Author Topic: Post UPCOMING/RECENT shoe releases thread  (Read 8664214 times)

Filip, Snackbar and 3 Guests are viewing this topic.

Bubblegum Tate

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -1042
  • Slap's Resident Sneakerhead
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
    Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
    Gold Topic Start Gold Topic Start : Start a topic with over 10,000 replies.
Ethan Bubblegum Tate - Captain of the Harlem Globetrotters, lecturer of Physics at Globetrotter University.
Tate is one of the best posters that's not me

Leaky McBurnside

• Rep: 10
Re: Post UPCOMING/RECENT shoe releases thread
« Reply #30571 on: June 08, 2018, 06:55:46 PM »
I mean, they never use the OG tooling on those new retros (aside from the legacy, lynx, osiris d3) its always a variation on the OG tooling which costs just as much to produce molds for. Might aswell design something new if your already spending the money. But I do want to see a company hit the sweet spot with retros, not too bulky, all the original details and materials, and a longer toe. Id like to see eS redesign the Vireo or the Tribo. And a proper retro of the creager, not that god awful swift 1.5

I have heard that the Legacy and the LYNX from DC are all new tooling. Don't know the reasons why.

Sk.A.T.A.N

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 694
  • aka Sk.A.N.Y.E.
« Reply #30572 on: June 08, 2018, 07:04:36 PM »
Expand Quote
I mean, they never use the OG tooling on those new retros (aside from the legacy, lynx, osiris d3) its always a variation on the OG tooling which costs just as much to produce molds for. Might aswell design something new if your already spending the money. But I do want to see a company hit the sweet spot with retros, not too bulky, all the original details and materials, and a longer toe. Id like to see eS redesign the Vireo or the Tribo. And a proper retro of the creager, not that god awful swift 1.5
[close]

I have heard that the Legacy and the LYNX from DC are all new tooling. Don't know the reasons why.

Because most of the molds are pretty old and some werent kept, so you need to start from scratch and open new molds. Sometimes that might lead to not be exactly how it was before...

R.I.P RUSTY/FRIP

Randozzi

« Reply #30573 on: June 08, 2018, 09:30:37 PM »
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=djfnijxdFWs
Had the OGs and they were great, could only get a hold of one pair. Might have to get the black/white/gum pair.

fulfillthedream

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 305
« Reply #30574 on: June 09, 2018, 01:13:22 AM »
the contracts were so sick but eS team back then was so stacked...i like the relaunch but god damn they're fucking slipping on a proper team... so many dudes are hyped on IG but only wade, kelly and asta are on the team page..
Skateboarding is like jacking-off, it's that good- Jeremy Klein

[

kneebone

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 342
« Reply #30575 on: June 09, 2018, 06:56:01 AM »
the contracts were so sick but eS team back then was so stacked...i like the relaunch but god damn they're fucking slipping on a proper team... so many dudes are hyped on IG but only wade, kelly and asta are on the team page..
Not that this makes it a stacked team, but I noticed that Chris Cole was wearing white accel slims on his insta stories yesterday.  Probably just skating whatever he wants til he lands somewhere, but if it is indicative of a new sponsor it's an interesting move.

shit_for_brains

« Reply #30576 on: June 09, 2018, 07:22:02 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]
Not that this makes it a stacked team, but I noticed that Chris Cole was wearing white accel slims on his insta stories yesterday.  Probably just skating whatever he wants til he lands somewhere, but if it is indicative of a new sponsor it's an interesting move.

It's been like almost two years since the DC thing right? I was thinking "til he lands somewhere" for awhile too but it's been a looooong time

fulfillthedream

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 305
« Reply #30577 on: June 09, 2018, 08:49:40 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

yeah but they flow so many people. i remember when they first announced a "team" they had a lot of names on there . walker ryan woulda been a perfect fit
Skateboarding is like jacking-off, it's that good- Jeremy Klein

[

Leaky McBurnside

• Rep: 10
« Reply #30578 on: June 09, 2018, 09:23:45 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

Because most of the molds are pretty old and some werent kept, so you need to start from scratch and open new molds. Sometimes that might lead to not be exactly how it was before...

i have a pair of Lynx from 15 years ago and I have the reissue Lynx OG. I am not an engineer. They appear to be identical.

Violator

• Rep: 73
« Reply #30579 on: June 09, 2018, 10:17:19 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

[close]

i have a pair of Lynx from 15 years ago and I have the reissue Lynx OG. I am not an engineer. They appear to be identical.

Sk.A.T.A.N

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 694
  • aka Sk.A.N.Y.E.
« Reply #30580 on: June 09, 2018, 03:57:22 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

[close]

Of course they do, there's a lot of 3d scanners that can help to create new molds based on old shoes, but even that is not creating an 100% exact replica, is just a shortcut to help the process and get a base to work over.
https://www.instagram.com/p/BjoGv3ZHw6-/?utm_source=ig_share_sheet&igshid=pwa0en8iwlvq
I found this picture the other day, as you can see groove in the side is shallower in the reissues. Also it looks to me that the topline on the OG's tappers more to an thinner/pointier toe.
As you said, they look identical, but not exactly 100% the same, so I'm pretty sure they opened new molds.

