Author Topic: Scandinavia  (Read 85308 times)

The Drew

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 284
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
Re: Scandinavia
« Reply #30 on: September 02, 2010, 08:44:44 AM »
i've got some family in finland (in oulu... hence my last name), and some friends in Helsinki... i really want to get over there one day to meet my relies and explore... also i want to go to sweeden and denmark, when i go

rawbertson.

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 673
  • yo yo, yo yo yo yo
    • my youtube avatar image
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
« Reply #31 on: September 02, 2010, 08:45:06 AM »
i heard christiania was the shit

Monty Burns

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -325
  • Release the hounds
« Reply #32 on: September 02, 2010, 09:03:18 AM »
i heard christiania was the shit

its ok , laid back , but used to be much better .

I guess going to  Copenhagne would be one of the better choises , laid back city , real good party city , nice girls and ppl . Skating there is good and when you get bored take the train over to Malm? ( sweden ) , takes about 40 mins . Malm? has some nice DIY spots , some real good city spots ,  and 2 real good out door cement parks + one big indoor park ( winter time )

kinda like getting 2 citys for one .

rawbertson.

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 673
  • yo yo, yo yo yo yo
    • my youtube avatar image
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
« Reply #33 on: September 02, 2010, 09:18:33 AM »
my 1 friend from iceland says its shit compaerd to what it was my canadian friend says its still real dope but iceland dude said it used to be like weed central better than amsterdam and not so much now.

brycickle

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 155
« Reply #34 on: September 02, 2010, 10:12:13 AM »
Maybe it's just me, but I don't think you should be choosing where you will or won't travel based on the quality of pot you'll be able to get.  There are more important factors.

I'd like to go to Denmark and see if I can track down where my Great Grandfather's bakery was before he had to escape from the Nazi invaders.

You and the D00D have turned this thread into a horrible head-on-collision between a short bus full of regular kids and a van full of paraplegics.

Inbred Jed

« Reply #35 on: September 02, 2010, 10:41:12 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
I want to go to Scandinavia so badly. I took Norwegian my first year in college and loved it. I wish i could have stayed with it and learned it better, but my schedule wouldn't allow it. I really want to visit Norway, Finland, and Iceland. I never really cared about Sweden and Denmark for some reason, but now that you guys talk those places up, I'll have to go there too. I've been thinking about trying to learn Finnish and Icelandic, but they are supposed to be absurdly difficult. I know Icelandic is one of the hardest languages in the world to learn.
[close]
I dunno about Icelandic, but I do know that Finnish is a Russian-related language, rather than Germanic. So that's probably why. Russian is retardedly difficult to learn.
[close]

No it's not. Finnish is Uralic/Finno-Ugric. Russian is Slavic. They are nowhere near related, except for small overlaps in the Baltics. Finnish is related to Hungarian and Estonian, while Russian is related to Czech, Polish, Lithuanian, etc. And Icelandic is Germanic, but much closer to Old Norse than most other Germanic languages. Including the other Scandinavian languages, which are closer to Old English. From the several people I know who have studied Russian, they've said it's not that hard to learn, but that can easily vary from person to person.
[close]
I think I see what I confused here. Finnish sounds more Russian than Norwegian and Swedish, and it is closer to Russia, so common sense told me that it's probably geographically and demographically more related to Russian than Old Norse or Germanic.
Either way, Finnish isn't Germanic so, at least to me, it seems that it would be harder to learn, since Germanic is more similar to English/Latin than Slavic or Finno-Ugric.
[close]

Yeah, I know what you mean. It's a common mistake a lot of people make. But languages don't evolve based solely on proximity. Like Estonia and Finland are no where near Hungary, but they are all related. Which makes fuck all sense. Personally, Finnish sounds more liek Norwegian or Swedish to me, but that's a personal opinion. (And Germanic isn't close to Latin, just so you know)

It's all Greek to me

Skwisgaar Skwigelf

• Rep: 10000
« Reply #36 on: September 02, 2010, 11:43:47 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
I want to go to Scandinavia so badly. I took Norwegian my first year in college and loved it. I wish i could have stayed with it and learned it better, but my schedule wouldn't allow it. I really want to visit Norway, Finland, and Iceland. I never really cared about Sweden and Denmark for some reason, but now that you guys talk those places up, I'll have to go there too. I've been thinking about trying to learn Finnish and Icelandic, but they are supposed to be absurdly difficult. I know Icelandic is one of the hardest languages in the world to learn.
[close]
I dunno about Icelandic, but I do know that Finnish is a Russian-related language, rather than Germanic. So that's probably why. Russian is retardedly difficult to learn.
[close]

