Author Topic: Hero shot in front of his daughter for defending skateboarders  (Read 147009 times)

Mooley

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 254
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
Re: Hero shot in front of his daughter for defending skateboarders
« Reply #30 on: September 27, 2010, 06:51:17 PM »
Expand Quote
This is so gonna happen at Stoner Park. What's up with dickheads thinking there is something inherently wrong with skateboarding that gives them the right to harass, assault, and apparently even shoot them? Grow up! Its ridiculous.

As far as gun control goes? How dare you say you have the right to take away my right to force other people to bend to my will with a gun! Having agreed upon rules in society shouldn't matter! If I  got a gun, I don't have to care about other people.

Obviously there is no reason to have guns. Information controls society these days, and the Army could fucking massacre any militia that rose up, as skateboarders we obviously know hobbies aren't protected freedoms- so hunting isn't either, and seriously, if you need a gun to walk down the street, you need to move somewhere else or grow some fucking balls.
[close]

If we outlaw handguns criminals will still have them via illegal sales.  They will be the only ones who have them.  See Chicago.

Don't be a fucking person on this one.

(No, I don't own a gun and I'm not an NRA member.)

I don't see how he's being "a fucking person" here. How often does a civilian actually do something good with a firearm, and how often do they fall into the hands of overzealous vigilante dicks (case in point here) or otherwise incapable people?

Kage

« Reply #31 on: September 27, 2010, 07:06:28 PM »
Expand Quote
This is so gonna happen at Stoner Park. What's up with dickheads thinking there is something inherently wrong with skateboarding that gives them the right to harass, assault, and apparently even shoot them? Grow up! Its ridiculous.

As far as gun control goes? How dare you say you have the right to take away my right to force other people to bend to my will with a gun! Having agreed upon rules in society shouldn't matter! If I  got a gun, I don't have to care about other people.

Obviously there is no reason to have guns. Information controls society these days, and the Army could fucking massacre any militia that rose up, as skateboarders we obviously know hobbies aren't protected freedoms- so hunting isn't either, and seriously, if you need a gun to walk down the street, you need to move somewhere else or grow some fucking balls.
[close]

If we outlaw handguns criminals will still have them via illegal sales.  They will be the only ones who have them.  See Chicago.

And where do you think those illegal guns come from? The legal market.

If guns weren't mass produced and sold to the public, there wouldn't be a supply of illegal guns. Guns may be smuggled in from other countries, but that is a different issue.

Expand Quote
Rapidly losing all hope for humanity as the days go on. How can you shoot some one in a public place and be released with no consequences?
[close]
Because they're still working on the investigation.  That doesn't mean there won't be any consequences.  How simple are some of you people?

You don't let a murder suspect who killed a little girls father infront of her go. That guy should be in jail with no bond.

Krudler

« Reply #32 on: September 27, 2010, 07:27:54 PM »
keyword: suspect.  They hardly gave any details so I'm sure there is a reason why he hasn't been arrested yet.

Inanimate Object

« Reply #33 on: September 27, 2010, 07:36:40 PM »
Expand Quote

[close]

If we outlaw handguns criminals will still have them via illegal sales.  They will be the only ones who have them.  See Chicago.

HEY MAN I was initally being a fucking person on this one, thinking civillian gun ownership is dangerous and idiotic, but you make a good point. However, my real issue is with the legality of murder - if that shit doesn't get legalized, it will only be the criminals murdering people and frankly that seems like a bad thing, especially if I'm gonna be owning a gun. I can only pop so many shots at so many tin cans, man.

But seriously, can we, as skateboarders and decent human beings, at least set up a fund that covers his daughter's counseling fees or something!?
« Last Edit: September 27, 2010, 07:38:52 PM by Inanimate Object »

acider

« Reply #34 on: September 27, 2010, 07:49:42 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

If we outlaw handguns criminals will still have them via illegal sales.  They will be the only ones who have them.  See Chicago.

[close]

HEY MAN I was initally being a fucking person on this one, thinking civillian gun ownership is dangerous and idiotic, but you make a good point. However, my real issue is with the legality of murder - if that shit doesn't get legalized, it will only be the criminals murdering people and frankly that seems like a bad thing, especially if I'm gonna be owning a gun. I can only pop so many shots at so many tin cans, man.

But seriously, can we, as skateboarders and decent human beings, at least set up a fund that covers his daughter's counseling fees or something!?

so good.

as is your suggestion for the fund.  there is a chance the family is already at least taking donations for funeral costs and such and if we could somehow get the information on that it would be good to post.  maybe contact the newspaper that published the article?  the fact that it happened in front of his daughter is just so terrible i am really sorry for the family.
« Last Edit: September 27, 2010, 07:55:08 PM by terreck »

j....soy.....

