Author Topic: Scandinavia  (Read 85304 times)

SodaJerk

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1085
  • Butterscotch yo!
Re: Scandinavia
« Reply #120 on: May 26, 2014, 05:29:40 AM »
Expand Quote
I dig it.

I love Denmark and Sweden, especially Stockholm. Haven't been to the rest yet, but Iceland seems pretty cool.

[close]

Iceland isn't Scandinavia bro
Technically Finland is not considered part of Scandinavia either. It is not geographically identified as Scandinavia but was ruled by Scandinavian kingdoms as was Iceland thus they are most often included in the grouping.

Monty Burns

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -324
  • Release the hounds
« Reply #121 on: May 26, 2014, 09:51:42 AM »
Scandinavia (Denmark, Norway and Sweden)

Nordic countries (Denmark, Norway, Sweden, Finland, and Iceland AND Greenland, the Faroe Islands, and the ?land Islands)

however , I would say most people think  Sweden , Iceland , Denmark , Norway and Finland are scandinvaian / nordic , the same

alrightythen

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -21
« Reply #122 on: May 26, 2014, 10:03:29 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
I dig it.

I love Denmark and Sweden, especially Stockholm. Haven't been to the rest yet, but Iceland seems pretty cool.

[close]

[close]
Technically Finland is not considered part of Scandinavia either. It is not geographically identified as Scandinavia but was ruled by Scandinavian kingdoms as was Iceland thus they are most often included in the grouping.

I'm pretty sure no Scandinavian would consider Iceland and Finland as Scandinavia though.

SodaJerk

• SLAP Pal
  • Butterscotch yo!
« Reply #123 on: May 26, 2014, 10:07:46 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
I dig it.

[close]

[close]
[close]

I'm pretty sure no Scandinavian would consider Iceland and Finland as Scandinavia though.
No but I know several Finns that consider themselves Scandi.

Moist

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 10
  • Deaf and Dumb
« Reply #124 on: May 27, 2014, 02:06:16 AM »
Travelled around Scandinavia last summer. Copenhagan was my favourite, they have a small section/park in the middle of the city where the authorites turn a blind eye to smoking weed. The skating is good and drinking beers and swimming in the canal is the best on a sunny day.

Stockholm was cool, wasn't there for too long, catch a train 20 minutes south of the city center to Skarpnack and skate the park there, one of the best parks I have ever skated, not sure if it's a DIY or a legit park but it's an amazing street plaza type park.

Norway is incredibly beautiful, hire a car and drive around the Fjords.

Only downside to Scandinavian countries is its fucking expensive, and this is coming from someone who lives in Sydney, one the most expensive cities in the world. Be prepared to pay $20-25 for a six pack.

SodaJerk

• SLAP Pal
  • Butterscotch yo!
« Reply #125 on: May 27, 2014, 02:42:15 AM »
Travelled around Scandinavia last summer. Copenhagan was my favourite, they have a small section/park in the middle of the city where the authorites turn a blind eye to smoking weed. The skating is good and drinking beers and swimming in the canal is the best on a sunny day.

Stockholm was cool, wasn't there for too long, catch a train 20 minutes south of the city center to Skarpnack and skate the park there, one of the best parks I have ever skated, not sure if it's a DIY or a legit park but it's an amazing street plaza type park.

Norway is incredibly beautiful, hire a car and drive around the Fjords.

Only downside to Scandinavian countries is its fucking expensive, and this is coming from someone who lives in Sydney, one the most expensive cities in the world. Be prepared to pay $20-25 for a six pack.
You're talking about Brotherhood Plaza. It is skater made and designed but has permission and planning from the city.

art hellman

• Trade Count: (+21)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1152
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #126 on: May 27, 2014, 12:23:05 PM »
whatever the classifications... been to them all and loved them, my ranking would be

1. Bergen/Oslo/ (loved the train ride between the two and of course, the fjords)*
2. Copenhagen
3. Helskinki
4. Stockholm
5. Rekjavik

*spent a summer in Oslo, so biased in that way
hardly art, hardly starving

busted-knee

• Rep: -12
« Reply #127 on: May 31, 2014, 03:04:01 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
I dig it.

[close]

[close]

Just to clarify... Scandinavia can refer to a cultural/linguistic region that includes Swedish, Danish and Norwegian; a group of countries (often referred to as the Nordic countries), which includes Denmark, Finland, Iceland, Norway and Sweden; or a region defined by the Scandes/Scandinavian mountains that run across Norway, Sweden and part of northern Finland.

Much of what people call Scandinavian design (real stuff, not Ikea crap) is Swedish or Finnish. Finland (my home) has brought the world some great architecture (e.g. Alvar Aalto) and product design (e.g. Kaj Frank).

If you're gonna visit the Nordic countries, I suggest the summer. We got 24hr daylight up here and some crazy spots!

Alan

• Mods
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 2592
« Reply #128 on: June 01, 2014, 10:29:18 AM »
The larger font really drove the point home. Thanks.
Hosin' out the cab of his pickup truck
He's got his 8-track playin' really fuckin' loud

brycickle

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 153
« Reply #129 on: June 01, 2014, 02:01:00 PM »
I didn't see any of that. I can only read in 9 point.

You and the D00D have turned this thread into a horrible head-on-collision between a short bus full of regular kids and a van full of paraplegics.

piece of shit, straight up.

• Rep: -182
« Reply #130 on: June 09, 2014, 12:33:03 AM »
Fucking horrible, almost as bad as China.

Mark Renton

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 288
  • Choose life.
« Reply #131 on: July 01, 2014, 12:29:03 AM »
Booked for Norway, stoked! This is going to be so rad (and fucking expensive).
video tape yourself saving monks. dont just do it. make sure its caught on film.

darkslideoftheforce

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -24
« Reply #132 on: July 01, 2014, 06:31:33 PM »
As a norwegian, I thought I should give you a litte info on prices..

pack of cigarets: 16 $
six-pack beer: 32 $
one beer at a club/bar: 12 $
vans old skools: 114 $
skate company t-shirt: 65 $
hamburger, soda and fries at McDonalds: 18 $
snickers bar: 2.50 $
local buss ride: 6.50 $

Enjoy!

(But seriously, Norway is awesome. Just make sure you go during summer..)

Mark Renton

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 288
  • Choose life.
« Reply #133 on: July 02, 2014, 02:27:18 AM »
As a norwegian, I thought I should give you a litte info on prices..

pack of cigarets: 16 $
six-pack beer: 32 $
one beer at a club/bar: 12 $
vans old skools: 114 $
skate company t-shirt: 65 $
hamburger, soda and fries at McDonalds: 18 $
snickers bar: 2.50 $
local buss ride: 6.50 $

Enjoy!

(But seriously, Norway is awesome. Just make sure you go during summer..)

Yes I'm going early august. These are all things I don't really need, I'm more worried about supermarket prices..I've already been to Sweden and they were ok if you pay attention. Also shout outs to nsb-minipris keeping the dream alive haha
video tape yourself saving monks. dont just do it. make sure its caught on film.