Author Topic: Post UPCOMING/RECENT shoe releases thread  (Read 8691178 times)

Space Monkey (+ 1 Hidden) and 2 Guests are viewing this topic.

Nigga

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 5
  • PHILA
Re: Post UPCOMING shoe releases thread
« Reply #12630 on: August 07, 2013, 05:26:23 AM »
i love how the AUSTYN is called DOVER now, but DOES IT BEND.
get it ?

nah just kidding guys, sorry.

it's not, it's a totally different shoe. But they are releasing the Austyn 2 cupsole later, with a new name obviously

Morty Seinfeld

« Reply #12631 on: August 07, 2013, 07:06:39 AM »
Expand Quote
Huf still makes the 1984's right?  I haven't skated mine yet but I really liek them
[close]

I think they're replacing them with the new Arena shoe, which look just as good in my opinion. Hopefully they skate as well as the 1984's did.

Those look so, so good. Anyone know if they fit true to size? I'm a 10 in all Vans and Adidas if that helps.

commander jameson

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 72
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #12632 on: August 07, 2013, 07:20:16 AM »
Expand Quote
Huf still makes the 1984's right?  I haven't skated mine yet but I really liek them
[close]

I think they're replacing them with the new Arena shoe, which look just as good in my opinion. Hopefully they skate as well as the 1984's did.

Those remind me of this shoe by Etnies
« Last Edit: August 07, 2013, 11:18:49 AM by Bubblegum Tate »

Nigga

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 5
  • PHILA
« Reply #12633 on: August 07, 2013, 08:33:29 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Huf still makes the 1984's right?  I haven't skated mine yet but I really liek them
[close]

[close]

Those look so, so good. Anyone know if they fit true to size? I'm a 10 in all Vans and Adidas if that helps.

in my experience, I've had to go a half size down for Huf. I wear a 10 as well, so 9.5 for Huf.
« Last Edit: August 07, 2013, 11:18:33 AM by Bubblegum Tate »

swagdragon123

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -105
  • I take my internet usernames xtremly serious
    • HOBOHOGAN avatar image
« Reply #12634 on: August 07, 2013, 08:43:40 AM »
The Huf 'Reese' shoe actually made me seek out another pair of the Quiksilver Reese shoe. I loved mine.

Damn, and those HR1's, the hiking shoe looking model, is $120 on Huf's site. Fuck that noise. That's absurd.
I don't give a shit either way but $120 for a pair of boots is expected.

Stoop Kid 2.0

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -312
  • I still fucking hate hipsters.
« Reply #12635 on: August 07, 2013, 09:28:19 AM »
The Huf x Thrasher Arena shoe is tight as well as the new colorways of the Ramondetta and Galaxy shoe. Ill upload some pics later today or tonight. But be warned they will be taken with my phone.

heritage

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 98
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
    Silver Topic Start Silver Topic Start : Start a topic with over 5,000 replies.
« Reply #12636 on: August 07, 2013, 11:08:37 AM »
Love that new Habitat line, the Portner collab is really nice.

The Garcia is a strange fit for me. I've bought it in the past in support of Danny, but it didn't seem all the comfortable to skate in. It's very minimal in fit and design. It actually sits on my foot more like a slipper or house shoe.

Expand Quote
Damn, and those HR1's, the hiking shoe looking model, is $120 on Huf's site. Fuck that noise. That's absurd.
[close]

If they were actual boots, I could understand. They're glorified trail sneakers. If I'm in the market for actual boots, I can think of much better ways to spend $120.

Morty Seinfeld

« Reply #12637 on: August 07, 2013, 12:39:28 PM »

The Garcia is a strange fit for me. I've bought it in the past in support of Danny, but it didn't seem all the comfortable to skate in. It's very minimal in fit and design. It actually sits on my foot more like a slipper or house shoe.

Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]
[close]

If they were actual boots, I could understand. They're glorified trail sneakers. If I'm in the market for actual boots, I can think of much better ways to spend $120.

