Author Topic: Post UPCOMING/RECENT shoe releases thread  (Read 5071659 times)

Hypnotoad, saltusnaut and 4 Guests are viewing this topic.

iwshilvdnfinland

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -106
Re: Post UPCOMING/RECENT shoe releases thread
« Reply #31590 on: August 20, 2018, 11:32:47 PM »
the catalog was nicer than the shoes.

i can't unsee that Airspeed stripe.

Mystical Leader

• Rep: -67
« Reply #31591 on: August 21, 2018, 02:05:47 AM »
The State catalog was fine.. Some of them are okay some aren't.. I get a mixed feeling of State looking like Habitat shoes and Dekline shoes combined.. Didn't they buy lasts from one of them?

shit_for_brains

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 861
« Reply #31592 on: August 21, 2018, 05:22:00 AM »
The State catalog was fine.. Some of them are okay some aren't.. I get a mixed feeling of State looking like Habitat shoes and Dekline shoes combined.. Didn't they buy lasts from one of them?

Don't know what that means but I remember reading that State was a lot of the same people from Habitat shoes and Dekline.

Andrew Allen is a living legend and must be protected.

Sk8 Prick

• Rep: 0
« Reply #31593 on: August 21, 2018, 10:47:15 AM »

This is how I've been feeling about State. To me it seems that they are appealing to the same people who skate in Hufs or Vans, just not done as well. I feel most of their designs are tasteless, and something just feels odd about them.. Perhaps those lasts are just outdated at this point(?)

joeydaioh

• Rep: 1
« Reply #31594 on: August 21, 2018, 11:35:05 AM »
Can't wait to cop all those State shoes when they go on sale at Zumiez for $15 a pair.

Donkey Lips

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 685
  • Has anybody seen Sponge Harris?
« Reply #31595 on: August 21, 2018, 12:29:48 PM »

Its just a print guys (not sure if pointing the obvious)... I think it's funny and genius at the same time.

Ah, thank you.  I did not understand what the hell was going on here.  I’d want a pair if it wasn’t such an inside joke.  Not worth fielding the questions from randos.

Edit: To clarify what skatan is saying, these are not vulcanized Circa Muska’s, they are slip ons with a photo of Circa Muskas printed on them.  I was thoroughly confused, and it seems like several of you guys are as well.

lol the Chad Tepper guy was on the MTV show where he cried at Skatopia.

franc

• Rep: 3
« Reply #31596 on: August 21, 2018, 01:41:24 PM »
Crockett has been wearing a lovely colorway of his shoe for a while now, I wonder when it's coming out. Does anyone know?

I hope it's white suede and not a cap.

Pretty sure it's gonna be suede like all the colorways that have been released so far.

I think it’s a colorway just for him. I don’t think they’ll make it to production.

Somebody asked him about it in the comments and he said it was a "Crockett 2 colorway that’s not out yet".

I DM'd him about these a while ago and he told me that these were coming out at some point but he didn't know when.

doublesteveburger

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 508
« Reply #31597 on: August 21, 2018, 04:16:16 PM »

Don't know what that means but I remember reading that State was a lot of the same people from Habitat shoes and Dekline.

yeah but didn't they buy lasts from one of them though?

fergus

• Rep: 4
« Reply #31598 on: August 21, 2018, 05:28:33 PM »

This is how I've been feeling about State. To me it seems that they are appealing to the same people who skate in Hufs or Vans, just not done as well. I feel most of their designs are tasteless, and something just feels odd about them.. Perhaps those lasts are just outdated at this point(?)

I'm skating some State Keys and the Albany and so far they are lasting longer than any pair of hufs or vans I've had.
I can see why people aren't into the plain designs but the shoes themselves skate good.

Gay Imp Sausage Metal

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -383
  • We're just 2 lo(b)s(t)ers sitting behind a screen
« Reply #31599 on: August 21, 2018, 06:04:41 PM »
The design/ quality on States is way above anything vans or huf could put out at the moment.

"This is untrue, my client has not been attacked in every country" #yearoftheeagle

nopes

• Rep: 19
  • Bob loseedo wears a speedo
« Reply #31600 on: August 21, 2018, 07:08:01 PM »
yeah my keys have been lasting way longer than and vans ive had recently. my albanys should be here this week otherwise i would keep these going.

Spaced Cadet

• Rep: 48
« Reply #31601 on: August 21, 2018, 08:17:08 PM »
States may not appeal to everyone but the quality is definitely there for people that like them. I've had like 6 pairs so far and they've been consistently great.

