Author Topic: Post UPCOMING/RECENT shoe releases thread  (Read 8682908 times)

Turtle Boy

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 171
Re: Post UPCOMING shoe releases thread
« Reply #12390 on: July 16, 2013, 06:55:04 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
KA-2

[close]

Yes please.
[close]

looking good.
[close]

About as boring as you can get. It's more plain than any other skate shoe on the market.
[close]
Here we have, CONS killing the game with original and innovative designs...
[close]
what's with the thread hopping to just hate on Cons?
[close]
Sorry if I express my opinion on a skateboard forum:
I had one pair of CTS two years ago, and they were some of the worst shoe ever, never felt so much pain on my feet and I've ridden tons of vulc shoes from corporate and non corporate shoes. So my only experience with CONS was awful.
I find their designs repetitive and unoriginal, and they lack of any artistic direction, but the still aren't cheap.
Most of their campaign are cheesy as fuck (don't wear shoes, wear sneakers...).
Since they came back to the game they didn't release any original or innovative model from either design or technical point of view from what I can recall.

They are just following the bandwagon and their shoes aren't even on par with brands like Lakai, Emerica.

If it weren't for the money that makes them able to afford having a stacked team, and making tons of advertising they would not sell just based on the quality/originality of their design.

The only thing I can back is their team even if there is no direction behind it, and giving Rune and Zered (among others) some money. Their euro team is also really good.

[close]
rant had me like

:D

b.v.

« Reply #12391 on: July 16, 2013, 07:43:45 AM »
A few things about Cons.
Every season they tweak and fine tune the shoes to fix all the little things that bug the team.
The ones out now vs 2 years ago are probably very different.
Still selling lunarlon with new extra grip sole for $60.
Legions of kids around here only buy cts because for the money they last forever.
No logos and simple functional design.
Jus sayin, it's not unfounded.

Turtle Boy

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 171
« Reply #12392 on: July 16, 2013, 08:18:30 AM »
A few things about Cons.
Every season they tweak and fine tune the shoes to fix all the little things that bug the team.
The ones out now vs 2 years ago are probably very different.
Still selling lunarlon with new extra grip sole for $60.
Legions of kids around here only buy cts because for the money they last forever.
No logos and simple functional design.
Jus sayin, it's not unfounded.
Well you could be totally right about the updated quality of the shoes, but neither their design nor their marketing appeal to me.
I can understand people buying some models if it meets your requirements, I just hope that people buy suede cts at least. I tried once because I found some bargain, and no design nor marketing made me want to try them again, while other brands offered something new or that suits better my requirements and packaged in a better marketing I guess  :D

To each his own I guess.

b.v.

« Reply #12393 on: July 16, 2013, 09:18:55 AM »

wisdom teeth

• Rep: 10
« Reply #12394 on: July 16, 2013, 12:42:38 PM »
You know, I was once very anti-canvas when it came to skate shoes, but recently I got a pair of the canvas cts and used the old superglue in the high traffic areas trick.  It works really well, and canvas tends to make for a very light skate shoe, it actually has some appeal to me now

AssBandit

• Rep: 60
  • trip ouuuuttt brooooo...
« Reply #12395 on: July 16, 2013, 02:56:20 PM »
i never understood the canvas skate shoe thing.  just seems so wasteful. why buy shoes that you have to put extra glue on?  why not just by a durable material?  suede is a tried and true material.  that being said, i understand that different shoes have a aesthetic appeal.  as far as function & durability, it makes absolutely no sense.   

pandarelated

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 90
« Reply #12396 on: July 16, 2013, 05:35:24 PM »
i never understood the canvas skate shoe thing.  just seems so wasteful. why buy shoes that you have to put extra glue on?  why not just by a durable material?  suede is a tried and true material.  that being said, i understand that different shoes have a aesthetic appeal.  as far as function & durability, it makes absolutely no sense.   

weirdly enough. i find // personally / that canvas.. grips better. but i assume this is cause its so weak.. like soft rubber. hence your shoe dies asap.. so.. yeah suede.. but if i just had unlimited free shoes.. canvas.

fulfillthedream

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 309
« Reply #12397 on: July 16, 2013, 07:23:05 PM »
i just like the fact that those ka 2's are cup sole.  but they do look like some shit they've released before.
Skateboarding is like jacking-off, it's that good- Jeremy Klein

[

Bubblegum Tate

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -1042
  • Slap's Resident Sneakerhead
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
    Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
    Gold Topic Start Gold Topic Start : Start a topic with over 10,000 replies.
« Reply #12398 on: July 16, 2013, 10:20:51 PM »

Ethan Bubblegum Tate - Captain of the Harlem Globetrotters, lecturer of Physics at Globetrotter University.
Tate is one of the best posters that's not me

Melanoma

• Rep: 3
« Reply #12399 on: July 16, 2013, 11:08:39 PM »
Andrew Reynolds and the Emerica Reynolds Low
Emerica Proudly Presents The Reynolds Low

the blood on his sleeves...probably just killed some triple set and was like "fuck, time to do this shoe thing"

Firebert

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 230
    • Instagram avatar image
« Reply #12400 on: July 17, 2013, 01:02:21 AM »
I can dig it, suckah

available spring '14
« Last Edit: July 17, 2013, 01:06:01 AM by Firebert »

finknoos

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -170
  • Typos here there and everywhere
« Reply #12401 on: July 17, 2013, 03:22:32 AM »
Expand Quote
i never understood the canvas skate shoe thing.  just seems so wasteful. why buy shoes that you have to put extra glue on?  why not just by a durable material?  suede is a tried and true material.  that being said, i understand that different shoes have a aesthetic appeal.  as far as function & durability, it makes absolutely no sense.  