Do the Garcias run true to size?

heritage

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 98
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
    Silver Topic Start Silver Topic Start : Start a topic with over 5,000 replies.
« Reply #12638 on: August 07, 2013, 01:11:19 PM »
Expand Quote

Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]
[close]

[close]

Morty - they definitely do fit true to size. I wear a 10 and the Garcia fit in length and width perfectly. I know that sounds strange given that I just said the shoe fit me odd, but I went and put them on again after I made that post, and exactly what is odd (for me) is this... It's only a 3 eyelet lacing shoe, thus the tongue isn't quite as long as some other shoes. It just feels like there isn't much there on my foot. I wear mids 90% of the time so any low cut shoe - especially one that minimal - is going to feel different for me.

sweat stains

• Rep: 33
  • slap sux
    • Shady Griptape avatar image
« Reply #12639 on: August 07, 2013, 11:15:01 PM »
Anyone skated Deklines? how do they fit compared to a G6 or Lakai shoe? Thanks
damn those yarys bout those squats

Bubblegum Tate

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -1042
  • Slap's Resident Sneakerhead
    Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
    Gold Topic Start Gold Topic Start : Start a topic with over 10,000 replies.
« Reply #12640 on: August 07, 2013, 11:42:56 PM »
Ethan Bubblegum Tate - Captain of the Harlem Globetrotters, lecturer of Physics at Globetrotter University.
Tate is one of the best posters that's not me

Morty Seinfeld

« Reply #12641 on: August 08, 2013, 07:03:33 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]
[close]

[close]

[close]

Morty - they definitely do fit true to size. I wear a 10 and the Garcia fit in length and width perfectly. I know that sounds strange given that I just said the shoe fit me odd, but I went and put them on again after I made that post, and exactly what is odd (for me) is this... It's only a 3 eyelet lacing shoe, thus the tongue isn't quite as long as some other shoes. It just feels like there isn't much there on my foot. I wear mids 90% of the time so any low cut shoe - especially one that minimal - is going to feel different for me.

Cool, thanks for the info. I like the really minimal low cut shoes so thats perfect for me.

DISTANT RUMOURS

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 398
« Reply #12642 on: August 08, 2013, 08:30:48 AM »
Return of the air bubble...

RoedGroed

• Rep: 60
« Reply #12643 on: August 08, 2013, 10:07:49 AM »
« Last Edit: August 08, 2013, 11:56:01 PM by Bubblegum Tate »

GY

« Reply #12644 on: August 08, 2013, 02:30:59 PM »

Nike Roshe?

Theeogbiing

• Rep: -2
  • Taught Bieber how to skate.
« Reply #12645 on: August 08, 2013, 03:55:42 PM »

Nike Roshe?

Whatever they are, ill take 2 please.
« Last Edit: August 08, 2013, 11:56:22 PM by Bubblegum Tate »
You ever suck 7 dicks at once? No? Me either then....

gaunting

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 186
« Reply #12646 on: August 08, 2013, 05:31:42 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]
[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]

Cool, thanks for the info. I like the really minimal low cut shoes so thats perfect for me.

The habitat garcia's are some of the best shoes I've ever had.
This has me cracking up, what exactly does Black Flag have to do with measuring your dick starting behind ya nuts?

Skateboarding is nothing but a game to find the right fits to appear like you're a proportional human being instead of a midget or a giant.

noileum

• Rep: 29
« Reply #12647 on: August 08, 2013, 11:16:18 PM »
Expand Quote

Nike Roshe?
[close]

i really wish they would be full on mesh, not with the material on the inside.  I need a shoe which I can get wet and then will dry out fast/not squelch/remain comfortable that doesn't look like a retards shoe
« Last Edit: August 08, 2013, 11:56:32 PM by Bubblegum Tate »

Bubblegum Tate

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #12648 on: August 08, 2013, 11:55:42 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

Nike Roshe?
[close]

[close]

i really wish they would be full on mesh, not with the material on the inside.  I need a shoe which I can get wet and then will dry out fast/not squelch/remain comfortable that doesn't look like a retards shoe

"The Scout" model.
Ethan Bubblegum Tate - Captain of the Harlem Globetrotters, lecturer of Physics at Globetrotter University.

