Author Topic: Post UPCOMING/RECENT shoe releases thread  (Read 8693677 times)

Madam, I'm Adam

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1373
Re: Post UPCOMING/RECENT shoe releases thread
« Reply #28680 on: November 17, 2017, 06:27:51 PM »
Both Es and Emerica going out of their normal lines which look dope yet their parent company Etnies goes dull as a butter knife

I'd usually agree but I like the Harrison hitops in grey and blue. May check those out if they're not too clunky.

Avon

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: -2
« Reply #28681 on: November 17, 2017, 08:51:14 PM »
Hufs doing another run of those DYLAN Loafers. Limited to 150 pairs again and $250 price tag

Silky Johnson

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1361
« Reply #28682 on: November 17, 2017, 10:55:17 PM »
Thats awesome the Heath boot is coming back, still got a pair in the box and the low version as well
Didn't even notice those at first glance definitely gotta cop a pair of those.

Krooked antihero

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 159
« Reply #28683 on: November 18, 2017, 01:31:55 AM »
Eś second coming is reqlly growing on me, love that those swift 1.5’s look like creager x muska, both were my favorites back in the day.
europe's like the capitol of england and france and whatever

It sucks getting old.

tangar

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 64
  • THINK LESS
« Reply #28684 on: November 18, 2017, 08:13:47 AM »
For real, I’m trying to resist Es but the swift 1.5, the aura and even the new contract look super sick. Although I wouldn’t buy any unless I tried them on first. When I tried on the SLB and one of their other recent models they felt thinner than chucks.
Man the long board truck thing killed indy for me. I was willing to set aside the racism, but long boarding, gtfo... - DH

Mr. Kamikazi

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -113
  • 1,2,3,4, tell the people what she wore...
« Reply #28685 on: November 18, 2017, 08:32:26 AM »
The Emerica line is looking swell to say the very least. I like the Hsu's a lot. This makes things easier in terms of supporting skater owned as Huf and/or Emerica will be taking my money.

DaSk8D00D

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Rep: -108
  • Can't Leave SLAP Alone the Game Needs Me!
« Reply #28686 on: November 18, 2017, 09:01:34 AM »
For real, I’m trying to resist Es but the swift 1.5, the aura and even the new contract look super sick. Although I wouldn’t buy any unless I tried them on first. When I tried on the SLB and one of their other recent models they felt thinner than chucks.

I skated the accel slim which have the same sole as the SLB’s and while they were thin as shit with the stock ortholite, it’s like the perfect setup for thicker aftermarket insoles. I ripped out the ortholite and used some footprint custom orthotics and they were great after that

art hellman

• Trade Count: (+21)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1169
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #28687 on: November 18, 2017, 10:05:58 AM »
loved the original Contract shoe...
hardly art, hardly starving

Stoop Kid 2.0

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -312
  • I still fucking hate hipsters.
« Reply #28688 on: November 18, 2017, 12:58:43 PM »
I'm loving the new Reynolds model. Hopefully they do some colorways like these past ones.

Bubblegum Tate

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -1042
  • Slap's Resident Sneakerhead
    Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
    Gold Topic Start Gold Topic Start : Start a topic with over 10,000 replies.
« Reply #28689 on: November 18, 2017, 01:35:36 PM »

Same. I remember some retail ones had defects on the tongue. I had a Rick McCrank face on mine but with Tom Penny signature.

Other than that, the shoe skated great.

I wish eS would re-release the Arto 1's. Especially the grey suede ones. Bring me back to High School days.
Ethan Bubblegum Tate - Captain of the Harlem Globetrotters, lecturer of Physics at Globetrotter University.
Tate is one of the best posters that's not me

doublesteveburger

« Reply #28690 on: November 18, 2017, 01:50:45 PM »
Expand Quote
Thats awesome the Heath boot is coming back, still got a pair in the box and the low version as well
[close]
Didn't even notice those at first glance definitely gotta cop a pair of those.

Same. Those things are beautiful. How's the fit?

Atiba Applebum

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 268
« Reply #28691 on: November 18, 2017, 07:12:23 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

Same. I remember some retail ones had defects on the tongue. I had a Rick McCrank face on mine but with Tom Penny signature.

I wish eS would re-release the Arto 1's. Especially the grey suede ones. Bring me back to High School days.

That was peak Arto/es idolization phase for me.  One of the few pairs of older shoes I actually hung on to even though it’s beat to shit.  Wish I had more than just the one black pair and was bummed Arto literally never wore the shoe because he “felt weird” about wearing a shoe with his name on it or whatever.    Maybe that’s why it felt like the shoe didn’t last long and he was ready to jump over to Etnies. 

I would love a white/gum pair
« Last Edit: November 18, 2017, 07:14:30 PM by Atiba Applebum »

Bubblegum Tate

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #28692 on: November 18, 2017, 08:24:16 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

That was peak Arto/es idolization phase for me.  One of the few pairs of older shoes I actually hung on to even though it’s beat to shit.  Wish I had more than just the one black pair and was bummed Arto literally never wore the shoe because he “felt weird” about wearing a shoe with his name on it or whatever.    Maybe that’s why it felt like the shoe didn’t last long and he was ready to jump over to Etnies. 

