Author Topic: Gillette & Getz Interviews  (Read 15088 times)

Exile on MainSt.

Re: Gillette & Getz Interviews
« Reply #30 on: October 21, 2010, 07:32:07 PM »
Hmmm, edited some stuff out of the interview from the way it originally was I see. Burton give you a little nudge nudge?

Noticed that too....

P Casanova

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: -124
    • Eastern Exposure avatar image
« Reply #31 on: October 21, 2010, 08:16:57 PM »
habitat needs to get kyle back before selfish fucks him. hes too good for that shit.

and who knows how serious that silas gillette thing is. silas seems too mellow for that shit. it sounded more like a weird complement.
FYI- Selfish isn't going anywhere....you will just have to deal with the fact that Selfish is here to stay.
« Last Edit: October 21, 2010, 08:54:31 PM by SelfishRep »

Ronald Wilson Reagan

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -937
  • I own Malibu? I am going to fuck you.
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #32 on: October 21, 2010, 08:20:23 PM »
Expand Quote
habitat needs to get kyle back before selfish fucks him. hes too good for that shit.

and who knows how serious that silas gillette thing is. silas seems too mellow for that shit. it sounded more like a weird complement.
[close]
FYI- Selfish isn't going anywhere....you will just have to deal with it.
Way to reach out to the potential customers dude.
Maybe that should be your new slogan "you will just have to deal with it"

And apparently that interview got censored, anything else I missed? I didn't see the part where anybody talked shit on Daryl, just that he got on quickly based on Janoski's word.
Are you a kook? If you would say this, the answer is “YES”
I quit skating for a time due to piling out

vince the stud

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -202
  • 4Q
« Reply #33 on: October 21, 2010, 08:36:41 PM »
and that's exactly why i don't like habitat & aws they both have sick rider and history. but since burton took it over they slowly lost they style
tricks are for kids , style is forever

skateskateskate

« Reply #34 on: October 21, 2010, 08:50:58 PM »
Hmmm, edited some stuff out of the interview from the way it originally was I see. Burton give you a little nudge nudge?
typical

stef

• Rep: -1
« Reply #35 on: October 21, 2010, 10:02:03 PM »
And apparently that interview got censored, anything else I missed? I didn't see the part where anybody talked shit on Daryl, just that he got on quickly based on Janoski's word.

It originally said something like "Daryl Angel got on basically because of Stefan Janoski which I don't even want to talk about."

A whole question Getz answered about the issue of Austyn not getting along with Daryl got taken out, too.

Boomhauer

• Rep: 43
  • Yep
« Reply #36 on: October 21, 2010, 11:25:36 PM »
fuck this censored bullshit. nieratko must be bending over for the skateboard fcc.

MrDreamPop

• Rep: -86
« Reply #37 on: October 22, 2010, 12:34:34 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

It originally said something like "Daryl Angel got on basically because of Stefan Janoski which I don't even want to talk about."

A whole question Getz answered about the issue of Austyn not getting along with Daryl got taken out, too.

someone please elaborate.  i've always wondered how he got on with a pro model waiting for him when he really didn't deserve it at that point.  can't imagine he would have sold too many boards when he turned pro.  i was pleasantly surprised by how much i liked his origin part though.

i don't give a fuck about this east coast/west coast bullshit you fags are always talking about.  The skill level of this team is of the charts, everyone on the team has a distinctive style that you all should appreciate, and the product is the best in the industry.  any opinion other than habitat is fucking sick should be disregarded.

it seems to me like silas and austyn have resolved their issues, if any, in their own way.  am i the only one that was psyched to read how stoked kerry is on guru?  def my favorite part in the flick.
life poser

smokecrack

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -160
« Reply #38 on: October 22, 2010, 12:48:14 AM »
they censored the shit out of these interviews! nieratko, espn and habitat are all fucking lame now. are you serious? you're afraid the consumer's not gonna by your wood sticks anymore cuz Austin doesn't get along with Daryl and Silas, or because Getz isn't hyped that Stefan got Daryl on? hahaha, skateboarding is so fucking lame nowadays. Andy Roy needs to come through and penetrate some shit! like a real, uncensored man! haha.

