Author Topic: Dr. Laura  (Read 4899 times)

nocomply

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: 147
  • Handsome
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
    Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
Re: Dr. Laura
« Reply #60 on: August 20, 2010, 08:00:21 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Apparently she quit radio. It's pretty sad that people's careers can be run into the ground over words and whining.
[close]
You are so fucking regular.
[close]
I love how offended you guys get about the word "nigger", but "regular" is completely acceptable. Fucking hypocrites.
[close]
comparing apples to oranges my friend, you can't compare "nigger" or "kike" to any other words in the english vocabulary they were used to enslave a race of people.
The word wasn't used to ENSLAVE any race. Its just a word that is offensive to certain people... just like "regular". Apples to oranges? Don't kid yourself. Historically the mentally disabled have had it WAY harder than black people and Jewish people... harder than anyone I'd say. Black people were enslaved for a few hundred years... that's horrible. regular people have been shit on since the dawn of man. ONly in recent history has the notion of giving the regular and mentally disabled any kind of dignity surfaced. Yeah, regular people weren't enslaved, they were just thrown away into mental institutions, experimented on, lobotomized, completely cast away by their own families, systematically abused.... and it's still going on today. Google "abuse of the mentally challenged" and have a fun read. person is worse in my book due to the fact that it is an abuse on people who generally don't have the mental capacity to defend themselves. Keep kidding yourself.

Generally I ignore the R-Bomb because I know that it's just a lost cause. Nobody gives a fuck, and just like Dr.Laura, they'll say I'm too sensitive. "Don't A.R.C. me". People spew that ignorant shit everywhere now. I work at a school and I recently heard a TEACHER use it during a lesson. awesome. whatever. I wouldn't have said anything, but calling someone a person in THIS thread is fucking hypocrytical. [RANT/]

Beer Keg Peg Leg

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -35
« Reply #61 on: August 20, 2010, 08:48:24 PM »
person

nocomply

• Handsome
« Reply #62 on: August 20, 2010, 09:13:52 PM »
hypocrite

Beer Keg Peg Leg

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -35
« Reply #63 on: August 20, 2010, 09:20:27 PM »
Not really. Calling Euclid a person was my only post in this thread.

jimi420

« Reply #64 on: August 20, 2010, 09:23:00 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Apparently she quit radio. It's pretty sad that people's careers can be run into the ground over words and whining.
[close]
You are so fucking regular.
[close]
I love how offended you guys get about the word "nigger", but "regular" is completely acceptable. Fucking hypocrites.
[close]
comparing apples to oranges my friend, you can't compare "nigger" or "kike" to any other words in the english vocabulary they were used to enslave a race of people.
[close]
The word wasn't used to ENSLAVE any race. Its just a word that is offensive to certain people... just like "regular". Apples to oranges? Don't kid yourself. Historically the mentally disabled have had it WAY harder than black people and Jewish people... harder than anyone I'd say. Black people were enslaved for a few hundred years... that's horrible. regular people have been shit on since the dawn of man. ONly in recent history has the notion of giving the regular and mentally disabled any kind of dignity surfaced. Yeah, regular people weren't enslaved, they were just thrown away into mental institutions, experimented on, lobotomized, completely cast away by their own families, systematically abused.... and it's still going on today. Google "abuse of the mentally challenged" and have a fun read. person is worse in my book due to the fact that it is an abuse on people who generally don't have the mental capacity to defend themselves. Keep kidding yourself.

Generally I ignore the R-Bomb because I know that it's just a lost cause. Nobody gives a fuck, and just like Dr.Laura, they'll say I'm too sensitive. "Don't A.R.C. me". People spew that ignorant shit everywhere now. I work at a school and I recently heard a TEACHER use it during a lesson. awesome. whatever. I wouldn't have said anything, but calling someone a person in THIS thread is fucking hypocrytical. [RANT/]
you just used the word in the same way that you were just telling people not to use it.

nocomply

• Handsome
« Reply #65 on: August 20, 2010, 09:37:16 PM »
you just used the word in the same way that you were just telling people not to use it.
No I didn't. "regular" is an actual diagnosis. It's not ONLY used to demaen people. I used it in the clinical sense, dummy.

jimi420

« Reply #66 on: August 20, 2010, 09:42:26 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]
No I didn't. "regular" is an actual diagnosis. It's not ONLY used to demaen people. I used it in the clinical sense, dummy.
so by calling a person regular you're using their actual diagnosis?

nocomply

• Handsome
« Reply #67 on: August 20, 2010, 09:50:02 PM »
I'm not sure what your point is, but yes.

jimi420

« Reply #68 on: August 20, 2010, 10:02:04 PM »
Being regular is a condition, o when someone says "You're being regular," they're likening you to a mental condition which is completely different than some white lady saying "Nigger, Nigger, Nigger," to a black woman. Most of the time when a person says person they aren't actually talking to someone with a mental handicap whereas when someone says the word Nigger they are describing a black person. regular people have been degraded for most of human history but during the modern age there aren't quite as many people beating up regular people or telling them that they're going to be hung from trees. The word Nigger is worse than the word person.

nocomply

• Handsome
« Reply #69 on: August 20, 2010, 10:20:40 PM »
It's not COMPLETELY different. It's not EXACTLY the same either. They're both derogatory. They're both demeaning to a group of people. They're both hurtful when used in a certain context. etc...

