Author Topic: Post UPCOMING/RECENT shoe releases thread  (Read 8693919 times)

Deekay

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 125
Re: Post UPCOMING/RECENT shoe releases thread
« Reply #30990 on: August 02, 2018, 04:08:15 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Does anybody have a pair of Emerica Shifters High Reserve? Shoe looks good ,well great actually. Wondering if they fit true to size.
[close]

Did these come out yet?  I know they've done a few iterations, but these most recent versions since starting the Reserve program I mean.
[close]

I just got mine in the mail today. They're out on emerica.com and Tactics right now at least. They do fit true to size and they're better than I imagined. There is no heel pull tab like the pictures online have, though, and the leather is more soft and smooth rather than textured like the photos. Actually, if you look at the special black leather colorway of the new Provost shoe in the Spring 2019 catalog, the leather on the boots looks exactly like that. Personally, I think those two last minute changes they made were for the better. The insole is great, awesome arch support, and the sole uses that same grippy tread that's on the Figgy Dose. 100% skateable if you feel like skating $120 boots. But I'm just gonna wear them cuz they look dope and are super comfortable. Looks-wise, they're a big improvement on the old Shifters. Nice and slim with that pointy toe.

Expand Quote
IMG_0963.jpeg

Does anyone know what shoes spanky is skating in this photo, I thought that was going to be his reserve shoe. Possibly a new spanky pro model or a wino g6 cupsole.
[close]

Those definitely look like the Romero Laced to me.

Would you mind posting some pictures? I've been picking up every old pair of shifters I see but I'm still on the fence with these because of those changes.

birdplops

• Rep: 25
« Reply #30991 on: August 02, 2018, 06:19:52 AM »
Damn, that new Kalis does look amazing

These are beauts- does anyone have more information or pics?

noileum

• Rep: 29
« Reply #30992 on: August 02, 2018, 06:49:19 AM »
flaco II is looking pretty nice - haven't skated lakai's for a few years though and the sole peeled away on the camby's I had for chillin so I'm on the fence

nickelflip

• Rep: 4
« Reply #30993 on: August 02, 2018, 07:29:27 AM »
Lakai has really impressed me lately. The new deluxe lite insole is great and so is the paramount outsole. So the Flaco II should be awesome. Also, picture of the new shifter I took last night for the guy who asked:

https://photos.app.goo.gl/RUsA1MZNovFrgi3v7
« Last Edit: August 02, 2018, 07:33:30 AM by nickelflip »

bucketoftruth

• Rep: 12
« Reply #30994 on: August 02, 2018, 07:58:20 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Does anybody have a pair of Emerica Shifters High Reserve? Shoe looks good ,well great actually. Wondering if they fit true to size.
[close]

Did these come out yet?  I know they've done a few iterations, but these most recent versions since starting the Reserve program I mean.
[close]

I just got mine in the mail today. They're out on emerica.com and Tactics right now at least. They do fit true to size and they're better than I imagined. There is no heel pull tab like the pictures online have, though, and the leather is more soft and smooth rather than textured like the photos. Actually, if you look at the special black leather colorway of the new Provost shoe in the Spring 2019 catalog, the leather on the boots looks exactly like that. Personally, I think those two last minute changes they made were for the better. The insole is great, awesome arch support, and the sole uses that same grippy tread that's on the Figgy Dose. 100% skateable if you feel like skating $120 boots. But I'm just gonna wear them cuz they look dope and are super comfortable. Looks-wise, they're a big improvement on the old Shifters. Nice and slim with that pointy toe.

Expand Quote
IMG_0963.jpeg

Does anyone know what shoes spanky is skating in this photo, I thought that was going to be his reserve shoe. Possibly a new spanky pro model or a wino g6 cupsole.
[close]

Those definitely look like the Romero Laced to me.
[close]

Would you mind posting some pictures? I've been picking up every old pair of shifters I see but I'm still on the fence with these because of those changes.

They fit me almost exactly like the wino g6. I like em! It is also super lame that sole tech password protected their catalogs, as if they dont understand they power of hype these days.

pizzafliptofakie

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1958
« Reply #30995 on: August 02, 2018, 08:00:04 AM »
Those Shifters look really nice, but do you think they would actually make good boots for biking? I'm planning on getting my motorcycle endorsement soon and want a pair.

bucketoftruth

• Rep: 12
« Reply #30996 on: August 02, 2018, 08:17:36 AM »
Those Shifters look really nice, but do you think they would actually make good boots for biking? I'm planning on getting my motorcycle endorsement soon and want a pair.

I would get legit safety gear and keep these in the chiller section until you can judge that yourself.

shit_for_brains

« Reply #30997 on: August 02, 2018, 08:33:29 AM »
Get real boots instead of skate shoes that look like them. Don't get your feet sanded off for the culture.

