Author Topic: Es' Pro game of skate results  (Read 9659 times)

gub

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 221
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
Re: Es' Pro game of skate results
« Reply #60 on: September 13, 2006, 11:53:52 AM »
they should disallow i-pods in these matches. who knows, anybody could have a "pod cast" with trick tips going at any time = unfair advantages

Math Professor

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 23
« Reply #61 on: September 13, 2006, 12:03:33 PM »
Isn't it funny how freestyle made a comeback but repackaged as "flat ground".
I wonder if Rodney entered and did a hundred 360s if that would count as a trick in S.K.A.T.E?

j....soy.....

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1567
« Reply #62 on: September 13, 2006, 09:48:02 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
At least Jizurov actually looked like a skateboarder.
[close]

......... ???
[close]

It was the ultimate Fresh vs. Hesh game of S.K.A.T.E. match up.

fuck..for a sec i glanced at that and though..'that dude's wearing a kendo mask!'

naw..a hundred 360's wouldn't count...i consulted the game of skate rules and regulations...it's right after the no late flip rule...

Sheep

• Rep: -10
« Reply #63 on: September 13, 2006, 11:53:12 PM »
At least Jizurov actually looked like a skateboarder.
They're both embarrassments...

...IMHO!

corto

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -115
  • Chewy, Worrest, Trahan, Tuna, Hjalte, TJ
« Reply #64 on: September 14, 2006, 12:14:37 AM »

heh, well observed

bentmode

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 211
  • Da$h
« Reply #65 on: September 14, 2006, 12:30:18 AM »
lovin the arm band.
Han solo blew up the Death Star in Episode 4.  Heard it from a friend.  Reliable source.

vitunvesa

• Rep: 2
« Reply #66 on: September 14, 2006, 04:58:29 AM »
com 'oon. they both look totally normal.

eat like a bird and drink like a whale

max power

« Reply #67 on: September 14, 2006, 05:00:31 AM »

sfa

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 176
« Reply #68 on: September 14, 2006, 08:38:29 AM »

this is the new best thing ive heard on here!!!
I need a coffee

sir ruffs a lot

• Rep: -1
« Reply #69 on: September 14, 2006, 10:01:18 AM »
cole should have one that kid cheated on his 360 ollie flip he slid it over all piv style but more gay than a freestyle kook.
fuck that german.

Wesley

• Rep: -3
« Reply #70 on: September 14, 2006, 09:01:46 PM »
Alex is one of the nicest, humblest kids that I have ever met.  His style is perfect and he beat everybody fair and square.  He didn't get a letter for the first three rounds.  He was flawless.  Talk shit all you want.  Some amazingly talented kid from Germany just had the best day of his life...and he was nothing but appreciative.  Well done Alex.

If you want to complain about anybody...then do so about Taylor Smith or Daryl Grogan...no respect deserved there.

dschultz6072

« Reply #71 on: September 14, 2006, 11:33:46 PM »
Oh come on.  I think Alex is amazing and deserved to win, but please... The kid has that same god damned cookie-cutter "so fresh and so clean" style everyone coming out now has. 

"Is it Mike-Mo?  Is it Wade?  Is it Trep?  Maybe Cody Mac?  No wait that's Alex Mizurov, duh!  You can tell by his...iPod headphones!  Yeah!  I think..."

That shit isn't style.  It's trying to look fresh and clean.  Don't get it confused.

Stefan, Gino, Guy, Creager, Koston, Wenning?  That is style.

blindthugster

• Rep: -4
« Reply #72 on: September 15, 2006, 10:27:19 AM »

Yes it is but there is more too life that them...who gives a flying fuck about anything that has been said, just skate to enjoy yourself and everyone needs to stop hating on that guy and Cole...so they want to enter comps and see what tricks can be done, its just part of progression. I've nothing against it anyway

fumblebag

• Rep: -2
  • Gesundheit
« Reply #73 on: September 15, 2006, 10:55:25 AM »
This kid's foot is in the door, and you're tugging on his laces, because Jamie Thomas is tugging on your banana.

zing!

