Author Topic: Why all the Berra hate?  (Read 5581 times)

manuel

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: -3
Why all the Berra hate?
« on: August 22, 2010, 01:58:19 PM »
Excuse me if this is a stupid question but I'm new to the boards.
I've noticed a lot of Steve Berra hate, and I was just wondering why.
Other than the whole Scientology thing.

Ronald Wilson Reagan

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -937
  • I own Malibu? I am going to fuck you.
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
Re: Why all the Berra hate?
« Reply #1 on: August 22, 2010, 04:54:27 PM »
He is quite an odd fellow. Opinions have varied on him for a while but uniform hatred came after he attempted to blackmail the board as a whole when they talked shit on either berrics unified, the canteen expansion, or possibly both.
Are you a kook? If you would say this, the answer is “YES”
I quit skating for a time due to piling out

Skwisgaar Skwigelf

• Rep: 10000
« Reply #2 on: August 22, 2010, 05:13:02 PM »
He is quite an odd fellow. Opinions have varied on him for a while but uniform hatred came after he attempted to blackmail the board as a whole when they talked shit on either berrics unified, the canteen expansion, or possibly both.
He did that?!
Wow... I didn't know that. That's crazy. What's the story behind all that, with blackmail and such?
or maybe its because your fist has to first be purified in the waters of lake minnetonka before it can touch dylons.

Scallywag crew!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GDc5iadh_sE

manuel

« Reply #3 on: August 22, 2010, 05:25:04 PM »

Yes do tell

jojo_fosho

• Rep: -2

finknoos

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -170
  • Typos here there and everywhere
« Reply #5 on: August 23, 2010, 05:27:34 AM »
He acts like hes a skateboarding hero... that he does everything for skateboarding at his own expence and no-one else puts into the skateboarding community...camera whore... fuckin berrics rules!!???

cancelled

• Rep: -26
« Reply #6 on: August 27, 2010, 10:09:38 AM »
steve berra stole a 2 gram nug of chronic from me.

manuel

« Reply #7 on: August 28, 2010, 09:12:28 AM »
Wow, after reading all of that, what a dick!
And the Berrics unified is pretty wack. I'm glad to see there aren't too many skate shops participating.

finknoos

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #8 on: September 02, 2010, 05:41:36 AM »
steve berra stole a 2 gram nug of chronic from me.

Thats a prety good reason to drive a truck into the berrics

N/A

• Rep: 7
« Reply #9 on: September 02, 2010, 05:49:52 AM »
It's not so much hate as it is more that slap pals aren't exactly ready to vote him in as president or supreme exhalted ruler of skateboarding. Slap palS are the system of checks and balances in skating.
!!! VERT SAVES !!!

manuel

« Reply #10 on: September 02, 2010, 05:55:25 AM »
It's not so much hate as it is more that slap pals aren't exactly ready to vote him in as president or supreme exhalted ruler of skateboarding. Slap palS are the system of checks and balances in skating.

How does one become a Slap Pal exactly and how does the Rep system work?
I'm new to these boards.

N/A

« Reply #11 on: September 02, 2010, 10:47:33 AM »
I think everyone on here is a slap pal. As far as the rep system goes I have no idea if it works or doesn't but apparently once you post enough times you can gnar or kook people which then changes that persons rep. Does anyone know who has the highest and lowest reps on here?
!!! VERT SAVES !!!

manuel

« Reply #12 on: September 02, 2010, 11:26:22 AM »
I think everyone on here is a slap pal. As far as the rep system goes I have no idea if it works or doesn't but apparently once you post enough times you can gnar or kook people which then changes that persons rep. Does anyone know who has the highest and lowest reps on here?

I'm at negative 1 so I guess I've been Kooked, oh well I stand by my comments.
I would do Elisa Steamer, I think Deathwish is lame, and Vallely is a parody of himself nowadays.

