Author Topic: Barcelona  (Read 67051 times)

Thomas

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: 20
  • no pop no style
Re: Barcelona
« Reply #120 on: August 28, 2017, 05:04:43 AM »
Might be moving to Barcelona after the Summer. Very excited, but nervous. I've very little Spanish and no Catalan, but I have family and friends over there.

Always wanted to move to Barcelona, I live in France so it is not so far, but it scares me in some ways...
Anyway, it was always a pleasure to hit FTC for a fresh deck, dudes are always super friendly.

Have fun !
Possibilities are everywhere, search and enjoy.

Mark Renton

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 288
  • Choose life.
« Reply #121 on: October 02, 2017, 02:59:46 AM »
I'm contemplating going to Barca from 12th to 15th October. Any pals there those days? Keep in mind I'm garbage at the art of the wooden toy but it would be sick to get some skate and beer sessions going.  :)
video tape yourself saving monks. dont just do it. make sure its caught on film.

Mark Renton

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 288
  • Choose life.
« Reply #122 on: October 10, 2017, 09:03:11 AM »
Going there tomorrow night.
Is SkHateyou still the best skatespot map?
What's your favorite spot (best if not a famous one)?
Spots to avoid (tickets/people stealing your stuff)?
Just throw some stuff you think I need to check out  :)
video tape yourself saving monks. dont just do it. make sure its caught on film.

SWPhillyFloater

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Rep: 63
« Reply #123 on: February 25, 2019, 05:05:17 PM »
I know this thread is pretty old, but I'm heading to Barcelona in a couple of weeks and I'll be bringing my board of course. For any Pals that have been there recently, any advice/tips while I'm there? Anything is appreciated.

Budgie Lasek

« Reply #124 on: February 25, 2019, 06:42:15 PM »
I know this thread is pretty old, but I'm heading to Barcelona in a couple of weeks and I'll be bringing my board of course. For any Pals that have been there recently, any advice/tips while I'm there? Anything is appreciated.

WATCH OUT FOR THE LITTLE PROPELLER SEED PODS ON THE GROUND - THEY'RE EVERYWHERE AND WILL TAKE YOU OUT CONSTANTLY UNLESS YOU PAY ATTENTION.

I actually had my trip ruined by going with a friend whom I should have known not to travel with, so I'm hoping I get a re-do someday.

« Last Edit: March 03, 2019, 11:17:46 AM by Budgie Lasek »

cricketclub

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 511
« Reply #125 on: March 06, 2019, 07:26:12 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

WATCH OUT FOR THE LITTLE PROPELLER SEED PODS ON THE GROUND - THEY'RE EVERYWHERE AND WILL TAKE YOU OUT CONSTANTLY UNLESS YOU PAY ATTENTION.

I actually had my trip ruined by going with a friend whom I should have known not to travel with, so I'm hoping I get a re-do someday.

Thanks for the tip. I actually saw a little warning about that on one of the spot descriptions on a Google Skate Spot map. I'm going to be there in about a week and a half.
Handsome debonair fella, Got the Mellow Yellow bezel, Black rims on the Phantom same color Dr. Pepper.

Lloyd Braun

• Rep: 80
« Reply #126 on: March 09, 2019, 06:55:19 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

Thanks for the tip. I actually saw a little warning about that on one of the spot descriptions on a Google Skate Spot map. I'm going to be there in about a week and a half.

Im going to be staying in Barcelona in Mid April for a few days. Could you link me to that Google spot map? Also advice as to what area to stay in? I'd like to be in skating distance to food, coffee, spots etc.

Giza Butler

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 87
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
The '80s were the worst period. You had these horrible pop bands growing their hair and calling themselves metal.

SWPhillyFloater

« Reply #128 on: March 17, 2019, 04:37:12 AM »
Just got back from my Barcelona trip, and it was amazing. I will say though, Budgie is right about the those propeller seed things on the ground, they're everywhere and will catch your board every time. The guys at FTC are very friendly and just moved down the street from the Universitat metro station. They'll point you in the right direction in terms of spots and other things to do in the city. As for food, La Flauta was definitely my favorite spot for food and tapas and the prices are very reasonable. If you wanna explore outside the city for a day, check out Santa Maria de Montserrat if you wanna get some of the best views up from the mountains. It's an hour train ride outside the city with a free cable car transfer up to the monastery.

As for the spots, there is so much to skate within such close proximities. You'll find spots everywhere. MACBA is really cool to check out but don't spend your whole day there as it gets packed and you'll be missing out on other places. I hope this helps for anyone planning on going there. 

Lloyd Braun

« Reply #129 on: March 20, 2019, 06:19:39 AM »
I’ve heard pick pockets are gnarly in Barcelona, anyone had any bad experiences? I’m not worried about my phone/money my pockets have buttons. More wondering about my backpack, if I set it down in eye sight at a spot will it be good or they that quick out there?

