Author Topic: josiah gatlyn  (Read 1593 times)

CHONGO

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 29
    • tumblr avatar image
josiah gatlyn
« on: April 25, 2020, 08:53:17 PM »
Pardon me I am assuming this thread has been posted before. But re stumbled on this video part again. I remember watching it years ago on repeat all the time and then finding out he stopped skating. Such a bummer. Dude was so sick. Wonder if zero would have ever done anything with him if he kept it up.

Youoverthere

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 165
Re: josiah gatlyn
« Reply #1 on: April 26, 2020, 04:47:00 AM »
This dude makes edm music now. Bummer.Remember that clip he had in Thrasher’s prevent this tragedy where he grinds a double kink then smashes a glass plane with his shoulder.

it must be crazy when chico sells you something and the tables switch from "give me my money chico" to "giving my money to chico"

Garth Marenghi

« Reply #2 on: April 26, 2020, 10:05:36 PM »
This dude makes edm music now. Bummer.Remember that clip he had in Thrasher’s prevent this tragedy where he grinds a double kink then smashes a glass plane with his shoulder.

That was Shane Azar.

Lame_Nigga

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -5
  • Just a lame nigga who can't kickflip
« Reply #3 on: April 26, 2020, 10:23:17 PM »
Didn't this guy say Skateboarding ruined his life? Mine too, nigga. At least you got to travel and meet people, all I got was bad ankles and disappointment. 

blurst_of_times

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 803
    • Skateboarding Magazine Scans avatar image
« Reply #4 on: April 26, 2020, 10:53:43 PM »
IIRC he does a pretty big kickflip in the Cold War friends section. That's about all I remember about him
There was no wire. Clark's planet needed him.
 Note: Clark Hassler died on the way back to his home planet.

blurst_of_times

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 803
    • Skateboarding Magazine Scans avatar image
« Reply #5 on: April 26, 2020, 10:56:50 PM »
Also, didnt he live with Jamie Thomas for a bit and then left/got kicked out because Jamie wanted him to help pay bills or something, and Gipper got into a trademark argument with Jamie about how he's a rich asshole who does nothing for his riders?
There was no wire. Clark's planet needed him.
 Note: Clark Hassler died on the way back to his home planet.

Pappy Jones

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 155
« Reply #6 on: April 27, 2020, 12:54:24 AM »
Also, didnt he live with Jamie Thomas for a bit and then left/got kicked out because Jamie wanted him to help pay bills or something, and Gipper got into a trademark argument with Jamie about how he's a rich asshole who does nothing for his riders?
I honestly miss Gip’s presence. As grumpy as he almost always was.

somethingmustbreaknow

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 491

fulltechnicalskizzy

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1936
« Reply #8 on: April 27, 2020, 06:33:22 AM »
Pardon me I am assuming this thread has been posted before

Lame_Nigga

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -5
  • Just a lame nigga who can't kickflip
« Reply #9 on: April 27, 2020, 09:07:44 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]
I honestly miss Gip’s presence. As grumpy as he almost always was.
GIP was the biggest asshole on this site but he made shit interesting and usually had solid points, even tho I'm p sure he kooked my first account every time I said anything

pizzafliptofakie

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1960
« Reply #10 on: April 27, 2020, 09:15:27 AM »
wasn't this dude a bible thumpin' homophobe? Don't really miss him.

CHONGO

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 29
    • tumblr avatar image
« Reply #11 on: April 27, 2020, 09:18:00 AM »

Interesting haha. Wasn't aware or heard of that until now!

Donkey Lips

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 998
« Reply #12 on: April 27, 2020, 10:33:55 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

He used to argue with people on messageboards whether being gay was a sin or not. Same time he was ranting about jacking off being a sin. I think he was living in chief's guesthouse which explains a lot. He was always the store brand version of Sierra Fellers anyway.

drunk guy

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 93
« Reply #13 on: April 27, 2020, 04:21:54 PM »
this dude just sucked

Commercial D

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -670
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #14 on: April 29, 2020, 11:16:47 AM »
He used to argue with people on messageboards whether being gay was a sin or not. Same time he was ranting about jacking off being a sin. I think he was living in chief's guesthouse which explains a lot. He was always the store brand version of Sierra Fellers anyway.

This was years before #nofap started trending. Josiah was an absolute visionary.
Skate videos have been downhill ever since 411VM #20

Coldpizza

• Rep: 165
« Reply #15 on: May 09, 2020, 08:07:42 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

Was gonna say the same thing. Him, Sierra, and Yoshi T. all kinda blend stylistically together. They’re all super talented, but just kinda got muddled together ¯\_(ツ)_/¯.
 I was born & raised in Montana, so Sierra always stuck out  to me being as that’s where he’s from too. He was the little shit who was way younger than everyone and fucking ripped. First time I met him was at this weird indoor almost DIY type park in Great Falls called “Set Free”, it was in an old theater with tons of wood ramps and awful lighting. He was the kid finding the tallest qp so he could kickflip off the deck to flat. That park got kinda wild and was shut down after multiple fights and hijinx, I think the final straw was when some kid just straight up took a huge shit in a trash can. Oddly enough I used to skate with everyone’s favorite Aaron Kyro on & off back then, not homies or anything but skate acquaintances. Dude could manual anything. Anyways, I’ve rambled enough for now. Cheers y’all.
¯\_(ツ)_/¯