Author Topic: Post UPCOMING/RECENT shoe releases thread  (Read 8664986 times)

Allen. and 7 Guests are viewing this topic.

Budgie Lasek

Re: Post UPCOMING/RECENT shoe releases thread
« Reply #31830 on: November 03, 2018, 11:03:09 AM »
just a reminder that it's 2018 and we have a reissue of the eS Scheme

but Lakai still hasn't done a Manchester cup

http://lakai.com/footwear/mens/sheffield-xlk-shoe-ms3180101b00-bugld

iwishilivedinfinla

« Reply #31831 on: November 03, 2018, 11:30:12 AM »
Expand Quote

[close]

that's not the fucking Manchester.

stets

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Rep: 106
« Reply #31832 on: November 03, 2018, 12:01:44 PM »

THIS
Quote from: augustmoon
lol, don't let my sticker job keep you up at night, buddy

Budgie Lasek

« Reply #31833 on: November 03, 2018, 02:01:49 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]

Duh. I can read. The shoe is practically identical to the Manchester, hence why they reference the Manchester in the description. The only difference is the heel panel, really. Is that a deal breaker? One different looking seam on the back of the shoe where you can't even see it?

shit_for_brains

« Reply #31834 on: November 03, 2018, 02:05:16 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]

[close]

Duh. I can read. The shoe is practically identical to the Manchester, hence why they reference the Manchester in the description. The only difference is the heel panel, really. Is that a deal breaker? One different looking seam on the back of the shoe where you can't even see it?

We don't have coke is pepsi ok?

MyUserName

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 168
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
    Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #31835 on: November 03, 2018, 03:05:31 PM »
This puffy tech shoe resurgence is so perplexing to me.

Basketball never went back to peach baskets. Football never went back to leather helmets.

Whatever. To each their own.

Sk.A.T.A.N

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 694
  • aka Sk.A.N.Y.E.
« Reply #31836 on: November 03, 2018, 04:03:32 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]

You get it SFB! People just want the fucking real deal exactly like it was back in the day. No updates, no tweaks, just the same. Everyone gets bummed when brands start updating shit for no reason.

R.I.P RUSTY/FRIP

Budgie Lasek

« Reply #31837 on: November 03, 2018, 04:42:52 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]
You get it SFB! People just want the fucking real deal exactly like it was back in the day. No updates, no tweaks, just the same. Everyone gets bummed when brands start updating shit for no reason.

People want all different things. You're talking about what YOU want.

If you want the Manchester exactly the same, then you don't get a cupsole version, because the Manchester is a vulc shoe. Making it a cupsole, by your logic, would be an UPDATE, a TWEAK.

Y'all are really sensitive about your shoe crushes.

Sk.A.T.A.N

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 694
  • aka Sk.A.N.Y.E.
« Reply #31838 on: November 03, 2018, 05:19:40 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]
[close]

If you want the Manchester exactly the same, then you don't get a cupsole version, because the Manchester is a vulc shoe. Making it a cupsole, by your logic, would be an UPDATE, a TWEAK.

Dude, what the fuck are you talking about...

Best example of a update done right is how éS did the OG accel and the accel slim at the same time, or DC with the legacy OG and the slim. You keep the OG guys happy, and have something new for the kids aswell.

R.I.P RUSTY/FRIP

FROTHY

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 373
« Reply #31839 on: November 03, 2018, 05:21:56 PM »
This puffy tech shoe resurgence is so perplexing to me.

Basketball never went back to peach baskets. Football never went back to leather helmets.

Whatever. To each their own.

By that logic vulcanized shoes are obsolete. Vans are the peach baskets of skate shoes.

Budgie Lasek

« Reply #31840 on: November 03, 2018, 05:54:46 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]
[close]

[close]

Best example of a update done right is how éS did the OG accel and the accel slim at the same time, or DC with the legacy OG and the slim. You keep the OG guys happy, and have something new for the kids aswell.

That's sick - so why was the other poster saying Lakai never did one then? (probably because there apears to have only been two limited colors of it, ever. 99.999% of Manchesters seem to be vulc)I've only ever owned one pair of Lakais in my life, and it was recently, I was going based off what the other poster said and the fact that my google search was showing all vulc options. I guess he's just bummed they haven't done it AGAIN. Fuck though, the Sheffield XLK and the cupsole Manchester really are incredibly similar. I'd like to try a pair, but all the Lakais I've tried have been the worst feeling skate shoes.   
« Last Edit: November 03, 2018, 05:59:29 PM by Budgie Lasek »

nosneb

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Rep: 78
« Reply #31841 on: November 03, 2018, 06:00:33 PM »
It’s funny that back then the shoes where “futuristic” and “ahead of its time” and now they bring them back and it’s outdated. When will they ever be just NOW lol
I love my reissued lynx they were exactly the same feeling as when I first got them in jr high school. I’m skating mine for 7 months now and my feet never hurts

Allen.

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 695
    • Cigarettes for Cardio avatar image
« Reply #31842 on: November 03, 2018, 06:21:45 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]
[close]

[close]

[close]

That's sick - so why was the other poster saying Lakai never did one then? (probably because there apears to have only been two limited colors of it, ever. 99.999% of Manchesters seem to be vulc)I've only ever owned one pair of Lakais in my life, and it was recently, I was going based off what the other poster said and the fact that my google search was showing all vulc options. I guess he's just bummed they haven't done it AGAIN. Fuck though, the Sheffield XLK and the cupsole Manchester really are incredibly similar. I'd like to try a pair, but all the Lakais I've tried have been the worst feeling skate shoes.

