Author Topic: Post UPCOMING/RECENT shoe releases thread  (Read 8686912 times)

freidnly guy (+ 1 Hidden) and 4 Guests are viewing this topic.

thespacewolf

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Rep: 12
Re: Post UPCOMING/RECENT shoe releases thread
« Reply #30750 on: July 01, 2018, 10:17:41 AM »

Berky

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: -19
« Reply #30751 on: July 01, 2018, 11:22:31 AM »
Expand Quote

[close]
Image file is broken
Can someone upload the image again?

DCLOVE

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -483
« Reply #30752 on: July 01, 2018, 11:52:27 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
How's that boost gonna hold up against grip tape?
[close]
I don't think they put it in wear areas do they? I have the Buzenitz Boost chillers but I can't wear them anymore because they became too unstable for my flat feet and old knees.
[close]

The boost is only in the heel and is exposed so far in the back that I dont think you would wear it down (only if you have a mad awkward flick).
I also understand your feeling about the busenitz boost. That pureboost tooling was always too narrow and wobbly for my taste, I havent worn mine in ages.

Damn I missed the pic before it got taken down who got another! Also I love the busenitz boosts. I have  3 pairs . I hope they keep making em . Bummed I can’t find that blue prime knit color way. They’re so cheap now too I should probably pick up another pair.
PINE 2009, 2010, 2011, 2020, PINE STILL MAKIN' MONEY.

SodaJerk

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1085
  • Butterscotch yo!
« Reply #30753 on: July 01, 2018, 01:16:52 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]
I don't think they put it in wear areas do they? I have the Buzenitz Boost chillers but I can't wear them anymore because they became too unstable for my flat feet and old knees.
[close]

The boost is only in the heel and is exposed so far in the back that I dont think you would wear it down (only if you have a mad awkward flick).
I also understand your feeling about the busenitz boost. That pureboost tooling was always too narrow and wobbly for my taste, I havent worn mine in ages.
Yeah my feet pronate and once the "bounce" effect wore of they started to hurt my knees. If they could make them more stable around the edges but still have that cushioning feel they'd be great.

Bubblegum Tate

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -1042
  • Slap's Resident Sneakerhead
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
    Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
    Gold Topic Start Gold Topic Start : Start a topic with over 10,000 replies.
« Reply #30754 on: July 02, 2018, 12:08:06 PM »
Ethan Bubblegum Tate - Captain of the Harlem Globetrotters, lecturer of Physics at Globetrotter University.
Tate is one of the best posters that's not me

GAY

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 3317
  • Those that SLAP, can't.
« Reply #30755 on: July 02, 2018, 02:26:21 PM »
I love The Reason because it made a bunch of skater kids look like they're wearing high heels.

Seadramon

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 230

Bubblegum Tate

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #30757 on: July 02, 2018, 04:49:58 PM »
Ethan Bubblegum Tate - Captain of the Harlem Globetrotters, lecturer of Physics at Globetrotter University.

Atiba Applebum

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 264
« Reply #30758 on: July 02, 2018, 09:38:00 PM »
I love The Reason because it made a bunch of skater kids look like they're wearing high heels.

Espadrilles

straight

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 982
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #30759 on: July 02, 2018, 11:33:03 PM »
Expand Quote

[close]

oh shitttttt

i hate looking down at white shoes but i like these
What kind of mikey taylor logic is this?

BMCsteve

• Rep: 54
« Reply #30760 on: July 03, 2018, 09:02:16 AM »
Can anyone recommend a cupsole that has internal or hidden laces?  I'm currently skating my 3rd pair of the Wes 1's and I think my knees just can't handle vulcs any more

I need the hidden laces cause I will blow out a pair every other session from shitty ollie/heel flip form

Shuh

• Rep: 2
« Reply #30761 on: July 03, 2018, 09:16:23 AM »
Can anyone recommend a cupsole that has internal or hidden laces?  I'm currently skating my 3rd pair of the Wes 1's and I think my knees just can't handle vulcs any more

I need the hidden laces cause I will blow out a pair every other session from shitty ollie/heel flip form

Dc Kalis lite,DC lynx OG, DC Legacy OG..

pointandclick

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 245
« Reply #30762 on: July 03, 2018, 09:25:59 AM »

for actual hidden laces, i think the new balance pj 533 is one of the only ones these days.

brucewillis

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 32
  • Die Hard. www.casualskateshop.com.br
« Reply #30763 on: July 03, 2018, 11:04:39 AM »

Damn that's an ugly shoe. But congrats to Joslin anyway

oyolar

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 381
« Reply #30764 on: July 03, 2018, 11:58:38 AM »

The Proper Rook has lace protectors for half of the holes and the half without are recessed to cut down on wear.

switch209

• Rep: -14
« Reply #30765 on: July 03, 2018, 05:25:38 PM »

The Etnies Marana OG has hidden lace loops, its a very durable shoe as well so you'd be good skating them for a while too

Jud Nestorkins

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -60
  • Only YOU can prevent corporate espionage.
« Reply #30766 on: July 04, 2018, 04:33:24 AM »
Expand Quote

[close]
Reminds me of Antwuan's Supra shoe.

JerrySeinfeld

• Rep: -3
« Reply #30767 on: July 04, 2018, 06:04:40 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]
[close]
Reminds me of Antwuan's Supra shoe.

