Author Topic: What are the Best skate spots in LONDON???  (Read 7717 times)

Beautifull

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -428
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
What are the Best skate spots in LONDON???
« on: October 12, 2010, 08:51:31 AM »
I've been to the South Bank, Mantime, and about to go to Bay66.  Any recommendations on where to go for some good street spots?  I hear you usually get kicked out of places.   

Thanks,

And any advice on a proper spot to get faded on a Tuesday night? 

Fillmore Dellridge

Re: What are the Best skate spots in LONDON???
« Reply #1 on: October 12, 2010, 07:25:03 PM »
There is a really fun planter, manny pad and block (with angle iron no less) spot across the road from Elephant and Castle station. It is part of a public park and I skated there for countless hours with no hassle during the spring. Mile End skatepark is also a great time. Just cruising The City is the most fun however, and I'd just go to Liverpool Street station or thereabouts and go find stuff.

I recommend the Lexington (near King's Cross) for becoming faded.

Beautifull

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -428
« Reply #2 on: October 13, 2010, 05:43:50 AM »
Well played sir!

I'll mos def be taking your advice. 
« Last Edit: October 13, 2010, 05:47:30 AM by Beautifull »

finknoos

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -170
  • Typos here there and everywhere
« Reply #3 on: October 13, 2010, 08:01:40 AM »
Sounds obvious i know but still never fails, just go to a skatepark during busy hours and ask people where their favourite london spot is, after talking to a few heads you will have a list of killer spots

overheated

« Reply #4 on: October 17, 2010, 05:27:34 AM »
Mile end is always worth a visit, can get a bit busy though. Meanwhile 2 is pretty nice as well, and the gonz gap is right next to it.

FILIFE

« Reply #5 on: November 10, 2010, 01:46:20 AM »
Parliment Square can be fun for a bit, especially if you like skating high ledges, theres also a 5 set there. Also big ben road gap is right across the road.
Blackfriars ledges are really nice but unfortunately only skateable on a sunday.
If your looking for skateparks i'd say Mile End is probably the best in London but also check out Stockwell and Whitegrounds/London Bridge Plaza.

wallydon

• Rep: -1
« Reply #6 on: November 15, 2010, 05:27:16 PM »
Parliment Square can be fun for a bit, especially if you like skating high ledges, theres also a 5 set there. Also big ben road gap is right across the road.
Blackfriars ledges are really nice but unfortunately only skateable on a sunday.
If your looking for skateparks i'd say Mile End is probably the best in London but also check out Stockwell and Whitegrounds/London Bridge Plaza.

parliament square is fenced off at the moment. blackfriars ledges are quality, they can be a bit hit and miss bustwise but you can usually skate them if you go late on a weekday it just depends on whether the guards can be bothered to come out (they're on a road called john carpenter st in the city), elephant and castle ledges are good, you can skate them all the time and they're not a bust. you're best bet for a lot of spots in a small area is the city (1 square mile where a lot of business/finance stuff is located) some spots you'll get booted from, some you won't, you just have to chance it. canary wharf is also amazing, it's a bust but you can often chance it and get 20 minutes or so. cabot square (jensen lost and found red marble plaza spot) is amazing, under heron quay DLR station is the curved marble ledge that baines does nollie half-cab ss crook revert)

london is good for skating but it's more about lots of little spots as opposed to big main spots where's there's people skating all day (with the exception of southbank but that's more like a zoo/tourist attraction than a spot these days)

wallydon

• Rep: -1
« Reply #7 on: November 15, 2010, 05:28:47 PM »
I've been to the South Bank, Mantime, and about to go to Bay66.  Any recommendations on where to go for some good street spots?  I hear you usually get kicked out of places.   

Thanks,

And any advice on a proper spot to get faded on a Tuesday night? 

oh yeah the roxy on tuesday is a good indie night, 2 beers for 3 quid and fit student birds. it's just off oxford st, google it.

Smurph

• Rep: 30
« Reply #8 on: November 16, 2010, 05:23:00 PM »
you're best bet for a lot of spots in a small area is the city (1 square mile where a lot of business/finance stuff is located) some spots you'll get booted from, some you won't, you just have to chance it.
Just for the sake of clarity (for the op's sake), in London, though it's not really a big deal, 'the City' and 'London' are differentiated. Basically what (I think) he means is in and around Aldagate (the business district) there is an abundance of skate spots.

london is good for skating but it's more about lots of little spots as opposed to big main spots where's there's people skating all day (with the exception of southbank but that's more like a zoo/tourist attraction than a spot these days)
True about Southbank. If you're having a bad day it's not the ideal place to be as there are hundreds of people taking pictures of you, staring at you and just generally regarding you as some new installation at South Bank; take it as a compliment or an insult, your choice.

London has great museums, I would recommend the V&A museum in South Kensington.

Also with regard to skate stores, Slam City Skates is pretty central. Go to Covent Garden and get to Seven Dials (it's pretty well known) and from there you should be able to find Neal's yard quite easily.

Enjoy, London is great and has so much to do.

FILIFE

« Reply #9 on: November 30, 2010, 02:45:01 AM »
Expand Quote
you're best bet for a lot of spots in a small area is the city (1 square mile where a lot of business/finance stuff is located) some spots you'll get booted from, some you won't, you just have to chance it.
[close]
Just for the sake of clarity (for the op's sake), in London, though it's not really a big deal, 'the City' and 'London' are differentiated. Basically what (I think) he means is in and around Aldagate (the business district) there is an abundance of skate spots.

Expand Quote
[close]
True about Southbank. If you're having a bad day it's not the ideal place to be as there are hundreds of people taking pictures of you, staring at you and just generally regarding you as some new installation at South Bank; take it as a compliment or an insult, your choice.

London has great museums, I would recommend the V&A museum in South Kensington.

Also with regard to skate stores, Slam City Skates is pretty central. Go to Covent Garden and get to Seven Dials (it's pretty well known) and from there you should be able to find Neal's yard quite easily.

Enjoy, London is great and has so much to do.

Slam city is good but clothing is mostly overpriced there, allright for picking up decks though.
The city is not bad though and has some nice spots around St. Pauls area, namely the low pier-esque hubba.