What the fuck are you talking about the original Manchester was around for years
For someone w.no signature ur awfully hostile, & that is why I do this

FROTHY

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 373
« Reply #31843 on: November 03, 2018, 06:38:53 PM »
The Manchester never even existed actually

pointandclick

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 243
« Reply #31844 on: November 03, 2018, 06:46:03 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]
[close]

[close]

MANCHESTER

[close]

you must be a stupid person.

iwishilivedinfinla

« Reply #31845 on: November 03, 2018, 07:16:13 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]
[close]

patrick c.

• Rep: 23
« Reply #31846 on: November 03, 2018, 07:46:17 PM »

Sorry for taking up Tate's bandwidth but this is ridiculous.  The Manchester existed as a cupsole & it was not just "two limited colors".  Anyone who ever set foot in the originals wouldn't even entertain a comparison to the Sheffield.
Source: https://archive.lakai.com/shoe_archive/summer05/summer05.html

« Last Edit: November 03, 2018, 07:55:30 PM by patrick c. »
All you got is today, get out and skate.

Budgie Lasek

« Reply #31847 on: November 03, 2018, 07:54:55 PM »
Cool, I stand corrected guys. As I said, I was basing the "no cupsole Manchester" off the poster who specifically said they didn't make one, since I don't know Lakais as well as other shoes. After seeing all these examples I'd have to say the toebox is definitely shorter on the Manchester as well.

But, holy shit you some serious little bitches about your shoes. hahaha. Kook me some more boys.  ::)

oyolar

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 378
« Reply #31848 on: November 03, 2018, 08:01:19 PM »
Budgie, how old are you man?  I get your logic, but like, the posts make it pretty clear that you should do more research into this before making your posts.

THAT SAID: Lakai did do the Manchest XLK that didn't sell well but was apparently a great cupsole, just not as good as the OG Manchesters.  I have the Sheffield XLK on the shelf and I'm excited to see what they're like.  I never skated an OG Manchester but it would be interesting to see Lakai release them now.

Budgie Lasek

« Reply #31849 on: November 03, 2018, 09:05:44 PM »
Budgie, how old are you man?  I get your logic, but like, the posts make it pretty clear that you should do more research into this before making your posts.

THAT SAID: Lakai did do the Manchest XLK that didn't sell well but was apparently a great cupsole, just not as good as the OG Manchesters.  I have the Sheffield XLK on the shelf and I'm excited to see what they're like.  I never skated an OG Manchester but it would be interesting to see Lakai release them now.

I was literally just replying to the first guy who said they haven't made a Manchester cupsole, with an image of the Sheffield XLK since Lakai themselves are marketing it as a nod to the Manchester. I was never trying to say that I KNEW there was never a Manchester cupsole. I was lucky enough to get free shoes for 20 years, although not from Lakai, so I didn't pay much attention to their complete shoe line every year.

But by all means dudes, please, continue to turn this into the biggest case of shoe discussion blasphemy of all time.

Jared

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 59
  • Die Slow
« Reply #31850 on: November 04, 2018, 08:36:15 AM »
Hey guys let’s argue some more about some shoes that came out 10+ years ago and most likely won’t be released again.

harrison ford invented the first car, in America

baby dick

• Rep: 7
« Reply #31851 on: November 04, 2018, 02:28:01 PM »
Expand Quote

[close]

I was literally just replying to the first guy who said they haven't made a Manchester cupsole, with an image of the Sheffield XLK since Lakai themselves are marketing it as a nod to the Manchester. I was never trying to say that I KNEW there was never a Manchester cupsole. I was lucky enough to get free shoes for 20 years, although not from Lakai, so I didn't pay much attention to their complete shoe line every year.

But by all means dudes, please, continue to turn this into the biggest case of shoe discussion blasphemy of all time.
u mad cause u look dumb

Gray Imp Sausage Metal

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 76
  • We're just 2 lo(b)s(t)ers sitting behind a screen
« Reply #31852 on: November 04, 2018, 05:39:48 PM »

but Adidas still hasn't done a Silas 1

Impish sausage is definitely gonna blow up as a euphemism this year

doublesteveburger

« Reply #31853 on: November 04, 2018, 07:16:01 PM »
Expand Quote

but budgie lasek was wrong about manchesters being vulc
[close]

Budgie Lasek

« Reply #31854 on: November 05, 2018, 01:57:20 AM »

To everyone losing their shit over me suggesting a shoe for someone, ^this is the guy who said Lakai didn't make a Manchester cupsole, not me.

« Last Edit: November 05, 2018, 02:12:48 AM by Budgie Lasek »

SUPREMENECKPROTECTOR

• Rep: 99
« Reply #31855 on: November 05, 2018, 02:31:02 AM »
Expand Quote

[close]

To everyone losing their shit over me suggesting a shoe for someone, ^this is the guy who said Lakai didn't make a Manchester cupsole, not me.

Everybody but you got that he was talking about a reissue..take the L dude

concerned_parent

• Trade Count: (+11)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 281
« Reply #31856 on: November 05, 2018, 05:56:10 AM »
arguments like this make things happen in the shoe world

mike and rickk are watching. budgie lasek pro colorway of the manchester coming real soon.
good come sausage

Bristol_Palin

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 496
« Reply #31857 on: November 05, 2018, 09:16:06 AM »
I had navy blue machesters with the orange flare back when they were cupsoles and they were great shoes. I loved them.

Budgie Lasek

« Reply #31858 on: November 05, 2018, 09:40:15 AM »
How all you ladies feeling about you Manchester pumps today? If I had known you were so sad about not having a cuppy one anymore, I'd have brought you a warm towel. Can I get you a romance novel perhaps? Some red wine? It's ok to cry, just let it all out.

shit_for_brains

« Reply #31859 on: November 05, 2018, 09:42:26 AM »
Shut the fuck up and post upcoming shoes