That’s a very boring shoe. Reminds me of something you’d find on the sale rack 10years ago

fulfillthedream

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 310
« Reply #30768 on: July 04, 2018, 09:51:55 AM »

nb 533v2 have a hidden lace option, i think some of the es shoes do too
Skateboarding is like jacking-off, it's that good- Jeremy Klein

[

switch209

• Rep: -14
« Reply #30769 on: July 04, 2018, 03:09:47 PM »

Ill never understand why they keep pumping out so many thin vulc shoes in their line. I tend to stick to Cupsoles only but I tried the ZX Vulcs and they were surprisingly supportive and durable, but as of lately, aside from the City Cup, their focus seems to be making shoes thinner, become soggy faster, have low vamp to not retain shape after a solid session, and the soles arent supportive but allow for feeling every grain of your griptape, all while being close to $70 price range. Id rather pay for the Busenitz vulc being its $5 more and it goes toward a pro who deserves it, but the line just reminds me of Emerica's Reynolds low vulc/hsu low vulc/herman vulc...generally the same thing with slight change in stitch details

Willie

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 304
« Reply #30770 on: July 05, 2018, 08:48:44 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]
[close]

The PureBoosts have no structure and are generally disliked for anything remotely active.

I like the Supernova. Doesn't have an obnoxious "cage" but feels reasonably stable for a high shoe. Good walkers or chill shoes.

art hellman

• Trade Count: (+21)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1168
« Reply #30771 on: July 05, 2018, 10:20:26 AM »
Expand Quote

[close]

Ill never understand why they keep pumping out so many thin vulc shoes in their line. I tend to stick to Cupsoles only but I tried the ZX Vulcs and they were surprisingly supportive and durable, but as of lately, aside from the City Cup, their focus seems to be making shoes thinner, become soggy faster, have low vamp to not retain shape after a solid session, and the soles arent supportive but allow for feeling every grain of your griptape, all while being close to $70 price range. Id rather pay for the Busenitz vulc being its $5 more and it goes toward a pro who deserves it, but the line just reminds me of Emerica's Reynolds low vulc/hsu low vulc/herman vulc...generally the same thing with slight change in stitch details

$$$

Adidas has been steadily pushing generic garbage models in lieu of pro models.  As a former #1 fan of Adidas, I'm really disappointed in the lack of great skate shoes in recent years.  The Lucas Pro, Silas I and II, Busenitz ADV, and even the Dorado Boost were all well-designed shoes that did some really low-key interesting things to push skate shoes forward.  But they were too much $$$ to make so they opt for generic style gross stuff.  I'm not into the City Cup or any of these "new" models. 

I definitely commend you for wanting to simply spend $5 for a Buz Vulc rather than a generic vulc for the purpose of getting some $$$ to Busenitz.  We need more of that attitude towards stuff. 
« Last Edit: July 05, 2018, 10:33:36 AM by art hellman »
hardly art, hardly starving

DCLOVE

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -483
« Reply #30772 on: July 05, 2018, 12:08:14 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]

$$$

Adidas has been steadily pushing generic garbage models in lieu of pro models.  As a former #1 fan of Adidas, I'm really disappointed in the lack of great skate shoes in recent years.  The Lucas Pro, Silas I and II, Busenitz ADV, and even the Dorado Boost were all well-designed shoes that did some really low-key interesting things to push skate shoes forward.  But they were too much $$$ to make so they opt for generic style gross stuff.  I'm not into the City Cup or any of these "new" models. 

I definitely commend you for wanting to simply spend $5 for a Buz Vulc rather than a generic vulc for the purpose of getting some $$$ to Busenitz.  We need more of that attitude towards stuff.

I hear you man. I’m still running insoles from a pair gazelles from the first skate run. Now the insoles are barely insoles
PINE 2009, 2010, 2011, 2020, PINE STILL MAKIN' MONEY.

Bubblegum Tate

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #30773 on: July 05, 2018, 12:50:58 PM »

iwishilivedinfinla

« Reply #30774 on: July 05, 2018, 01:18:30 PM »
lol

beatifk

• Rep: 162
« Reply #30775 on: July 05, 2018, 02:04:50 PM »
AY YI YI

Jared

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 59
  • Die Slow
« Reply #30776 on: July 05, 2018, 02:28:51 PM »
Hilarious.

harrison ford invented the first car, in America

bawtawdinfinity

« Reply #30777 on: July 05, 2018, 02:29:50 PM »
what the fuck is going on in the world

Sk.A.T.A.N

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 706
  • aka Sk.A.N.Y.E.
« Reply #30778 on: July 05, 2018, 02:56:19 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]
[close]

[close]

The PureBoosts have no structure and are generally disliked for anything remotely active.

I like the Supernova. Doesn't have an obnoxious "cage" but feels reasonably stable for a high shoe. Good walkers or chill shoes.

I gave those supernovas to my dad and he really likes them.
I like my ultraboost pair, but I'm a huge fan of the lower profile stuff like the Adios boost (keel the jokes coming bros) or the Pureboost DPR. For me, boost is better in less and more balanced quantity, if you had EVA to the mix even better (the energy boost is also really good).
I dont run tho, talking purelly about casual wear.

I actually never tried a skate shoe with boost so I have no opinion on it yet.

R.I.P RUSTY/FRIP

Fongstarr.

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 315
« Reply #30779 on: July 05, 2018, 10:17:58 PM »
I'll fuckin
I'll fuckin
sew your asshole closed, and keep feedin you
and feedin you, and feedin you, and feedin you!