Author Topic: Hero shot in front of his daughter for defending skateboarders  (Read 147000 times)

Beer Wizard

Re: Hero shot in front of his daughter for defending skateboarders
« Reply #60 on: September 28, 2010, 11:35:08 AM »
http://www2.tbo.com/content/2010/sep/28/281112/man-involved-in-valrico-shooting-not-driving-schoo/

This murderer is a school bus driver!  And is still being allowed to drive buses!

This may be the father of the murderer:
Trevor E Dooley Sr
3207 Partridge Point Trl
Valrico, FL 33596-7936

I'm guessing the Trevor Dooley listed as age 32 is the murderer's profile:
http://www.whitepages.com/dir/Valrico-FL/Dooley/Trevor
(I don't know how to access it without paying)

Maybe slap can think of some way to harass this MURDERER.

StabMasterArson

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 774
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #61 on: September 28, 2010, 11:35:47 AM »
This is terrible. I feel for everyone involved. Shit like this should never happen.

CUDDLEMONSTER

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 170
  • reptiles
« Reply #62 on: September 28, 2010, 11:45:05 AM »
i'm from chicago and i hate when people use it as an example when talking about gun crime, or corruption, or gangs, or even how to run a large "green" city. the fact is you can't take chicago as an example for any one of these broad issues because the history of it is too tangled and fucked up.

the gun situation for example- chicago is not the wild west with everyone packing. it's just the same people shooting back and forth at each other. recently, the supreme court struck down the city's 30 year old gun ban and it hasn't affected the amount of violence in the city. yes, there is quite a bit of gun crime on the south and west sides but you can't separate that from the gang situation, or the drug situation, or even the poverty and segregation situation which is literally built into the geography of the city and has a lot to do with local politics (the first experiments in public housing all the way up to the TIF fiasco, the death of harold washington and the daley machine). it's just annoying. i feel like ever since obama got elected every other person is talking about "chicago-style politics" or using the city as an example for their fucked up opinions and has absolutely no idea what they're talking about.

Ronald Wilson Reagan

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -936
  • I own Malibu? I am going to fuck you.
« Reply #63 on: September 28, 2010, 12:00:45 PM »
^ The way Obama dealt with BP was Chicago style politics at its finest. He didn't wait for Congress to bitch and moan, he just went, met with the BP execs behind closed doors, and when they came out, there was an understanding that BP was going to pay $20 billion dollars and was gonna fix that shit. No bickering over amendments or partisan game playing to block it, just getting shit done. THAT is why Daley has been reelected so many times. Shit gets done.

Also, yeah, using a ghetto as an example is terribly misleading. It should also be pointed out that after working in some of the supposedly worst areas in America, I can tell you that the John Wayne gunslinging impression people have is bullshit. Its just a lie used to make people feel better about fucking over people in the inner city. If you turn entire neighborhoods into harbors for violence and criminals, people don't mind it when you don't take care of that part of the city, oppress the people living there, and generally fuck over everybody living there. The last thing people want to think is that they are fucking over real people, not just criminals and not just adults, but kids whose only crime is to be born into a part of a city without powerful political representation.
Are you a kook? If you would say this, the answer is “YES”
I quit skating for a time due to piling out

Sleazy

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 261
  • tiger style
« Reply #64 on: September 28, 2010, 12:11:22 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
guns don't kill people, people kill people...

uh, yeah right... pretty sure if handguns weren't legal this guy would have felt a little less comfortable walking down the street with a shotgun.
[close]

Because making handguns illegal will mean no one will have them...
[close]
there are theoretical downfalls to almost every law that could be enacted or exists.?  if guns where made illegal, somewhere in the united states someone who obtained a gun illegally would shoot a person who would have had a gun which they could have defended themself with had a law against gun ownership not been enacted; this may even happen many times.?  however, on an aggregate basis the amount of gun violence will decrease as the supply does.?  also, in many cases black market guns are stolen from legal ownership or gunstores in the first place so there is no doubt that the black market supply would decrease dramatically.?  ? 

and no one is pushing for all guns to be outlawed, just guns that are specifically designed to kill people. the biggest problem being hand guns. if we just limited guns to hunting riffles and shotguns it would eventually make a huge difference in these kinds of crimes because this asshole wouldn't have rushed out his house with a shot gun "just incase" and if he did bring it then people would have seen it and been able to run from the asshole. the problem is with handguns that can be easily concealed and brought just about anywhere, easily pointed out car windows ect...

they had a house wife in houston that shot a man to death over road rage, that kind of thing wouldn't happen if hand guns weren't legally available and again you could still easily defend your home and property with hunting riffles and shot guns.

all you have to do is look at the violence levels in countrys with these kind of laws to see that it works. there really is no logical argument against this on only a constitutional one.