Ronald Wilson Reagan

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -937
  • I own Malibu? I am going to fuck you.
« Reply #13 on: September 02, 2010, 11:40:11 PM »
slap pal= 1000+ posts and kooking/gnarring privileges.
Are you a kook? If you would say this, the answer is “YES”
I quit skating for a time due to piling out

N/A

« Reply #14 on: September 03, 2010, 03:34:08 AM »
Thanks Ron, at this rate I'll be a slap pal in like 15 years or something.
Manuel, some of the best dudes on here have negative reps don't worry about it and let me know how that thing with Elisa works out.
!!! VERT SAVES !!!

dylan makes me wet

• Rep: -32
« Reply #15 on: September 06, 2010, 02:14:03 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

I'm at negative 1 so I guess I've been Kooked, oh well I stand by my comments.
I would do Elisa Steamer, I think Deathwish is lame, and Vallely is a parody of himself nowadays.
i wholeheartedly agree

GhettoBillGates

• Rep: -4
« Reply #16 on: September 08, 2010, 06:18:38 PM »
was not a fan of the head chop video skit in THE END
face reality you DAN!

poor alice

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -133
  • ♦️♣️♥️♠️
« Reply #17 on: September 12, 2010, 07:10:04 PM »
the president of skateboading or not, i like the berrics videos, not THE BERRICS
I'm going to argue that Placebo owes their entire career to a Canadian dude's skate video part. Appleyard should be getting royalties for this shit.

manuel

« Reply #18 on: September 12, 2010, 07:11:38 PM »
the president of skateboading or not, i like the berrics videos, not THE BERRICS

I could do with a little less Reda, and more Mariano clips.

poor alice

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -133
  • ♦️♣️♥️♠️
« Reply #19 on: September 12, 2010, 07:20:24 PM »
why the hell is reda in skate 1,2 and 3
it annoys the shit out of me hearing "BANGIN'" screamed at me when i land a trick, and i only play the games at my friends house couple of times every now and then and it still is like having my fukking brain forced out through my temples, jhats how much rage i feel
I'm going to argue that Placebo owes their entire career to a Canadian dude's skate video part. Appleyard should be getting royalties for this shit.

ticklefingers

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -217
  • middleweight lurker
« Reply #20 on: September 15, 2010, 01:05:36 AM »
fyi, he reads this thread

matt.

• Rep: -6
« Reply #21 on: September 15, 2010, 09:58:05 PM »
fyi, he reads this thread

did anyone end up finding out who celebrity center was?

ChildoftheGhetto

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -1322
  • Nathaniel Turner with a burner
« Reply #22 on: September 15, 2010, 10:14:04 PM »
I think i have the lowest, which is odd, because I'm sure I'm the one that skates the most.

cancelled

• Rep: -26
« Reply #23 on: September 16, 2010, 12:37:44 AM »
i skate all up in your moms ghetto ass PUSSY.     FOOL

Lurkenstock

« Reply #24 on: September 16, 2010, 02:10:56 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]
I think i have the lowest, which is odd, because I'm sure I'm the one that skates the most.
You skate the most?
Congratulations.
Not trying to stir shit but how, pray tell, do you know that you skate more than everyone else?
Because you said so?

Please don't be offended but I'm sure more than a few of us are curious as to how exactly you arrived at that conclusion, so by all means let's hear it.

finknoos

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #25 on: September 16, 2010, 04:45:09 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]
[close]
You skate the most?
Congratulations.
Not trying to stir shit but how, pray tell, do you know that you skate more than everyone else?
Because you said so?

Please don't be offended but I'm sure more than a few of us are curious as to how exactly you arrived at that conclusion, so by all means let's hear it.

maybe hes got a log book to show us  ;D

monday: 3 hours
tuesday:2 hours
wednesday: 5 hours
etc.

ChildoftheGhetto

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #26 on: September 16, 2010, 07:36:25 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]
[close]
You skate the most?
Congratulations.
Because you said so?

Lurkenstock, you're an idiot. You know damn well no one on slap goes skateboarding on a daily basis. I guarantee you don't either.

jeremyrandall

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 67
    • Ninetimes Skate Shop avatar image
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #27 on: September 16, 2010, 08:03:41 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]
[close]
You skate the most?
Congratulations.
Because you said so?

[close]
Lurkenstock, you're an idiot. You know damn well no one on slap goes skateboarding on a daily basis. I guarantee you don't either.

I do

Lurkenstock

« Reply #28 on: September 16, 2010, 12:10:54 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]
[close]
You skate the most?
Congratulations.
Because you said so?

[close]
Never said anybody including myself skated on a daily basis, merely asked how you arrived at the conclusion that you skate the most out of everyone.
Period.
And you didn't answer, you called me an idiot, which is fine but still, as usual you resort to name calling and avoiding the question.

Okay, I guess until we hear otherwise (which apparently will be never) the reason you know that you skate more than anyone on here is merely because you said so.

ChildoftheGhetto

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #29 on: September 16, 2010, 12:31:32 PM »
Because you're an idiot, people on here even say they rarely skate, some stating they actually don't skate at all. You're just playing stupid(i hope), so you can maintain an opposite stance to mine.