Author Topic: Scandinavia  (Read 85311 times)

filter

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: 7
Re: Scandinavia
« Reply #60 on: September 03, 2010, 07:11:00 PM »
never been though i'm really interested. finland and sweden seem cool and i'd love to visit, though i'm not really sure how i'd go about it since i don't know anyone there or have relatives or anything like that. maybe if i ever have lots of money to blow i'll use it to travel there, i think it'd be worth it

frank

• Rep: 1
« Reply #61 on: September 03, 2010, 11:17:41 PM »
never been though i'm really interested. finland and sweden seem cool and i'd love to visit, though i'm not really sure how i'd go about it since i don't know anyone there or have relatives or anything like that. maybe if i ever have lots of money to blow i'll use it to travel there, i think it'd be worth it

yeah sweden in the summer is freakin awesome possum
whats crappenin

The Ghost of Lenny Kirk

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -146
« Reply #62 on: September 04, 2010, 03:07:01 AM »
they have good parks cool spots and amazing women. if you end up going you wont be disappointed.

sven thorkel

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 476
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
    Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #63 on: September 04, 2010, 06:14:29 PM »
I have a couple relatives from Norway on my Facebook as well. They always post statuses in Norwegian so I have to use a translator to decipher, but it's fuckin rad.

so you go out of your way to translate mundane shit like "goin 2 see iron man 2 2night, its gonna b off da heezy" or "check out this new band mgmt, they are like so catchy." i don't think anything important ever makes it to facebook statuses... well okay, maybe you got barack obama on there and he sends out a sneak preview for his next prez move to all his social networking buddies. but hey, obama always gets the by.
look, what im really trying to tell you is that you shouldn't be wasting time on facebook and babelfish; instead you should be spending it here, you know, doing that thing you do and making glorious posts
"Front row tickets to a bomb ass play"

Quote from: PonyFAP
I don't know where you get your facts. The first generation of My Little Ponies were made by Hasbro, not the Khmer Rouge. And Hasbro hasn't made toys out of human skulls since the 1960's.

Tom Penny says: My 'ed systems!

Skwisgaar Skwigelf

• Rep: 10000
« Reply #64 on: September 04, 2010, 06:37:15 PM »
Expand Quote
I have a couple relatives from Norway on my Facebook as well. They always post statuses in Norwegian so I have to use a translator to decipher, but it's fuckin rad.
[close]

so you go out of your way to translate mundane shit like "goin 2 see iron man 2 2night, its gonna b off da heezy" or "check out this new band mgmt, they are like so catchy." i don't think anything important ever makes it to facebook statuses... well okay, maybe you got barack obama on there and he sends out a sneak preview for his next prez move to all his social networking buddies. but hey, obama always gets the by.
look, what im really trying to tell you is that you shouldn't be wasting time on facebook and babelfish; instead you should be spending it here, you know, doing that thing you do and making glorious posts
I just think it's kind of interesting to see what they're up to. They are family, after all, even if I have never met them before.
I do make pretty bodacious posts, here, don't I...
or maybe its because your fist has to first be purified in the waters of lake minnetonka before it can touch dylons.

Scallywag crew!

clamy

« Reply #65 on: September 09, 2010, 04:53:47 AM »
I was on a train on my way to the stay gold prem the other night when I overheard some girl talking about her night next to me. She had a funny accent I had to ask where she was from, Finland of course. I told her I was half finnish and she didn't believe me, which makes sense because by appearance I look mexican. I had to prove to her by saying something in finnish, the only word I could remember was milk, and hello. She straight cut me down like "no you're not". Ha.

macgruber

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 73
  • Just Tell Me What You Want Me To FUUUUUUCK
« Reply #66 on: June 06, 2011, 11:40:07 AM »
looks like this is the summer for it. fly into bergen, train to oslo, train or plane to stockholm where my buddy is currently living. if anyone is from norway or sweden and has any tips for getting by on the cheap, i'd appreciate the advice

Hercules Rockefeller

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -13
  • i`m a double-bacon-genius-burger.
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #67 on: June 06, 2011, 11:48:51 AM »
looks like this is the summer for it. fly into bergen, train to oslo, train or plane to stockholm where my buddy is currently living. if anyone is from norway or sweden and has any tips for getting by on the cheap, i'd appreciate the advice

i?ll be in linkj?ping, sweden from august 1st to february. all i have to do is find a appartment. but hey, still close to 2 months time, ey?

