Author Topic: Post UPCOMING/RECENT shoe releases thread  (Read 8687068 times)

DISTANT RUMOURS

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 397
Re: Post UPCOMING/RECENT shoe releases thread
« Reply #30600 on: June 10, 2018, 11:31:38 PM »
That enigma colorway is still gross.

*TRIGGERED*

concerned_parent

• Trade Count: (+11)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 283
« Reply #30601 on: June 11, 2018, 04:10:55 AM »
anyone else think that provost shoe looks a little similar to that old vans zero lo shoe

side note i had these exact shoes and they were fucking awesome. my bad ankles now long for these days.
good come sausage

SodaJerk

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1085
  • Butterscotch yo!
« Reply #30602 on: June 11, 2018, 04:43:51 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
That Emerica catalog sucks. That sparky reserve shit is fucking dumb. Only decent shoe is the figgy in white/gum. Why are t we getting old school colorways of the Reynolds?
[close]

Why are you crying on slap?
[close]

I like the Spanky Reserve.
why wouldn't you just buy Dr. Martens?

Little Debbie

« Reply #30603 on: June 11, 2018, 07:22:40 AM »
Emerica is kinda blowing it with these catalogs, I've been waiting for a Wino High or Laced high in brown leather that doesn't look cheaply made and with shitty leather, and I guess I'll have to keep waiting. Dickson's leather slip-ons look the best, I agree. Spanky Reserve could look good if it wasn't blue; most skaters who need dress shoes need them in brown or black. looks like the Empire didn't stick around, that looked like a nice team shoe, might try it if I can still find it in a few months.

The Kalis x Manolo joints look way good, although I would never be able to pull them off. and the Hawk pro model looks nice, although I agree the colorway might be a little busy. if the toe cap and heel bumper were tan/white instead of black...

drinny

• Rep: 22
« Reply #30604 on: June 11, 2018, 08:55:42 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
I mean, they never use the OG tooling on those new retros (aside from the legacy, lynx, osiris d3) its always a variation on the OG tooling which costs just as much to produce molds for. Might aswell design something new if your already spending the money. But I do want to see a company hit the sweet spot with retros, not too bulky, all the original details and materials, and a longer toe. Id like to see eS redesign the Vireo or the Tribo. And a proper retro of the creager, not that god awful swift 1.5
[close]

I have heard that the Legacy and the LYNX from DC are all new tooling. Don't know the reasons why.
[close]

Because most of the molds are pretty old and some werent kept, so you need to start from scratch and open new molds. Sometimes that might lead to not be exactly how it was before...
[close]

i have a pair of Lynx from 15 years ago and I have the reissue Lynx OG. I am not an engineer. They appear to be identical.
[close]

Of course they do, there's a lot of 3d scanners that can help to create new molds based on old shoes, but even that is not creating an 100% exact replica, is just a shortcut to help the process and get a base to work over.

I found this picture the other day, as you can see groove in the side is shallower in the reissues. Also it looks to me that the topline on the OG's tappers more to an thinner/pointier toe.
As you said, they look identical, but not exactly 100% the same, so I'm pretty sure they opened new molds.

Those blue Lynx don't look like first edition to me, the nyloops for a start. The red ones p.much spot on... gave mine away back in the day anyway. Not for me and couldn't pull off the dope.

drinny

• Rep: 22
« Reply #30605 on: June 11, 2018, 09:03:23 AM »
and gone off my accel slims now, yay black/black/black finally! but moving the vamp = sudden onset excruciating pain on push foot the other week :(

Watson

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 2226
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
    Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #30606 on: June 11, 2018, 09:33:07 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
I mean, they never use the OG tooling on those new retros (aside from the legacy, lynx, osiris d3) its always a variation on the OG tooling which costs just as much to produce molds for. Might aswell design something new if your already spending the money. But I do want to see a company hit the sweet spot with retros, not too bulky, all the original details and materials, and a longer toe. Id like to see eS redesign the Vireo or the Tribo. And a proper retro of the creager, not that god awful swift 1.5
[close]

I have heard that the Legacy and the LYNX from DC are all new tooling. Don't know the reasons why.
[close]

Because most of the molds are pretty old and some werent kept, so you need to start from scratch and open new molds. Sometimes that might lead to not be exactly how it was before...
[close]

i have a pair of Lynx from 15 years ago and I have the reissue Lynx OG. I am not an engineer. They appear to be identical.
[close]

Of course they do, there's a lot of 3d scanners that can help to create new molds based on old shoes, but even that is not creating an 100% exact replica, is just a shortcut to help the process and get a base to work over.

