Author Topic: well, its official (not appleyard)  (Read 23486 times)

slappyslap

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: -31
Re: well, its official (not appleyard)
« Reply #120 on: October 09, 2010, 01:29:26 PM »

[/quote]

what are you like the responsible father of slap? skateboarding is so fucking business oriented these days it fuckin sucks. youve got guys like appleyard getting these retirement packages basicly. i guess im just bummed to see the industry go this way. its great to see people getting paid for what they love, but its also giving people a chance to just use there name to sell boards and thats good enough for them.

appleyard could probably never even need to get a photo for element. his ads are all probably going to be him holding his new baord with his name on it with that stupid fucking smile on his face. appleyard could never last on a company like REAL. thank god for companies like them. REAL would kick his lazy ass off so fast if he wasnt producing quality photos and footage. he should just fucking retire. look at heath. he realized he didnt want the aches and pains and stress anymore and he retired like A FUCKING MAN. not pussy fucking bitch move like appelyard. fuck you appleyard and your stupid retirement home. its straight up isnt about skateboarding anymore for this guy. just money plain and simple. dont beleive me? read his thrasher interview posted in the upper realm of this thread. thanks for reminding us all of how shitty and corporate skateboarding has become mark. go fuck yourself.
[/quote]

are you fucking stupid ?

saucy ragu

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 514
« Reply #121 on: October 09, 2010, 05:25:22 PM »
"Mr. Corporate" "Tree Huggin' @$$#hole"... This isn't always an oxymoron, but in Flip's case, I think it is.
Quote from: brent
sorrymom, when 112 sing to you what kinda feelin do it bring to you?

Dark Knight

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 363
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #122 on: October 09, 2010, 08:07:34 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
oh and as for living with my parents, when i graduated from high school last year i moved to berlin, and currently live here, so go fuck yourself you stupid fuck.
[close]

As I suspected, you've barely been on your own at all. Your attitude is pretty typical of teenagers.?

In another 15 years, when you start realizing that your body isn't going to hold up as well as Reynolds and that a shitty, mind-numbing job is likely in your future, you might decide it's a good idea to sock away some dollars for doing what you love. If you're lucky enough to even be in that situation, which is unlikely.

You might also realize that taking care of yourself and your family is more important than pleasing fools on message boards who barely have their mother's tit out of their mouth.

[close]

what are you like the responsible father of slap? skateboarding is so fucking business oriented these days it fuckin sucks. youve got guys like appleyard getting these retirement packages basicly. i guess im just bummed to see the industry go this way. its great to see people getting paid for what they love, but its also giving people a chance to just use there name to sell boards and thats good enough for them.

appleyard could probably never even need to get a photo for element. his ads are all probably going to be him holding his new baord with his name on it with that stupid fucking smile on his face. appleyard could never last on a company like REAL. thank god for companies like them. REAL would kick his lazy ass off so fast if he wasnt producing quality photos and footage. he should just fucking retire. look at heath. he realized he didnt want the aches and pains and stress anymore and he retired like A FUCKING MAN. not pussy fucking bitch move like appelyard. fuck you appleyard and your stupid retirement home. its straight up isnt about skateboarding anymore for this guy. just money plain and simple. dont beleive me? read his thrasher interview posted in the upper realm of this thread. thanks for reminding us all of how shitty and corporate skateboarding has become mark. go fuck yourself.

erm, ok.

STOP  POSTING

Pavementi

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -146
  • Fuck it
Re: well, its official.
« Reply #123 on: October 09, 2010, 08:43:35 PM »
Expand Quote
flip is embarrassing.
[close]

ok, this flip move does seem childish and shit, but more embarrassing is appleyard's atittude!

what kind of man says things like "i can't stand working"?

Who da fuck are you, man?... a fuckin eunuchSOTY?

I get your point but he said he "I can't stand working", not "I can't stand skating for a job"
Like Daewon said: if skateboarding is a ten story building, Rodney is on eleventh floor.

Hold The Tomatos

« Reply #124 on: October 09, 2010, 10:22:30 PM »
Expand Quote
It seems as though they listened to the streets
[close]

Yes, ladies and gentlemen, in our faggy new world, a bunch of chumps whining on an internet message board now qualifies as "the streets."