Look, I'm sorry that I even tried to say that one was worse than the other. It's irrelivant anyway to my original point. Hypocrytical.

oh and..... ARE YOU KIDDING ME? Use google for 5 minutes and you'll find a million fucked up things that are happening in "modern day society" to the mentally disabled.

my battery is about to die on my laptop and I need to go to bed. I worked 75 hours this week and.... this thread is making me cranky. Goodnight sweet angels.

Albatross

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 76
« Reply #70 on: August 20, 2010, 11:33:36 PM »
Expand Quote
my mom is brainwashed by fox news and people like this :[
[close]
mine too, plus my father.
They are in their mid 60's too
which is Fox's number one demographic
to mislead and exploit.
it angers me to no end but
I can never bring it up
to them

:-[

All Hail Wu Welsh

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 3
« Reply #71 on: August 20, 2010, 11:59:57 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]
exactly my point, the word is a clinical term that said in a certain context can be hurtful and demeaning. kike and nigger were words made up by authoritative figures solely to demean a race of people, they were trying to enslave.  While I agree calling or referring to  a mentally challenged person as a "person" is one of the shittiest things you can do, you can't compare one person jestingly calling another a person to someone calling a black person a nigger.

brycickle

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 156
« Reply #72 on: August 21, 2010, 08:31:18 AM »
there aren't quite as many people beating up regular people or telling them that they're going to be hung from trees.
That's because they have superhuman strength.

And I believe that kike is a derogatory term for Jews that was created by Jews.

You and the D00D have turned this thread into a horrible head-on-collision between a short bus full of regular kids and a van full of paraplegics.

the whompler

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 10
  • https://vimeo.com/user36500511
« Reply #73 on: August 21, 2010, 10:33:23 AM »
yawn

gaileaduffel

« Reply #74 on: August 22, 2010, 06:47:02 PM »
dr luara didnt even hear that lady out

she only quit

so she could say whatever she wants when she wants

im mad at the negress for callin that bitch for advice

and she must have known her husbands family and friends before they were married

the remarks aren't new

its her fault for dealing with it

she shouldn't have given dr laura the power to hurt her feelings

most white women cant stand black women

michelle obama, oprah, etc and the girls @ ghettogaggers are no different to most white people

its funny when white people wonder why alot of us say nigga to one another

yall just dont wanna be left out, and wont let niggers tell you what you can and cant say

that was lauras point

she will bank off this and become more famous

i will never date a white girl for this same awkwardness

white bitches are evil

and the fact that her husband doesnt say or give a fuck about it shows exactly how much he cares

most men will stand up for there women at the slightest slight

shes prolly some sort of sexual fetish for him and nothing more

she should come back home

Ronald Wilson Reagan

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -936
  • I own Malibu? I am going to fuck you.
« Reply #75 on: August 22, 2010, 07:07:45 PM »
It's great that fake doctor Laura is going to be off the air, but really the only news that would make me happy about people like this is "fake doctor Laura is dead".  My favorite headline would be the following:  "Rush Limbaugh, Glenn Beck, George W. Bush, Dick Cheney, Sarah Palin, and fake doctor Laura speak at Tea Party Convention. Convention center bombed.  No survivors."

I know just the people for the job.

And Dr. Laura crying about free speech is fucking stupid. She wasn't arrested for saying what she said. She quit working for a private corporation who limited what they would let her say if they were going to give a microphone that was going to be transmitted to millions of people. When you go on the radio you are paid to say shit so that advertisers will sponsor you and pay the station. When you say offensive shit, you turn off the sponsors and fail to do your job.
Also, it should be no surprise to her that there are broadcast standards that I am sure she knew damn well about. You think she'd be crying about free speech if they bleeped her out for saying "fuck?" No. Of course not, there are standards of decency in commercial broadcasting that should be nothing new to her, considering her long career in radio and the fact that broadcast standards outdate her career.
This is an attempt for her to turn the tables. She's trying to create pity and sympathy for herself as a victim by wrapping herself in the American flag and claiming she is a hero for free speech, trying to manipulate the narrative which is currently out there which is "she's off the radio because she went over the line and shouted the n-word 11 times at a women during a speech which included several other racist aspects." Its pathetic. As far as I know, the FCC didn't even fine her, and she wasn't officially fired, just likely told never to say that shit again because the sponsors won't stand for it.
 I love the fact that dumb ol' Sarah Palin is backing her on this though. Its like "The tea party isn't racist, but let's see Obama's birth certificate and radio hosts should be allowed to go on racial rants over the air without any repurcussions. Did I mention we aren't racist?" Jesus.
edit: first image was huge
« Last Edit: August 22, 2010, 07:09:57 PM by Ronald Wilson Reagan »
Are you a kook? If you would say this, the answer is “YES”
I quit skating for a time due to piling out

Donkey Lips

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 999
« Reply #76 on: August 23, 2010, 04:43:30 AM »
Dr. Laura's meat curtains need some maintenance.

chuck d

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 234
« Reply #77 on: August 25, 2010, 07:52:16 PM »
Sorry to bring this back to page 1, but "the NASDAQ of insults"...

http://www.thedailyshow.com/watch/tue-august-24-2010/the-hurt-talker