Author Topic: Post UPCOMING/RECENT shoe releases thread  (Read 8686239 times)

era

Re: Post UPCOMING shoe releases thread
« Reply #12570 on: July 31, 2013, 10:55:24 PM »
That was fast as fuck in getting a pro shoe. The wonder all those other guys left.

The reason why he went to Ipath in the first place was probably the guarantee of an instant pro shoe.  People need to get that shoe money.

Pavementi

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -146
  • Fuck it
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #12571 on: July 31, 2013, 10:55:53 PM »
New Ipath Shuriken shoe

It's the original Supra EE
Like Daewon said: if skateboarding is a ten story building, Rodney is on eleventh floor.

Theeogbiing

• Rep: -2
  • Taught Bieber how to skate.
« Reply #12572 on: July 31, 2013, 11:24:45 PM »
New Ipath Shuriken shoe

That's not Manny's shoe, no instant pro model yet.
You ever suck 7 dicks at once? No? Me either then....

Front Crooks

« Reply #12573 on: August 01, 2013, 02:36:32 AM »
The "Chris Cole Pro" shoe was DC's latest best shoe in my opinion, and of course it looks like DC discontinued it.  I liked them better than the Chris Cole Lites.  All of these other shoes look like shit, but Nyjahs shoe looks decent.  DC's just look cheap to me (design and quality), when I was at the Irvine spectrum DC store, I noticed some of the display shoes have excess glue too which just takes away from buying them.  When comparing the quality of an $80 MikeMo shoe to the quality of a $85 Nike Koston shoe, I'll definitely go with Nike.
« Last Edit: August 01, 2013, 02:43:06 AM by Front Crooks »

Nigga

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 5
  • PHILA
« Reply #12574 on: August 01, 2013, 04:37:36 AM »
Expand Quote
That was fast as fuck in getting a pro shoe. The wonder all those other guys left.
[close]

The reason why he went to Ipath in the first place was probably the guarantee of an instant pro shoe.  People need to get that shoe money.

It's Shuriken's shoe, as I stated above. Manny just posted it on his facebook, so he put that dumbass MSA watermark on it for whatever reason

cookieboy

• Rep: 10
« Reply #12575 on: August 01, 2013, 09:40:31 AM »
The "Chris Cole Pro" shoe was DC's latest best shoe in my opinion, and of course it looks like DC discontinued it.  I liked them better than the Chris Cole Lites.  All of these other shoes look like shit, but Nyjahs shoe looks decent.  DC's just look cheap to me (design and quality), when I was at the Irvine spectrum DC store, I noticed some of the display shoes have excess glue too which just takes away from buying them.  When comparing the quality of an $80 MikeMo shoe to the quality of a $85 Nike Koston shoe, I'll definitely go with Nike.

If this is true, I'm bummed on it. But I have two pairs still that I haven't touched and another two new pairs that a re a little two big. But know I'm skating the Pico xlk and prefer them over the coles.

Nigga

• SLAP Pal
  • PHILA
« Reply #12576 on: August 01, 2013, 09:57:13 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

If this is true, I'm bummed on it. But I have two pairs still that I haven't touched and another two new pairs that a re a little two big. But know I'm skating the Pico xlk and prefer them over the coles.

how are they? I'm skating the Lindens right now, and I love them. The XLK sole is the truth.

Spitfire4life

• Rep: -20
« Reply #12577 on: August 01, 2013, 10:39:09 AM »
I was at that store a few weeks ago, and those were just the display shoes. I got the Kails' there and they're amazing quality. The guy there was super nice too, he ended up giving me the employee discount because I couldn't afford the $80 shoes. 
If you take medical advice from this puddle of retards you are going to die.

nino brown

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -1416
  • only nerds kook people
« Reply #12578 on: August 01, 2013, 11:24:58 AM »
why does manny put MSA on fucking everything. this fool be on youtube talkin bout buy my MSA wallet... what fucking person would want that? too hype on himself

Bubblegum Tate

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -1042
  • Slap's Resident Sneakerhead
    Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
    Gold Topic Start Gold Topic Start : Start a topic with over 10,000 replies.
« Reply #12579 on: August 01, 2013, 11:37:20 AM »
Ethan Bubblegum Tate - Captain of the Harlem Globetrotters, lecturer of Physics at Globetrotter University.
Tate is one of the best posters that's not me

cookieboy

« Reply #12580 on: August 01, 2013, 02:44:49 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

how are they? I'm skating the Lindens right now, and I love them. The XLK sole is the truth.