I found this picture the other day, as you can see groove in the side is shallower in the reissues. Also it looks to me that the topline on the OG's tappers more to an thinner/pointier toe.
As you said, they look identical, but not exactly 100% the same, so I'm pretty sure they opened new molds.
[close]

Those blue Lynx don't look like first edition to me, the nyloops for a start. The red ones p.much spot on... gave mine away back in the day anyway. Not for me and couldn't pull off the dope.

Those navy ones are women's Lynx that came out in around 2004 I would guess. I bought a pair for my mom back in the day :)

pizzafliptofakie

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1958
« Reply #30607 on: June 11, 2018, 10:03:55 AM »
I liked that Emerica catalog and usually I don't like anything.  :D

Those Dickson slip ons look great. Definitely getting some shoes from that catalog.

I’m a little burned on Emerica from the slip on, actually. I got the Provost ones and the stretch band blew out almost immediately. The shoe is still in great condition otherwise, but it just feels way too floppy to skate or even comfortably wear.

Roisto

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 474
« Reply #30608 on: June 11, 2018, 10:21:11 AM »
Expand Quote

Those Dickson slip ons look great. Definitely getting some shoes from that catalog.
[close]

I’m a little burned on Emerica from the slip on, actually. I got the Provost ones and the stretch band blew out almost immediately. The shoe is still in great condition otherwise, but it just feels way too floppy to skate or even comfortably wear.

I got a pair of those about a week ago. Haven't skated them yet or worn other than testing out but I do like how they look and fit. I think I'll superglue the stitching before I skate them based on your advice. I've never skated a slip on before and I hate ripping laces, so there's some potential here. I usually do rip the laces on the top hole first, so I might get the same problem as you with the stitching. Thanks for the heads up!  :)

lamfordie

• Trade Count: (-1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 285
« Reply #30609 on: June 11, 2018, 01:38:19 PM »
The eS silo reminds me of the the Kyrie 4 basketball shoe.

Firebert

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 230
    • Instagram avatar image
« Reply #30610 on: June 11, 2018, 02:04:29 PM »
Expand Quote

[close]

I got one where they didn't even bother stitching the band. Also have had to send back several pairs of Reynolds that were defective. (at least 5)

Maybe they're trying out a new "lower quality" marketing campaign?

DISTANT RUMOURS

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 397
« Reply #30611 on: June 11, 2018, 02:27:05 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]

Pretty sure those blue ones are not from the first series.

Also could it be those retro's are samples?

These were sale on eBay and look totally different shape wise. Look at the sole for instance. Definitely gets thinner towards the toe, how it should be. Also the panelling is cut WAY better.

SodaJerk

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1085
  • Butterscotch yo!
« Reply #30612 on: June 11, 2018, 03:11:53 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]

Those navy ones are women's Lynx that came out in around 2004 I would guess. I bought a pair for my mom back in the day :)
What's her ledge game like?

Watson

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 2226
    Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #30613 on: June 11, 2018, 03:53:39 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]
What's her ledge game like?

Half cab crooks for days.

Seadramon

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 230
« Reply #30614 on: June 11, 2018, 05:18:05 PM »
Hyped that Ronnie gets an es colour way.

They better put him fully on.

pointandclick

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 245
« Reply #30615 on: June 11, 2018, 05:24:15 PM »
anyone else think that provost shoe looks a little similar to that old vans zero lo shoe

side note i had these exact shoes and they were fucking awesome. my bad ankles now long for these days.

more recently a dekline jaws

nosneb

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Rep: 88
« Reply #30616 on: June 11, 2018, 06:51:05 PM »
Here is an ad from 98

iwishilivedinfinla

« Reply #30617 on: June 11, 2018, 08:47:01 PM »
the Zero Lo was such a sick shoe, as long as you swapped out the faux-leather insole with a real one

that shit gave me blisters on a level i didn't think was possible

UserFame

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -159
« Reply #30618 on: June 12, 2018, 02:58:44 AM »
Here is an ad from 98

that was such a sick ad!