I MISS BIG BROTHER MAGAZINE

saucy ragu

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 514
« Reply #39 on: October 22, 2010, 01:12:21 AM »
FYI- Selfish isn't going anywhere....you will just have to deal with the fact that Selfish is here to stay.

Good, stay right where you are. At the bottom.
Quote from: brent
sorrymom, when 112 sing to you what kinda feelin do it bring to you?

Hobochilli

• Mods
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 321
    Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #40 on: October 22, 2010, 01:45:02 AM »
Expand Quote

[close]
I deal with it, i just dont buy your products

Mullet Man

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -424
« Reply #41 on: October 22, 2010, 03:37:49 AM »
Yeah, what's with the weird edits? Everything from the "Silas doesn't look like he can even push" to the "Stefan Renaud" thing got hacked.

Neiratko, you don't even skate. So you're just some kind of 40 year old super fan? Yeah... creepy.

Donkey Lips

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1019
« Reply #42 on: October 22, 2010, 04:32:25 AM »
Joking? I thought Silas and Austyn always got along. Maybe a joke that didn't translate to text very well so it was pulled before the flood gates opened.

Getz is working on a website I heard.

hekkahyphy

« Reply #43 on: October 22, 2010, 04:50:03 AM »
Wld it be too much to ask for an email of the original? I read the posts before the interview and doing so made it seem like slap was overanalyzing

CNieratko

• Rep: 257
« Reply #44 on: October 22, 2010, 05:13:37 AM »
I didn't want any edits to occur.
I never want shit to get cut.

This is the vanilla-zation of skating.
And i miss Big Brother too.

And please feel free to come not-skate with me any time you're in New Jersey.

kamltoe

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -443
« Reply #45 on: October 22, 2010, 05:51:01 AM »

yo son, PM me the original. i want to read the real shit. i'm not even reading the propaganda version. fuck that.

k

Quote from: The Gipper

Classic keyboard skate champion talk right there.

you need to stop thinking people do what you tell them bc they dont.

Home Skillet

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 44

The Ghost of Lenny Kirk

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -146
« Reply #47 on: October 22, 2010, 10:36:41 AM »

who forced the edit?

kamltoe

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #48 on: October 22, 2010, 10:57:14 AM »
sorry, i should've had this up sooner.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Austyn Gillette
What was the highlight of making the new Habitat video?

This video we filmed with Marius and that was pretty cool because I was with him a lot. I traveled a lot with this video. I spent a lot of time in Europe, that was one of the main highlights. Filming is pretty hard sometimes so maybe just going to cool places was the highlight.
Get in any trouble in Europe?
Yes, yes, yes we did. We got kicked out of the apartment in Germany thanks to me. That was my fault. We were just making dinners for girls and it got loud and cops came. I can?t really say much more.
You were evicted for making a loud dinner?
Evicted! Exactly. That?s my story.
What?s your best Tim O?Conner story?
You love that guy, huh? I don?t know; he?s pretty normal lately. I don?t have any good ones. He?s on a leash now.
It?s the wife?s doing, huh?
I?m not going to say. I don?t know what he?s doing.
On the other end of the spectrum, What?s your best Fred Gall story?
Wow. We went to Macao and it?s basically like the Las Vegas of China. It?s an island that?s Fred Gall-Land. Anything bad you could get into, he got into. He kept us up for hours and we had a Fred-Over. We were up the entire trip. That was pretty cool. We?ve had wild times every trip.
Who has the best part?
Haven?t seen it. I?ve just been getting texts and emails from people that saw it. I?m kind of scared.
Being on Habitat, did you learn to play the guitar in 7 days?
It didn?t take that long. We had a four-day trial run. If you can strum a song you?re on.
And that kept you on the team?
No. Lasting trips with Fred and getting in physical fights with Brenan is what did it. It?s weird. I got tortured and I know Silas got harshed a good amount getting on the team from Renaud but the recent additions to the team didn?t have to do anything. Marius got on in one night. Daryl got on basically because Stefan and I don?t want to talk about that situation. No one is getting harshed to get on anymore. It?s easy nowadays.
At any point during filming, did you get so frustrated watching Silas skate that you wanted to pull a Tanya Harding?
I don?t skate with Silas. I don?t get along with him too well. He?s bitter and I?m not bitter and we don?t get along together. We really don?t work well together and we?ve both accepted it. I?ve seen him skate in person and it?s really annoying because he can do anything and he doesn?t look like that kind of person. He doesn?t look like someone who is even capable of pushing. He does the most incredible tricks I?ve ever seen in my life. He?s probably one of the best out there. He?s rad to watch in person.