JPeterman

• Rep: 3
  • It'll always be Myanmar to me
« Reply #31602 on: August 21, 2018, 10:18:22 PM »
Definitely keen on the States after that catalogue. Would like to try something other than Emericas for a change. Anyone know where I could cop in Australia?

Mystical Leader

« Reply #31603 on: August 22, 2018, 01:11:26 AM »

I'm not sure but I figure there is some confusion about lasts:

as much as I like minimal designs in skate shoes most of the States just look outdated.. Even the colours they use, which are nice on their own, but come on earth tones and pastels what is this shit lakai circa 2012?  Mix it a up a little and I'll buy them but for now vans and huf can take my money if I want to buy skate brand shoes.. Their quality is there too if you want vulcanized shoes

Coolhats

• Rep: 2
« Reply #31604 on: August 22, 2018, 04:30:39 AM »
I like their image and the team. The shoes just look generic though, kind of like knock off skate shoes. I think that was the problem with Dekline too, to me they just end up looking cheap.

Pigeon

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 108
« Reply #31605 on: August 22, 2018, 07:08:28 AM »

I'm not sure but I figure there is some confusion about lasts

as much as I like minimal designs in skate shoes most of the States just look outdated.. Even the colours they use, which are nice on their own, but come on earth tones and pastels what is this shit lakai circa 2012?  Mix it a up a little and I'll buy them but for now vans and huf can take my money if I want to buy skate brand shoes.. Their quality is there too if you want vulcanized shoes
Shoe lasts are pretty much mannequin feet. They’re used in shoe manufacturing.

I’m glad you pay for shoes on a weekly basis because you’re a fucking idiot. State has decent quality and is the closest to Gravis that we’ll probably have. The quality of outsoles in Vans and HUF has significantly gotten worse in the past five years. You mentioned that State looks outdated when every Vans pro-model is a combination of: Authentic, Era, Chukka, Old School, Sk8-Hi. Then, you hated on State colorways, when the only pastel-looking thing they put out were the Keys in mint, which actually look decent in person. The Cromer has one shitty colorway per season, and you can find a shitty colorway on every page of a Vans catalog.

State has clean-looking, durable shoes without giant logos on the sides.
i was not vaccinated as a child and i turned out fine.

Firebert

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -39
    • WEEKEND skateboards
« Reply #31606 on: August 22, 2018, 08:04:24 AM »
Adidas 3st.003
I've hated immigrants ever since I got here.

Nate.Dog

• Rep: -4
« Reply #31607 on: August 22, 2018, 10:30:28 AM »

I'm not sure but I figure there is some confusion about lasts

Shoe lasts are pretty much mannequin feet. They’re used in shoe manufacturing.

I’m glad you pay for shoes on a weekly basis because you’re a fucking idiot. State has decent quality and is the closest to Gravis that we’ll probably have. The quality of outsoles in Vans and HUF has significantly gotten worse in the past five years. You mentioned that State looks outdated when every Vans pro-model is a combination of: Authentic, Era, Chukka, Old School, Sk8-Hi. Then, you hated on State colorways, when the only pastel-looking thing they put out were the Keys in mint, which actually look decent in person. The Cromer has one shitty colorway per season, and you can find a shitty colorway on every page of a Vans catalog.

State has clean-looking, durable shoes without giant logos on the sides.

Alright, your state shop-flow, we get it. You can't tell me those rubber toed dress shoe-esque monstrosities posted above look good though. (for the record I do actually really like state you're just super up in arms about this)

RossDailey

• Rep: -2
« Reply #31608 on: August 22, 2018, 11:45:35 AM »
That State catalog is beyond excellent.

10/10 Will Fuck W/ The States Now
It honestly isn't much different from their other catalogues, what was it specifically that had you creaming over this one?
ttytt I think they are missing some of their better models like the Madison and their half cab and those Harlems just look so uncomfortable to me.

They got the black suede & white sole going on w/ all but one of the models & even that just has black n white + gum.

That's just my skate shoe OCD.

daewonbong3000

• Rep: -5
« Reply #31609 on: August 22, 2018, 05:57:30 PM »
the catalog was nicer than the shoes.

i can't unsee that Airspeed stripe.