I think Kalis is the most photogenic skateboarder ever!
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Silky Johnson

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1361
« Reply #30619 on: June 12, 2018, 03:22:35 AM »
Cardiel in my opinion

drunk guy

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 93
« Reply #30620 on: June 12, 2018, 03:37:46 AM »
The eS silo reminds me of the the Kyrie 4 basketball shoe.
es should start to try to cross over into basketball soccer and running shoes. Then once they start to catch on re work some of the the silohettes into skate shoes again like Nike does with their catalog. Boom I may have of singlehandedly saved the skate shoes industry.

Deepern0ah

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 26
« Reply #30621 on: June 12, 2018, 06:30:27 AM »

Deepern0ah

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #30622 on: June 12, 2018, 06:41:31 AM »

ungzilla

« Reply #30623 on: June 12, 2018, 06:57:22 AM »
i'm glad vans is still making the ultrarange. i bought some at the outlet because cheap and they're my favorite shoes in a while. really stable, my feet feel very safe in them, if that makes sense. extremely good heel lock without tying them particularly tight... the trade off is that the first couple of sessions burned on the back of my ankle. they're also light as shit, and the sole is lasting forever, which is not a common quality for vans.

Deepern0ah

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #30624 on: June 12, 2018, 07:03:45 AM »

Deepern0ah

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #30625 on: June 12, 2018, 07:07:40 AM »

Zurg

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 694
« Reply #30626 on: June 12, 2018, 07:23:48 AM »
those lakai cambridge are actually pretty nice looking. dc should stick to retroing shit. all those looked awful and they dont have much of an identity outside of their retro stuff. i didnt even know those first 4 pairs were dc's. everyone seems to be clamoring for the retro stuff, though and i dont think its just because its limited

Sk8 Prick

• Rep: -8
« Reply #30627 on: June 12, 2018, 07:55:21 AM »
those lakai cambridge are actually pretty nice looking. dc should stick to retroing shit. all those looked awful and they dont have much of an identity outside of their retro stuff. i didnt even know those first 4 pairs were dc's. everyone seems to be clamoring for the retro stuff, though and i dont think its just because its limited
I hate to say it, but honestly not many brands have really had an identity outside of their logo the past few years imo. Not only has most of the market been vulc, but they literally use the same paneling!!?? How many times do we have to see the same f*cking shoes? yeah sure they sell, but they sell because thats all they offer.. and if they do make a cupsole it rarely looks original. I think thats what makes the retros enticing. Its like OK, Ive seen a nollie flip a million fucking times, the camera is always pointed at the shoes. if Im going to see another one (which i will) give me something else interesting to look at while Im watching it

DaSk8D00D

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Rep: -108
  • Can't Leave SLAP Alone the Game Needs Me!
« Reply #30628 on: June 12, 2018, 08:22:36 AM »
i'm glad vans is still making the ultrarange. i bought some at the outlet because cheap and they're my favorite shoes in a while. really stable, my feet feel very safe in them, if that makes sense. extremely good heel lock without tying them particularly tight... the trade off is that the first couple of sessions burned on the back of my ankle. they're also light as shit, and the sole is lasting forever, which is not a common quality for vans.

Ultrarange Pro’s were a sleeper hit for me. Got em off a SLAP trade but they’d be a steal of you can grab them on sale. Durable, have a solid midsole, AND the laces are placed so they don’t rip nearly as fast as most other shoes. Went half a size up and they fit perfectly. If Vans made more models with that tooling & all the little features I’d actually buy them more often

Nate.Dog

• Rep: -9
« Reply #30629 on: June 12, 2018, 10:49:02 AM »

Oh man why do they gotta keep doing gilbert like that? they make an amazing shoe with great potential for cool clean color blocking and they keep pumping out shit like this