Author Topic: Post the shoes you're wearing.  (Read 2954999 times)

clintendo

• Rep: -2
  • of sponnoz
Re: Post the shoes you're wearing.
« Reply #28470 on: August 01, 2018, 04:18:11 AM »
Thanks guys! Means a lot. Stoked it got you hyped planman.

Yeah the clip is repetitive no doubt. It's not meant to be a video part, it's really just a tape for which I just threw all my recent shit in States on the timeline, I didn't put any thought into trying to build anything coherent. A lot of those clips are just me skating naturally not even thinking about filming, some of them are first try on the fly in between other people's takes. It was filmed with different folks for different projects too, so in order to content them all individually I repeated my strongest go to's as we always only had short windows of time to film. But as a result my favorite classic tricks I actually do on the daily, nollie flips, ledge stuff etc. barely ever get filmed. I don't even have a filmer where I live, so I really only get to film whilst on trips and sometimes that's tricky working your way around other people who sometimes are actually paid to skate.

Your crazy-ass style is entertaining, would definitely watch what you put out!

Makes a lot more sense now you say it, either-way dude the skateboarding is what counts and it was fun to watch so just keep doing it!

micky682

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -32
« Reply #28471 on: August 01, 2018, 04:24:16 PM »
Any shoes with similar flick to the Vans Crockett 2s?
Keenan had that special ability to make his switch tricks better than his regular tricks but still let you know they were switch.

Gay Imp Sausage Metal

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -388
  • We're just 2 lo(b)s(t)ers sitting behind a screen
« Reply #28472 on: August 01, 2018, 05:45:24 PM »
State Madisons are great, my canvas pair has held up so fucking well. Honestly though I wish it was a bit chunkier around the collar ala Rowley's first shoe. Anyway, they are basically a bulletproof vans era with a better insole and tonnes of grip. Will be interested to see how much life you get out of them

I already skated one pair a while back (the first ever States I got, actually) and it lasted me four months, marking the first time a skate shoe would last me this long since the bulky shoes era. I actually filmed a whole sponsor me tape for State just in that one pair, and eventually started getting more shoes. I'm super hyped on them, they are super practical and have a classic skate shoe look.

Here's my clip in case you're interested in seeing the same pair of shoe degrade over time. They're completely thrashed at the end. The video is set to private and some of the footage has yet to come out but fuck it, it's the fucking shoe thread.

fuck man, always a treat to see your footy. you're honestly hyping me to skate faster/ not be a possey in my old age. Great shit and you make them states look really good!!!

"This is untrue, my client has not been attacked in every country" #yearoftheeagle

silhouette

• Rep: 169
« Reply #28473 on: August 02, 2018, 09:14:55 AM »
thanks for the kind words guys. I'm a huge poosey actually. I actively try to cover that up but deep inside I know that every time I put that foot down I'm losing crumbs of credibility.

Nth syd bear

• Rep: -11
« Reply #28474 on: August 05, 2018, 07:47:44 AM »
State Madisons are great, my canvas pair has held up so fucking well. Honestly though I wish it was a bit chunkier around the collar ala Rowley's first shoe. Anyway, they are basically a bulletproof vans era with a better insole and tonnes of grip. Will be interested to see how much life you get out of them

I already skated one pair a while back (the first ever States I got, actually) and it lasted me four months, marking the first time a skate shoe would last me this long since the bulky shoes era. I actually filmed a whole sponsor me tape for State just in that one pair, and eventually started getting more shoes. I'm super hyped on them, they are super practical and have a classic skate shoe look.

Here's my clip in case you're interested in seeing the same pair of shoe degrade over time. They're completely thrashed at the end. The video is set to private and some of the footage has yet to come out but fuck it, it's the fucking shoe thread.

fuck man, always a treat to see your footy. you're honestly hyping me to skate faster/ not be a possey in my old age. Great shit and you make them states look really good!!!

Man who’s this silhouette..?.? Your really a bit of shredder aye..
What’s that trick you do of your nose nollie impossible...?.?
 Surprised at some of those tricks didn’t know what was going on

silhouette

« Reply #28475 on: August 05, 2018, 02:44:21 PM »
Thanks man. Yeah nollie impossible over the front foot, learned that one maybe six years prior to learning them regular, and nollie flips, because I make no sense. But I do like surprising and confusing shit. Stoked you were into it.

Budgie Lasek

• Rep: -26
« Reply #28476 on: August 05, 2018, 05:16:13 PM »
https://www.google.ca/search?q=nike+sb+check+green&source=lnms&tbm=isch&sa=X&ved=0ahUKEwj2jfCXkdfcAhURCTQIHSUfB5UQ_AUICigB&biw=1340&bih=776#imgdii=TuspBsmTG8m0tM:&imgrc=6By7KLHkkcxyHM:

^Not sure if that works...

As someone who is quite anti-Nike or any sports brands being in skateboarding, it was really hard for me to pay hard earned cash for a pair of Nikes, but they were on for $40 at Winners so I decided I'd give em' a try to see if there was any meat to the 'superior quality' argument. Probably gonna rip the swoosh off. Will report back...

Nth syd bear

• Rep: -11
« Reply #28477 on: August 05, 2018, 06:53:19 PM »
Thanks man. Yeah nollie impossible over the front foot, learned that one maybe six years prior to learning them regular, and nollie flips, because I make no sense. But I do like surprising and confusing shit. Stoked you were into it.
Yeah man.. thanks for posting that.. keep it up

Makaveli

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -580
« Reply #28478 on: August 06, 2018, 11:51:40 PM »

Man who’s this silhouette..?.? Your really a bit of shredder aye..
What’s that trick you do of your nose nollie impossible...?.?
 Surprised at some of those tricks didn’t know what was going on

I thought Amyeric Nocus was a French legend, no?

silhouette

« Reply #28479 on: August 07, 2018, 04:48:09 PM »
No, he's really just some doofus who posts on SLAP...

Bubblegum Tate

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -1072
  • Slap's Resident Sneakerhead
« Reply #28480 on: August 07, 2018, 09:29:43 PM »
Etnies sent me the Joslin pro shoe and he signed the box.

The shoe seems pretty durable from holding them and trying them on. But pretty stiff, definitely needs to be broken in.

Ethan Bubblegum Tate - Captain of the Harlem Globetrotters, lecturer of Physics at Globetrotter University.
Tate is one of the best posters that's not me

the snake

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 335
« Reply #28481 on: August 07, 2018, 10:37:09 PM »
Lakai Griffin, couldn't stand the baby blue so I painted the flare in black

Lowkey_imaghost

• Rep: 0
« Reply #28482 on: August 08, 2018, 04:01:20 AM »
I wish I could complain, but I dig them

Makaveli

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -580
« Reply #28483 on: August 11, 2018, 12:21:44 PM »
Lakai Griffin, couldn't stand the baby blue so I painted the flare in black

Sounds like a serious improvement

fulfillthedream

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -38
« Reply #28484 on: August 13, 2018, 11:37:29 AM »
Currently on my fifth pair of NB#

First were the 522 v1 and the logans. Both were awesome but i preferred the 533 more, the logans were good too but not as great. Im on my second pair of 533 now and have another one of the v2s and i just got the allstons yesterday on sale for $30

Skateboarding is like jacking-off, it's that good- Jeremy Klein

[