I never liked any of his Etnies one. Sad to only have one eS pro model.
Ethan Bubblegum Tate - Captain of the Harlem Globetrotters, lecturer of Physics at Globetrotter University.

Atiba Applebum

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #28693 on: November 18, 2017, 09:46:20 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

[close]

Also on the topic of eS tongues, I loved the pro models with the plastic tag with their names over the eS.  I think this was the last one that did it, though maybe Vov’s did

Seadramon

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 230
« Reply #28694 on: November 18, 2017, 09:56:03 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

[close]

There was an unreleased second pro model with eS but it's no where near as nice as his debut shoe

DCLOVE

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -482
« Reply #28695 on: November 18, 2017, 11:18:36 PM »
Hufs doing another run of those DYLAN Loafers. Limited to 150 pairs again and $250 price tag

Damn I was hoping they were mass release. Dill and Huf need to work something out with his family to keep selling stuff he designed or they had planned and just give a chunk to leukemia foundations. Dylan had so much great design for items or at least unique and interesting that’s its a shame they don’t produce more. I understand not wanting to use his name for the sake of profit but I think he’s deserving of posthumous product releases. He loved designing his clothes and stuff and we should honor that by keeping it in production even if it’s just “designed by”and 15% goes to charity.
PINE 2009, 2010, 2011, 2020, PINE STILL MAKIN' MONEY.

Bubblegum Tate

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #28696 on: November 18, 2017, 11:22:15 PM »
He also had those tree logos on the Etnies Arto, looks he transferred those to his Etnies design.

Seadramon

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 230
« Reply #28697 on: November 19, 2017, 12:56:22 AM »
He also had those tree logos on the Etnies Arto, looks he transferred those to his Etnies design.

Yeah, it's practically the same outsole too. Interesting to see for sure.

Krooked antihero

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 159
« Reply #28698 on: November 19, 2017, 01:19:49 AM »
Thing with those two trees is that they are finnish wordplay for their crew, pub 26 and you can spot those trees in many Arto’s signature things. Also Tuukka Korhonen who use to ride for blueprint and etnies has those very same trees tattooed on his fingers...
europe's like the capitol of england and france and whatever

It sucks getting old.

Atiba Applebum

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #28699 on: November 19, 2017, 03:33:20 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

Yeah, it's practically the same outsole too. Interesting to see for sure.

He was wearing them during the Really Sorry Days.  So he must have just not liked his first ones for whatever reason.  Wish he just stayed on eS.

MonsPubis

• Rep: 20
« Reply #28700 on: November 19, 2017, 06:51:15 AM »
The Contract's have a stash pocket on the tongue. All that shit looks really good in person

Little Debbie

« Reply #28701 on: November 19, 2017, 09:07:54 AM »
Emerica is coming correct with that line up. nice looking Wino hi chukka boot, the Heath boot, they're still making a colorway of the Reynolds Low, plus that Dissent looks like a real workboot.

Bubblegum Tate

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #28702 on: November 19, 2017, 11:37:49 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]
Thing with those two trees is that they are finnish wordplay for their crew, pub 26 and you can spot those trees in many Arto’s signature things. Also Tuukka Korhonen who use to ride for blueprint and etnies has those very same trees tattooed on his fingers...

I had no idea. Thanks for the info. I believe some of the two trees logos ended up on some apparel designed by Arto as well.

Gray Imp Sausage Metal

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 120
  • We're just 2 lo(b)s(t)ers sitting behind a screen
« Reply #28703 on: November 19, 2017, 04:47:23 PM »
es accel plus everstitch = take my $$$
fuck yes!!!

Impish sausage is definitely gonna blow up as a euphemism this year

oyolar

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 382
« Reply #28704 on: November 19, 2017, 06:54:47 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

Damn I was hoping they were mass release. Dill and Huf need to work something out with his family to keep selling stuff he designed or they had planned and just give a chunk to leukemia foundations. Dylan had so much great design for items or at least unique and interesting that’s its a shame they don’t produce more. I understand not wanting to use his name for the sake of profit but I think he’s deserving of posthumous product releases. He loved designing his clothes and stuff and we should honor that by keeping it in production even if it’s just “designed by”and 15% goes to charity.

Someone correct me if I'm wrong, but I believe that is what they're doing with the loafers as well as his slip-on pro model.

(Full disclosure that I bought the loafers this morning and the leather feels super soft and high quality.)

DCLOVE

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -482
« Reply #28705 on: November 19, 2017, 08:31:53 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

Someone correct me if I'm wrong, but I believe that is what they're doing with the loafers as well as his slip-on pro model.

(Full disclosure that I bought the loafers this morning and the leather feels super soft and high quality.)

I meant maybe put more of his stuff out or re release it en masse and not sporadic sub 500 unit drops.
PINE 2009, 2010, 2011, 2020, PINE STILL MAKIN' MONEY.

Bubblegum Tate

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #28706 on: November 20, 2017, 01:54:25 AM »

finknoos

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -170
  • Typos here there and everywhere
« Reply #28707 on: November 20, 2017, 02:08:11 AM »

Deepern0ah

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 26