... a good one.
p.s. i do that in the bath sometimes. its fun to do it when you have a woody allen. when you open your legs up, your stick goes straight up, as if it wants to go to heaven.  - quote from guess who.

gnar bar

« Reply #74 on: September 15, 2006, 11:01:39 AM »
chris cole is rad. you can not deny he has skill. they you dudes go but he doesnt have the style like gino, guy ...

personally i think that those "style" guys are just taking it easy and playing the i have good style card too hard while the other dudes like chris cole (his stee isnt that bad) who are pushing skating

bert

• Rep: 0
« Reply #75 on: September 15, 2006, 11:09:42 AM »
i find it funny how everybody seems to hate on contests nowadays, yet people go on and on about who did or didnt deserve to win.

Wesley

« Reply #76 on: September 16, 2006, 01:11:55 AM »
Oh come on.  I think Alex is amazing and deserved to win, but please... The kid has that same god damned cookie-cutter "so fresh and so clean" style everyone coming out now has. 

"Is it Mike-Mo?  Is it Wade?  Is it Trep?  Maybe Cody Mac?  No wait that's Alex Mizurov, duh!  You can tell by his...iPod headphones!  Yeah!  I think..."

That shit isn't style.  It's trying to look fresh and clean.  Don't get it confused.

What's sad about your post is that all you could discuss was what the "young bucks" are wearing.  This is not what defines style.  Who has their priorities mixed up here?

TheMoneyMellon

« Reply #77 on: September 16, 2006, 01:29:47 AM »

This is my first post because I usually lurk around but I can't stand when people try to hate on new skaters to make themselves seem somehow more mature in thier skate knowledge. You don't know what you're talking about... You just threw out the same names everyone throws out when talking about style. They do have amazing styles but come on dude, I gotta say it seems like you said that to try to legitimize your bullshit claims becuase you know no one will deny they're some of the cleanest. Trying to look fresh and clean? People don't "try" for style... It's just the way you skate. Major props to that German dude. He came outta nowhere and won, you gotta love the underdog. Besides even though Chris Cole does some amazing tricks his style is terrible. Stop hating and just acknowledge someone else's accomplishments, god damn...

Wesley

« Reply #78 on: September 16, 2006, 10:44:25 AM »
Expand Quote

[close]
This is my first post because I usually lurk around but I can't stand when people try to hate on new skaters to make themselves seem somehow more mature in thier skate knowledge. You don't know what you're talking about... You just threw out the same names everyone throws out when talking about style. They do have amazing styles but come on dude, I gotta say it seems like you said that to try to legitimize your bullshit claims becuase you know no one will deny they're some of the cleanest. Trying to look fresh and clean? People don't "try" for style... It's just the way you skate. Major props to that German dude. He came outta nowhere and won, you gotta love the underdog. Besides even though Chris Cole does some amazing tricks his style is terrible. Stop hating and just acknowledge someone else's accomplishments, god damn...

Sheesh...THANK YOU!!!  There are a few folks around here who don't need to find their self worth through talking shit on a message board.

bentmode

• SLAP Pal
  • Da$h
« Reply #79 on: September 16, 2006, 11:13:12 AM »
paul treps style is fucking grodie.
Han solo blew up the Death Star in Episode 4.  Heard it from a friend.  Reliable source.

dschultz6072

« Reply #80 on: September 16, 2006, 12:52:08 PM »
Expand Quote

[close]

What's sad about your post is that all you could discuss was what the "young bucks" are wearing.  This is not what defines style.  Who has their priorities mixed up here?
Geez...I KNOW clothing doesn't define style.  Ugh.  I am saying you can't fucking tell the new guys apart because they all try to skate and look the exact fucking same.  Broken wrists, crossed arm crouch, acting like they aren't trying, having some stupid face when they land.  It's all the same.  The only way you can discern them often times requires you to look at their clothing to see what their damn sponsors are.  Gangster robots with iPods is all it is.