R.I.P RUSTY/FRIP

oyolar

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 379
« Reply #30581 on: June 09, 2018, 04:54:58 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]
[close]

yeah but they flow so many people. i remember when they first announced a "team" they had a lot of names on there . walker ryan woulda been a perfect fit

They should bring Walker Ryan back on.

nopes

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 85
  • Bob loseedo wears a speedo
« Reply #30582 on: June 09, 2018, 06:36:38 PM »
the lynx now look like dad shoes for skaters

HangtenNoseblunt

• Rep: -189
« Reply #30584 on: June 10, 2018, 07:50:46 AM »
not impressed with a single shoe from those thats disappointing
Thank goodness we have HangtenNoseblunt in here as the voice of reason.

Stoop Kid 2.0

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -312
  • I still fucking hate hipsters.
« Reply #30585 on: June 10, 2018, 07:56:03 AM »
That Emerica catalog sucks. That sparky reserve shit is fucking dumb. Only decent shoe is the figgy in white/gum. Why are t we getting old school colorways of the Reynolds?

dumptruck12

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Rep: -102
« Reply #30586 on: June 10, 2018, 08:06:09 AM »
That Emerica catalog sucks. That sparky reserve shit is fucking dumb. Only decent shoe is the figgy in white/gum. Why are t we getting old school colorways of the Reynolds?

Why are you crying on slap?

Mr. Kamikazi

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -116
  • 1,2,3,4, tell the people what she wore...
« Reply #30587 on: June 10, 2018, 08:30:48 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

Why are you crying on slap?

I like the Spanky Reserve.

planman

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 371
  • Morpheus drinking a 40 in a death basket
« Reply #30588 on: June 10, 2018, 11:27:43 AM »
Ronnie Creager fully on eS coming soon?

I saw your mom do a ollie to cooch drop straight down the big black pole, it was gnarly. she defiantly shut that shit down

Sad Hippo

« Reply #30589 on: June 10, 2018, 12:06:55 PM »
I like a lot of that ‘es stuff. Those tech sweat suits are awful though... Those Spanky chola Lugz are hilarious.

alraunen

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 240
    • www.davidcampillo.net avatar image
« Reply #30590 on: June 10, 2018, 12:24:56 PM »

nylin

« Reply #30591 on: June 10, 2018, 01:16:16 PM »

Beautiful. So good with the vans Carroll colorways.

Sk8 Prick

• Rep: -6
« Reply #30592 on: June 10, 2018, 01:44:20 PM »
Still no white/gum Reynolds sigh. I think eS omitted the word poop when naming that shoe the silo.. although, I  do applaud bold designs and hope they become more present in the near future. I think a lot of that wardrobe is interesting as well, definitely would have been all over that sh*t in highschool. I like that eS is slowly returning to the more athletic vibe they had in the early 00's. I've always felt they should have embraced that fully and left the tonal, vulc stuff for emerica and etnies.. but obviously I get it, trends = money etc. etc.
« Last Edit: June 10, 2018, 01:49:09 PM by Sk8 Prick »

DaSk8D00D

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Rep: -108
  • Can't Leave SLAP Alone the Game Needs Me!
« Reply #30593 on: June 10, 2018, 02:05:06 PM »
As much as those eS Silos look like some bootleg Jordan’s, I actually kind of like them. Those brown Accel plus don’t look bad either. Kudos to eS for at least trying to come through with some varied cupsole options. maybe it’s just me but as a consumer I’m actually pretty bored with the current shoe market. A lot of these companies offerings are overall pretty bland with a few exceptions. It would be nice to see skate shoes develop more of their own aesthetic again because now it seems like it’s all about making everyday retro or lifestyle models skateable, as opposed to making skate-specific models from scratch
« Last Edit: June 10, 2018, 02:32:31 PM by DaSk8D00D »

DCLOVE

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -479
« Reply #30594 on: June 10, 2018, 02:07:11 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]
[close]

[close]

They should bring Walker Ryan back on.

He seems like a super nice and well read dude who also rips and has a good eye for spots and trick selection. I wonder why he can’t get legit sponsors? I feel like he’s too smart to have on teams full of high school drop outs making him unrelatable.
PINE 2009, 2010, 2011, 2020, PINE STILL MAKIN' MONEY.

pizzafliptofakie

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1963
« Reply #30595 on: June 10, 2018, 02:12:44 PM »
I wish I was hyped on  that Emerica catalog, but I'm just not. 

Roisto

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 474
« Reply #30596 on: June 10, 2018, 02:48:08 PM »
I liked that Emerica catalog and usually I don't like anything.  :D

Those Dickson slip ons look great. Definitely getting some shoes from that catalog.

oyolar

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 379
« Reply #30597 on: June 10, 2018, 10:06:36 PM »
Expand Quote

[close]

Beautiful. So good with the vans Carroll colorways.

Make them white ones VLK and I'm down.

Sad Hippo

« Reply #30598 on: June 10, 2018, 10:15:43 PM »
That enigma colorway is still gross.

Gray Imp Sausage Metal

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 75
  • We're just 2 lo(b)s(t)ers sitting behind a screen
« Reply #30599 on: June 10, 2018, 10:20:34 PM »