Author Topic: Post UPCOMING/RECENT shoe releases thread  (Read 8694830 times)

fulfillthedream

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 312
Re: Post UPCOMING/RECENT shoe releases thread
« Reply #31800 on: October 31, 2018, 10:05:53 PM »
Expand Quote

The new Schemes look like counterfeits... TOTALLY NOT SOAKING WET
[close]

I love es', but I'm really not getting this trend of reissuing shoes from quite possibly the most heinous era of skate shoe design. Seems like there's a million other es' shoes that should come back before this one, but apparently there's "demand". I'd rather wear a pair of Chet 4's before those things. Jesus...

Ha yeah this wasnt the shoe i wanted to see coming back. i think with the former Pro models theres some kind of thing? When emerica redid the MJ's they called em the OG's and even had a differnet logo on the tongue.
Skateboarding is like jacking-off, it's that good- Jeremy Klein

[

Shuh

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: 3
« Reply #31801 on: November 01, 2018, 03:39:16 AM »
Look at the es scheme shoe sidewall, that a no for me. I dont want a midtop cinderblock

shit_for_brains

« Reply #31802 on: November 01, 2018, 03:55:01 AM »
Seems like they're probably better off pay wise.
Bobby, Manderson and Rodrigo.

I'm sure the year of unexpected unemployment was worth it.

Stoop Kid 2.0

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -312
  • I still fucking hate hipsters.
« Reply #31803 on: November 01, 2018, 04:54:27 AM »
No wonder small skate brands are going under to Nike and Adidas. They’re not dumbasses releasing nostalgic crap from the 90s. Whoever is demanding those shoes better be wearing some JNCOs and a ball bearing necklace with spikes hair. That’s probably the only outfit those hideous abominations would look good with.

Firebert

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 230
    • Instagram avatar image
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #31804 on: November 01, 2018, 06:50:35 AM »
No wonder small skate brands are going under to Nike and Adidas. They’re not dumbasses releasing nostalgic crap from the 90s.
::)

FROTHY

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 373
« Reply #31805 on: November 01, 2018, 07:09:28 AM »
Because they fucked up that scheme re-do so bad, I'm kind of glad they didn't redo a Koston, Creager, or whatever other es shoes people actually wanted. I'd hate to be stuck with a payless version of a K3, knowing that this is probably the last hooray.

oyolar

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 382
« Reply #31806 on: November 01, 2018, 07:20:41 AM »
Remember when eS released a vulc Koston One before going on hiatus?  That was fun.

PAWL

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -70
    Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #31807 on: November 01, 2018, 07:25:40 AM »
yo mike mo new age ape style high five with my reborn hand.

2008 psychedelic experience. thanks.

MC3

• Rep: 128
  • "That's a Helluva price to pay for being stylish!"
« Reply #31808 on: November 01, 2018, 08:39:35 AM »
Does anyone know where I could find the Tom Knox NB# 440s in size 10.5? I searched fairly hard on google and ebay/amazon and no luck. Any shops out there got a pair?
(Cool Trick GIF)

iwishilivedinfinla

« Reply #31809 on: November 01, 2018, 04:15:38 PM »
No wonder small skate brands are going under to Nike and Adidas. They’re not dumbasses releasing nostalgic crap from the 90s.

are you ok

DCLOVE

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -482
« Reply #31810 on: November 01, 2018, 06:17:35 PM »
Remember when eS released a vulc Koston One before going on hiatus?  That was fun.

Wasn’t Lakai that did the K1 vulcs?
PINE 2009, 2010, 2011, 2020, PINE STILL MAKIN' MONEY.

planman

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 374
  • Morpheus drinking a 40 in a death basket
« Reply #31811 on: November 01, 2018, 06:38:31 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

are you ok
Stoop kid is never okay

I saw your mom do a ollie to cooch drop straight down the big black pole, it was gnarly. she defiantly shut that shit down

Atiba Applebum

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 266
« Reply #31812 on: November 01, 2018, 07:57:01 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

Nope, they just released their own version of it which makes me wonder who owns the rights to the design and if eS could even remake them. 

It’s weird to see the IG comments on the Scheme.  People are stoked on the shoe and some really want the Bob 2 rereleased which makes me feel like I’m the crazy one

Jared

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 59
  • Die Slow
« Reply #31813 on: November 01, 2018, 10:06:20 PM »
Fucked up. Why not just release more color ways of the Sal 20s or anything that isn’t a moonboot.

harrison ford invented the first car, in America

DISTANT RUMOURS

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 400
« Reply #31814 on: November 02, 2018, 05:48:33 AM »
Expand Quote
The és nostalgia trip is fun and all, but I simply can't forgive that they dumped the whole team.
[close]

This,

and the whole 'reissue' thing has to stop if they keep picking the wrong models and keep messing with the designs. Put out OG versions of models that people actually liked. No updating whatsoever. Imagine of nike or jordans brands actually kept messing with the original older designs. No one would buy that... (and I do know they sometimes mess with colorways and stuff, but not with actual jordan, air max designs etc)

DC: The boxer, the clocker, the syntax, Howard 1, Kalis 1, Stevie 1, Rudy 2, etc... No they pick the Legacy, probably the ugliest shoe they ever had (great to skate in though... I admit that.)

éS: The accel, the creagers, the muska, koston 1, Burnquist, koston 2, etc... no they pick the scheme, probably the ugliest shoe they ever had

nosneb

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Rep: 90
« Reply #31815 on: November 02, 2018, 06:30:07 AM »
I think it’s easier to reissue past team models shoes than pro model shoes.

oyolar

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 382
« Reply #31816 on: November 02, 2018, 07:50:36 AM »
The also do still release the Accel. They just call it the Accel OG.