Ronald Wilson Reagan

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #65 on: September 28, 2010, 12:26:32 PM »
^ You seriously think people will look at their hunting rifles and say "I want to kill this guy, its a shame this is only for shooting dear?"
Again, hunting is not a right. The 2nd amendment was made to allow militias (old school gangs) to be armed, it never mentioned hobbies or hunting. You don't have a right to a hobby.

Also, that "defend my house against an invasion" bullshit has absolutely no bearing statistically. You are far more likely to shoot a loved one than an invader. You should know that, Its been well proven and established. Empirically, guns make houses less safe. There is evidence of it, its not a theory or hypothesis.
For some reason though, there is this male macho asshole personality type (not necessarily anybody here in particular) that ignores the facts of it, and people act like buying a gun for self defense is not the terrible idea that it is.

Simply put- guns are the WORST thing to buy to keep your family safe.
I've mentioned it here before, but according to statistics, if keeping your house or family safe are your top priority, the best thing you can buy is a medium to large dog. They work better than guns, security systems, and just about anything else. Life is lived on the margins. People hear a dog and they move to the next house. There is no way of telling whether the owner has a gun, and most gun owners are scared to shoot.

So to put it simply, there is no evidence that any good comes from keeping guns legal at all. The people who want to keep guns legal are nothing more than assholes with some weird macho complex, people who haven't looked into the facts behind their hypotheses, or people who don't actually understand that guns play no role whatsoever in current day political power dynamics.

pugmaster

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1587
  • Overweight and Underprepared
« Reply #66 on: September 28, 2010, 12:33:45 PM »
Making gun ownership illegal will not give as many positive benefits as people think.  Americans have the right to own fire arms.  Our government is sketchy, people in general are sketchy and policing agencies can be sketchy at times.  Gun ownership should be allowed for responsible people and not allowed for people with different types of intellectual impairments or behavioral problems.

Prohibition didn't work.  Out lawing drugs doesn't work.  I wonder what a person would do if someone broke into their house and raped their wife? Sit there?  Fuck that shit, if there is one thing I have learned from Charles Bronson it is that VIGILANTE JUSTICE is the truest form of justice.
"...We got the nuclear worm over here..."

Never forget:
Rusty_Berrings, 360 frip, Yapple Dapple, Bubblegum Tate

vince the stud

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -202
  • 4Q
tricks are for kids , style is forever

Sleazy

• SLAP Pal
  • tiger style
« Reply #68 on: September 28, 2010, 12:45:37 PM »
Making gun ownership illegal will not give as many positive benefits as people think.  Americans have the right to own fire arms.  Our government is sketchy, people in general are sketchy and policing agencies can be sketchy at times.  Gun ownership should be allowed for responsible people and not allowed for people with different types of intellectual impairments or behavioral problems.

Prohibition didn't work.  Out lawing drugs doesn't work.  I wonder what a person would do if someone broke into their house and raped their wife? Sit there?  Fuck that shit, if there is one thing I have learned from Charles Bronson it is that VIGILANTE JUSTICE is the truest form of justice.

just look at the numbers, clearly gun control type laws make a difference

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gun_violence#Homicides_by_country

there's no need to reason around it when there is easily accessible data that shows how it would work.

Ronald Wilson Reagan

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #69 on: September 28, 2010, 12:49:03 PM »
Making gun ownership illegal will not give as many positive benefits as people think. �Americans have the right to own fire arms. �Our government is sketchy, people in general are sketchy and policing agencies can be sketchy at times. �Gun ownership should be allowed for responsible people and not allowed for people with different types of intellectual impairments or behavioral problems.

Prohibition didn't work. �Out lawing drugs doesn't work. �I wonder what a person would do if someone broke into their house and raped their wife? Sit there? �Fuck that shit, if there is one thing I have learned from Charles Bronson it is that VIGILANTE JUSTICE is the truest form of justice.

You are an idiot. Like I said, people don't save their family with guns in their house, they kill them. Its statistically proven.

Again, control of information, not control of weapons, is what controls us. You can have all the guns you want, do you really think you and your 3 buddies with your handguns and shotguns are going to take out the U.S. army? Like I said, you are a moron. This idea that owning guns will keep the government honest is sooooo stupid. People in the U.S. are controlled by media, not the point of a gun.
Vigilanteism is EXACTLY what caused the issue discussed in this thread. Are you seriously trying to argue its benefits?

barkeep11

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -135
« Reply #70 on: September 28, 2010, 01:11:21 PM »
The Gipper wins.

jack burton

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 158
« Reply #71 on: September 28, 2010, 01:29:21 PM »
Expand Quote

[close]
not funny.