[close]

weirdly enough. i find // personally / that canvas.. grips better. but i assume this is cause its so weak.. like soft rubber. hence your shoe dies asap.. so.. yeah suede.. but if i just had unlimited free shoes.. canvas.

I used to feel the same way about canvas, but these last janoskis i got are canvas and are holding up pretty much just as good as the suede ones, that i skated before. I think theyve used layyers of canvas/foam/leather to make sure they dont just go straight through, like my canvas gravis shoes did, went through in a week.

« Last Edit: July 17, 2013, 07:55:21 AM by finknoos »

b.v.

« Reply #12402 on: July 17, 2013, 07:21:15 AM »
Expand Quote

[close]

I just finished skating the canvas cons star player, used the superglue on high wear spots and I too like the feel of canvas better. Better breathability, lighter and they don't stretch out much. I'm not saying the average skater should switch, I just liked how they felt. I won't stop skating suede, but canvas wasn't as big a let down as I anticipated.

Ripped Laces

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 9
  • Dude, this is america. There are idiots everywhere
    • Ripped Laces = Shoe reviews, product reviews & more avatar image
« Reply #12403 on: July 17, 2013, 08:18:18 AM »
I can dig it, suckah
*Westgate Photo
available spring '14
For anyone who's still apprehensive, once you hold them in your hand, it's on.
I loved them already, but seeing them at Agenda made me want them even more.
Really curious to see how well they flick but Westgate didn't seem to have a problem in that Zoo york clip.

The Muffin Man

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -6
« Reply #12404 on: July 17, 2013, 09:59:30 AM »
Expand Quote
I can dig it, suckah
*Westgate Photo
available spring '14
[close]
For anyone who's still apprehensive, once you hold them in your hand, it's on.
I loved them already, but seeing them at Agenda made me want them even more.
Really curious to see how well they flick but Westgate didn't seem to have a problem in that Zoo york clip.

Westgate could pop huge fs flips when the board was like, more than half his height. He'd be fine regardless.

That said, I'll give em a shot.

Being short is the motorcycle of life.

patob

• Rep: -6
« Reply #12405 on: July 17, 2013, 10:03:53 AM »
sp14

DC Cole lite 2

Lakai BB4

Adidas Silas SL

Etnies

Fallen

DVS Vapor

JBones

• Rep: -88
« Reply #12406 on: July 17, 2013, 12:58:29 PM »

That's because you're not vegan dude, and therefore apparently aren't thinking of the BIGGER picture of WHY canvas and or non-meat shoes exist. There are other ways to make shoes that are durable far above suede, leather and or canvas etc, but we all won't like those prices. It's been done and it can be done. Also, think of synthetic leather, fucking WalMart shoes use syn. leather on $20 shoes, but the if a skate or big sports company does it they'll charge you $85-$100...there's an answer WHY, and it ain't just the sole.
As for why 95% of all pro models shoes are mainly leather/suede/animal, it's because of the profit, non-meat made shoes have higher tariffs coming into the USA, so less profit to the pro that wants his Bentley and his Double Mochachino.
You guys should all read this forgotten article from a while ago. Should explain it better than I can.
http://skateboarding.transworld.net/1000012808/news/soles-without-souls/
If we all boycotted leather and suede shoes for 1 round of skate shoes, the industry would change overnight - think about it, just like if we all didn't buy gas for 1 straight day...we have the power.

I Can't Think

• Rep: 31
« Reply #12407 on: July 17, 2013, 02:08:59 PM »
Damn the BB4's look fine.

DeputyDoses

• Rep: 4
  • I look like Mel Gibson
« Reply #12408 on: July 17, 2013, 05:59:21 PM »
Expand Quote

[close]

That's because you're not vegan dude, and therefore apparently aren't thinking of the BIGGER picture of WHY canvas and or non-meat shoes exist. There are other ways to make shoes that are durable far above suede, leather and or canvas etc, but we all won't like those prices. It's been done and it can be done. Also, think of synthetic leather, fucking WalMart shoes use syn. leather on $20 shoes, but the if a skate or big sports company does it they'll charge you $85-$100...there's an answer WHY, and it ain't just the sole.
As for why 95% of all pro models shoes are mainly leather/suede/animal, it's because of the profit, non-meat made shoes have higher tariffs coming into the USA, so less profit to the pro that wants his Bentley and his Double Mochachino.
You guys should all read this forgotten article from a while ago. Should explain it better than I can.
If we all boycotted leather and suede shoes for 1 round of skate shoes, the industry would change overnight - think about it, just like if we all didn't buy gas for 1 straight day...we have the power.
No... (I hate using this statement, but) Your logic is incredibly flawed because if we all chose not to buy gas for one single day, that doesn't change the fact that we're all going to need to fill up at the gas station the next day or day after that. For a boycott to really work, it has to last longer than one day or skipping/changing one purchase. It would have to be a massive planned out attempt by many, many people to really stand up against something for an extended period of time.
If we all bought canvas shoes as our next shoes, nothing more would change than some suede models going on sale. Judging by your statement of "1 round of skate shoes," are you implying that our next shoe would be suede/leather again?