They are amazing man! A must buy if you'd ask me. From what people said they have a little more padding than the Lindens. But I absolutely love them man.

chillout

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 9
  • beer
« Reply #12581 on: August 01, 2013, 07:59:29 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
The "Chris Cole Pro" shoe was DC's latest best shoe in my opinion, and of course it looks like DC discontinued it. ? I liked them better than the Chris Cole Lites. ? All of these other shoes look like shit, but Nyjahs shoe looks decent. ? DC's just look cheap to me (design and quality), when I was at the Irvine spectrum DC store, I noticed some of the display shoes have excess glue too which just takes away from buying them. ? When comparing the quality of an $80 MikeMo shoe to the quality of a $85 Nike Koston shoe, I'll definitely go with Nike.
[close]

[close]

[close]

They are amazing man! A must buy if you'd ask me. From what people said they have a little more padding than the Lindens. But I absolutely love them man.

pico xlks are the best shoe out right now!

Omamori

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -128
« Reply #12582 on: August 02, 2013, 03:58:04 AM »
Huf Rieder shoe? They look like a cupsole. Hopefully they are...

Kinch

« Reply #12583 on: August 02, 2013, 04:24:32 AM »

When I was working in a skate shop we had tons of Kostons showing excess glue and even on occasion some sloppy stitching. I've not seen this on any of the new DC pro models as yet, although admittedly I haven't had the chance to inspect a lot of them.

Also the Koston 1 at least (I don't know about the Koston 2) was definitely not without it's problems. The plastic heel support wore through the shoe's lining so fast on mine and made the shoe so uncomfortable it was almost unskateable. This happened to pretty well everyone else I knew that had them as well. Also they had one of the slipperiest soles I've ever skated. I'd take the DC Kalis shoe (not tried the MikeMo yet) over the Koston 1 every time.

EnjoiSanJose

« Reply #12584 on: August 02, 2013, 04:34:03 AM »

aren't those just leather sutters?

Stoeipoes

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 53
« Reply #12585 on: August 02, 2013, 04:34:34 AM »

That shoe cannot be comfortable to skate in.
Bitches call me pussy, the horse filler.

poopmonkey

• Rep: 20
« Reply #12586 on: August 02, 2013, 05:09:00 AM »
why not?

noileum

• Rep: 29
« Reply #12587 on: August 02, 2013, 06:28:13 AM »
1 less lace hole than the sutters, but to be honest they look like they would be great work shoes (I wouldn't fancy skating them)

Stoeipoes

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 53
« Reply #12588 on: August 02, 2013, 07:13:12 AM »
why not?

No cushioning around the ankles, tongue and heels
Bitches call me pussy, the horse filler.

Nigga

• SLAP Pal
  • PHILA
« Reply #12589 on: August 02, 2013, 07:22:32 AM »
1 less lace hole than the sutters, but to be honest they look like they would be great work shoes (I wouldn't fancy skating them)

no, they're the sutters. The sutters have 4 lace holes, as does this shoe. They're coming out in leather, suede, and waxed canvas. They remind me of a pair of Gravis, which were some of the only vulc shoes I enjoyed skating. I don't know how anyone skates in leather shoes, but the black suede ones look promising.

Made In China

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 646
« Reply #12590 on: August 02, 2013, 10:30:38 AM »
I'm feeling the classy look of those Hufs. Pretty good replacement for Gravis

sammyseeds

• Rep: 3
  • eat, spit, be happy.
« Reply #12591 on: August 02, 2013, 10:57:14 AM »
yep those are sutters. I grabbed the iron/navy pair and so far they feel pretty great just cruising around on them

Bubblegum Tate

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -1042
  • Slap's Resident Sneakerhead
    Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
    Gold Topic Start Gold Topic Start : Start a topic with over 10,000 replies.
« Reply #12592 on: August 02, 2013, 11:11:14 AM »
Ethan Bubblegum Tate - Captain of the Harlem Globetrotters, lecturer of Physics at Globetrotter University.
Tate is one of the best posters that's not me

Particleboard Penguin

« Reply #12593 on: August 03, 2013, 11:56:58 AM »
Kenny Anderson you are way too good for CCS.

Chris

• Rep: -15
  • bouncin' checks
« Reply #12594 on: August 03, 2013, 01:25:10 PM »
Kenny's shoes are sick though.

gsosa

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 290
« Reply #12595 on: August 03, 2013, 02:41:57 PM »
I feel like Kenny's shoe is like a Converse Koston 1

ZEBRA

« Reply #12596 on: August 03, 2013, 10:29:05 PM »

I 2nd that feel. But more plain.

art hellman

• Trade Count: (+21)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1168
« Reply #12597 on: August 04, 2013, 11:14:45 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

I 2nd that feel. But more plain.

...but that full tongue liner looks cozy. 
hardly art, hardly starving

the canadian suit

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 145
  • Always lurking.
« Reply #12598 on: August 04, 2013, 01:30:30 PM »
eyyy I mean, how does Kenny always be looking so good?
p-shuvs and v-flips

Firebert

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 230
    • Instagram avatar image
« Reply #12599 on: August 04, 2013, 05:25:16 PM »
they're sutters with metal eyelets and no toe bumper

maybe a cupsole version for next season