RoedGroed

• Rep: 60
« Reply #68 on: June 06, 2011, 03:56:16 PM »
Im from Denmark, and my girlfriend is norwegian. We live in Denmark but spends a lot of time in norway at her family in Oslo as well. Denmark is very relaxed, laid back and if you are not from here, you Will still have a crew in no time. Its All good here, good beer, good spots and fantastic summers. More street skating than park skating.

Norway is really nice too. Lots of skateparks. It has been my impression that the huge snowboarding culture results in more skaters and more parks. But the weather is colder there, and its expensive as fuck. A beer costs 3 times as much as a beer in Denmark. You can drink legally at 16 in Denmark and 18 in norway.

Anyways, Scandinavia is the shit. Some of the tightest local scenes i have ever seen and great parties. Definitly worth a visit.

DEDBBIS

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -76
« Reply #69 on: June 06, 2011, 05:33:57 PM »
I visited Norway a few time 10+ years ago, still enjoyed myself despite being young. Even in prespubescence, I was overwhelmed by the amount of good looking girls.

There ain't no shit on T.V. tonight

Hobochilli

• Mods
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 308
« Reply #70 on: June 08, 2011, 01:22:28 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

i?ll be in linkj?ping, sweden from august 1st to february. all i have to do is find a appartment. but hey, still close to 2 months time, ey?
I live 1 hour away from Link?ping, we should hook up and skate someday.
I do alot of traveling in my work and i go there pretty frequently.

Monty Burns

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -325
  • Release the hounds
« Reply #71 on: June 08, 2011, 08:43:57 PM »
Going to Copenhagen and Malmo , Lund and gothenburg in August , maybe stockholm too but not sure . Stoked

Hercules Rockefeller

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -13
  • i`m a double-bacon-genius-burger.
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #72 on: June 12, 2011, 02:57:14 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

that would be really tight!

i just booked my flight to stockholm at the end of july, gonna spend a few days there with the woman. then down to link?ping. i am really stoked on this, i hope that university will leave enough free time to travel and explore. oslo, helsinki, st petersburg and copenhagen are pretty much up there on my list.

Hobochilli

• Mods
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 308
« Reply #73 on: June 13, 2011, 07:38:05 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]
[close]

that would be really tight!

i just booked my flight to stockholm at the end of july, gonna spend a few days there with the woman. then down to link?ping. i am really stoked on this, i hope that university will leave enough free time to travel and explore. oslo, helsinki, st petersburg and copenhagen are pretty much up there on my list.
I ll send you a PM

JUSTICE BEAVER

• Rep: 6
  • yes
« Reply #74 on: June 20, 2011, 10:18:52 AM »
I live about 40 minutes away from Oslo. Sick spots everywhere and the girls are top notch! But it's pretty expensive, and the weather can be very unpredictable. Sweeden and Denmark is sick too. Sorry for my bad English!
Keenan Forever

David

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 27
« Reply #75 on: June 20, 2011, 05:13:56 PM »
From what I hear about Denmark, the state controls everything, taxes are high, and class mobility is fucked. My cousin wants to move there.

alrightythen

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -21
« Reply #76 on: June 21, 2011, 12:29:25 PM »
I live in Oslo and its really great in the summer, not so much in the winter. Compared to most countries its pretty expensive but also the average persons salary here is pretty high. For example youll usually pay around 10 dollars for a beer at bars, and normal rent is around 900-1000 dollars a month. But again the lowest youll make an hour is probably around 20 dollars, usually more. And that basicly applies to any job, even the crappy local supermarket job.

macgruber

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #77 on: July 07, 2011, 10:53:52 AM »
I live in Oslo and its really great in the summer, not so much in the winter. Compared to most countries its pretty expensive but also the average persons salary here is pretty high. For example youll usually pay around 10 dollars for a beer at bars, and normal rent is around 900-1000 dollars a month. But again the lowest youll make an hour is probably around 20 dollars, usually more. And that basicly applies to any job, even the crappy local supermarket job.

not a bad situation to be in. i'm heading to bergen on the 20th then heading east to oslo then stockholm by trains. anything i should definitely try to see or avoid?