Kerry Getz
How was making this video different than making previous Habitat videos?

It was way different for me because it wasn?t my main focus. It wasn?t announced that we needed full parts in the video; it was more like they needed 10-15 tricks from us because they were basing the whole video around the new guys that came on the team in the past 3 or 4 years. And we wanted to do like a documentary of Habitat over the past ten years. That was my take on it and then when it came out I was bummed that I didn?t have the time to put more effort in. I thought it was more for the ams and I got this other thing I?m working on real hard.
Can you talk about the other thing you?re working on?
I can?t. I?d like to but I don?t want to get it out there because I?m running into trademark issues already. I?m working on big stuff to launch this thing in the next year.
But next year we can expect to see a whole lot more Kerry Getz footage?
Yes, exactly.
What was the highlight of making this video?
The highlight was Guru. He?s such a rad dude and his footage was blowing my mind.
Who has the best part?
Absolutely Guru has the best part. Guru and Silas are right there; it?s about a tie.
I didn?t know Austin and Silas are far from being BFFs.
There?s a lot going on over there. I don?t know; that?s some West Coast stuff, man. I?m so far out of all that stuff like who is fighting with who, who hates who, who is talking about who. I just stay on my side of the campfire and shut up. I just recently heard that Austyn and Daryl don?t like each other and I never knew that. Now you?re telling me Austyn and Silas don?t like each other. Someone has issues over there; just keep me out of it. It?s high school games.
Last we spoke you were thinking about making the contest comeback but I haven?t seen you in any of these contest. What happened?
I tried, man. I gave it a shot. I entered Copenhagen and I did ok. All the traveling and the doing bad in them I was like, ?Why am I doing this?? I felt like I couldn?t keep up with any of those, especially guys with training facilities. I lost my training facility when Kalis and all those dudes moved out of Philly. I had nowhere to go to in the winter. And I like jam formats but after that 10-minute session I?m done. I can?t last the whole weekend. I realized why I stopped doing them. You realize when you shouldn?t be entering them anymore, when you?re getting shut out every time and not doing well. I felt like there was no reason for me to be there.
My last question is, how come Kyle Nicolson didn?t get on Habit and he ended up on Shellfish Skateboards?
I don?t know, man. Skateboarding is a critical thing and Habitat is a tough company to get on and they pick and choose. I don?t even want to talk about that?it sucks.
But we can agree that Kyle rips, right?
I agree that he should be on Habitat. He is one of the best East Coast skateboarders right now and in the entire world. He rips and he just turned 21 and he can outskate almost anybody I?ve ever seen. The kid is unbelievable. He can skate everything and kill it. I really wish that Habitat would have done something with him and gave him a chance to get out there.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

done. full and unedited. thanks for keeping it real Chris.