Your style is a product of skating for a long time and becoming comfortable with how you do tricks enough to make them your own.  It is NOT something you just pick from a line-up and decide "Hey, yea, I like that guys style so I'm going to use it"  Take someone like Andrew Reynolds.  No matter what the fuck he wears, baggy clothes or torn up girl's outfits, his style is ALWAYS discernable, because it's how he skates naturally, and it's fucking great. 

gabeallenjones

« Reply #81 on: September 16, 2006, 10:34:29 PM »
ok fine, i'll name some non-generic names:

drake jones
robbie mckinley
joey bast
pepe martinez (RIP)
kenny hughes
greg lutzka

there you go. 

i'm not trying to find myself or looking for any sort of praise from you guys, i'm just stating my opinion.  i still stand by it.  95% of the kids coming up are trying way too hard to have style and end up robots instead.

j....soy.....

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1567
« Reply #82 on: September 16, 2006, 10:50:34 PM »
kids these days...

S-Town Holla!

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -16
  • Malto!
« Reply #83 on: September 17, 2006, 09:48:44 AM »
i like that kid alex...i don't think its an act thats just the way he likes to dress. and he took out chris cole he deserves props.
R.I.P Travis "Panama" Kresge

Cashcrate, make some easy money

TheMoneyMellon

« Reply #84 on: September 17, 2006, 09:55:26 AM »

drake jones
robbie mckinley
joey bast
pepe martinez (RIP)
kenny hughes
greg lutzka

there you go. 

i'm not trying to find myself or looking for any sort of praise from you guys, i'm just stating my opinion.  i still stand by it.  95% of the kids coming up are trying way too hard to have style and end up robots instead.
95% of those kids that are faking their style aren't really going anywhere. I like mike-mo's style, it seems perfectly natural to me... If all the new kids are robots then you must not have too much hope for the future. Nice style list though. On a different topic, everyone forgets Jerry Hsu when talking about style, or do people not like his style?

S-Town Holla!

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -16
  • Malto!
« Reply #85 on: September 17, 2006, 09:57:25 AM »
Expand Quote

drake jones
robbie mckinley
joey bast
pepe martinez (RIP)
kenny hughes
greg lutzka

there you go. 

[close]
95% of those kids that are faking their style aren't really going anywhere. I like mike-mo's style, it seems perfectly natural to me... If all the new kids are robots then you must not have too much hope for the future. Nice style list though. On a different topic, everyone forgets Jerry Hsu when talking about style, or do people not like his style?

i like his style. And i also like mike mo's finally someone who agrees with me.
R.I.P Travis "Panama" Kresge

Cashcrate, make some easy money

iheardherassholeslikethisbig

• Rep: 1
  • yea
« Reply #86 on: September 17, 2006, 10:05:36 AM »
i love jerry hsus style cuz its just so smooth and he makes it look so hard

bentmode

• SLAP Pal
  • Da$h
« Reply #87 on: September 17, 2006, 03:06:49 PM »
jerrys style is wierd because its no that perfect evrytime thing but its a mix of perfection and pat rakestraw.

HoSGage

• Rep: 0
« Reply #88 on: September 17, 2006, 03:57:08 PM »
did pj ladd enter this... if he did and he lost... i am really really surprised
Quote from Guile

and isnt your crew a baker bite? hammercity. you might as well call it stretchmouth, because your gonna be covered in stretch marks when i finish feeding you this big dong soup.

kev

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -42
« Reply #89 on: September 17, 2006, 04:18:50 PM »
even though Chris Cole does some amazing tricks his style is terrible.

Quote from: brooklyn brawler, 2 seconds later.
Stop hating and just acknowledge someone else's accomplishments, god damn...