Author Topic: Comfortable cupsole?  (Read 4782 times)

Ben

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: 1
Comfortable cupsole?
« on: September 01, 2010, 07:09:27 PM »
I have skated Reynolds 3's, Janoskis, G-codes, and Chukka Lows in the past 3 months. My feet are KILLING me. The most recent pair were the Emerica G-Codes, but my feet have never been this sore. Im wanting to get an amazingly comfortable cupsole for my next shoe. I skate heavily, 5-6 times a week. Whats your best suggestions? Ive been considering some SB Salazars....

Cold Pizza

Re: Comfortable cupsole?
« Reply #1 on: September 01, 2010, 07:55:07 PM »
When ever my feet need a break, I usually go for some Nike SB Dunks.  They skate real well, and are super comfy.

jojo_fosho

• Rep: -2
« Reply #2 on: September 01, 2010, 08:02:51 PM »
Busenitz fool

Ben

« Reply #3 on: September 01, 2010, 08:07:23 PM »
I do own quite a few SB Dunks, that I wear around, but they seem to burn my heel if that makes any sense? might not be that way when if i actually skate them.

I also have been considering Busenitz's, just not sure how I feel about Adidas yet.

KrKdinAL

• Rep: 4
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #4 on: September 01, 2010, 09:55:13 PM »
The Salazars are worth it. I skated the Busenitz and Salazar's back to back, and I have to say in terms of comfort and support I felt like the Salazar's were better. Although, both shoes were amazing

miguelsk8

« Reply #5 on: September 02, 2010, 04:30:01 AM »
buy the emerica b.herman 2!!! really confortable, the grip is really nice and durable, and they have that "STi G2? Six Shooter" on the heel that are amazing... best cup sole ever... try'em!!!

jojo_fosho

• Rep: -2
« Reply #6 on: September 02, 2010, 03:10:13 PM »
I also have been considering Busenitz's, just not sure how I feel about Adidas yet.
Buy a pair. If you have already had a pair of Dunks, then go with Busenitz. Its an amazing shoe.

bbk

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 278
  • Dopeness
« Reply #7 on: September 02, 2010, 03:40:40 PM »
I have skated Reynolds 3's, Janoskis, G-codes, and Chukka Lows in the past 3 months. My feet are KILLING me. The most recent pair were the Emerica G-Codes, but my feet have never been this sore. Im wanting to get an amazingly comfortable cupsole for my next shoe. I skate heavily, 5-6 times a week. Whats your best suggestions? Ive been considering some SB Salazars....
cupsole

bumpnrun

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 44
    • Fairways & Flips avatar image
« Reply #8 on: September 02, 2010, 04:39:11 PM »

Ben

« Reply #9 on: September 02, 2010, 05:03:48 PM »
cupsole[/quote]

yes, i know that, but all they did was hurt my feet horribly. great shoe as far as durability, but caused the balls of my feet alot of pain.

well, im trying to decide between Busenitz's and Salazars. Im also considering getting a pair of Accels, but its been about 6 years since ive had them, and cant remember how good they really were.

thanks for the help guys.

camel filters

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1274
    Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #10 on: September 02, 2010, 09:27:16 PM »
ive heard great things about the comfort on the braydons (as ugly as they are) but ive know ppl who swear by them

pointandclick

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 243
« Reply #11 on: September 02, 2010, 11:22:00 PM »
ive heard great things about the comfort on the braydons (as ugly as they are) but ive know ppl who swear by them
braydons are comfy but have no board feel.
herman 2s are better for feel same comfort.
dc match s has good board feel from the get go but wear quickly.
busenitz are the best cupsole for comfort, grip, board feel  and durability. they almost get comfier as you go.

dookirx

• Rep: -6
« Reply #12 on: September 02, 2010, 11:26:18 PM »
Possibly give the new vans versa's a shot? i wanna know how those skate! they look pretty promising.
-----------------------------------------------------

snickers

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -325
  • do you think this is a game?
« Reply #13 on: September 03, 2010, 12:28:56 AM »
Possibly give the new vans versa's a shot? i wanna know how those skate! they look pretty promising.
Vans Versa all day.
fatcockXL deserves to be mod on the strength of his name alone

Ben

« Reply #14 on: September 03, 2010, 07:24:35 PM »
what about dunk highs? ive never had highs, just own like 10 pairs of lows.

REALLY considering busenitz's, but some of the dunk highs caught my eye as well.

ster

• Rep: -13
« Reply #15 on: September 03, 2010, 08:14:27 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]
Vans Versa all day.