SWPhillyFloater

« Reply #130 on: March 20, 2019, 05:54:31 PM »
I’ve heard pick pockets are gnarly in Barcelona, anyone had any bad experiences? I’m not worried about my phone/money my pockets have buttons. More wondering about my backpack, if I set it down in eye sight at a spot will it be good or they that quick out there?

Had no issues at all with pick pocketing when I was there. It's like any big city, you just gotta be aware of your surroundings and not carry too much with you. Therefore, bringing a backpack around might be a little risky especially to spots like MACBA where it always crowded.

Bousiña

• Rep: 1
  • Classical Gas
« Reply #131 on: March 20, 2019, 06:55:14 PM »
I've been living there since september and in my first week I had my phone stolen on a very crowded concert in Parallel, pure bad luck. Besides that, the only thing you have to care about is where do you put your backpack and stuff when you skate spot where there are a lot of people going through it like any other big city. And like tim said I recommend you to don't carry too much with you.
For example, most of the time I skate in Universitat and the locals are always nice, you can leave all your stuff with them while you skate without any problem.
« Last Edit: March 20, 2019, 07:00:19 PM by Bousiña »

Lloyd Braun

« Reply #132 on: March 20, 2019, 08:25:07 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]
I've been living there since september and in my first week I had my phone stolen on a very crowded concert in Parallel, pure bad luck. Besides that, the only thing you have to care about is where do you put your backpack and stuff when you skate spot where there are a lot of people going through it like any other big city. And like tim said I recommend you to don't carry too much with you.
For example, most of the time I skate in Universitat and the locals are always nice, you can leave all your stuff with them while you skate without any problem.

Would you be down to link for a session? I'll be in Barcelona from 4/11-4/15
Expand Quote
[close]

Had no issues at all with pick pocketing when I was there. It's like any big city, you just gotta be aware of your surroundings and not carry too much with you. Therefore, bringing a backpack around might be a little risky especially to spots like MACBA where it always crowded.

I figured, everything Ive read online makes it sound like they will steal the shirt off your back before you even notice. I don't plan on bringing a ton with me, at least nothing valuable, maybe a book to read, sketch book, point and shoot film camera/rolls of film, water, wax etc. I hate skating with my phone in my pocket but I'll just suck it up this trip, need that to navigate. It would be nice to leave the hotel in the morning and not have to go back for things
« Last Edit: March 20, 2019, 08:30:40 PM by Michnich191 »

Glurmpz

« Reply #133 on: March 28, 2019, 02:08:31 PM »
I was always nervous about my stuff - too many people everywhere. We always had one person from the crew chilling, and they were on guard duty. I personally had 3 separate instances of a pick pocket trying to get me, but I was already on edge, so they failed. One guy was pretending to play soccer with an empty can, getting way too close while trying to get me to 'play along' - so I pretended to stumble and elbowed him in the ribs. My elbows are like ice picks. He fucked off after that.

truthislie

• Rep: 54
« Reply #134 on: March 29, 2019, 08:25:29 AM »
Just booked bcn from june 7th until 11th. I ll be with a small crew of around 5 people, everyone in their 30s, everyone has been to bcn before. We will skate some meetup spots but the main plan is to get train tickets and explore/skate the suburbs. If anybody is there, hit me up you´re welcome to join us.

flatspotter

• Rep: 23
« Reply #135 on: April 02, 2019, 05:26:09 PM »
Ill be in Barcelona April 27 - May 3 if anyones trying to skate and drink some brews!

Love Skate mag

• Rep: 9
« Reply #136 on: April 29, 2019, 07:47:15 AM »

I've spent a year in Bcn, and seen a lot through it. Even locals get robbed. I have countless stories of skaters got robbed their bags with cameras. Most of the time it happens in downtown, the very touristic spots. Avoid downtown and you'll be safe.

I got 3 robbing stories for you guys:

1- Some friend going to Bcn for the first time, they've rent a full apartment for their month there (pre Airbnb), just got off the plane, get the house's keys, everybody put their luggages in the rooms. And they are deciding to visiting the city at foot, and may have a drink.
They're are coming back to the house few hours later. luggages are gone, brand new video camera, camera, money all gone.
They couldn't prove it, but the house's owner was probably into that robbing, and played that game many time before them.

2- Some friends were skating that 3 blocks at Macba, filmer and photographer was shooting him, his friends was cheering him up to land that tricks, locals and tourists was around watching it.
One more try on the block, and he twisted his ankle on it, big bummer, it was his first week there, he will be off the rest of trip.
Then he sit to get some rest, and realized that he got his bag pack stolen while he was skating, with his VX1000 in it. And nobody seen anything.

