Author Topic: Post UPCOMING/RECENT shoe releases thread  (Read 8663753 times)

nopes

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 85
  • Bob loseedo wears a speedo
Re: Post UPCOMING/RECENT shoe releases thread
« Reply #31200 on: August 24, 2018, 09:37:17 AM »
Expand Quote
Pretty sure the dude who owns state literally said that they weren't trying to do anything too much wild and play it safe with their shoes for now. That's why they don't even have a cup shoe right now.
[close]

At that point why even do it? To me it seems like a waste of resources, everything we produce ends up in landfills.. we don't need more 'safe' product. But thats my biased opinion , I don't like the name 'State', I don't like their image, I don't like their logo, and I don't like their shoes. No personality, no identity. Just a very 'lame' brand TO ME. I could understand the older crowd being into them.. but as a 24 y.o. idiot, I still like to use skateboarding and the product surrounding it to express myself

im curious. what shoes do you like? everything seems so similar these days for the most part.

shit_for_brains

« Reply #31201 on: August 24, 2018, 09:41:02 AM »
Regardless of how you feel about them, they aren't going to last. They don't have years to figure it out and playing it "safe" is dooming yourself. They've already played it safe for what, two years? and most of their shoes were sold on deeeeeeeeply discounted sales. This is more of what didn't sell before.

Sk8 Prick

• Rep: -6
« Reply #31202 on: August 24, 2018, 09:57:57 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Pretty sure the dude who owns state literally said that they weren't trying to do anything too much wild and play it safe with their shoes for now. That's why they don't even have a cup shoe right now.
[close]

At that point why even do it? To me it seems like a waste of resources, everything we produce ends up in landfills.. we don't need more 'safe' product. But thats my biased opinion , I don't like the name 'State', I don't like their image, I don't like their logo, and I don't like their shoes. No personality, no identity. Just a very 'lame' brand TO ME. I could understand the older crowd being into them.. but as a 24 y.o. idiot, I still like to use skateboarding and the product surrounding it to express myself
[close]

im curious. what shoes do you like? everything seems so similar these days for the most part.

Its a constant struggle for me, Ill think I like a shoe then ill get bored of it a week later.. But generally I like sole tech for cup, and huf for vulc. I also design my own shoes and those are obviously my favorites

DCLOVE

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -479
« Reply #31203 on: August 24, 2018, 09:58:38 AM »
Regardless of how you feel about them, they aren't going to last. They don't have years to figure it out and playing it "safe" is dooming yourself. They've already played it safe for what, two years? and most of their shoes were sold on deeeeeeeeply discounted sales. This is more of what didn't sell before.

If decline survived a decade with no one wearing them state has at least 3 years left. I love the zumiez sales on them though. 25 bucks a pair. Also you can get the high top Strayes in terrible color ways for 5 bucks. Shipping costs more than the shoes.
PINE 2009, 2010, 2011, 2020, PINE STILL MAKIN' MONEY.

Team Player

• Rep: -2
« Reply #31204 on: August 24, 2018, 10:10:54 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

If decline survived a decade with no one wearing them state has at least 3 years left. I love the zumiez sales on them though. 25 bucks a pair. Also you can get the high top Strayes in terrible color ways for 5 bucks. Shipping costs more than the shoes.

I wouldn't pay $5 for Straye.

shit_for_brains

« Reply #31205 on: August 24, 2018, 10:23:24 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

Dekline had a huge distributor and other brands behind them. State doesn't. Nobody's making money with everybody buying them on sale from Zumiez and provides no incentive for Zumiez or other shops to carry them, which means no pre books, which means no production. I know I'm reaching into the future but I have no doubts that's how it'll play it.

GAY

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 3289
  • Those that SLAP, can't.
« Reply #31206 on: August 24, 2018, 12:16:09 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

I'd go gay for Straye. In other words, I would do absolutely nothing for a pair of Straye shoes.

iwishilivedinfinla

« Reply #31207 on: August 24, 2018, 02:12:18 PM »
Lakai Birdman mid going full Airwalk
kinda rules lol

MC3

• Rep: 124
  • "That's a Helluva price to pay for being stylish!"
« Reply #31208 on: August 24, 2018, 02:27:38 PM »
damn those are fucking terrible

and i'm usually a lakai sympathizer
(Cool Trick GIF)

shit_for_brains

« Reply #31209 on: August 24, 2018, 02:48:10 PM »
Oh no

Baron Samedi

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 371

FROTHY

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 373
« Reply #31211 on: August 24, 2018, 03:41:40 PM »
If you're going to update it try to make it look better.

stets

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Rep: 106
« Reply #31212 on: August 25, 2018, 01:00:05 AM »
I also design my own shoes and those are obviously my favorites

Wait you design your own skate shoes? Like you make them from scratch in your garage or something?
Quote from: augustmoon
lol, don't let my sticker job keep you up at night, buddy

Krooked antihero

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 157
« Reply #31213 on: August 25, 2018, 02:25:35 AM »
Expand Quote
I also design my own shoes and those are obviously my favorites
[close]

Wait you design your own skate shoes? Like you make them from scratch in your garage or something?
Yea man I like to know more too. Or do you frankenstein them from different models?
europe's like the capitol of england and france and whatever

It sucks getting old.