I was referring to shop managers and owners, as well as a large amount of skateboarders complaining, discussing and criticizing certain parts of element (ie footwear, weak team promotion etc,) to various reps and sales managers when deciding not to order from them. If these people had nothing to do with directly ordering from Element, word travels, and opinions are often shared. Element responded with TRIO, the end of their footwear line and the introduction of very well respected pros. I'm sorry that this message board is the first thing you reference when you read a comment like mine.

also, I had to:

« Last Edit: October 09, 2010, 10:25:01 PM by Alan »

Il Gimmi

« Reply #125 on: October 09, 2010, 11:59:54 PM »
I cant believe I just wasted my time reading this entire thread. I'm dumb founded how anyone could compare NHS and Billabong. Get a fucking clue. People are so up in arms over Flip posting that pic. Skateboarding is so PC and watered down now it hurts. Skating back in the day was full of this shit and it was funny and awesome. None of you fuck heads would know that cause like said in an earlier post you're just barley off your mothers tit. Apples bounced to get paid to a corporately owned brand, fact. Flip is a part of NHS. It is not corporately owned, fact. Whether they have some surf shit under their umbrella or not, Novak fucking owns it. Bob Denike is the CEO/President. He skated across the fucking united states back in the early 80's and could shred a pool like no body's biz. Jeff Kendall is the Vice Prez. Do I have to educate you on who he is. Do your fucking home work. From here on out lets all just sit around and jerk each other off and tell each other how awesome they are so we don't cause any ripples in the bath tub.

free_boulala

« Reply #126 on: October 10, 2010, 12:08:09 AM »

apparently you missed his nollie flip 5-0 180 ad that announced his element sponsorship. mark deserves every dollar he's going to get from element, 100%. also, everyone knows that the REAL team is amazing, please stop embarrassing them by bringing their name into your pathetic post.
« Last Edit: October 10, 2010, 12:13:04 AM by free_boulala »

few123456789

« Reply #127 on: October 10, 2010, 05:05:16 AM »
I cant believe I just wasted my time reading this entire thread. I'm dumb founded how anyone could compare NHS and Billabong. Get a fucking clue. People are so up in arms over Flip posting that pic. Skateboarding is so PC and watered down now it hurts. Skating back in the day was full of this shit and it was funny and awesome. None of you fuck heads would know that cause like said in an earlier post you're just barley off your mothers tit. Apples bounced to get paid to a corporately owned brand, fact. Flip is a part of NHS. It is not corporately owned, fact. Whether they have some surf shit under their umbrella or not, Novak fucking owns it. Bob Denike is the CEO/President. He skated across the fucking united states back in the early 80's and could shred a pool like no body's biz. Jeff Kendall is the Vice Prez. Do I have to educate you on who he is. Do your fucking home work. From here on out lets all just sit around and jerk each other off and tell each other how awesome they are so we don't cause any ripples in the bath tub.

Did you get a boner after posting this?  Look, nobody gives a shit.  We don't want to look at photos of this long-haired kid who worships Satan.  That about sums it up.  If you want to trash corporate shmucks who think good marketing is a girly-haired Satan-worshiper, go for it, but don't pull the "I walked six miles to school back in the day" B/S on here.  We're talking about skateboarding.  It's not that important; it's not life and death.  It's a piece of wood kids push around while the rest of the world actually gets shit done.

Basically, you should reconsider your life purpose.  If you're core enough.

Tyroneshoelaces

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -597
  • who knows
« Reply #128 on: October 10, 2010, 05:17:38 AM »
what on earth is going on in this thread
where is home?

Hola

• Rep: 56
  • 2NE1
« Reply #129 on: October 10, 2010, 06:28:26 AM »
what on earth is going on in this thread

haha

NowhereInLife

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 20
« Reply #130 on: October 10, 2010, 06:31:19 AM »
i think it's about people not making money for their skateboarding fighting about people who are? again.

Il Gimmi

« Reply #131 on: October 10, 2010, 09:15:33 AM »

[/quote]

Did you get a boner after posting this?  Look, nobody gives a shit.  We don't want to look at photos of this long-haired kid who worships Satan.  That about sums it up.  If you want to trash corporate shmucks who think good marketing is a girly-haired Satan-worshiper, go for it, but don't pull the "I walked six miles to school back in the day" B/S on here.  We're talking about skateboarding.  It's not that important; it's not life and death.  It's a piece of wood kids push around while the rest of the world actually gets shit done.

