Author Topic: Post UPCOMING/RECENT shoe releases thread  (Read 8682557 times)

kmoe, george costanza and 2 Guests are viewing this topic.

Bubblegum Tate

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -1042
  • Slap's Resident Sneakerhead
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
    Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
    Gold Topic Start Gold Topic Start : Start a topic with over 10,000 replies.
Re: Post UPCOMING shoe releases thread
« Reply #5760 on: March 12, 2012, 10:44:59 PM »
Supreme x Comme des Gar?ons x Vans

Ethan Bubblegum Tate - Captain of the Harlem Globetrotters, lecturer of Physics at Globetrotter University.
Tate is one of the best posters that's not me

idealhandmades

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 132
    • IDEAL Handmades - Skateboards avatar image
« Reply #5761 on: March 12, 2012, 10:49:43 PM »
Do y'all just shoe goo the fuck out of your shoes?  I've skated a pair of old schools once and I completely destroyed them in about 3 sessions.
Yes, I do.
@idealhandmades

oyolar

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 381
« Reply #5762 on: March 12, 2012, 11:35:30 PM »
Expand Quote
Do y'all just shoe goo the fuck out of your shoes?  I've skated a pair of old schools once and I completely destroyed them in about 3 sessions.
[close]
Yes, I do.

When AVE did his SLAP Pals Question, didn't he say that he'd go through a pair of Old Schools in about a day when he was filming for Mindfield?

word.

• Rep: -7
  • Fuck It.
« Reply #5763 on: March 12, 2012, 11:44:56 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]
Yes, I do.
[close]

When AVE did his SLAP Pals Question, didn't he say that he'd go through a pair of Old Schools in about a day when he was filming for Mindfield?

^TRUTH! I can't make a pair last more than 2 or 3 couple hour sessions. But...... TOTALLY WORTH IT!!!!  ;D
Im gonna poop in your shoes.

Participation

• Rep: -27
« Reply #5764 on: March 13, 2012, 01:10:27 AM »
old skools 4 lyf

DaSk8D00D

« Reply #5765 on: March 13, 2012, 01:28:38 AM »
man i aint tryna hate on nobody's favorite kicks or nothin but im sure there are a ton of shoes that skate just as good as some old schools while actually having some form of durability. or ankle/foot support for that matter. i mean i fucks with the waffle grip but dog ive seen socks that last longer

Bubblegum Tate

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #5766 on: March 13, 2012, 01:32:34 AM »

Ethan Bubblegum Tate - Captain of the Harlem Globetrotters, lecturer of Physics at Globetrotter University.

word.

• Rep: -7
  • Fuck It.
« Reply #5767 on: March 13, 2012, 01:38:01 AM »
Im gonna poop in your shoes.

escapistfool

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 6
« Reply #5768 on: March 13, 2012, 01:55:17 AM »

I'm gonna be a broke motherfucker this year. Jesus, so many good shoes.

Participation

Deekay

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 125
« Reply #5770 on: March 13, 2012, 06:38:53 AM »
huf is killing it so fucking hard with both shoes and the clothes. I want everything they make.

victor333

« Reply #5771 on: March 13, 2012, 11:34:55 AM »
man i aint tryna hate on nobody's favorite kicks or nothin but im sure there are a ton of shoes that skate just as good as some old schools while actually having some form of durability. or ankle/foot support for that matter. i mean i fucks with the waffle grip but dog ive seen socks that last longer

I just feel, when it comes to skating them, the opinion on Vans is so polarizing: you either love it or hate it.

Yea, the waffle sole is good...but so is just about every other sole; I don't know...

The Vans I had, and tried skating, put me in so much pain I vowed to never skate Vans again. Now, I know not all Vans are the same, and I had the chukka lows, and Vans probably makes more padded vulcs.

However, I just think that Vans silhouette, the sole, and the upper thickness, etc. keep some people coming back and keep others - like me - far, far away.

BraveUlysses

« Reply #5772 on: March 13, 2012, 12:26:33 PM »
Vans chukka boots look weird to me.

razortails

• Rep: 6
  • runnin with the devil
« Reply #5773 on: March 13, 2012, 12:41:52 PM »
huf is killing it so fucking hard with both shoes and the clothes. I want everything they make.
I know we've only known each other four weeks and three days, but to me it seems like nine weeks and five days.

Bubblegum Tate

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #5774 on: March 13, 2012, 12:59:14 PM »

DaSk8D00D

« Reply #5775 on: March 13, 2012, 01:03:57 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

I just feel, when it comes to skating them, the opinion on Vans is so polarizing: you either love it or hate it.

Yea, the waffle sole is good...but so is just about every other sole; I don't know...

The Vans I had, and tried skating, put me in so much pain I vowed to never skate Vans again. Now, I know not all Vans are the same, and I had the chukka lows, and Vans probably makes more padded vulcs.