Bubblegum Tate

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -1042
  • Slap's Resident Sneakerhead
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
    Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
    Gold Topic Start Gold Topic Start : Start a topic with over 10,000 replies.
Ethan Bubblegum Tate - Captain of the Harlem Globetrotters, lecturer of Physics at Globetrotter University.
Tate is one of the best posters that's not me

DISTANT RUMOURS

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 394
« Reply #31215 on: August 26, 2018, 03:14:01 AM »
Lakai Birdman mid going full Airwalk
kinda rules lol

Pretty sure those are removeable

shit_for_brains

« Reply #31216 on: August 26, 2018, 04:12:32 AM »
Pretty sure it's still another dog shit design decision from Lakai

DCLOVE

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -479
« Reply #31217 on: August 27, 2018, 11:41:12 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

[close]

I'd go gay for Straye. In other words, I would do absolutely nothing for a pair of Straye shoes.

I’d definitely wouldn’t buy em but the fact that they were only 5 bucks had me questioning for a second. But multicolor cheetah Print really ain’t my style
PINE 2009, 2010, 2011, 2020, PINE STILL MAKIN' MONEY.

planman

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 371
  • Morpheus drinking a 40 in a death basket
« Reply #31218 on: August 28, 2018, 03:43:52 PM »
My friend bought a couple pairs a few months ago, they really don't look bad and seem to skate pretty well. Not sure if I could swallow my pride enough for a pair though.

I saw your mom do a ollie to cooch drop straight down the big black pole, it was gnarly. she defiantly shut that shit down

Julz

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -6
« Reply #31219 on: August 28, 2018, 04:57:41 PM »
damn those are fucking terrible

and i'm usually a lakai sympathizer

Gnar'd.

I laughed my ass off over that hideous shoe picture. Then, I read that there's such thing as a lakai sympathizer.

DISTANT RUMOURS

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 394
« Reply #31220 on: August 30, 2018, 06:45:29 AM »
Pretty sure it's still another dog shit design decision from Lakai

haha agreed, it still wouldn't look good.

cosmicgypsies

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 626
« Reply #31221 on: August 30, 2018, 07:25:02 AM »
lakai need to stop fucking around and redo the shit they were good at like the manchester and telford etc. had a cupsole version of manchesters years ago and they were sick.

GAY

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 3289
  • Those that SLAP, can't.
« Reply #31222 on: August 30, 2018, 09:46:13 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]

I’d definitely wouldn’t buy em but the fact that they were only 5 bucks had me questioning for a second. But multicolor cheetah Print really ain’t my style

You make a compelling point. But yeah...if multicolor cheetah print was your style we'd immediately unmask you as Braydon Szafraenskeeiy or a girl who loves doing cosplay as that chick from death squad.

doctorkickflip

• Rep: 44
« Reply #31223 on: August 30, 2018, 12:20:51 PM »
lakai need to stop fucking around and redo the shit they were good at like the manchester and telford etc. had a cupsole version of manchesters years ago and they were sick.

I want them to bring back the fade.

144p

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1020
    • 35th Ave Skates avatar image
« Reply #31224 on: August 30, 2018, 03:05:44 PM »
Of all the shoes Lakai could/should redo, I can't imagine those would be high on the list.
Those Hawk shoes won't have a lace saver I was told.

el chino

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -375
  • ants suck!
« Reply #31225 on: August 30, 2018, 03:56:19 PM »
Can you guys shut the fuck up about straye ?
Im sure theres a thread for that and this aint fucking it
<iframe class="imgur-album" width="100%" height="550" frameborder="0" src="http://imgur.com/a/8ph4y/embed"></iframe>

Pigeon

« Reply #31226 on: August 30, 2018, 05:50:08 PM »

Hypnotoad

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 156
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #31227 on: August 30, 2018, 06:34:03 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]
Never saw this shoe in person, but I sure did drool over it in the catalog back in the day.

I want them to bring back the fade.

hey pickle

« Reply #31228 on: August 31, 2018, 04:40:19 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]
-Straye Stanley_Safety_Yellow-

truly, truly awful
« Last Edit: September 01, 2018, 02:46:20 AM by Bubblegum Tate »

shit_for_brains

« Reply #31229 on: August 31, 2018, 04:42:38 AM »
Straye is for the kind of people who go pool parties at hotels in Vegas