[/quote]

Once again some clueless fuck is throwing his clueless two cents in. Post up some shirtless picks of Sheck since a long haired kid who worships satan scares him so much. If all skating is to you is a piece of wood that kids push around on while the rest of the world gets shit done then you obviously don't get it and never will. Trade the board in for fruit boots, you'd be more at home on them. I've been riding a skateboard longer than I haven't and I owe everything to skateboarding. It's what keeps me sane and made me who I am today. Maybe one day you'll find the passion we all have for this piece of wood that kids push around on and dislodge your head from your buttocks. 

Hobochilli

• Mods
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 321
    Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #132 on: October 10, 2010, 09:19:02 AM »
Isnt Jeff Kendall that guy who dated that actress Winona Ryder?

BriDen

« Reply #133 on: October 10, 2010, 09:45:33 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]
Isnt Jeff Kendall that guy who dated that actress Winona Ryder?
More importantly, how are we supposed to all jerk each other off without making any ripples in the tub?

Il Gimmi

« Reply #134 on: October 10, 2010, 09:48:35 AM »
You only stick your feet in. NO kicking around from all the excitement though.

The Gipper 2.0

• Rep: 0
  • slap's resident crusader against stupidity
« Reply #135 on: October 10, 2010, 11:22:39 AM »
could you at least make your stupidity a little more concise.  i get thanked by SMART people everyday for shutting up stupid people like you.  so everyone at nhs is devoted to skateboarding, so the vast majority of their companies make excellent skate product and sponsor rippers, so they are not a corporately owned business.  shit doesn't matter cause they make surfboards and snowboards so they are just as bad as billabong.  the bottom line is i am a crusader for core companies and intelligence on the slap board; it's my job to to make sure that the truth is heard and i am supremely qualified to do this because my opinion is the truth.  if you want to argue with me i can post some messages ive received from smart people thanking me for what i do.
I shut up the stupid people and get thanked by the smart ones.  Using my superior intellect I also made the shocking discovery that nhs is actually just as bad as billabong, something no one else seemed to notice!  If you can't handle the truth get outta the kitchen!

Ronald Wilson Reagan

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -937
  • I own Malibu? I am going to fuck you.
« Reply #136 on: October 10, 2010, 12:48:51 PM »
You do have a legitimate point. However, they do make sporting goods equipment outside of skateboards, and generally making surfboards and sponsoring a surf team puts you in the "surf industry," so if they wanted to criticize element, perhaps they should have gone a different route.
Also, if everybody lays down, arches their back, and keeps all movement below the elbow, a ripple-less circle jerk could be achieved.
And with all the shit talking on him, I still back David. Dude has too cool of a backstory to dislike him for something so minor.
Are you a kook? If you would say this, the answer is “YES”
I quit skating for a time due to piling out

The Gipper 2.0

• Rep: 0
  • slap's resident crusader against stupidity
« Reply #137 on: October 10, 2010, 01:05:52 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]
You do have a legitimate point. However, they do make sporting goods equipment outside of skateboards, and generally making surfboards and sponsoring a surf team puts you in the "surf industry," so if they wanted to criticize element, perhaps they should have gone a different route.
Also, if everybody lays down, arches their back, and keeps all movement below the elbow, a ripple-less circle jerk could be achieved.
And with all the shit talking on him, I still back David. Dude has too cool of a backstory to dislike him for something so minor.
i bet he is so relieved! 
also could you please make a list of rules which can govern a formula that evaluates the legitness of all companies and their distributors.  for example you said billabong is no worse than nhs. so that formula could be B(billabong)=N(NHS) or possibly B>N (as your statement left open the possiblity they are better than NHS).  if we know that B<S(selfish skateboards) (this is not a gip approved opinion but rather a possible example) than we could figure out without even having you tell us that N<S.  im sure you could go even further and create complicated formulas and obviously expand on the rules (since you make them!) and this would be very helpful for idiots who want to know if their opinion is right or wrong without you telling them.  it could also save you some time in your heroic work of shutting up stupid people.
I shut up the stupid people and get thanked by the smart ones.  Using my superior intellect I also made the shocking discovery that nhs is actually just as bad as billabong, something no one else seemed to notice!  If you can't handle the truth get outta the kitchen!