That's why that whole "national don't buy gas day" never really does much because we still will need to fill up at the pumps in a relatively quick matter of time.

If we all stopped shopping at Wal-Mart for a year straight or longer, and yes, I mean every consumer. Then yes, we would see a change in Wal-Mart stores all around the United States.

I back canvas shoes just as much as I back suede shoes, but it just so happens that suede is much more durable and easier on my wallet. I have a lot of respect for vegans, but that just isn't my lifestyle choice.

Bubblegum Tate

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #12409 on: July 17, 2013, 09:17:25 PM »

Ethan Bubblegum Tate - Captain of the Harlem Globetrotters, lecturer of Physics at Globetrotter University.

Pretty Girls Make Graves

• Rep: -8
« Reply #12410 on: July 18, 2013, 11:24:05 AM »
sp14

Fallen

Show me more!! I want to see what Fallen has been up to!

Firebert

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 230
    • Instagram avatar image
« Reply #12411 on: July 18, 2013, 02:27:35 PM »
Expand Quote

[close]

"Synthetic material itself is cheaper, but the (international) tax on synthetic material is three times as expensive as on non-synthetic material," he says. But McGarry notes that by paying less for synthetic materials, the end cost to them and to the end consumer isn't really affected: "It comes out about the same regarding margins."

that article is over 10 years old, has no author, and seems to contradict your statement

JBones

« Reply #12412 on: July 18, 2013, 02:45:28 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]
"Synthetic material itself is cheaper, but the (international) tax on synthetic material is three times as expensive as on non-synthetic material," he says. But McGarry notes that by paying less for synthetic materials, the end cost to them and to the end consumer isn't really affected: "It comes out about the same regarding margins."

that article is over 10 years old, has no author, and seems to contradict your statement

say what you will dude, I hear ya...but the profit from them is.

JBones

« Reply #12413 on: July 18, 2013, 02:48:00 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]
No... (I hate using this statement, but) Your logic is incredibly flawed because if we all chose not to buy gas for one single day, that doesn't change the fact that we're all going to need to fill up at the gas station the next day or day after that. For a boycott to really work, it has to last longer than one day or skipping/changing one purchase. It would have to be a massive planned out attempt by many, many people to really stand up against something for an extended period of time.
If we all bought canvas shoes as our next shoes, nothing more would change than some suede models going on sale. Judging by your statement of "1 round of skate shoes," are you implying that our next shoe would be suede/leather again?

That's why that whole "national don't buy gas day" never really does much because we still will need to fill up at the pumps in a relatively quick matter of time.

If we all stopped shopping at Wal-Mart for a year straight or longer, and yes, I mean every consumer. Then yes, we would see a change in Wal-Mart stores all around the United States.

I back canvas shoes just as much as I back suede shoes, but it just so happens that suede is much more durable and easier on my wallet. I have a lot of respect for vegans, but that just isn't my lifestyle choice.

I hear ya...but we should all TRY it and find out anyways.
Anyhow, I said my 2 cents, take it for what it's worth, I don't want to clog up this thread with any more of my "propaganda" and bullshit, I have a habit of that and I'm sorry. So back to shoe releases.  :)

mini greek

• Rep: 32
« Reply #12414 on: July 18, 2013, 04:19:46 PM »
Get litty.....

DeputyDoses

• Rep: 4
  • I look like Mel Gibson
« Reply #12415 on: July 18, 2013, 05:05:18 PM »
Vans Classics...

http://issuu.com/vsd-preorder/docs/vans_classics_feb2014

That first page with Era 59s and Old Skools looked solid. I didn't notice any suede slip ons though... Did anyone else?

_aminal

• Rep: -8
  • win some, lose most.
« Reply #12416 on: July 18, 2013, 08:40:24 PM »
That first page with Era 59s and Old Skools looked solid. I didn't notice any suede slip ons though... Did anyone else?

foot fungus harvesters?

nah but those aspca shoes are killing it

Ed's impossibles are like gonzs kickflips....

cletus the slack jawed yokel

• Rep: 7
  • big money big cars!
« Reply #12417 on: July 18, 2013, 11:23:00 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

foot fungus harvesters?

nah but those aspca shoes are killing it

at first i see the cats and i thought they were a tyler the creator colab

peewee

« Reply #12418 on: July 18, 2013, 11:29:19 PM »
those new Chris Coles are so disgusting

Bubblegum Tate

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #12419 on: July 18, 2013, 11:48:15 PM »
those new Chris Coles are so disgusting

haha yeah.

They should always have the Chris Cole S always in-stock. One of the best shoes I have ever skated.