Stoop Kid 2.0

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -312
  • I still fucking hate hipsters.
« Reply #12649 on: August 09, 2013, 08:06:30 AM »

MOE SYZLAK

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 819
  • "I never got to taste cantaloupe"
    • Cassette Skate Shop avatar image
« Reply #12650 on: August 09, 2013, 06:26:31 PM »
Any Info/ photos of the Tim Tim Dekline mids coming out ?

fulfillthedream

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 312
« Reply #12651 on: August 09, 2013, 10:19:30 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

so many people who didn't skate rocked those around 99-03 from what i remember.
Skateboarding is like jacking-off, it's that good- Jeremy Klein

[

swagdragon123

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -105
  • I take my internet usernames xtremly serious
    • HOBOHOGAN avatar image
« Reply #12652 on: August 09, 2013, 10:30:36 PM »

WOW finally something groundbreaking from a core company. Holy shit! :o SLAP is going to be buzzing for months over these

Bubblegum Tate

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #12653 on: August 10, 2013, 09:39:43 PM »

dbvx

• Rep: -4
« Reply #12654 on: August 10, 2013, 10:25:05 PM »

Nike Roshe?

Super light, comfortable, and lots Of ventilation. One of those shoes you wear after skating all day.

skate361

« Reply #12655 on: August 10, 2013, 10:42:47 PM »
These HUF black sutters sold out in my size http://store.hufworldwide.com/collections/footwear/products/sutter-black
does anyone know of other places that has them?

Will Easley

« Reply #12656 on: August 10, 2013, 10:54:22 PM »
http://www.rippedlaces.com/2013/07/agenda-sneak-peek-dc-spring-14-part-1/

saw cole at this park last night wearing these and i asked him about & dude gave me the full sales pitch lol. He said its pretty much all one big piece of suede with no seams. that rubber-ish piece and everything else sitting on top if it is fused on there, with rubber under all the wear-heavy areas "like all the old skate shoes". Plus he said theres a FULL sockliner on the inside. like its not just big straps on the side of the tongue like most shoes, but the tongue itself is part of the sockliner that goes all the way up to the toes. Said its gonna be a while til they come out tho but i guess thats as expected

Particleboard Penguin

• Rep: 10
« Reply #12657 on: August 11, 2013, 09:50:51 AM »
Yeah, they're not the most aesthetically pleasing shoes, but they seem pretty functional... The rubber area in the forefront of the shoe is around where I usually get ollie holes.  Most shoes seem to focus reinforcement towards the tip of the toe which mainly protects against wear from flicking kickflip tricks, but then have a weak "side of the toe area" (not sure how to describe it, but the part of the shoe which is covered with rubber on those DC's)

Carlo Lemmings

• Rep: -130
« Reply #12658 on: August 11, 2013, 10:49:59 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

Imagine if Etnies was still that good.

ZEBRA

« Reply #12659 on: August 11, 2013, 05:12:28 PM »

saw cole at this park last night wearing these and i asked him about & dude gave me the full sales pitch lol. He said its pretty much all one big piece of suede with no seams. that rubber-ish piece and everything else sitting on top if it is fused on there, with rubber under all the wear-heavy areas "like all the old skate shoes". Plus he said theres a FULL sockliner on the inside. like its not just big straps on the side of the tongue like most shoes, but the tongue itself is part of the sockliner that goes all the way up to the toes. Said its gonna be a while til they come out tho but i guess thats as expected

That red colorway isn't bad. I would get a pair. This is gonna be one of those shoes that only look good with certain colorways. How about white with gum sole??
« Last Edit: August 11, 2013, 09:34:50 PM by Bubblegum Tate »