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1580
« Reply #35 on: September 27, 2010, 07:53:00 PM »
I think america's rad and shit but this is one part that's really messed.....growing up in canada....it's actually pretty hard to ever see a handgun...  you guys got 'the right to own a gun'....we got....'the right to....hunt.'....

heckler

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 475
    Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #36 on: September 27, 2010, 07:59:02 PM »
I can't really say anything about this that hasn't already been said but this is terrible. I really hope that bastard who killed him is locked up for a long time.
Ha SLAP's resident libtard and NY pro cocksucker.

Wizard Fuck

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 23
« Reply #37 on: September 27, 2010, 08:23:08 PM »
guns don't kill people, people kill people...

uh, yeah right... pretty sure if handguns weren't legal this guy would have felt a little less comfortable walking down the street with a shotgun.

Because making handguns illegal will mean no one will have them...
The answer is Dutch Masters, you fat fucking catastrophe.

acider

« Reply #38 on: September 27, 2010, 09:08:45 PM »
Expand Quote

uh, yeah right... pretty sure if handguns weren't legal this guy would have felt a little less comfortable walking down the street with a shotgun.
[close]

there are theoretical downfalls to almost every law that could be enacted or exists.  if guns where made illegal, somewhere in the united states someone who obtained a gun illegally would shoot a person who would have had a gun which they could have defended themself with had a law against gun ownership not been enacted; this may even happen many times.  however, on an aggregate basis the amount of gun violence will decrease as the supply does.  also, in many cases black market guns are stolen from legal ownership or gunstores in the first place so there is no doubt that the black market supply would decrease dramatically.   

popsiclesandskatin

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -14
« Reply #39 on: September 27, 2010, 09:27:34 PM »
If they take away our guns the next bad terrible horrible weapon will be a knife.
This kind of thing will happen, its the worst thing i can imagine but this is where we choose to live.

jeremyrandall

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 67
    • Ninetimes Skate Shop avatar image
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #40 on: September 27, 2010, 09:34:38 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]
there are theoretical downfalls to almost every law that could be enacted or exists.  if guns where made illegal, somewhere in the united states someone who obtained a gun illegally would shoot a person who would have had a gun which they could have defended themself with had a law against gun ownership not been enacted; this may even happen many times.  however, on an aggregate basis the amount of gun violence will decrease as the supply does.  also, in many cases black market guns are stolen from legal ownership or gunstores in the first place so there is no doubt that the black market supply would decrease dramatically.   

Yep.  I'm Canadian, and obviously we do have gun crime, but it is WAAAAAAY more limited than the U.S.  Guns are not easy to find up here which results in there just not being that many guns around.  I've never even had think about the possibility of someone pulling a gun on me.  I think I've only heard of one situation where it actually happened.

That said...there definitely is alot more stabbings.  Shitty people are still gonna be shitty people.

Inanimate Object

« Reply #41 on: September 27, 2010, 09:39:52 PM »
I don't know if there are a lot MORE stabbings, or just that stabbings occur.  Regardless, I feel my chances of fending off a dude with a knife or at least running away from him like a bitch and not dying are much higher than escaping someone armed with a gun.

Also, I emailed the woman that wrote the article to see if she knows about any funds already set up.
« Last Edit: September 27, 2010, 09:41:26 PM by Inanimate Object »

layzieyez

• Mods
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1483
  • Illusion Flip
« Reply #42 on: September 27, 2010, 09:54:54 PM »
Where is the followup story with the headlines:
"Murdering asshole's house burnt down, neighbors say the fucker deserved it"

sk8 johnson

• Rep: -3
« Reply #43 on: September 27, 2010, 11:05:37 PM »
god damnit reading that made me so angry

Ronald Wilson Reagan

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -936
  • I own Malibu? I am going to fuck you.
« Reply #44 on: September 27, 2010, 11:10:46 PM »
Expand Quote

As far as gun control goes? How dare you say you have the right to take away my right to force other people to bend to my will with a gun! Having agreed upon rules in society shouldn't matter! If I �got a gun, I don't have to care about other people.

[close]

If we outlaw handguns criminals will still have them via illegal sales.� They will be the only ones who have them.� See Chicago.

I heard it actually has worked well in the many countries around the world that have banned them. Many people who post here are from those countries, and seem to think we in the states are nuts. People from those countries, correct me if I am misinformed.
You know where the Mexican drug cartels get their guns? The U.S.
Also, I guarantee the guy in this story got his gun legally. How would he have gotten his gun?
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

As far as gun control goes? How dare you say you have the right to take away my right to force other people to bend to my will with a gun! Having agreed upon rules in society shouldn't matter! If I  got a gun, I don't have to care about other people.

