Author Topic: Post UPCOMING/RECENT shoe releases thread  (Read 8685937 times)

Paco Supreme

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 530
  • One Trick Pony
Re: Post UPCOMING/RECENT shoe releases thread
« Reply #31020 on: August 03, 2018, 04:46:02 AM »
No offence, but these literally look like what my punk girlfriend in high school would do to her chucks to make them 'edgy'...

This is beyond terrible.

None of that was offensive, Swan Pablo is skateboardings edgy girlfriend

nickelflip

• Rep: 2
« Reply #31021 on: August 03, 2018, 06:40:54 AM »
thanks boys, being eyeing them up for a min now and have needed some new winter boots for a while now. Want to buy the slip ons too but not sure if I can skate in them at my age...

I would not recommend Ed's boot for the winter. They're not going to be very warm and the crepe sole isn't good for wet, snowy, and icy surfaces (hence "desert boot.") I treat them more like a dress shoe. I bought the new Romero High Winterized shoe and that would work alot better as a winter boot. Waterproof, gusseted tongue, hiking laces, Sherpa liner, with the grippy Romero sole.

Nigga

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 5
  • PHILA
« Reply #31022 on: August 03, 2018, 08:23:10 AM »
Expand Quote
thanks boys, being eyeing them up for a min now and have needed some new winter boots for a while now. Want to buy the slip ons too but not sure if I can skate in them at my age...
[close]

I would not recommend Ed's boot for the winter. They're not going to be very warm and the crepe sole isn't good for wet, snowy, and icy surfaces (hence "desert boot.") I treat them more like a dress shoe. I bought the new Romero High Winterized shoe and that would work alot better as a winter boot. Waterproof, gusseted tongue, hiking laces, Sherpa liner, with the grippy Romero sole.

buying a skate brand knock off version of some winter boots is the equivalent of a corpo company coming in and making their version of skate shoes lmao yall some fuckin hypocrites what about the core hiking culture you fuckin culture vultures smdh im about to go to the damn merril boot message boards and see what trent is saying about you appropriating his fucking outdoor culture

swagdragon123

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -105
  • I take my internet usernames xtremly serious
    • HOBOHOGAN avatar image
« Reply #31023 on: August 03, 2018, 08:42:32 AM »

No offence, but these literally look like what my punk girlfriend in high school would do to her chucks to make them 'edgy'...

This is beyond terrible.
You're out of touch if you don't understand that that's probably the highest complement you could give these shoes

oyolar

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 381
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #31024 on: August 03, 2018, 11:09:05 AM »
Expand Quote

My only thing to note (which isn't an issue) is that they are slim and (pleasantly) tight fitting so when I'm putting them on, I have to make sure that the laces are as loose as possible to get my foot in without tearing any stitching. No big deal though.
[close]

hey oyolar, since you mentioned that they fit slim and tight, and i'm between an 8.5(snug) and 9(snug enough but some wiggle room for the toe section), would you recommend going for the bigger size?

Yeah, I'd say go for the 9.

Little Debbie

« Reply #31025 on: August 03, 2018, 02:35:45 PM »
Manchester cup is returning, or something very closely based on it. Rejoice!

snowman600

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 725
« Reply #31026 on: August 03, 2018, 02:56:52 PM »

oh fuck oh fuck oh fuck

Hypnotoad

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 158
« Reply #31027 on: August 03, 2018, 04:50:34 PM »
Expand Quote

[close]

oh fuck oh fuck oh fuck

http://lakai.com/sheffield-xlk-shoe-ms3180101b00-bkgsu

Sheffield XLK. you can read more about it on Lakai's site. 

snowman600

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 725
« Reply #31028 on: August 03, 2018, 05:00:17 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

oh fuck oh fuck oh fuck
[close]

ew nevermind. thanks hypnotoad for snapping me out of it.
should've called it "lakai derpchester"
here's a 10 minute photoshop mockup depicting what they designed, and what I wish they'd design.
« Last Edit: August 03, 2018, 05:37:15 PM by snowman600 »

switch209

• Rep: -14
« Reply #31029 on: August 03, 2018, 08:04:54 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

oh fuck oh fuck oh fuck
[close]

[close]
ew nevermind. thanks hypnotoad for snapping me out of it.
should've called it "lakai derpchester"
here's a 10 minute photoshop mockup depicting what they designed, and what I wish they'd design.

They remind me slightly of the Etnies Joslin coming out, except I actually want the Joslins

Binomial Nomenclature

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 107
« Reply #31030 on: August 04, 2018, 05:10:55 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

oh fuck oh fuck oh fuck
[close]

If they just did a black/gum with a white lakai logo I would buy. That was one of my all time favorite shoes.

Gray Imp Sausage Metal

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 112
  • We're just 2 lo(b)s(t)ers sitting behind a screen
« Reply #31031 on: August 04, 2018, 05:13:10 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

buying a skate brand knock off version of some winter boots is the equivalent of a corpo company coming in and making their version of skate shoes lmao yall some fuckin hypocrites what about the core hiking culture you fuckin culture vultures smdh im about to go to the damn merril boot message boards and see what trent is saying about you appropriating his fucking outdoor culture
you sound mad!
I just want some nice vegan work boots for the colder months and don’t mind giving Ed my money. Way to overreact though!

Impish sausage is definitely gonna blow up as a euphemism this year

heritage

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 98
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
    Silver Topic Start Silver Topic Start : Start a topic with over 5,000 replies.
« Reply #31032 on: August 04, 2018, 07:01:55 AM »

The XLK sole is the best thing Lakai ever developed. I am still sitting on a pretty decent stash of Howard XLK, both the low and desert boot. SFB can attest as we were just talking about the shoe this week. It looked like Carroll was wearing a very similar looking shoe to the Howard when he was on KOTR. I am hoping Lakai find it in their hearts to do a limited re-run of Rick's shoe. It was easily my favorite Lakai shoe ever. The profile, slim fit, heel lock, and of course XLK.

shit_for_brains

« Reply #31033 on: August 04, 2018, 07:15:10 AM »
I would 100% buy a Howard XLK reissue

j....soy.....