Although I think the Accel slim looks a lot better, especially by today’s standards.

FROTHY

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #31817 on: November 02, 2018, 09:55:56 AM »
The DC Syntax and es Accel reissues are disgraces to the original shoes.

DISTANT RUMOURS

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 400
« Reply #31818 on: November 02, 2018, 10:11:42 AM »

Word, the Syntax is probably my favorite shoe ever. Skated great, looked great on feet etc...

But that reissue was awful.. didn't even buy it on sale.

UserFame

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -159
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Budgie Lasek

« Reply #31820 on: November 02, 2018, 12:25:01 PM »

Can't speak for the Syntax, but's what's your issue with the Accel? They make the OG version and a dope slimmed down version which is one of the most popular shoes out. I had the original Accels in black when they came out, the OG's seem pretty true to form.

So... details? What about the Accel reissue is bumming you out?

Manolo

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 467
« Reply #31821 on: November 02, 2018, 01:49:44 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
The és nostalgia trip is fun and all, but I simply can't forgive that they dumped the whole team.
[close]
[close]

This,

and the whole 'reissue' thing has to stop if they keep picking the wrong models and keep messing with the designs. Put out OG versions of models that people actually liked. No updating whatsoever. Imagine of nike or jordans brands actually kept messing with the original older designs. No one would buy that... (and I do know they sometimes mess with colorways and stuff, but not with actual jordan, air max designs etc)

DC: The boxer, the clocker, the syntax, Howard 1, Kalis 1, Stevie 1, Rudy 2, etc... No they pick the Legacy, probably the ugliest shoe they ever had (great to skate in though... I admit that.)

éS: The accel, the creagers, the muska, koston 1, Burnquist, koston 2, etc... no they pick the scheme, probably the ugliest shoe they ever had

The scheme is indeed horrible but it's actually an alien extra puffed out koston 1 somehow:

There's many other shoes they could have picked it's weird. They could also just take a pro model and change the name...like they did for the penny low that came out as the dime couples years after he left,...definitely whish they put these one out instead of the schreme.

Manolo

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 467
« Reply #31822 on: November 02, 2018, 01:51:46 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

éS one 2010

snowman600

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 728
« Reply #31823 on: November 02, 2018, 02:17:25 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

Nope, they just released their own version of it which makes me wonder who owns the rights to the design and if eS could even remake them. 

It’s weird to see the IG comments on the Scheme.  People are stoked on the shoe and some really want the Bob 2 rereleased which makes me feel like I’m the crazy one
I had a similar feeling until I perused their IG accounts. mostly chads

FROTHY

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #31824 on: November 02, 2018, 07:20:51 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

Can't speak for the Syntax, but's what's your issue with the Accel? They make the OG version and a dope slimmed down version which is one of the most popular shoes out. I had the original Accels in black when they came out, the OG's seem pretty true to form.

Thanks for asking. I started skating accels in about 2002 probably. Sometime around 2004-5 (rough estimate), es and a few other companies started selling at mall stores. They must have tried to cut down on production cost and changed a lot about how they made their products because I noticed a big difference in the accel. It went from having a somewhat pointy, longer, slender toebox that had an apex towards your bigtoe/second toe, and the padding around the collar was more ergonomic. Also, the suede dropped in quality. I skated one pair after this transition and was pretty bummed on the changes.

The shoe below kind of shows the difference:

Budgie Lasek

« Reply #31825 on: November 02, 2018, 08:41:45 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

Thanks for asking. I started skating accels in about 2002 probably. Sometime around 2004-5 (rough estimate), es and a few other companies started selling at mall stores. They must have tried to cut down on production cost and changed a lot about how they made their products because I noticed a big difference in the accel. It went from having a somewhat pointy, longer, slender toebox that had an apex towards your bigtoe/second toe, and the padding around the collar was more ergonomic. Also, the suede dropped in quality. I skated one pair after this transition and was pretty bummed on the changes.

The shoe below kind of shows the difference:

I see. To be honest, the OG reissue I've seen does seem a bit puffier than I remember, but I haven't seen it in anything bigger than a 9. I got the originals when they came out, 96 I believe. Never had any of the reissues over the 2000's because I had a different shoe sponsor. I have a pair of the slims and they have the nicer shape you're talking about, plus more reasonable padding. I don't see why they would be a disgrace to the original? Seems extreme.

Shoes will always evolve, as styles do. Skateboarding is young and we keep drastically changing up what we like, so the shoes change to suit the most common preferences. Es' offers 2 different versions of the cupsole Accel, which is better than only having the puffy or only the slim. They also have a vulc version. I'd say the Accel has improved, if anything.

FROTHY

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #31826 on: November 02, 2018, 08:52:45 PM »
Ok, "disgrace" is extreme. It's different, but I appreciate their thought. Also offering the slim helps out.

bad joke

• Rep: 156
« Reply #31827 on: November 02, 2018, 10:41:31 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

[close]
I had a similar feeling until I perused their IG accounts. mostly chads

confirmed chad night chad musk chad foreman chad fernandes pregnant chad and chad Caruso are dying to wear it

Fongstarr.

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 315
    Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #31828 on: November 02, 2018, 10:55:16 PM »
I'll fuckin
I'll fuckin
sew your asshole closed, and keep feedin you
and feedin you, and feedin you, and feedin you!

iwishilivedinfinla

« Reply #31829 on: November 03, 2018, 10:57:43 AM »
just a reminder that it's 2018 and we have a reissue of the eS Scheme

but Lakai still hasn't done a Manchester cup