[close]

[close]

[close]
Epic.

We are pretty organized on here. Perhaps people could use their creepy stalking skills to find the family, and another person could set up some sort of pay pal or other donation account?
Are you a kook? If you would say this, the answer is “YES”
I quit skating for a time due to piling out

bakingsoda

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 20
« Reply #45 on: September 27, 2010, 11:11:51 PM »
keyword: suspect.?  They hardly gave any details so I'm sure there is a reason why he hasn't been arrested yet.
Ugh, you're an idiot. Anyone's a suspect until a court of law proclaims them guilty, even if the crime was comitted in front of a cop as a first hand witness. The word suspect is how any media source has to discribe someone until judgement has been made by a court. Also there was plenty of detail of the events that took place from first hand accounts.? ?

I feel horrible for this man and his family. I really hope that fuckstain-coward gets beaten in jail until he's paraplegic.
« Last Edit: September 27, 2010, 11:14:12 PM by bakingsoda »

bakingsoda

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 20
« Reply #46 on: September 27, 2010, 11:20:42 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]
there are theoretical downfalls to almost every law that could be enacted or exists.?  if guns where made illegal, somewhere in the united states someone who obtained a gun illegally would shoot a person who would have had a gun which they could have defended themself with had a law against gun ownership not been enacted; this may even happen many times.?  however, on an aggregate basis the amount of gun violence will decrease as the supply does.?  also, in many cases black market guns are stolen from legal ownership or gunstores in the first place so there is no doubt that the black market supply would decrease dramatically.?  ? 
[close]

Yep.?  I'm Canadian, and obviously we do have gun crime, but it is WAAAAAAY more limited than the U.S.?  Guns are not easy to find up here which results in there just not being that many guns around.?  I've never even had think about the possibility of someone pulling a gun on me.?  I think I've only heard of one situation where it actually happened.

That said...there definitely is alot more stabbings.?  Shitty people are still gonna be shitty people.
But you live in the midwest right. Because I live in Toronto and although our gun crime doesn't compare to the USA we still have a fair amount. I think that the reason our crime still isn't comparable is because like you said our laws on guns aren't as lax as the US making it less accessible, but my point is that in bigger cities it's still not that difficult to get your hands on.

few123456789

« Reply #47 on: September 27, 2010, 11:28:23 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]

Yes.  We should do this.  Set it up.  Paypal.  Let's donate to the legal fund to get this idiot in jail.  I will donate.

few123456789

« Reply #48 on: September 27, 2010, 11:32:05 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

As far as gun control goes? How dare you say you have the right to take away my right to force other people to bend to my will with a gun! Having agreed upon rules in society shouldn't matter! If I �got a gun, I don't have to care about other people.

[close]

If we outlaw handguns criminals will still have them via illegal sales.� They will be the only ones who have them.� See Chicago.

[close]
I heard it actually has worked well in the many countries around the world that have banned them. Many people who post here are from those countries, and seem to think we in the states are nuts. People from those countries, correct me if I am misinformed.
Also, I guarantee the guy in this story got his gun legally. How would he have gotten his gun?
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

As far as gun control goes? How dare you say you have the right to take away my right to force other people to bend to my will with a gun! Having agreed upon rules in society shouldn't matter! If I  got a gun, I don't have to care about other people.

[close]

[close]

[close]
Epic.

We are pretty organized on here. Perhaps people could use their creepy stalking skills to find the family, and another person could set up some sort of pay pal or other donation account?
[close]

It's illegal to carry a hand gun in Chicago.  That is the fact.  Interpret what you will. 

I know all the criminals still carry them. 

These are the facts.

Ronald Wilson Reagan

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -936
  • I own Malibu? I am going to fuck you.
« Reply #49 on: September 27, 2010, 11:40:39 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]

[close]
Epic.

[close]

It's illegal to carry a hand gun in Chicago.  That is the fact.  Interpret what you will. 

These are the facts.
[close]
"I know all the criminals still carry them" is not really a fact.
I've skateboarded in Chicago without a gun. That is a fact. Interpret what you will.

Skateboarding is illegal.

These are the facts.
Are you a kook? If you would say this, the answer is “YES”
I quit skating for a time due to piling out

jeremyrandall

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 67
    • Ninetimes Skate Shop avatar image
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #50 on: September 27, 2010, 11:57:56 PM »
Well of course that doesn't work in Chicago.  Because if you drive half an hour away you can buy a gun and bring it back.  The reason it works in Canada (to a degree, I'm not trying to convince anyone we don't have gun crime) is because it's illegal country wide. 