GAY

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 3327
  • Those that SLAP, can't.
« Reply #30998 on: August 02, 2018, 09:21:49 AM »
how you digging Ed's boot?

I know this wasn't directed at me, but I'm chiming in to say that they're my favorite work shoes at the moment. Very comfortable and the weird sole makes no sound when walking on a hard surface.

nickelflip

« Reply #30999 on: August 02, 2018, 09:46:28 AM »

I don't ride myself, but Google says you want something with a protective lining like steel or Kevlar and enough structural strength to keep your feet and ankles from being crushed, wrenched, or twisted in a crash. The shifter doesnt have anything like that. It's basically just a high top skate shoe with nice leather that is designed to look like a motorcycle boot for fashion purposes. Or for riders that don't care about their feet getting crushed, wrenched, or twisted.

Sk8 Prick

• Rep: -8
« Reply #31000 on: August 02, 2018, 10:42:28 AM »
Wow, I just impulse bought those shifters off of tactics, couldn't find them on the Emerica site.. picked up the last pair in my size.

Im someone who is seriously skating in the Legacy OG DCs. Figured its time I start getting laid. Wish me luck

chillclinton87

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 127
« Reply #31001 on: August 02, 2018, 12:14:03 PM »
Wow, I just impulse bought those shifters off of tactics, couldn't find them on the Emerica site.. picked up the last pair in my size.

Im someone who is seriously skating in the Legacy OG DCs. Figured its time I start getting laid. Wish me luck

my shop sent me a mail that the legacy slim i ordered yesterday came in today- ordered that white/ blue/ yellow throwback colorway. will get em tomorrow if anybody is curious about the fit and feel.

good luck on getting laid!

pizzafliptofakie

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1958
« Reply #31002 on: August 02, 2018, 12:25:53 PM »
For some reason I thought they legit made them like a motorcycle boot and not just a leather skate shoe. Which the more I think about it the more I realize that's a pretty ludicrous thing to think.

Roisto

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 474
« Reply #31003 on: August 02, 2018, 12:38:08 PM »
I’ve got Vans SK8 Hi MTEs as my motorbike shoes. Sure, they’re not as protective as real motorbike shoes or boots but those are all clunky and ugly as fuck. Got sick of shoes I couldn’t really walk around with comfortably. So far I’ve really liked them. Haven’t crashed with them but I’m sure I’ll get fucked up anyway if I ever do crash so I’m not too worried.

I’d say that a big thing on shoes you want for motorcycling is that they have a gusseted tongue to keep the breeze out. Dunno if the Shifters have that. Also worth getting something where the laces won’t get stuck on your shifter too easily. Other than that, my advice isn’t very motorbike specific.

Edit: Also I didn’t get the Romero Hi Chelsea boots cuz I was worried they wouldn’t stay on during a crash. The brown ones looked very nice but motorbike stuff is like skate stuff. No matter how good it is, if it gives you some doubt, it’s not gonna work. Not saying my Vans are much better but at least they don’t affect my feeling and confidence on the bike negatively even if it’s a false feeling of security.
« Last Edit: August 02, 2018, 12:50:18 PM by Roisto »

oyolar

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 382
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #31004 on: August 02, 2018, 01:23:34 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

I know this wasn't directed at me, but I'm chiming in to say that they're my favorite work shoes at the moment. Very comfortable and the weird sole makes no sound when walking on a hard surface.

UGH. Stay out of this convo then!

Nah, like GAY said, they are ridiculously comfortable and feel very high quality. I wear them every possible time I can. Look great and feel great. Even after wearing them out a few times, they don't seem to stain or crease/wrinkle/weather very easily, which I like because I really like how they look straight out of the box and want the upper to keep that look as long as possible. The sole is super soft and I've never worn a crepe sole so it took a little while getting used to the construction but now am fine with it.

My only thing to note (which isn't an issue) is that they are slim and (pleasantly) tight fitting so when I'm putting them on, I have to make sure that the laces are as loose as possible to get my foot in without tearing any stitching. No big deal though.

nickelflip

« Reply #31005 on: August 02, 2018, 02:23:32 PM »

I’d say that a big thing on shoes you want for motorcycling is that they have a gusseted tongue to keep the breeze out. Dunno if the Shifters have that. Also worth getting something where the laces won’t get stuck on your shifter too easily. Other than that, my advice isn’t very motorbike specific.

Well, it might be good to mention that the shifter does NOT have a gusseted tongue, then, even though the tactics description says it does.

Deekay

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 125
« Reply #31006 on: August 02, 2018, 06:22:41 PM »
Those shifters actually look great, alot better than the catalog pics. It's funny you say the feel like the Wino, this whole time I've been bummed on the new shifters cause they just look like a leather Wino. What justifies the 120$ price tag though?
What I liked about the old shifters was that the sole was actually really sturdy, so they were good for riding motorcycles in, but at the same time they skated great. Do these feel the same? Either way I'll probably pick up a pair of these new ones cause.. Heath.

