Author Topic: Post UPCOMING/RECENT shoe releases thread  (Read 8664140 times)

mamba and 4 Guests are viewing this topic.

Donkey Lips

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1019
Re: Post UPCOMING/RECENT shoe releases thread
« Reply #31170 on: August 21, 2018, 12:29:48 PM »
Expand Quote

Its just a print guys (not sure if pointing the obvious)... I think it's funny and genius at the same time.
[close]

Ah, thank you.  I did not understand what the hell was going on here.  I’d want a pair if it wasn’t such an inside joke.  Not worth fielding the questions from randos.

Edit: To clarify what skatan is saying, these are not vulcanized Circa Muska’s, they are slip ons with a photo of Circa Muskas printed on them.  I was thoroughly confused, and it seems like several of you guys are as well.

lol the Chad Tepper guy was on the MTV show where he cried at Skatopia.

franc

• Rep: 96
« Reply #31171 on: August 21, 2018, 01:41:24 PM »
Expand Quote
Crockett has been wearing a lovely colorway of his shoe for a while now, I wonder when it's coming out. Does anyone know?

https://www.instagram.com/p/BmcFCRdnXWN/?taken-by=ceeblues
[close]

I hope it's white suede and not a cap.

Pretty sure it's gonna be suede like all the colorways that have been released so far.

I think it’s a colorway just for him. I don’t think they’ll make it to production.

Somebody asked him about it in the comments and he said it was a "Crockett 2 colorway that’s not out yet".

I DM'd him about these a while ago and he told me that these were coming out at some point but he didn't know when.

doublesteveburger

« Reply #31172 on: August 21, 2018, 04:16:16 PM »
Expand Quote
The State catalog was fine.. Some of them are okay some aren't.. I get a mixed feeling of State looking like Habitat shoes and Dekline shoes combined.. Didn't they buy lasts from one of them?
[close]

Don't know what that means but I remember reading that State was a lot of the same people from Habitat shoes and Dekline.

yeah but didn't they buy lasts from one of them though?

fergus

• Rep: 45
« Reply #31173 on: August 21, 2018, 05:28:33 PM »
Expand Quote
The State catalog was fine.. Some of them are okay some aren't.. I get a mixed feeling of State looking like Habitat shoes and Dekline shoes combined.. Didn't they buy lasts from one of them?
[close]

This is how I've been feeling about State. To me it seems that they are appealing to the same people who skate in Hufs or Vans, just not done as well. I feel most of their designs are tasteless, and something just feels odd about them.. Perhaps those lasts are just outdated at this point(?)

I'm skating some State Keys and the Albany and so far they are lasting longer than any pair of hufs or vans I've had.
I can see why people aren't into the plain designs but the shoes themselves skate good.

Gray Imp Sausage Metal

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 75
  • We're just 2 lo(b)s(t)ers sitting behind a screen
« Reply #31174 on: August 21, 2018, 06:04:41 PM »
The design/ quality on States is way above anything vans or huf could put out at the moment.

Impish sausage is definitely gonna blow up as a euphemism this year

nopes

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 85
  • Bob loseedo wears a speedo
« Reply #31175 on: August 21, 2018, 07:08:01 PM »
yeah my keys have been lasting way longer than and vans ive had recently. my albanys should be here this week otherwise i would keep these going.

Spaced Cadet

• Rep: 111
« Reply #31176 on: August 21, 2018, 08:17:08 PM »
States may not appeal to everyone but the quality is definitely there for people that like them. I've had like 6 pairs so far and they've been consistently great.

JPeterman

• Rep: 4
  • It'll always be Myanmar to me
« Reply #31177 on: August 21, 2018, 10:18:22 PM »
Definitely keen on the States after that catalogue. Would like to try something other than Emericas for a change. Anyone know where I could cop in Australia?

Mystical Leader

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -130
« Reply #31178 on: August 22, 2018, 01:11:26 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

Don't know what that means but I remember reading that State was a lot of the same people from Habitat shoes and Dekline.
[close]

I'm not sure but I figure there is some confusion about lasts:

as much as I like minimal designs in skate shoes most of the States just look outdated.. Even the colours they use, which are nice on their own, but come on earth tones and pastels what is this shit lakai circa 2012?  Mix it a up a little and I'll buy them but for now vans and huf can take my money if I want to buy skate brand shoes.. Their quality is there too if you want vulcanized shoes

Coolhats

« Reply #31179 on: August 22, 2018, 04:30:39 AM »
I like their image and the team. The shoes just look generic though, kind of like knock off skate shoes. I think that was the problem with Dekline too, to me they just end up looking cheap.