I think the big problem in the U.S. is this:  there's so many guns everywhere that lots of people don't feel safe without them.  If guns were to be made illegal alot of people would feel unsafe because all the criminals would still have guns.  And this IS TRUE.  But if the laws were to change nation wide, give it a generation or so and the gun crime levels would definitely drop.

frisco

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 76
« Reply #51 on: September 28, 2010, 12:30:25 AM »
2 years into retirement too, this stories so sad

Inanimate Object

« Reply #52 on: September 28, 2010, 08:38:14 AM »

These are the facts.

Here's another fact: If gun ownership were restricted there is a much higher chance this thread wouldn't even exist because a clearly mentally unstable and aggressive person wouldn't have easy access to a gun that would allow him to murder someone.

People who commit crimes are not born into a separate sub group (except maybe a socioeconomic one) that somehow ensures gun ownership and bad behavior - how people act in society is extremely environmental. You give people access to a tool that allows them to threaten people's lives, and they're more likely to exploit that tool than if it were unavailable or difficult to obtain.

Beeda Weeda

« Reply #53 on: September 28, 2010, 08:51:56 AM »
What is there to investigate? He shot a guy, with a gun, and he died.

RIP

Narcissus

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 301
« Reply #54 on: September 28, 2010, 09:36:39 AM »
Trevor Dooley of 3207 Partridge Point Trail Valrico, FL 33594 is a shitbag.

Someone should seduce his wife, upperdeck every toilet in his house and post photos of both actions.

But, seriously, all jokes aside, RIP to David James. Condolences to his daughter and family.

Trevor Dooley is a shitbag.
i saw my grandma bail off a 4 set once in my house and she even got up and came to red lobster after.
Quote from: The Kitten!
get wasted and pass out.

Bobbito

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -14
« Reply #55 on: September 28, 2010, 10:07:17 AM »
HOLY FUCK DUDE! In front of the little daughter too? AND he was released? What the fuck is happening with humanity.....

Bitter

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 162
« Reply #56 on: September 28, 2010, 10:14:23 AM »
But you live in the midwest right. Because I live in Toronto and although our gun crime doesn't compare to the USA we still have a fair amount.

Most hand guns in Toronto come over the US border, largely from Detroit. So even Canadian gun crime is related to the States abudance of guns.   

Omamori

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -128
« Reply #57 on: September 28, 2010, 10:53:38 AM »

Here's another fact: If gun ownership were restricted there is a much higher chance this thread wouldn't even exist because a clearly mentally unstable and aggressive person wouldn't have easy access to a gun that would allow him to murder someone.

People who commit crimes are not born into a separate sub group (except maybe a socioeconomic one) that somehow ensures gun ownership and bad behavior - how people act in society is extremely environmental. You give people access to a tool that allows them to threaten people's lives, and they're more likely to exploit that tool than if it were unavailable or difficult to obtain.

[/quote]
I do agree that the environment does play a role in behavior, no doubt...but we also have to look at another perspective, the cognitive psychology part of it. Now, my knowledge of this subject is limited but I do know the frontal lobe area plays a huge role in how we think out situations. If your frontal lobe is damaged or not developed you'll have, for the lack of better words, animal like behavior. It's a sad thing, but some people are born to be crimials because of their brain. There may be other parts of the brain that play into this, but like I mention before my knowledge is limited on this subject.

As for gun control, it will stay. I would be against gun control but this world isn't peaceful and never will be. Since that is the case, I'm for gun control. Good citizens like myself wouldn't harm another for a stupid reason like what happened to this good man (RIP). I would only own a gun to protect may family in case of a break in into my home. Yes I do wish to protect my possessions (cars, computers, CD collection, etc) but my family is far more important that any material item. My family cannot be replaced. And if someone has the balls to break in a house, I'm all for the home owner to shot them, whether they, the criminal, gets injured or dies. And I am aware that my opinion is probably in the minority here.

Beer Wizard

« Reply #58 on: September 28, 2010, 11:18:59 AM »
There has to be more to this story....  The guy couldn't have just shot and killed him in front of his daughter for defending skateboarders' right to skate on a basketball court and be set free?

He murdered a man!  Shot him to death in front of his 8 year old daughter!  All because he was annoyed by some skateboarders...  And the man is not being held in jail?? 

Is there any sort of legal explanation to justify this even slightly?  I hope that our legal system does not fail this hard.

daddy

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 113
« Reply #59 on: September 28, 2010, 11:28:05 AM »
This breaks my heart