Human Onion

• Rep: 4
« Reply #78 on: July 07, 2011, 12:17:09 PM »
In Oslo:

Take a boat to one of the islands in the oslofjord( hovedoya, gressholmen), where you can swim and relax. Bring beers. The boat ride costs the same as bus fare. There's plenty of good spots. Go to city hall to for a nice flatground sesh, and meet other skaters. You should also check out the night life which is pretty good. Most women are beatiful and - more importantly - loose!  Have fun :)
« Last Edit: July 07, 2011, 12:37:19 PM by Human Onion »

RoedGroed

• Rep: 60
« Reply #79 on: July 07, 2011, 02:34:55 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

not a bad situation to be in. i'm heading to bergen on the 20th then heading east to oslo then stockholm by trains. anything i should definitely try to see or avoid?

Avoid Bergen. Its a cool city, really beautiful and charming. But it rains A LOT. It rains almost everyday and it is well known for its 85 days rain periods. Its lays in some special fucked up spot between some hills, which causes the moist to fall like rain.. everyday! So, if its for skateboarding, don't go there unless you want to skate their indoor park. If its for hanging out and seeing a beautiful city, go!

Oslo is sick. Try to go out to Akershus, an old fortress thing with lots of small paths and grass to chill on. And like Human Onion said - check out City Hall, really nice vibe. The guys there will definitely be able to hook you up with whatever you need. Norway is great!

macgruber

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #80 on: July 08, 2011, 10:16:23 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

Avoid Bergen. Its a cool city, really beautiful and charming. But it rains A LOT. It rains almost everyday and it is well known for its 85 days rain periods. Its lays in some special fucked up spot between some hills, which causes the moist to fall like rain.. everyday! So, if its for skateboarding, don't go there unless you want to skate their indoor park. If its for hanging out and seeing a beautiful city, go!

Oslo is sick. Try to go out to Akershus, an old fortress thing with lots of small paths and grass to chill on. And like Human Onion said - check out City Hall, really nice vibe. The guys there will definitely be able to hook you up with whatever you need. Norway is great!

bergen was more for hanging out and camping, so i don't really mind the rain. maybe i'll cut it a bit short to stay in oslo longer.

thanks a lot for the tips! you too, human onion

sprayTAN101

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -30
  • thats a sweet tan bro.
« Reply #81 on: July 09, 2011, 04:19:17 AM »
skatewise:

norway (oslo/bergen) has a lot of gritty spots, few good parks.
sweden has a lot of new concrete parks
the copenhagen area has really good, clean street spots.

girl wise:

norway, all good, girls get wasted and will gladly join the afterparty, all are not too reflected, but very open minded.
sweden, still, all pretty, still get wasted, not as tacky as norwegians can be.
denmark (copenhagen), dangerously hot. think skinny, tall, hot girls in summer dresses on bicyles. this particular species is fun to party with, but is not as easily fooled. danish people usually act more continental, but i guess all scandos are kinda rural compared to the rest of the world.

money wise:

norway is expensive
sweden is a tad bit cheaper
denmark is even cheaper, but living/staying can be expensive in the copenhagen area.

Sleep wise:

Even hostels are pretty expensive (think 40+ USD a night) but couch surfing is easy. Hit a bar or club but avoid the most classy and way to cheap ones. Explain your situation and make friends. You should have no problem getting a couch to sleep on for at least a few nights.

travel wise:

bus allways cheap and a good way to check out the scenery. Check companies like "swebus" or "säfflebussen".
trains are expensive but occationally have great offers around 30-40USD for a cross country trip.
plains can often be cheaper than trains. carriers like "Norwegian", "Ryan Air" and "Air Berlin" are inexpensive.
cars cost a lot to rent and to buy. gas is expensive, but all scandos are pretty gullable, so shouldnt be too hard to hitch a ride.

in general:

visit Norway for amazing scenery and nature (but guard your wallet)
visit Sweden for great skateparks the stockholm wibe
visit Denmark for the copenhagen and relaxed wibe.

Ive never been to Finland or Iceland.

"lifestyle scorpion dude..."

ciaran

• Rep: 22
« Reply #82 on: July 09, 2011, 05:45:17 PM »
I head over to Finland annually with my girlfriend to see her family and friends and it's always rad.  Rural Finland might not be to every skater's taste, particuarly if you're on a skate trip and have no locals to show you about, take you a fishing spot, go swimming in a lake, sea kayaking or similar.