k

TMKF

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -485
« Reply #49 on: October 22, 2010, 11:30:43 AM »
Selfish is a joke, they will not last more than a couple years max. There is not one heavy hitter on the team, and no a heavy weight does not count. Jereme Rogers will never be taken seriously again in skateboarding, and honestly he never really was. He was the red headed stepchild of the PJ ladd video, and Girl and was never considered to be one of the best of those eras by anyone who's opinion means anything. Don't try to bring up some stupid ass transworld award as those don't count either. The worst part is the guy thinks he's the best thing ever or at least top 3 hahaha, what a joke. The sad truth is that most people know he is decent at skating and is just a kook and they feel bad for him. That's why they let him skate contests and say what's up to him and claim they will back his company. I'm not trying to be a hater or a dick I'm simply stating the facts here. Selfishrep you're either a clueless no nothing who doesn't skate or you're in denial, either way it will not change the fact that Selfish will not make it past the next couple of years and even if it does it will be in serious debt and nothing more than a the laughing stock of the industry behind your backs of course.

spool of cord

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 47
  • Welcome to another chapter of audio sodemy
« Reply #50 on: October 22, 2010, 11:35:40 AM »
I think you need to learn when to shut the fuck up.
sanch dont be mad because your wife used to clean my mansion

and................... your still a mark!!!!!

Mr.Jenkins

• Rep: 156
« Reply #51 on: October 22, 2010, 12:28:07 PM »
I cant stand Getz. Worst personality out there. Doing demos, breaking his board and walking out og there ig the skatings not good. Taking anger outbreaks out on people around him.  :-X

MrDreamPop

• Rep: -86
« Reply #52 on: October 22, 2010, 01:11:52 PM »
honestly he never really was. He was the red headed stepchild of the PJ ladd video, and Girl and was never considered to be one of the best of those eras by anyone who's opinion means anything.
wtf

dude's a faggot but i won't ever let that stop me from watching his yeah right part
life poser

Nancy Chin The Manicurist

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 222
« Reply #53 on: October 22, 2010, 01:12:53 PM »

whatever happened to its supposed comeback?

kamltoe

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #54 on: October 22, 2010, 01:27:20 PM »
Selfish is a joke, they will not last more than a couple years max. There is not one heavy hitter on the team, and no a heavy weight does not count. Jereme Rogers will never be taken seriously again in skateboarding, and honestly he never really was. He was the red headed stepchild of the PJ ladd video, and Girl and was never considered to be one of the best of those eras by anyone who's opinion means anything. Don't try to bring up some stupid ass transworld award as those don't count either. The worst part is the guy thinks he's the best thing ever or at least top 3 hahaha, what a joke. The sad truth is that most people know he is decent at skating and is just a kook and they feel bad for him. That's why they let him skate contests and say what's up to him and claim they will back his company. I'm not trying to be a hater or a dick I'm simply stating the facts here. Selfishrep you're either a clueless no nothing who doesn't skate or you're in denial, either way it will not change the fact that Selfish will not make it past the next couple of years and even if it does it will be in serious debt and nothing more than a the laughing stock of the industry behind your backs of course.

wrong thread holmes. someone move this.

k

gutterhead.

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -15
« Reply #55 on: October 22, 2010, 02:08:39 PM »
This is tight hahaha

TMKF

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -485
« Reply #56 on: October 22, 2010, 02:11:38 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

k

Not the wrong thread actually...but i'll post it in the other one too.

Nancy Chin The Manicurist

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 222
« Reply #57 on: October 22, 2010, 03:30:23 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

k
[close]

Not the wrong thread actually...but i'll post it in the other one too.

you should post it in every thread.

Leonard Winters

• Rep: -4
« Reply #58 on: October 22, 2010, 04:09:43 PM »
I wonder where Austin will end up next?  Great interview nieratko...as usual

On Girl or Chocolate with Shane O'neill

Poele

• Rep: 9
« Reply #59 on: October 23, 2010, 01:04:27 AM »
Expand Quote

[close]

who forced the edit?

And do you think Austyn was sarcastic about him not getting along with Silas or was he serious? Good interview, at least the uncensored one.