Buddy G

« Reply #138 on: October 10, 2010, 01:15:45 PM »
Skateboarding is so PC and watered down now it hurts. Skating back in the day was full of this shit and it was funny and awesome. None of you fuck heads would know that cause like said in an earlier post you're just barley off your mothers tit. Apples bounced to get paid to a corporately owned brand, fact.

not really, 'this shit' nowadays seems to be people that are corporate but don't know what corporate means saying something is bad because it is corporate.

world didn't go at powell because it was a corporation, they did it because powell was fucking gay and embarrassing. like flip.
and a bit just because they wanted to make some money too.

Giovanni Falcone

« Reply #139 on: October 10, 2010, 01:25:02 PM »

This is the kind of attitude I'm talking about! DAmn. There definitely used to ads like that all the time way back in the day, those were the lifestyle ads.

Bertie

• Rep: 65
« Reply #140 on: October 10, 2010, 01:40:56 PM »
honestly i dont even really see AWS, girl, real as any different any more... i used to put those brand sorta one step higher but im pretty sure thats out the window now. please, correct me if im wrong.

"South Central Woodshop:
-Coda
-Bacon
-Merde
-5boro

Chapman Woodshop:
-Zoo York (maybe not anymore)
-Shut

Excellent board quality.

few123456789

« Reply #141 on: October 10, 2010, 06:35:55 PM »

[/quote]

Once again some clueless fuck is throwing his clueless two cents in. Post up some shirtless picks of Sheck since a long haired kid who worships satan scares him so much. If all skating is to you is a piece of wood that kids push around on while the rest of the world gets shit done then you obviously don't get it and never will. Trade the board in for fruit boots, you'd be more at home on them. I've been riding a skateboard longer than I haven't and I owe everything to skateboarding. It's what keeps me sane and made me who I am today. Maybe one day you'll find the passion we all have for this piece of wood that kids push around on and dislodge your head from your buttocks. 
[/quote]

You are so core dude.  Fucking core. 

It's not skateboarding that kept you sane, it's the friends you make as a skater.  Fucking people.  How old are you?

StabMasterArson

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 774
« Reply #142 on: October 10, 2010, 06:46:52 PM »
This thread sucks.

jerry seinfeld

« Reply #143 on: October 10, 2010, 08:05:58 PM »
Why do they call it a thread? Is they guy who starts the topic called the needle? What IS the deal?

BriDen

« Reply #144 on: October 10, 2010, 08:10:17 PM »
Why do they call it a thread? Is they guy who starts the topic called the needle? What IS the deal?

hahahaha I thought it was just a terrible post, but then I read the username.

Il Gimmi

« Reply #145 on: October 10, 2010, 10:39:32 PM »

You are so core dude.  Fucking core. 

It's not skateboarding that kept you sane, it's the friends you make as a skater.  Fucking people.  How old are you?
[/quote]

No my friend, it's skating that has been constant through out my life. I've def made some good friends a long the way but they come and go over the years. I'm in my mid 30's.

Il Gimmi

« Reply #146 on: October 10, 2010, 10:41:17 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

hahahaha I thought it was just a terrible post, but then I read the username.

I was thinking the same thing, haha

Tyroneshoelaces

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -597
  • who knows
« Reply #147 on: October 10, 2010, 10:41:31 PM »
deaner delete this shit
where is home?

Bubblegum Tate

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -1042
  • Slap's Resident Sneakerhead
    Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
    Gold Topic Start Gold Topic Start : Start a topic with over 10,000 replies.
« Reply #148 on: October 10, 2010, 10:52:54 PM »
Ethan Bubblegum Tate - Captain of the Harlem Globetrotters, lecturer of Physics at Globetrotter University.
Tate is one of the best posters that's not me

Inanimate Object

« Reply #149 on: October 10, 2010, 11:00:16 PM »
I think I'm going to start a really ridiculously core company.  I will ask that my riders injure themselves regularly on comically large spots and I will pay them nothing. Literally nothing. The kids will love it.