Haha holy shit

Gay Imp Sausage Metal

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -383
  • We're just 2 lo(b)s(t)ers sitting behind a screen
« Reply #31610 on: August 22, 2018, 06:16:54 PM »
Even the colours they use, which are nice on their own, but come on earth tones and pastels what is this shit lakai circa 2012?  Mix it a up a little and I'll buy them but for now vans can take my money
Mint vs this:

"This is untrue, my client has not been attacked in every country" #yearoftheeagle

DCLOVE

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -101
« Reply #31611 on: August 22, 2018, 06:29:50 PM »

Pretty sure the combo was deklines lasts and manufacturing stuff and habitats designers.

And having skated a pair, minus the canvas rips on the first run these are better than most vulc stuff right now .

hmmmokay

• Rep: 1
  • content nausea
« Reply #31612 on: August 22, 2018, 07:39:40 PM »
Even the colours they use, which are nice on their own, but come on earth tones and pastels what is this shit lakai circa 2012?  Mix it a up a little and I'll buy them but for now vans can take my money
Mint vs this:

Has anyone really been far as decided to use even go want to do look more like?

Mystical Leader

« Reply #31613 on: August 23, 2018, 12:26:27 AM »
Yeah every shoe company puts out shitty colorways yeah.. But it's a different thing if you are a small brand with limited colorways where as bigger companies have more leverage to do shitty ones along with the good and won't be ruined by it. I usually skate all black colorways so these don't bother me much.. Also that walker vans shoe, as horrendous as it is, it's still very current to todays trends..

And Vans line is a "classic" why would I want to buy a rip off if can get the original just about the same price?

I'm not here to shit on State either as I like them and their videos.. Just from a designers POV they are lacking a bit.. Solid stuff and somewhat good quality but they just need a little tuning and it would be good.. Maybe some 70's 80's ispired retro runner skate shoe would be cool even with the same colorways..

Mr. Kamikazi

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -27
  • 1,2,3,4, tell the people what she wore...
« Reply #31614 on: August 23, 2018, 05:25:07 AM »
State footwear looks consistent as the seasonal lines are cohesive and I think the colors are mostly safe. Nothing too wild. While they may not be reinventing skate shoes as we know it, they do offer plain and simple footwear, something that does seem harder and harder to come across. Currently I skate Hufs, but all of their plain stuff, such as the Cromer's and the Dylans (not too much anymore though). Its nice to know that if Huf stopped offering a couple plain looking models I could get a pair of States, namely the Harlems and when the time comes, the Bishops with the toecap as I do fancy those. The new Cromer's coming out are very simple so that will suffice for me, but State, you have my attention.

pointandclick

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 55
« Reply #31615 on: August 23, 2018, 06:04:16 AM »

And Vans line is a "classic" why would I want to buy a rip off if can get the original just about the same price?

i think all of states shoes feature PU insoles and a duracap style reinforcement on shoes cheaper than vans pro line.

Shuh

• Rep: 0
« Reply #31616 on: August 23, 2018, 06:41:29 AM »
I feel like big corpo employees is just shit talking g state footwear

Pigeon

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 108
« Reply #31617 on: August 23, 2018, 06:59:31 AM »

I'm not here to shit on State either as I like them and their videos.. Just from a designers POV they are lacking a bit.. Solid stuff and somewhat good quality but they just need a little tuning and it would be good.. Maybe some 70's 80's ispired retro runner skate shoe would be cool even with the same colorways..
They’re: cheaper, have better insoles and last longer.

I’m glad you’re not a designer because that’s a terrible idea.
i was not vaccinated as a child and i turned out fine.

planman

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -482
  • Morpheus drinking a 40 in a death basket
« Reply #31618 on: August 23, 2018, 06:38:23 PM »
Pretty sure the dude who owns state literally said that they weren't trying to do anything too much wild and play it safe with their shoes for now. That's why they don't even have a cup shoe right now.

I saw your mom do a ollie to cooch drop straight down the big black pole, it was gnarly. she defiantly shut that shit down.

Mr. Kamikazi

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -27
  • 1,2,3,4, tell the people what she wore...
« Reply #31619 on: August 23, 2018, 07:02:52 PM »
Pretty sure the dude who owns state literally said that they weren't trying to do anything too much wild and play it safe with their shoes for now. That's why they don't even have a cup shoe right now.

He did. I'd also argue that playing it safe is a smart move, as the models they have been making appear to be have enough ground to sell and have a backing. If they were to just come out of nowhere and push risky models/colours, it's doubtful that they would do well. I imagine once the brand is further established we will see more models, possibly pushing the envelope a bit more. For now, they fill a void in the market with solid, basic, vulcanized shoes that aren't Vans.