I was more poking fun at how angsty my first post was. So where can I send this family my money?

Jupiter

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 54
« Reply #72 on: September 28, 2010, 03:25:04 PM »
smh  :(

Perfect Cock

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 62
« Reply #73 on: September 28, 2010, 05:01:15 PM »
The Gipper has slowly become one of my favorite posters.  :o
          o_O

Beer Wizard

« Reply #74 on: September 28, 2010, 06:25:52 PM »

http://www2.tbo.com/content/2010/sep/28/282051/man-involved-in-valrico-shooting-not-driving-schoo/news-breaking/

Charged with manslaughter................

Should get first degree murder.....
« Last Edit: September 28, 2010, 06:29:19 PM by nevercomply »

Pete

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 727
  • Free Max B
« Reply #75 on: September 29, 2010, 12:00:15 AM »
holy shit, fuck that dude. he should be killed twice.
FREE MAX B

Tyroneshoelaces

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -598
  • who knows
« Reply #76 on: September 29, 2010, 04:12:54 AM »
super bummed on this thread.  i seriously said a prayer for his family after seeing that.  this type of shit makes me never want to move back to the states.  complete bullshit.   
where is home?

Donkey Lips

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1000
« Reply #77 on: September 29, 2010, 04:50:06 AM »
That's a super fucking weird/sad case. Dude is gunned down for no fucking good reason (there's barely a good reason to fucking kill somebody) infront of his daughter. The shooter waits by the body for law enforcement. He's released and allowed to work at a school for a day or two, then cuffed, brought back on charges of manslaughter? I'm thinking the charges might be up'ed to murder.

This story makes you think though. I spent some teenage years telling people to get fucked when they would yell at me about skating public places. Any one of those people could've just snapped and decided to end me. Never know when you're just going to cross the wrong fucking dude I guess.

Sleazy

• SLAP Pal
  • tiger style
« Reply #78 on: September 29, 2010, 04:57:30 AM »

http://www2.tbo.com/content/2010/sep/28/282051/man-involved-in-valrico-shooting-not-driving-schoo/news-breaking/

Charged with manslaughter................

Should get first degree murder.....

sounds like manslaughter to me if the description was correct.

i put more blame on the concealed gun law than on the shooter. the shooter was definitely an idiot and asshole but reading the breakdown of what happened it seems clear that if he wasn't armed then this man would still be alive and he wouldn't be going to jail for man slaughter. two family’s ruined over nothing. if it wasn't legal to carry a concealed weapon then it probably would have just been a fist fight at worst. and it doesn't sound like this guy was trying to kill the victim. plus the guy who got shot was being kind of crazy for taunting a guy about not having the balls to use the gun he was carrying. why the hell would you do something like that, especially when you have your daughter with you? i guess he got desensitized to guns in the war or something but that seems like a really irresponsible thing for a parent to do and he'd be alive today and able to still be there for his family if he hadn't lost his cool like that. there's a lot of victims here but to me the problem is clearly allowing people to carry concealed hand guns because even if they don't want to use them, being stupid enough to show you are carrying can result in this kind of wasted life and tragedy.

landCow

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 91
« Reply #79 on: September 29, 2010, 05:26:51 AM »

if you dont ask you dont know, so call me dumb but why manslaughter?

Donkey Lips

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #80 on: September 29, 2010, 05:37:11 AM »
Expand Quote

[close]
I think because the description so far, there was a struggle for the piece and it went off. If the man had just walked up and plugged the dude in the chest, obvious murder charges would've dropped. But in this case, unless they discover a few witnesses or evidence that the man intentionally shot James in the chest, they'll probably keep the manslaughter charge.

Personally I think it should go as murder. The dude walked out and initiated the threat. He showed and drew his pistol with absolutely not threat of a weapon towards himself. The gun going off in the struggle...well he might never have really intended to shoot the guy, but he did and should be held accountable.

ohlindablair

• Rep: 2
« Reply #81 on: September 29, 2010, 05:49:25 AM »
this is one of the saddest thing i've heard in a while.

Beeda Weeda

« Reply #82 on: September 29, 2010, 06:30:53 AM »
all you have to do to get away with murder is getin a verbal and or light physical altercation, shoot sombody and its somwhat justified?

saucy ragu

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 515
« Reply #83 on: September 29, 2010, 07:20:14 AM »
Can we deter the conversation away from holding arms laws and figure out how to set up a fund for this family? I'd attempt to do it myself but I have work to complete by this afternoon. I think this link may help anyone trying to get it started but I'm not sure. My heart is wrenched right now. The original article was lacking in much detail, but it was obvious this man was the ONLY suspect, who seemingly had intent to harm someone by arguing with a firearm, isn't even brought up on murder charges.
Quote from: brent
sorrymom, when 112 sing to you what kinda feelin do it bring to you?

grimcity

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 2214
  • computer says no
« Reply #84 on: September 29, 2010, 07:58:36 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]
[close]
I think because the description so far, there was a struggle for the piece and it went off. If the man had just walked up and plugged the dude in the chest, obvious murder charges would've dropped. But in this case, unless they discover a few witnesses or evidence that the man intentionally shot James in the chest, they'll probably keep the manslaughter charge.