And for anyone asking whether the Shifters are good for riding motorcycles in..I can only speak on behalf of the old shifter: obviously no shoe that skates this great can be as good as a proper motorcycle boot. With that said, a somewhat sturdy shoe made out of thick leather will do the trick most of the time and will probably hold up if you go down. It wont protect you against those twists or crushing your foot though but.. Either you're a leather and jeans guy or gore-tex guy I guess.

Rayden

• Rep: -4
« Reply #31007 on: August 02, 2018, 07:22:04 PM »
Thanks for posting those pics of the shifters, they look a lot better than the catalog pics.

Picked some up to ride/chill in. I usually ride in whatever shoes I’m skating, lately slip-on’s, so these will be a nice upgrade

Little Debbie

« Reply #31008 on: August 02, 2018, 07:38:02 PM »
super tempted on those Shifters, don't know if i can justify 120 right now tho

Gray Imp Sausage Metal

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 120
  • We're just 2 lo(b)s(t)ers sitting behind a screen
« Reply #31009 on: August 02, 2018, 08:19:59 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

UGH. Stay out of this convo then!

Nah, like GAY said, they are ridiculously comfortable and feel very high quality. I wear them every possible time I can. Look great and feel great. Even after wearing them out a few times, they don't seem to stain or crease/wrinkle/weather very easily, which I like because I really like how they look straight out of the box and want the upper to keep that look as long as possible. The sole is super soft and I've never worn a crepe sole so it took a little while getting used to the construction but now am fine with it.

My only thing to note (which isn't an issue) is that they are slim and (pleasantly) tight fitting so when I'm putting them on, I have to make sure that the laces are as loose as possible to get my foot in without tearing any stitching. No big deal though.
thanks boys, being eyeing them up for a min now and have needed some new winter boots for a while now. Want to buy the slip ons too but not sure if I can skate in them at my age...

Impish sausage is definitely gonna blow up as a euphemism this year

Hypnotoad

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 158
« Reply #31010 on: August 02, 2018, 08:56:11 PM »
Damn, that new Kalis does look amazing

DC is making my life easier lately.

Bubblegum Tate

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -1042
  • Slap's Resident Sneakerhead
    Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
    Gold Topic Start Gold Topic Start : Start a topic with over 10,000 replies.
« Reply #31011 on: August 02, 2018, 09:28:36 PM »
The new Kalis has the same tongue vibes as the Kalis 1. I like.
Ethan Bubblegum Tate - Captain of the Harlem Globetrotters, lecturer of Physics at Globetrotter University.
Tate is one of the best posters that's not me

Frank

• Mods
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1430
  • daddy bought you a pony
« Reply #31012 on: August 02, 2018, 09:32:55 PM »

hey oyolar, since you mentioned that they fit slim and tight, and i'm between an 8.5(snug) and 9(snug enough but some wiggle room for the toe section), would you recommend going for the bigger size?

wake and bacon

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 188
  • ∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞
« Reply #31013 on: August 02, 2018, 10:12:39 PM »
lately DC has had a bunch of shoes out that i dig but just never bought... that's gonna change when those new kalis's come out
:) I must have been tripping last night

Bubblegum Tate

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -1042
  • Slap's Resident Sneakerhead
    Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
    Gold Topic Start Gold Topic Start : Start a topic with over 10,000 replies.
Ethan Bubblegum Tate - Captain of the Harlem Globetrotters, lecturer of Physics at Globetrotter University.
Tate is one of the best posters that's not me

toque

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 122
    • Portmanteau avatar image
« Reply #31015 on: August 02, 2018, 11:35:28 PM »
was having a money convo with friends today and mentioned that if I was "rich" I'd buy up every last pair of the Sean Pablo chucks and burn them

wheee!

Nigga

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 5
  • PHILA
« Reply #31016 on: August 03, 2018, 12:06:32 AM »
was having a money convo with friends today and mentioned that if I was "rich" I'd buy up every last pair of the Sean Pablo chucks and burn them

fuck yeah dude!!!!!!!!

DISTANT RUMOURS

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 400
« Reply #31017 on: August 03, 2018, 01:00:15 AM »
https://thepremierstore.com/blogs/product/cons-x-sean-pablo

No offence, but these literally look like what my punk girlfriend in high school would do to her chucks to make them 'edgy'...

This is beyond terrible.

Gray Imp Sausage Metal

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 120
  • We're just 2 lo(b)s(t)ers sitting behind a screen
« Reply #31018 on: August 03, 2018, 01:30:42 AM »
What if I told you you could recreate that shoe for 1/5 of the price?

Impish sausage is definitely gonna blow up as a euphemism this year

lampshade

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 132
« Reply #31019 on: August 03, 2018, 03:51:00 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

fuck yeah dude!!!!!!!!
I would sweat so hard wearing a full plastic suit.  Referencing sig.