MFS

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -65427
« Reply #16 on: September 03, 2010, 10:23:05 PM »

Ive had 2 pairs in Black/White, easily the most comfortable shoe ever.

jayceedeecee

• Rep: -3
« Reply #17 on: September 03, 2010, 11:32:51 PM »
Im also considering getting a pair of Accels, but its been about 6 years since ive had them, and cant remember how good they really were.

If I were to ever wear another pair of cupsoles again, which I won't, they would be accels.  IMHO, accels were as close to perfection that a skate shoe could get, before the Manchester select was created.

bumpnrun

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 44
    • Fairways & Flips avatar image
« Reply #18 on: September 04, 2010, 02:51:32 PM »
Expand Quote
Im also considering getting a pair of Accels, but its been about 6 years since ive had them, and cant remember how good they really were.
[close]

If I were to ever wear another pair of cupsoles again, which I won't, they would be accels.  IMHO, accels were as close to perfection that a skate shoe could get, before the Manchester select was created.

fwiw, depending how puffy you like your tongues, some of those eS' have super puffy tongues.  I have a pair of Trilogys and they are super puffy.  Accel tongues look similar.

Ben

« Reply #19 on: September 04, 2010, 09:23:54 PM »
well, i discovered the greatest place ever today as far as shoes go, San Diego outlet mall. I picked up 2 pairs of eS Square ones for 45$, another pair of Chukka lows (they look so good) for 25$, and Salazars for 40$. the Etnies/Emerica/eS store kept me going for over an hour. I have never tried on so many pairs of shoes.

dookirx

« Reply #20 on: September 05, 2010, 01:30:13 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

fwiw, depending how puffy you like your tongues, some of those eS' have super puffy tongues.  I have a pair of Trilogys and they are super puffy.  Accel tongues look similar.

If you want a toned down accel, just get the accel TT's. I dont know if they still make them or not, seeing that my last pair were the brown ones over a year ago.. but regardless, they were really comfortable and not bulky at all.

-----------------------------------------------------

VictoriousOG

« Reply #21 on: September 05, 2010, 08:19:33 AM »
I recommend  the DC Match. Pretty identical shape to Lakai Manchesters. Comfy and lasts a while.

pugmaster

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1536
  • Overweight and Underprepared
« Reply #22 on: September 05, 2010, 09:04:59 AM »
I recommend  the DC Match. Pretty identical shape to Lakai Manchesters. Comfy and lasts a while.

Dc's sizes are weird though.  I wear a 12 in any other shoe but with theirs I have to get a 13, and that is too big.
"...We got the nuclear worm over here..."

Never forget:
Rusty_Berrings, 360 frip, Yapple Dapple, Bubblegum Tate

pointandclick

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 243
« Reply #23 on: September 05, 2010, 11:19:49 AM »
Expand Quote
I recommend?  the DC Match. Pretty identical shape to Lakai Manchesters. Comfy and lasts a while.

[close]

Dc's sizes are weird though.?  I wear a 12 in any other shoe but with theirs I have to get a 13, and that is too big.
they fit me so well. ive had 7 or so pairs.

Randozzi

« Reply #24 on: September 05, 2010, 07:10:30 PM »
Busenitz are great.
Lakai Mike Mo and Lucas 2 are both really really good and comfortable cup soles.

Exile on MainSt.

« Reply #25 on: September 06, 2010, 11:43:19 PM »
Busenitz are great.
Lakai Mike Mo and Lucas 2 are both really really good and comfortable cup soles.

Just got the Lucas 2

tatertots

« Reply #26 on: September 07, 2010, 03:52:27 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

[close]

If you want a toned down accel, just get the accel TT's. I dont know if they still make them or not, seeing that my last pair were the brown ones over a year ago.. but regardless, they were really comfortable and not bulky at all.

yea, they still make the accel tts. imo best shoe ever

Lane2095

« Reply #27 on: September 09, 2010, 10:14:57 PM »
The new DVS getz 5s are super comfortable but not too bulky for a cupsole which is good. def. mike mo and lucas 2 same deal with both. But I usually stretch shoes out and the lucas 2s streched out super quick so you might not want to get them if you have that problem. Most nike and adidas shoes have very good padding as well and last forever since they actually know how to make a good shoe.

heckler

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 475
« Reply #28 on: September 09, 2010, 10:18:49 PM »
My Busenitzs are blowing out and I haven't even been skating them for a week.
Ha SLAP's resident libtard and NY pro cocksucker.

cheep

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 103
« Reply #29 on: September 10, 2010, 06:19:22 AM »
Nike sb classics are great... Real thin cupsole so the boardfeel is great, but they still have plenty of support.  They also have that zoom air shit in the heel which has made sure i havent gotten heel bruises yet.  Easy to get used to after wearing vulks for a long time too. 
http://cheepshit.tumblr.com/
the worst in jacksonville skateboarding