Author Topic: Gravis  (Read 14483 times)

Omamori

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -128
Re: Gravis
« Reply #30 on: September 29, 2010, 12:25:12 PM »
I should have stated this in my previous post. I have the Dylan's (dress shoe), they fit long but are narrow...I bought them in a 12. I did do 3 tricks in them, they felt to big to skate. Is the Arto sizing similar to the Dylan's?

Moist

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 10
  • Deaf and Dumb
« Reply #31 on: October 01, 2010, 06:40:52 AM »
Black suede Dylan slip-on's mmmmm. I think I still may get the Filter's.

http://www.utilityboardsupply.com/get_item_GRS053_gravis-dylan-slip-on-shoe-black-suede.htm

Pretty Girls Make Graves

• Rep: -8
« Reply #32 on: October 01, 2010, 05:30:28 PM »
tried on a pair of the dress shoe dylans today. they were amazing but i couldn't get myself to spend 100 bucks on em. They feel soo nice though

camel filters

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1274
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
    Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #33 on: October 01, 2010, 09:17:07 PM »
I should have stated this in my previous post. I have the Dylan's (dress shoe), they fit long but are narrow...I bought them in a 12. I did do 3 tricks in them, they felt to big to skate. Is the Arto sizing similar to the Dylan's?
are they narrower than the janoskis? i cant wear that fucking shoe. got some extra cash and i want some crazy looking red shoes.

Omamori

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #34 on: October 01, 2010, 09:31:18 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]
are they narrower than the janoskis? i cant wear that fucking shoe. got some extra cash and i want some crazy looking red shoes.
What width feet do you have? I've never tried the Janoski's. I'm sure you could stretch out the Dylan's. Have you tried the Busenitz? That's the only shoe I have to compare the Dylan's.

camel filters

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #35 on: October 01, 2010, 09:38:26 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]
[close]
What width feet do you have? I've never tried the Janoski's. I'm sure you could stretch out the Dylan's. Have you tried the Busenitz? That's the only shoe I have to compare the Dylan's.
i think i tried on new balances and my feet are a med in that. but ive actually never tried on busenitz. but ive had shoes like eras and laced that are somewhat narrow and theyre pretty comfortable.

btw i hope you dont mind me stealing your sig for my avatar. if so i can go back to the cig pack.

Omamori

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #36 on: October 01, 2010, 09:44:00 PM »
i think i tried on new balances and my feet are a med in that. but ive actually never tried on busenitz. but ive had shoes like eras and laced that are somewhat narrow and theyre pretty comfortable.

btw i hope you dont mind me stealing your sig for my avatar. if so i can go back to the cig pack.
I'll go try them on to make sure.......if you have a medium width foot you'll be fine. The Busenitz actually have less toe room for me. I would get them, plus they have the poron (sp) sole which is comforable.

Naw, I don't care if you took it.

camel filters

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #37 on: October 01, 2010, 09:50:50 PM »
Expand Quote

[close]
I'll go try them on to make sure.......if you have a medium width foot you'll be fine. The Busenitz actually have less toe room for me. I would get them, plus they have the poron (sp) sole which is comforable.

Naw, I don't care if you took it.
right on thanks!

finknoos

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -170
  • Typos here there and everywhere
« Reply #38 on: October 04, 2010, 03:16:07 AM »
OKAY, im normally an 8 UK, i bought the janoskis in an 8 and they were fine but became loose after a week, got some more in 7 and they stretched to my foot in a day or two..... what size should i get the dylan slip ons in?

noileum

• Rep: 29
Cheapo Ballet Shoes (in the EU)
« Reply #39 on: October 04, 2010, 05:54:34 AM »
If anyone wants some Grey Leather Dylan Ballet Shoes and you're EU based then Blue Tomato have them on offer for ?50

Only Size 10 (UK) and the description is fucking amazing

Posh, posh appeal brings the Dylan from Gravis! Whether country-club, golf-club or a high-society-party on the yacht - from now on you are in the upper class!

They also have a ?10 discount code if you sign up to their newsletter (not sure if this will apply to these though as the voucher is forwhen spending over ?50

Hercules Rockefeller

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -13
  • i`m a double-bacon-genius-burger.
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #40 on: October 04, 2010, 07:33:14 AM »
damn, blue tomato sucks so damn hard. the zumiez (i guess) of austria.

noileum

• Rep: 29
« Reply #41 on: October 04, 2010, 11:00:37 AM »
damn, blue tomato sucks so damn hard. the zumiez (i guess) of austria.

yeah, but they's some cheap ass ballet pumps

Twig88

« Reply #42 on: October 04, 2010, 11:04:17 AM »
OKAY, im normally an 8 UK, i bought the janoskis in an 8 and they were fine but became loose after a week, got some more in 7 and they stretched to my foot in a day or two..... what size should i get the dylan slip ons in?

I found the same with Janoskis (have to go a size down because of the stretching). If you have a fairly narrow foot, I'd also go a size down in the gravis (though i haven't had the dylan slip on, had filters and artos). They fit long but slightly narrow and they also stretch, make of that what you will.