Personally I think it should go as murder. The dude walked out and initiated the threat. He showed and drew his pistol with absolutely not threat of a weapon towards himself. The gun going off in the struggle...well he might never have really intended to shoot the guy, but he did and should be held accountable.

I wish it would go down as a more severe murder charge, but the DA's going for the charge that will be easiest to convict... wonder what the max/minimum are there? Hopefully that old evil fuck does some time.

^ You seriously think people will look at their hunting rifles and say "I want to kill this guy, its a shame this is only for shooting dear?"
Again, hunting is not a right. The 2nd amendment was made to allow militias (old school gangs) to be armed, it never mentioned hobbies or hunting. You don't have a right to a hobby.

History, facts, and I agree with you, but I just wanted to mention that in 2008, Scalia (ironically, a self described "originalist" when interpreting the Constitution) basically help morph the Court's interpretation of the 2nd, applying it directly to personal gun ownership. I do a lot of sport shooting, from targets to small game, but the Court ruling was just stupid... if ever there was judicial activism, that was it.

As far as gun control, I'm down for whatever works. Louisiana is always in the top 1-3 in murder nationally. I don't know what can be realistically done though. Down here, we have dueling stupid gun cultures, from thugs to tweakers to hicks. I don't like handguns, but I can understand some of my friends carry (a couple of my friends are licensed to carry concealed). At least with my friends, I know they won't be engaging a bad guy in an office with walls made of sheet rock, but there are some trigger happy fucks out there that get a hard on every time they unholster to show off their gun.

The Court should overturn its 2008 ruling and require written and shooting range testing. At least to help weed out the dipshits who legally carry. I doubt all of them would have the resources to find a black market piece.

edit: was writing as you were posting, saucy... maybe facebook or their local paper will have something... will check later.
« Last Edit: September 29, 2010, 08:00:40 AM by grimcity »

bentmode

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 211
  • Da$h
« Reply #85 on: September 29, 2010, 08:03:38 AM »
Expand Quote

[close]

well im not exactly sure, but with murder there is supposed to be premeditation involved. the guy didnt plan to shoot that guy that day, also he could defend himself by simply saying he was provoked to do so.

should have read sleazys post.
Han solo blew up the Death Star in Episode 4.  Heard it from a friend.  Reliable source.

jeremyrandall

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 67
    • Ninetimes Skate Shop avatar image
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #86 on: September 29, 2010, 10:22:40 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]

well im not exactly sure, but with murder there is supposed to be premeditation involved. the guy didnt plan to shoot that guy that day, also he could defend himself by simply saying he was provoked to do so.

So why did he grab his gun in the first place then when he decided to walk over there and yell at the kids??? 

Donkey Lips

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #87 on: September 29, 2010, 10:32:47 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]
[close]

[close]

So why did he grab his gun in the first place then when he decided to walk over there and yell at the kids???? 
Exactly. Grabbing your weapon to carry it out should be counted in the case as intent to use said weapon. Which would give headway for a murder conviction, but this case was weird from the start...especially with them allowing him to leave for days before the actual charges were brought up. I could understand manslaughter charges if both men got in a tangle, the gun was in a holster and went off. In that case, the guy was legally carrying but not threatening. If witnesses are correct about it, the dude made a threat the moment he lifted his shirt and pointed at a pistol.

Kage

« Reply #88 on: September 29, 2010, 11:28:47 AM »
Sleazy what you said is really arrogant and ignorant and I'm shocked you are defending this murderer.

The man drew his pistol and pointed it at someone - that alone should be enough to establish intent and bring him up on murder charges. This is the law according to Sleazy and apparently the prosecutors:

If I draw a gun on you and you defend yourself by trying to take it away from me, and I end up killing you anyways that's not murder. But if I draw a gun on you and just plain shoot you, that's murder.

There is ZERO difference here - this was murder. Stop defending that fucking asshole.

Beeda Weeda

« Reply #89 on: September 29, 2010, 12:18:28 PM »
its noit like her tried to grab the gun from the holster, he had a gun drawn at hime, and 20 years military expereince, he was trying to protect his daughter and the kids around the park.