No it's not. Finnish is Uralic/Finno-Ugric. Russian is Slavic. They are nowhere near related, except for small overlaps in the Baltics. Finnish is related to Hungarian and Estonian, while Russian is related to Czech, Polish, Lithuanian, etc. And Icelandic is Germanic, but much closer to Old Norse than most other Germanic languages. Including the other Scandinavian languages, which are closer to Old English. From the several people I know who have studied Russian, they've said it's not that hard to learn, but that can easily vary from person to person.
[close]
I think I see what I confused here. Finnish sounds more Russian than Norwegian and Swedish, and it is closer to Russia, so common sense told me that it's probably geographically and demographically more related to Russian than Old Norse or Germanic.
Either way, Finnish isn't Germanic so, at least to me, it seems that it would be harder to learn, since Germanic is more similar to English/Latin than Slavic or Finno-Ugric.
[close]

You got confused because you are a fucking idiot.
Guess who doesn't give a fuck?  :o
« Last Edit: September 02, 2010, 11:58:38 AM by Skwisgaar Skwigelf »
or maybe its because your fist has to first be purified in the waters of lake minnetonka before it can touch dylons.

Scallywag crew!

sven thorkel

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 476
    Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #37 on: September 02, 2010, 01:58:54 PM »
by responding to that you show some notion of giving a fuck  :P
"Front row tickets to a bomb ass play"

Quote from: PonyFAP
I don't know where you get your facts. The first generation of My Little Ponies were made by Hasbro, not the Khmer Rouge. And Hasbro hasn't made toys out of human skulls since the 1960's.

Tom Penny says: My 'ed systems!

oyolar

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 381
« Reply #38 on: September 02, 2010, 02:08:37 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]
[close]

[close]
[close]

[close]
this.
oyolar, are you into linguistics?

Yeah, just recently I've been getting into languages and linguistics, but just from a more hobby perspective.

Skwisgaar Skwigelf

« Reply #39 on: September 02, 2010, 02:20:12 PM »
by responding to that you show some notion of giving a fuck  :P
Sarcasm isn't very clear to you, is it?
or maybe its because your fist has to first be purified in the waters of lake minnetonka before it can touch dylons.

Scallywag crew!

sven thorkel

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 476
    Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #40 on: September 02, 2010, 03:06:39 PM »
ohh my. i feel like making jests at chris cole kid is pointless... it's like pointing out that someones fly is undone when they're clearly hanging off a locker from an atomic wedgie. he seems to do a better job at embarrassing himself, no assistance required
"Front row tickets to a bomb ass play"

Quote from: PonyFAP
I don't know where you get your facts. The first generation of My Little Ponies were made by Hasbro, not the Khmer Rouge. And Hasbro hasn't made toys out of human skulls since the 1960's.

Tom Penny says: My 'ed systems!

Skwisgaar Skwigelf

« Reply #41 on: September 02, 2010, 04:08:38 PM »
ohh my. i feel like making jests at chris cole kid is pointless... it's like pointing out that someones fly is undone when they're clearly hanging off a locker from an atomic wedgie. he seems to do a better job at embarrassing himself, no assistance required
No I know what you meant, prick. I'm just saying, when you're being sarcastic, getting literal with people is kind of pointless.

Scallywag crew!

Bipsmound

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 803
    • Turd Magazine avatar image
« Reply #42 on: September 02, 2010, 04:14:41 PM »
You know who doesn't give a fuck?  God doesn't give a fuck.  He doesn't give a fuck about you Kris Kole Kid.  When he was putting humans together and sending them out with the storks, you snuck your way out of the discarded baby pile and made your way to earth.  Rest assured, he doesn't give a fuck about you, you are not one of his chosen sons.  I hope that makes you feel terrible, because God rulez.

Skwisgaar Skwigelf

« Reply #43 on: September 02, 2010, 04:16:48 PM »
You know who doesn't give a fuck?  God doesn't give a fuck.  He doesn't give a fuck about you Kris Kole Kid.  When he was putting humans together and sending them out with the storks, you snuck your way out of the discarded baby pile and made your way to earth.  Rest assured, he doesn't give a fuck about you, you are not one of his chosen sons.  I hope that makes you feel terrible, because God rulez.
:o
Oh NO! Not GOD!

Scallywag crew!

frank

• Rep: 1
« Reply #44 on: September 02, 2010, 05:25:12 PM »
and what the hell does this have to do with any thing about Scandinavia you rejects
whats crappenin

Skwisgaar Skwigelf

« Reply #45 on: September 02, 2010, 06:02:29 PM »
and what the hell does this have to do with any thing about Scandinavia you rejects
Ask the trolls, I don't know.

Scallywag crew!

frank

• Rep: 1
« Reply #46 on: September 02, 2010, 06:08:04 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

i want to punch you in the face right now
whats crappenin

Skwisgaar Skwigelf

« Reply #47 on: September 02, 2010, 06:10:22 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]
[close]

For being called an idiot and talking back? Sounds about right?
« Last Edit: September 02, 2010, 06:16:18 PM by Skwisgaar Skwigelf »

Scallywag crew!