Moist

• SLAP Pal
  • Deaf and Dumb
« Reply #43 on: October 20, 2010, 02:35:28 AM »
Got my suede filter's in the mail today. I went a half size down but I should of just stuck with my normal size (10). I'm sure they will stretch out in a couple of skates.

reginacoleman666

• Rep: -1
« Reply #44 on: October 25, 2010, 02:07:58 PM »
skate dylan mids the canvas ones. and they rip so fast, i decided to not flip my board but it began ripping, however there is a layer underneath the canvas to protect your feet but i didnt risk to see  how long that would last till it got to my socks.  just like with any other shoe just shoe goe them and they will last at least 3 weeks preferbaly black shoe goe.

Other than the ripping, it feels really good to skate in these gravis'.  Although ima have to disagree with their padding and poron i mean no heel bruises yet or anything like that but definitely your not gonna be jumpin down big stuff all day.  i suggest switching them with tnt soles

but overall really good shoe, not worth their price but i get mine on sale for 25 each then its worth it, padding isnt meant to jump down stuff and get suede

The Donger

• Rep: -63
« Reply #45 on: October 25, 2010, 04:24:17 PM »
What the hell is poron? Is it better that the Emerica(STI, gel2) insoles?

pandarelated

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 90
« Reply #46 on: October 25, 2010, 04:32:49 PM »
not all Gravis have poron.. there should be a tag attached to the shoe when new saying it does. i think it is limited to the LX versions of some shoes. i know the arto LX do for sure. im not sure the filters do. even the LX ones.

Nick..

« Reply #47 on: October 25, 2010, 05:17:56 PM »
not all Gravis have poron.. there should be a tag attached to the shoe when new saying it does. i think it is limited to the LX versions of some shoes. i know the arto LX do for sure. im not sure the filters do. even the LX ones.
I bought the Filter LX today and they don't have the poron.

oyolar

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 378
« Reply #48 on: October 25, 2010, 07:03:17 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

Yeah, it'll have a tag saying if the insole is poron or not. If you look at their shoes on their website, it says it there too. I think there's a video already posted in the topic, but poron is a compound that absorbs pressure absurdly well without distorting its shape.

Edward Sebastian

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -305
  • This is what we live for.
« Reply #49 on: October 25, 2010, 09:44:07 PM »
if anyone can find a site selling these (filter dlx) in a 9.5 i would be eternally grateful. i'd love to support a skateshop by buying them there, if any of them bothered to stock gravis

"RIP to myself one day" - JR Blastoff

spare change

« Reply #50 on: October 25, 2010, 09:50:03 PM »
shoes with poron(it is a thin blue layer under the cardboard beneath the insole)

arto/arto lx
filter dlx
dylan

camel filters

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #51 on: October 25, 2010, 11:56:23 PM »
if anyone can find a site selling these (filter dlx) in a 9.5 i would be eternally grateful. i'd love to support a skateshop by buying them there, if any of them bothered to stock gravis

http://www.zumiez.com/brands/gravis/gravis-iv-arto-lx-black-leather-shoe.html
heres the similar looking arto lx. couldnt find the filters

oyolar

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #52 on: October 26, 2010, 08:37:59 AM »
Expand Quote

http://www.zumiez.com/brands/gravis/gravis-iv-arto-lx-black-leather-shoe.html
[close]
heres the similar looking arto lx. couldnt find the filters

If you're going to order those Artos, order them here: http://www.upriseskateboards.com/product_detail.cfm?CatID=1&PID=4100

spare change

« Reply #53 on: October 26, 2010, 09:03:27 AM »
fyi if anyone is looking for gravis my shop carries a decent selection and does mailorder and all pals get 15% off and any free stuff i have laying around.
pm me or email
http://www.35thavenue.com/
[email protected]

camel filters

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #54 on: October 26, 2010, 09:14:13 AM »
fyi if anyone is looking for gravis my shop carries a decent selection and does mailorder and all pals get 15% off and any free stuff i have laying around.
pm me or email
http://www.35thavenue.com/
[email protected]

cool! i will hit you guys up next time i want something my local shop doesnt have.

Avicci

• Rep: -71
« Reply #55 on: October 26, 2010, 11:15:41 AM »
I just can't get into these shoes.

"chill out on the yo flips theo we only want whats best for you!"

oyolar

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #56 on: October 26, 2010, 06:27:48 PM »
I just can't get into these shoes.

It's probably because you're trying too small of a size.

timow

• Rep: 1
« Reply #57 on: October 31, 2010, 01:36:40 PM »
got some new gravis dylans in black for 13 euro (20$)
« Last Edit: October 31, 2010, 05:58:54 PM by timow »

Nick..

« Reply #58 on: October 31, 2010, 06:28:46 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]
[close]

Yeah, it'll have a tag saying if the insole is poron or not. If you look at their shoes on their website, it says it there too. I think there's a video already posted in the topic, but poron is a compound that absorbs pressure absurdly well without distorting its shape.
Didn't say anything on the tag about it, so I'm guessing that it doesn't got it.

timow

• Rep: 1
« Reply #59 on: November 01, 2010, 06:01:22 AM »
could anybody upload a pic of wearin the dylans