Author Topic: Shaggy from the letters page  (Read 1888 times)

whiteley

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 362
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
    Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
Shaggy from the letters page
« on: September 27, 2010, 09:55:04 AM »
back before the forum blew up, we used to get tons of people writing letters to SLAP talking about all the same stuff as gets talked about on the forum, just in a much slower dialogue. anybody who read the mag and followed the letters pages will undoubtedly remember the name Shaggy- he was both the most prolific and obnoxious letter writer of them all, and we even gave him the entire letters page in a few issues because he wrote so many great letters. well, the mysterious Shaggy has been unmasked by the New York Times! check it...
http://www.nytimes.com/2010/09/26/nyregion/26letterguy.html

Hercules Rockefeller

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -13
  • i`m a double-bacon-genius-burger.
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
Re: Shaggy from the letters page
« Reply #1 on: September 27, 2010, 09:59:35 AM »
seems like a sick dude.

is that a antifa-sticker on his board?

*edit: i wanted to read it again because i thought of something, now the link says i have to register?

my bad. always my bad.
« Last Edit: September 27, 2010, 10:33:19 AM by stlind »

spool of cord

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 47
  • Welcome to another chapter of audio sodemy
« Reply #2 on: September 27, 2010, 10:27:01 AM »
hahaha now this is thread worthy!
sanch dont be mad because your wife used to clean my mansion

and................... your still a mark!!!!!

evil swine

• Rep: 2
« Reply #3 on: September 27, 2010, 10:40:15 AM »
Instant Duesche just add alcohol.

sk8 johnson

• Rep: -3
« Reply #4 on: September 27, 2010, 02:03:32 PM »
can you read these letters online

The Donger

• Rep: -63
« Reply #5 on: September 27, 2010, 03:46:24 PM »
Bet he has a book deal in the works. If the Situation can put out a book why not Shaggy.

whiteley

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #6 on: September 27, 2010, 04:24:56 PM »
can you read these letters online

gonna try to dig some of them up and post them with the article. he was nuts. always entertaining. miss his letters. he'd be a god on the forum if he took part...

whiteley

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #7 on: September 29, 2010, 11:17:01 AM »
just updated the page with a bunch of his letters...
http://www.slapmagazine.com/articles/short/shaggy-unmasked

Magic Pizza

• Rep: 175
« Reply #8 on: September 29, 2010, 06:16:58 PM »
Also deserves mention for keeping the brats/yuppies/B&Ts at union square in check.

Vincent Brown

• Rep: -1
« Reply #9 on: January 05, 2011, 11:02:02 PM »
hey wassup Slap, im a personal friend of shaggy. i actually first heard of him through the Shaggy vs the Internet letter he wrote way back in 07 when Fully Flared was the most talked about skate video. I ran into dude randomly on my first ever trip to Union Square back in 2008. we skated then we talked a little just shooting the shit then i noticed that dude talks and speaks his mind exactly like that mysterious letter writer from that year. so i asked his name and he replied "Shaggy". then he mentioned SLAP magazine and that's when i put two and two together: He was the one that was writing those gnarly ass letters to you guys. We've been friends since, skating and lurking through the NYC streets pretty much every day or on the weekends. the stories he shares is pretty fuckin hilarious yet pretty insane at the same time. as for where is he now? He's still around drinking Starbucks, skating, lurking and shit talking the best way he knows how: By sending in letters and stories to various magazines. and he recently started a blog since "people nowadays are too fuckin lazy to read a magazine". To see what goes on in his head and to see some of the letters he sent here to SLAP Magazine, check out http://shaggynyc.blogspot.com/

Grubby Mits

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -76
  • kim you need to leave him
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #10 on: January 06, 2011, 05:23:59 AM »
That starbucks letter is great, i'll be following his blog from now on haha

Evil Kraken from the Arctic Sea

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 288
  • Hi SlapPal!
« Reply #11 on: January 06, 2011, 05:35:55 AM »
hey wassup Slap, im a personal friend of shaggy. i actually first heard of him through the Shaggy vs the Internet letter he wrote way back in 07 when Fully Flared was the most talked about skate video. I ran into dude randomly on my first ever trip to Union Square back in 2008. we skated then we talked a little just shooting the shit then i noticed that dude talks and speaks his mind exactly like that mysterious letter writer from that year. so i asked his name and he replied "Shaggy". then he mentioned SLAP magazine and that's when i put two and two together: He was the one that was writing those gnarly ass letters to you guys. We've been friends since, skating and lurking through the NYC streets pretty much every day or on the weekends. the stories he shares is pretty fuckin hilarious yet pretty insane at the same time. as for where is he now? He's still around drinking Starbucks, skating, lurking and shit talking the best way he knows how: By sending in letters and stories to various magazines. and he recently started a blog since "people nowadays are too fuckin lazy to read a magazine". To see what goes on in his head and to see some of the letters he sent here to SLAP Magazine, check out http://shaggynyc.blogspot.com/
Meh.
Fake. That blog was obviously started by someone from slap. All of it's content is from slap.
I'll go frontside on some tranny for you.

Alan

• Mods
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 2592
« Reply #12 on: January 06, 2011, 07:29:54 AM »
I don't know if it's fake, but for someone who supposedly has a lot to say, rehashing years old material doesn't look like a promising start.
Hosin' out the cab of his pickup truck
He's got his 8-track playin' really fuckin' loud