Pigeon

« Reply #31180 on: August 22, 2018, 07:08:28 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

[close]

I'm not sure but I figure there is some confusion about lasts

as much as I like minimal designs in skate shoes most of the States just look outdated.. Even the colours they use, which are nice on their own, but come on earth tones and pastels what is this shit lakai circa 2012?  Mix it a up a little and I'll buy them but for now vans and huf can take my money if I want to buy skate brand shoes.. Their quality is there too if you want vulcanized shoes
Shoe lasts are pretty much mannequin feet. They’re used in shoe manufacturing.

I’m glad you pay for shoes on a weekly basis because you’re a fucking idiot. State has decent quality and is the closest to Gravis that we’ll probably have. The quality of outsoles in Vans and HUF has significantly gotten worse in the past five years. You mentioned that State looks outdated when every Vans pro-model is a combination of: Authentic, Era, Chukka, Old School, Sk8-Hi. Then, you hated on State colorways, when the only pastel-looking thing they put out were the Keys in mint, which actually look decent in person. The Cromer has one shitty colorway per season, and you can find a shitty colorway on every page of a Vans catalog.

State has clean-looking, durable shoes without giant logos on the sides.

Firebert

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 225
    • Instagram avatar image
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #31181 on: August 22, 2018, 08:04:24 AM »
Adidas 3st.003

Nate.Dog

• Rep: -9
« Reply #31182 on: August 22, 2018, 10:30:28 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

[close]

I'm not sure but I figure there is some confusion about lasts

[close]
Shoe lasts are pretty much mannequin feet. They’re used in shoe manufacturing.

I’m glad you pay for shoes on a weekly basis because you’re a fucking idiot. State has decent quality and is the closest to Gravis that we’ll probably have. The quality of outsoles in Vans and HUF has significantly gotten worse in the past five years. You mentioned that State looks outdated when every Vans pro-model is a combination of: Authentic, Era, Chukka, Old School, Sk8-Hi. Then, you hated on State colorways, when the only pastel-looking thing they put out were the Keys in mint, which actually look decent in person. The Cromer has one shitty colorway per season, and you can find a shitty colorway on every page of a Vans catalog.

State has clean-looking, durable shoes without giant logos on the sides.

Alright, your state shop-flow, we get it. You can't tell me those rubber toed dress shoe-esque monstrosities posted above look good though. (for the record I do actually really like state you're just super up in arms about this)

RossDailey

• Rep: -54
« Reply #31183 on: August 22, 2018, 11:45:35 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
That State catalog is beyond excellent.
[close]

10/10 Will Fuck W/ The States Now
[close]
It honestly isn't much different from their other catalogues, what was it specifically that had you creaming over this one?
ttytt I think they are missing some of their better models like the Madison and their half cab and those Harlems just look so uncomfortable to me.

They got the black suede & white sole going on w/ all but one of the models & even that just has black n white + gum.

That's just my skate shoe OCD.

daewonbong3000

• Rep: 10
« Reply #31184 on: August 22, 2018, 05:57:30 PM »
the catalog was nicer than the shoes.

i can't unsee that Airspeed stripe.

Haha holy shit

Gray Imp Sausage Metal

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 75
  • We're just 2 lo(b)s(t)ers sitting behind a screen
« Reply #31185 on: August 22, 2018, 06:16:54 PM »
Even the colours they use, which are nice on their own, but come on earth tones and pastels what is this shit lakai circa 2012?  Mix it a up a little and I'll buy them but for now vans can take my money
Mint vs this:

Impish sausage is definitely gonna blow up as a euphemism this year

DCLOVE

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -479
« Reply #31186 on: August 22, 2018, 06:29:50 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

Pretty sure the combo was deklines lasts and manufacturing stuff and habitats designers.

And having skated a pair, minus the canvas rips on the first run these are better than most vulc stuff right now .
PINE 2009, 2010, 2011, 2020, PINE STILL MAKIN' MONEY.

hmmmokay

« Reply #31187 on: August 22, 2018, 07:39:40 PM »
Expand Quote
Even the colours they use, which are nice on their own, but come on earth tones and pastels what is this shit lakai circa 2012?  Mix it a up a little and I'll buy them but for now vans can take my money
[close]
Mint vs this:

Mystical Leader

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -130
« Reply #31188 on: August 23, 2018, 12:26:27 AM »
Yeah every shoe company puts out shitty colorways yeah.. But it's a different thing if you are a small brand with limited colorways where as bigger companies have more leverage to do shitty ones along with the good and won't be ruined by it. I usually skate all black colorways so these don't bother me much.. Also that walker vans shoe, as horrendous as it is, it's still very current to todays trends..

And Vans line is a "classic" why would I want to buy a rip off if can get the original just about the same price?

I'm not here to shit on State either as I like them and their videos.. Just from a designers POV they are lacking a bit.. Solid stuff and somewhat good quality but they just need a little tuning and it would be good.. Maybe some 70's 80's ispired retro runner skate shoe would be cool even with the same colorways..