Beer Keg Peg Leg

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -35
« Reply #48 on: September 02, 2010, 07:30:22 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]
[close]

[close]
For being an idiot and talking back? Sounds about right?

Skwisgaar Skwigelf

« Reply #49 on: September 02, 2010, 08:16:13 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]
[close]

[close]
For being an idiot and talking back? Sounds about right?
[close]
These people really do fascinate me. They come in threads to solely disrupt them from the topic with petty bullshit.
What are YOUR opinions on Scandinavia, sir?

Scallywag crew!

Beer Keg Peg Leg

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -35
« Reply #50 on: September 02, 2010, 08:19:00 PM »
its liek close to da north pole so dey language similar to polar bear growl

dolphinstyle.

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 114
« Reply #51 on: September 03, 2010, 03:09:12 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]
[close]

[close]
[close]

[close]
this.
oyolar, are you into linguistics?
[close]

Yeah, just recently I've been getting into languages and linguistics, but just from a more hobby perspective.
ah ok, cool, cool... I'm about to finish my linguistics studies soon... diachronic stuff was never my cup of tea though...well then
Look, I'm an individual within us, partaking in this business

cancelled

• Rep: -26
« Reply #52 on: September 03, 2010, 11:18:57 AM »
You know who doesn't give a fuck??  God doesn't give a fuck.?  He doesn't give a fuck about you Kris Kole Kid.?  When he was putting humans together and sending them out with the storks, you snuck your way out of the discarded baby pile and made your way to earth.?  Rest assured, he doesn't give a fuck about you, you are not one of his chosen sons.?  I hope that makes you feel terrible, because God rulez.

HAH

Schteven

• Rep: -7
« Reply #53 on: September 03, 2010, 01:05:05 PM »
Expand Quote
You know who doesn't give a fuck??  God doesn't give a fuck.?  He doesn't give a fuck about you Kris Kole Kid.?  When he was putting humans together and sending them out with the storks, you snuck your way out of the discarded baby pile and made your way to earth.?  Rest assured, he doesn't give a fuck about you, you are not one of his chosen sons.?  I hope that makes you feel terrible, because God rulez.
[close]

HAH

yeah I was just thinking that should be used in a movie or whatever...
Fantesticle!

Rutger Hauer

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -25
« Reply #54 on: September 03, 2010, 01:24:54 PM »
A lot of skaters that have visited Helsinki, Finland in the summer time have come back summer after summer.
That must mean something?

Did I tell you already it's OK to drink out public? Have a tall one open and just wander around the city. Small things make life great, huh?
"I don't know what my appeal is. I can see I've got blue eyes and don't look like the Hunchback of Notre Dame but I can't understand the fuss."

kinky john

• Rep: 39
  • I do not spook easily
« Reply #55 on: September 03, 2010, 01:35:29 PM »
Oslo is great, clean as you like but properly expensive.

Got stopped by customs when I landed and asked if I attended "drugs parties". Impressed with any country that has specific parties exclusively for drugs.
« Last Edit: September 03, 2010, 01:38:41 PM by kinky john »
Quote from: lipscantgo on April 15, 2009, 02:30:26 PM
Females now know to NEVER text Jereme before breakfast. He laid it down.

Skwisgaar Skwigelf

« Reply #56 on: September 03, 2010, 01:36:49 PM »
Oslo is great, clean as you like but properly expensive.
Fuck....

Scallywag crew!

Monty Burns

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -325
  • Release the hounds
« Reply #57 on: September 03, 2010, 01:58:51 PM »
Think Oslo is one of the most expencive citys , up there with Copenhagen and tokyo . Norway is stacked with money thanks to Oil .

macgruber

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 73
  • Just Tell Me What You Want Me To FUUUUUUCK
« Reply #58 on: September 03, 2010, 02:44:40 PM »
my great grandparents immigrated from norway and some long lost relative found me on facebook and says i should come out. i am working on making that happen in the next few years. that's what credit cards are for goddamnit

i also want to hit finland, sweden and denmark, do a little viking quest.

Skwisgaar Skwigelf

« Reply #59 on: September 03, 2010, 06:21:38 PM »
my great grandparents immigrated from norway and some long lost relative found me on facebook and says i should come out. i am working on making that happen in the next few years. that's what credit cards are for goddamnit

i also want to hit finland, sweden and denmark, do a little viking quest.
That's badass, dude.
My great grandparents immigrated to Canada from Norway. I have a couple relatives from Norway on my Facebook as well. They always post statuses in Norwegian so I have to use a translator to decipher, but it's fuckin rad. That's pretty much what I wanna do, too. Just trek across Norway, Sweden, and Finland.

Scallywag crew!