However, I just think that Vans silhouette, the sole, and the upper thickness, etc. keep some people coming back and keep others - like me - far, far away.

the only vans ive really fucked with are half-cabs which are pretty damn good for a vulc shoe, but i couldnt even imagine skating in those eras or old schools. IMO the waffle grip & toe shape are the only benefits it has as far as a skate shoe. they have very little durability  foot support which is pretty much a no go for me.

EDIT: DEM DUNKS GOIN HARD!

victor333

« Reply #5776 on: March 13, 2012, 04:13:08 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

the only vans ive really fucked with are half-cabs which are pretty damn good for a vulc shoe, but i couldnt even imagine skating in those eras or old schools. IMO the waffle grip & toe shape are the only benefits it has as far as a skate shoe. they have very little durability  foot support which is pretty much a no go for me.

EDIT: DEM DUNKS GOIN HARD!

I hear you on that. If you're going to put out a thin vulc shoe, a good insole is a must. The vans insoles are complete shit. I landed primo once and said fuck it.

And, yea, that upper is paper thin - not fun having the board smash your toes

Watson

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 2224
« Reply #5777 on: March 13, 2012, 07:22:09 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]
Yes, I do.
[close]

[close]

^TRUTH! I can't make a pair last more than 2 or 3 couple hour sessions. But...... TOTALLY WORTH IT!!!!  ;D

Not trying to plug my own shit, but this works really well if you like skating canvas shoes, or even if you blow through regular shoes really quick. Extends the life of your shoes and looks cleaner than Shoo Goo.

http://www.youwillsoon.com/2011/02/yws-helpful-hints-inside-job.html

Skating some red canvas CTS right now with that shit hooked up.

BraveUlysses

« Reply #5778 on: March 13, 2012, 07:30:42 PM »
Watson! I used to check your blog everyday and those Life Of Ryan reviews had me dying from laughter. I wish you would post as much shit as you used too.

Wh0l3

« Reply #5779 on: March 13, 2012, 09:15:36 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

Funny thing is, Chukka Lows are one of there more padded vulcs.

Paper Crane

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 115
« Reply #5780 on: March 13, 2012, 10:18:37 PM »

victor333

« Reply #5781 on: March 13, 2012, 10:49:48 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

RIP to Vans wearers' feet

Front Crooks

« Reply #5782 on: March 13, 2012, 11:27:16 PM »
Huf Pro's have a weak toe area that get's flimsy and blown out quickly, but they look good for just wearing around, and they're comfortable.

Gray Imp Sausage Metal

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 108
  • We're just 2 lo(b)s(t)ers sitting behind a screen
« Reply #5783 on: March 13, 2012, 11:30:35 PM »
old skools are actually amazing to skate in hence why people in this day and age still wear them. imho the order should be:

1. half cab/ rowley 1's
2. old skools
3. eras

Impish sausage is definitely gonna blow up as a euphemism this year

G.Lewis

« Reply #5784 on: March 14, 2012, 12:20:03 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

[close]

I agree that the non removable insoles in Vans suck.  If you get rid of those with a butter knife and throw in some good insoles...you're in business.

biggietoms

• Rep: 8
  • take acid
« Reply #5785 on: March 14, 2012, 02:07:38 AM »
old skools are actually amazing to skate in hence why people in this day and age still wear them. imho the order should be:

1. half cab/ rowley 1's
2. old skools
3. eras

rowley classics ftw.......bring em back vans

oyolar

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 381
« Reply #5786 on: March 14, 2012, 02:59:32 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]

I agree that the non removable insoles in Vans suck.  If you get rid of those with a butter knife and throw in some good insoles...you're in business.

I thought the AV6 had really nice insoles.

noileum

• Rep: 29
« Reply #5787 on: March 14, 2012, 03:31:06 AM »
the AV6's I had just came with the glued in shite insoles

Plus they seemed wide as fuck compared to other vans I'd skated so after a week I traded them to a mate

Participation

« Reply #5788 on: March 14, 2012, 05:30:21 AM »
the AV6's I had just came with the glued in shite insoles

Plus they seemed wide as fuck compared to other vans I'd skated so after a week I traded them to a mate

onya

Gray Imp Sausage Metal

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 108
  • We're just 2 lo(b)s(t)ers sitting behind a screen
« Reply #5789 on: March 14, 2012, 06:24:26 AM »
Expand Quote

1. half cab/ rowley 1's
2. old skools
3. eras
[close]

rowley classics ftw.......bring em back vans

i don't get why they ever stopped making them  :o
it doesn't make sense. surely out of all his models this was his best seller?
colourways were always top notch too...

Impish sausage is definitely gonna blow up as a euphemism this year