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1578
« Reply #31034 on: August 04, 2018, 07:58:20 AM »
Never realized they did a Flaco mid....doesn't look to impressive but I might try em at some point....

micky682

« Reply #31035 on: August 04, 2018, 09:07:30 AM »
I would 100% buy a Howard XLK reissue
All their shoes should be on the XLK

alraunen

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 244
    • www.davidcampillo.net avatar image
« Reply #31036 on: August 04, 2018, 01:43:45 PM »
I'm wondering how lakai is doing with @ahoov, they definitely improved their catalogues. Looking forward to get the protos in white, they look perfect to skate

Deekay

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 125
« Reply #31037 on: August 04, 2018, 04:31:17 PM »
Did anyone catch the éS catalog before it got blocked? Trying to figure out the release date on the Scheme.

RossDailey

• Rep: -54
« Reply #31038 on: August 04, 2018, 07:52:51 PM »
Ask ye shall receive

Spring 19 es Catalog

https://1drv.ms/b/s!Ahj0exw6XuF_iq0Cnk8AhukH14YyGg

HugeBodBoyle

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 686
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
« Reply #31039 on: August 04, 2018, 08:43:27 PM »
Ask ye shall receive

Spring 19 es Catalog

Cannot lie, that Swift 1.5 has my attention.

straight

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 982
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #31040 on: August 04, 2018, 08:49:55 PM »
those adidas numbers shoes look nice minus the numbers part
What kind of mikey taylor logic is this?

Seadramon

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 230
« Reply #31041 on: August 04, 2018, 10:58:23 PM »
So is Ronnie fully on eS or....?

Deekay

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 125
« Reply #31042 on: August 05, 2018, 02:23:12 AM »
Ask ye shall receive

Spring 19 es Catalog

You're the man, thank you so much

Edit:
It seems like the Scheme has it's own little catalog? (https://soletechnology-catalogues.cld.bz/)
Did anyone happen to catch it or know the release dates or anything?
« Last Edit: August 05, 2018, 02:28:15 AM by Deekay »

oyolar

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 381
« Reply #31043 on: August 05, 2018, 12:34:26 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

[close]
you sound mad!
I just want some nice vegan work boots for the colder months and don’t mind giving Ed my money. Way to overreact though!

I don't recommend getting them for winter unless it's a mild winter. They do feel pretty waterproof (I walked in rain with them and my feet didn't get wet), but they're not particularly insulated. They're good autumn and spring boots.

I hope Emerica sees an uptick in sales because according to IG, Kevin Baekkel is killing CPHPRO.

Nigga

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 5
  • PHILA
« Reply #31044 on: August 05, 2018, 03:49:56 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

[close]
you sound mad!

i was just kidding  ;D

Gray Imp Sausage Metal

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 112
  • We're just 2 lo(b)s(t)ers sitting behind a screen
« Reply #31045 on: August 05, 2018, 05:53:33 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

[close]
you sound mad!
[close]

I don't recommend getting them for winter unless it's a mild winter. They do feel pretty waterproof (I walked in rain with them and my feet didn't get wet), but they're not particularly insulated.
all good, they are only going to be used in my office, not like I'm going on arctic missions in them. props to all of you for your reviews on them though!

Impish sausage is definitely gonna blow up as a euphemism this year

Jared

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 59
  • Die Slow
« Reply #31046 on: August 05, 2018, 11:09:52 PM »
Ask ye shall receive

Spring 19 es Catalog

Big ups to éS for continuing to make the accel slims in the all black. Also if they make the silos in an all black I’d buy them.

harrison ford invented the first car, in America

DISTANT RUMOURS

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 397
« Reply #31047 on: August 06, 2018, 12:52:34 AM »
These are pretty incredible

concerned_parent

• Trade Count: (+11)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 283
« Reply #31048 on: August 06, 2018, 04:05:48 AM »
I’ve got Vans SK8 Hi MTEs as my motorbike shoes. Sure, they’re not as protective as real motorbike shoes or boots but those are all clunky and ugly as fuck. Got sick of shoes I couldn’t really walk around with comfortably. So far I’ve really liked them. Haven’t crashed with them but I’m sure I’ll get fucked up anyway if I ever do crash so I’m not too worried.

I’d say that a big thing on shoes you want for motorcycling is that they have a gusseted tongue to keep the breeze out. Dunno if the Shifters have that. Also worth getting something where the laces won’t get stuck on your shifter too easily. Other than that, my advice isn’t very motorbike specific.

Edit: Also I didn’t get the Romero Hi Chelsea boots cuz I was worried they wouldn’t stay on during a crash. The brown ones looked very nice but motorbike stuff is like skate stuff. No matter how good it is, if it gives you some doubt, it’s not gonna work. Not saying my Vans are much better but at least they don’t affect my feeling and confidence on the bike negatively even if it’s a false feeling of security.

ridgemont outfitters outback boots. they look like a sneaker but have the function of a good boot and also there's like a collab pair with iron n' resin with a shifter toe and additional support. seeing people ride in skate shoes makes me cringe, but if you must, sk8-hi's seem to be the weapon of choice. all hail the chop gods ride on to valhalla

https://ridgemontoutfitters.com/collections/outback-ii-x-iron-and-resin/products/outback-x-inr-black
good come sausage

CINCINNATI

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 116
« Reply #31049 on: August 06, 2018, 10:23:55 AM »
These are pretty incredible

if only they were pros