Helsinki's one of my favourite cities in summer, despite the relatively high prices - fantastic women, easy enough to skate & cycle around, fantastic women, Ponkes skatepark by the sea, fantastic women, Janne Saario's park at El?intarha, fantastic women, birch forests all over the city, saunas, fantastic women, drunken island picnics, fantastic women.  It's only an hour by ferry to Tallinn in Estonia for day trips or onward travel, which itself is also worth checking out. The lifestyle here is top of the list, shame that Finnish is so hard to learn, even if I like to think I'm good at learning foreign languages. 

Malmo in southern Sweden is a rad place.   There's a shitload of fantastic women, a handful of top quality skateparks like Sipparb and Stappelsbadparken alongside a top notch indoor park and several DIY spots of renown thanks to Pontus and his extended crew.  Right on the sea, like most large Scandinavian cities, you can go for a swim right 5 minutes skate away from Stappelsbad, there's a couple of 10m high platforms to jump off with a couple of dope wooden ledge spots nearby too.  The Malmo Festival is usually on around the weekend of 15th August and worth checking out if you're in town.  Best yet is that it's 35 minutes by train to Copenhagen.  And sweet jesus, the women there. Wow.  I love how the Danish tourist board employs smiling & friendly supermodels to work in cake shops near Christiania.  Fuck.  Yeah.

Scandinavia in summertime is the best - nowhere near as hot or humid as Spain or Greece or as cheap as Bulgaria, but if your wallet can take the kicking, most definitely worth a visit.  And shit, the women, I always feel like walking around town, cock in hand, just bashing one out for the laugh. 

P.S.  Legend has it that the Vikings kidnapped all the medieval hot chicks from the UK and Ireland.  Seems that their medieval eugenics program may have succeeded...

sametelt

• Rep: 17
« Reply #83 on: July 09, 2011, 06:13:55 PM »
Eugenics ftw.

macgruber

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #84 on: July 15, 2011, 03:24:27 PM »
In Oslo:

Take a boat to one of the islands in the oslofjord( hovedoya, gressholmen), where you can swim and relax. Bring beers. The boat ride costs the same as bus fare. There's plenty of good spots. Go to city hall to for a nice flatground sesh, and meet other skaters. You should also check out the night life which is pretty good. Most women are beatiful and - more importantly - loose!  Have fun :)

are you allowed to pitch tents and stay a night on the island?

if anyone from oslo or bergen wants to meet up next week, or knows any parties or whatever going on, hit me up. i'm bringing some whiskey and good times.

Human Onion

• Rep: 4
« Reply #85 on: July 15, 2011, 04:29:48 PM »
You are only allowed to camp on Langoyene island, but nobody's going to stop you if you camp on one of the other islands. Next week I'll be busy working every day til thursday and on friday I might go to berlin - but if I don't go im down to skate and party on friday. I might hit you up. Have fun in Norway!

sexualhelon

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 19
  • I'm an ardent supporter of futile causes.
    • Lurkaround avatar image
« Reply #86 on: April 21, 2013, 10:58:06 AM »
Fuck, I'm reviving a dead horse.

This thread is amazing and am glad I found it. Going to be in Helsinki next week then might visit Iceland,Denmark,Sweden, and Norway towards the end of July.

mattofallmatts

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -110
  • "I will not skateboard in the halls"
« Reply #87 on: April 21, 2013, 07:29:11 PM »
I really want to go to Iceland, as does my girlfriend. Plan is to find a smoking hot icelandic princess and bring her back to bed with us.

burm

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 134
« Reply #88 on: April 21, 2013, 11:17:26 PM »
I was just in Iceland for a weekend, it was a pretty cool trip. Reykjavik itself is really small and didn't seem like there is much to do, so you need to take advantage of the countless possible trips and adventures they arrange there. I went whalewatching because that was my girlfriends motive on going there (she wanted to see whales on her birthday) and we managed to chill out with a humpback for a while, it was pretty amazing.

I did spot a fun looking little skatepark in between some buildings right in the middle of the city though.
take what small comfort there may be left
seize what you love and damn all the rest

Tracer

• Rep: -65309
    Silver Topic Start Silver Topic Start : Start a topic with over 5,000 replies.
« Reply #89 on: April 22, 2013, 12:18:01 AM »
Hottest girls I ever met on travels were from Denmark. Plus snus is from Scaninavia so they an A+
Never cared to visit, too expensive plus all the cool Scandinavians leave their home country for something better. Exclude Norway because they're real earners