3- That one happened to myself. I was waiting for a friend at Parallel spot, we were supposed to shoot a pic at a spot, and he was late. I was sitting on the bench who are straight front of the many pad, by myself. My huge Camera bag was between my legs with contact. I was on my iPod playing cards. Javier Sarmiento and Erik J Petterson was playing a poser game on that manual pad front of me. and at least 10 skaters was around.
Then, someone tap on my shoulder behind me, I'm turning my head to him. he started to speak Spanish to me, nicely answered that I don't speak it, then speaking English, and was insisting to speak with me. It was  no more than a 10sec conversation, when I turned back my head, my camera bag was gone. I've felt absolutely nothing at all.
Never seen anyone running with my heavy and big bag, nobody seen anything either.
The "shoulder taper" was running is ass off, and was already too far to get him.
My friend came at this right moment, and we've tried to found them, and it never happened.

watch out kids!

moonordie

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 35
  • ɹǝʌǝɹoɟ lloᴚ
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #137 on: May 07, 2019, 01:38:06 AM »
anywhere tbh. Usually you'll go to an X spot you wanted to try and on your way you'll find 7 that nobody knew existed and you'll get stuck there not skating what you originally intended  ;D
Expand Quote
forgive me if i somehow missed it, but could someone help me with just how flat the flat as fuck decks really are?
[close]

As Fuck.

VHS ERA

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 210
« Reply #138 on: May 07, 2019, 06:54:20 PM »
I’m going in November first time. Where are all the mellow bank spots and bank to ledges at? Who got the spots for me??

moonordie

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 35
  • ɹǝʌǝɹoɟ lloᴚ
« Reply #139 on: May 08, 2019, 12:31:28 AM »
I’m going in November first time. Where are all the mellow bank spots and bank to ledges at? Who got the spots for me??
You can find the classic ones even on google maps, some body made a list for it
Expand Quote
forgive me if i somehow missed it, but could someone help me with just how flat the flat as fuck decks really are?
[close]

As Fuck.

Giza Butler

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #140 on: May 14, 2019, 05:52:42 AM »

I do, hit me up.

The '80s were the worst period. You had these horrible pop bands growing their hair and calling themselves metal.

fakie nollie

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1045
« Reply #141 on: May 15, 2019, 06:58:57 AM »
Shit, I just got back from Barc last week and was there in Feb. Wish I knew about this thread before.

yungtaco

• Rep: 10
« Reply #142 on: July 13, 2019, 12:01:41 PM »
I just came back from a month in barcelona, skated almost every classic spot and found a bunch of sick random ones on the way. It takes a little bit of time but all I did was make a custom google maps (then it works offline) by manually pinning in the spots from websites like these:

https://bcnspots.com
https://barcelonaskatespots.wordpress.com
http://www.skhateyou.com/spots/

Once you get a bunch of pins in the maps you will be surprised how close together some of these spots are, you can easily skate 10 good spots a day if you plan things out. I also found a few spots that were not on those lists by screenshotting clips and googling business signs, it's pretty easy with HD clips.
« Last Edit: July 13, 2019, 12:05:33 PM by yungtaco »

alraunen

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 240
    • www.davidcampillo.net avatar image
« Reply #143 on: July 15, 2019, 02:41:22 PM »
There's a new marble skateplaza just in front of estació de França.

https://www.instagram.com/p/Bz8jCpDIY7M/?igshid=orw18cbs7v3m

I will check next week but looks great

Giza Butler

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #144 on: July 16, 2019, 02:14:19 AM »
It's great. I've skated there the other week.

Simple and useful concept, 3 ledges, 2 small banks and a legde/flatbar.

All granit including the flat. That's all you need.

somethingmustbreaknow

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 477
« Reply #145 on: July 16, 2019, 03:14:05 AM »
this should be posted here i think
http://www.instagram.com/p/BxcIPB1itQL/

RandyLeahy

• Rep: 8
« Reply #146 on: July 31, 2019, 04:22:14 AM »
Anybody have experience joining the cannabis clubs there? Looking to join one in particular called La Kalada but I must get a referral from an existing member first. Arriving there this Friday.

slobplant

• Rep: -12
« Reply #147 on: July 31, 2019, 05:49:22 AM »
Anybody have experience joining the cannabis clubs there? Looking to join one in particular called La Kalada but I must get a referral from an existing member first. Arriving there this Friday.

Yeah they are pretty sick. I went to one called Christiania and it was super chill. When you're walking around the gothic district every 4th random person will be like "come to my cannabis club!" We followed this guy through a zig zag of cutty alleys before we got there. The bud was all pretty good, they have some imported from Cali that they were selling grams of for 60 euro. Most of the other stuff was like 12-15 euro.

Giza Butler

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #148 on: August 01, 2019, 07:08:21 AM »

As slobplant said, it's possible to join various just by walking down the Ramblas.

For specifically La Kalada you might try to message them on insta (like a man) but if they told you the referral you will need a local.

I'm not member there as it's too far away from my house.

If you're in desperate need, hit me up. I'll refer you to my local.

RandyLeahy

• Rep: 8
« Reply #149 on: August 06, 2019, 04:38:57 AM »
Thanks for the suggestions Slobplant and Giza. Ya I hit them up on insta before going but no reply as expected. Joined Dr Dou near Macba instead, quality product there and you can set up an appointment through email. No shortage of dudes on La Rambla coaxing tourists in either. First time in Barca, can't wait to go back.