Mr. Kamikazi

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -116
  • 1,2,3,4, tell the people what she wore...
« Reply #31189 on: August 23, 2018, 05:25:07 AM »
State footwear looks consistent as the seasonal lines are cohesive and I think the colors are mostly safe. Nothing too wild. While they may not be reinventing skate shoes as we know it, they do offer plain and simple footwear, something that does seem harder and harder to come across. Currently I skate Hufs, but all of their plain stuff, such as the Cromer's and the Dylans (not too much anymore though). Its nice to know that if Huf stopped offering a couple plain looking models I could get a pair of States, namely the Harlems and when the time comes, the Bishops with the toecap as I do fancy those. The new Cromer's coming out are very simple so that will suffice for me, but State, you have my attention.

pointandclick

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 243
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #31190 on: August 23, 2018, 06:04:16 AM »

And Vans line is a "classic" why would I want to buy a rip off if can get the original just about the same price?

i think all of states shoes feature PU insoles and a duracap style reinforcement on shoes cheaper than vans pro line.

Shuh

• Rep: 4
« Reply #31191 on: August 23, 2018, 06:41:29 AM »
I feel like big corpo employees is just shit talking g state footwear

Pigeon

« Reply #31192 on: August 23, 2018, 06:59:31 AM »

I'm not here to shit on State either as I like them and their videos.. Just from a designers POV they are lacking a bit.. Solid stuff and somewhat good quality but they just need a little tuning and it would be good.. Maybe some 70's 80's ispired retro runner skate shoe would be cool even with the same colorways..
They’re: cheaper, have better insoles and last longer.

I’m glad you’re not a designer because that’s a terrible idea.

planman

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 371
  • Morpheus drinking a 40 in a death basket
« Reply #31193 on: August 23, 2018, 06:38:23 PM »
Pretty sure the dude who owns state literally said that they weren't trying to do anything too much wild and play it safe with their shoes for now. That's why they don't even have a cup shoe right now.

I saw your mom do a ollie to cooch drop straight down the big black pole, it was gnarly. she defiantly shut that shit down

Mr. Kamikazi

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -116
  • 1,2,3,4, tell the people what she wore...
« Reply #31194 on: August 23, 2018, 07:02:52 PM »
Pretty sure the dude who owns state literally said that they weren't trying to do anything too much wild and play it safe with their shoes for now. That's why they don't even have a cup shoe right now.

He did. I'd also argue that playing it safe is a smart move, as the models they have been making appear to be have enough ground to sell and have a backing. If they were to just come out of nowhere and push risky models/colours, it's doubtful that they would do well. I imagine once the brand is further established we will see more models, possibly pushing the envelope a bit more. For now, they fill a void in the market with solid, basic, vulcanized shoes that aren't Vans. 

IanBZHD

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 55
« Reply #31195 on: August 23, 2018, 11:04:49 PM »
Would you rather have a pretty widespread base of reviews saying they're good shoes, but maybe a little plain, or a company like Hours that is releasing a crazy loafer as their first shoe and don't even have shoes for the team to skate?

States are great, I'll post a quick review of the pairs I skated once I feel like it.

jerrygurneyscream

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 130
« Reply #31196 on: August 24, 2018, 07:43:36 AM »
Would you rather have a pretty widespread base of reviews saying they're good shoes, but maybe a little plain, or a company like Hours that is releasing a crazy loafer as their first shoe and don't even have shoes for the team to skate?

States are great, I'll post a quick review of the pairs I skated once I feel like it.

I thought I had seen some hours shoes that looked kinda like a Reebok workout lo or one of the club c models. I think they have shit around that we’re just not seeing.   

jerrygurneyscream

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 130
« Reply #31197 on: August 24, 2018, 08:17:54 AM »
https://imgur.com/0UZVJ55[/img]
Got these ipaths from some due last night, cant find them anywhere, Im wondering if theyre a sample from the reboot that never happened?

shit_for_brains

« Reply #31198 on: August 24, 2018, 08:28:32 AM »
https://imgur.com/0UZVJ55[/img]
Got these ipaths from some due last night, cant find them anywhere, Im wondering if theyre a sample from the reboot that never happened?

Can you post less of the shoe ?

Sk8 Prick

• Rep: -6
« Reply #31199 on: August 24, 2018, 09:30:42 AM »

At that point why even do it? To me it seems like a waste of resources, everything we produce ends up in landfills.. we don't need more 'safe' product. But thats my biased opinion , I don't like the name 'State', I don't like their image, I don't like their logo, and I don't like their shoes. No personality, no identity. Just a very 'lame' brand TO ME. I could understand the older crowd being into them.. but as a 24 y.o. idiot, I still like to use skateboarding and the product surrounding it to express myself