Author Topic: Frequently Asked Questions-Shoes/Trucks/Wheels and Everything else.  (Read 50322 times)

The Donger

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: -63
Re: Frequently Asked Questions-Shoes/Trucks/Wheels and Everything else.
« Reply #60 on: March 13, 2011, 06:26:35 PM »
When do the Szafranski's come out, the one's with the bells, whistles, straps and zippers.

Bubblegum Tate

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -1042
  • Slap's Resident Sneakerhead
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
    Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
    Gold Topic Start Gold Topic Start : Start a topic with over 10,000 replies.
« Reply #61 on: March 14, 2011, 12:23:36 AM »
When do the Szafranski's come out, the one's with the bells, whistles, straps and zippers.

The SZA drops summer/fall
Ethan Bubblegum Tate - Captain of the Harlem Globetrotters, lecturer of Physics at Globetrotter University.
Tate is one of the best posters that's not me

The Donger

• Rep: -63
« Reply #62 on: March 14, 2011, 01:36:28 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

http://cgi.ebay.com/EMERICA-BRAYDON-SZAFRANSKI-SZA-SKATEBOARD-SHOE-WHT-9-5-/160557732636?pt=US_Men_s_Shoes&hash=item2561fc931c

Some dude on ebay selling them. So are these fake/knockoffs?

Sk8er4lifer

• Rep: -1
« Reply #63 on: March 14, 2011, 01:53:31 PM »
What is the best cup sole shoes on the market right now? Can't skate anything else. Keep getting really bad heel bruises in vulc shoes . Thinking about getting some insoles but after seeing http://iancoughlan.wordpress.com/2011/03/07/footprint-insoles-review-the-amazon/ Not down for Footprint/Game Changers. No heel support it looks like. Thinking about getting some Remind Insoles. my current set up is Theeve trucks and 8" Habitat board.

Gnarwhal

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -20
« Reply #64 on: March 15, 2011, 06:01:46 PM »
What is the best cup sole shoes on the market right now? Can't skate anything else. Keep getting really bad heel bruises in vulc shoes . Thinking about getting some insoles but after seeing http://iancoughlan.wordpress.com/2011/03/07/footprint-insoles-review-the-amazon/ Not down for Footprint/Game Changers. No heel support it looks like. Thinking about getting some Remind Insoles. my current set up is Theeve trucks and 8" Habitat board.

ive heard these are pretty great in preventing heel bruises

Bubblegum Tate

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #65 on: March 15, 2011, 11:09:00 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

http://cgi.ebay.com/EMERICA-BRAYDON-SZAFRANSKI-SZA-SKATEBOARD-SHOE-WHT-9-5-/160557732636?pt=US_Men_s_Shoes&hash=item2561fc931c

Some dude on ebay selling them. So are these fake/knockoffs?

They are real, its a Sample. You can see a lot of samples on eBay
Ethan Bubblegum Tate - Captain of the Harlem Globetrotters, lecturer of Physics at Globetrotter University.

brokenheadphone

• Rep: -3
« Reply #66 on: March 16, 2011, 08:03:18 AM »
No idea what the best are. It seems like a lot of cupsoles today are very thin, or at least noticeably thinner than what what I used to skate in the mid-90s.

Right now I'm skating a pair of DC Dompierre Mids and a pair of 'eS Sagas. Both of the shoes seem to have decent impact support in the heel (gel/airbag) but the forefoot area of the soles are quite thin. Maybe not as thin as a pair of vulcs but definitely thinner than I would prefer. There was a thread about insoles that recommended Sof Soles "Athlete" insoles so I got a pair for the Sagas. They're real thick and cushiony but I would prefer a bit more stiffness in the heel and arch area. The stock insoles in the DCs are way better than stock STI ones but could be better.

Eventually I may just have to troll ebay for NOS skate shoes from the 90s and early 2000s or maybe try some of the Airwalk reissues that are coming out.

For insoles, not sure what I will try next. I'd like something with decent cushion over the whole foot but with some stiffness in the arch and heel. By stiffness, I don't mean hard plastic arch things that dig in to your foot like Superfeet and the like.

Sk8er4lifer

• Rep: -1
« Reply #67 on: March 16, 2011, 06:27:34 PM »
No idea what the best are. It seems like a lot of cupsoles today are very thin, or at least noticeably thinner than what what I used to skate in the mid-90s.

Right now I'm skating a pair of DC Dompierre Mids and a pair of 'eS Sagas. Both of the shoes seem to have decent impact support in the heel (gel/airbag) but the forefoot area of the soles are quite thin. Maybe not as thin as a pair of vulcs but definitely thinner than I would prefer. There was a thread about insoles that recommended Sof Soles "Athlete" insoles so I got a pair for the Sagas. They're real thick and cushiony but I would prefer a bit more stiffness in the heel and arch area. The stock insoles in the DCs are way better than stock STI ones but could be better.

Eventually I may just have to troll ebay for NOS skate shoes from the 90s and early 2000s or maybe try some of the Airwalk reissues that are coming out.

For insoles, not sure what I will try next. I'd like something with decent cushion over the whole foot but with some stiffness in the arch and heel. By stiffness, I don't mean hard plastic arch things that dig in to your foot like Superfeet and the like.

Expand Quote
[close]

I need to try a pair of Dompierre on. They just don't look that good on the shoe wall at the shops I have been to.

Thanks brokenheadphone

brokenheadphone

« Reply #68 on: March 17, 2011, 10:06:27 AM »
I don't mind the overall design of the shoe at all. The suede in the toe/ollie area is nice and thick and I prefer mids. Lacesaver flap is a nice touch. They do come in lows if that's what you like. The colorways *aren't* my favorite, but they're okay. I have the black/purple ones and the two tone grey ones. I think the solid black ones with the white sole look the best. I can't complain too much about the colorways because:

1) I paid $30 for each pair w/free shipping.

2) I only wear them while skating and my pants/jeans cover my shoes. (Not down with the skinny jean trend)
« Last Edit: March 17, 2011, 10:10:46 AM by brokenheadphone »

ogaxions4life

Remind me
« Reply #69 on: March 19, 2011, 12:19:52 PM »
What is the best cup sole shoes on the market right now? Can't skate anything else. Keep getting really bad heel bruises in vulc shoes . Thinking about getting some insoles but after seeing http://iancoughlan.wordpress.comthe-amazon/ Not down for Footprint/Game Changers. No heel support it looks like. Thinking about getting some Remind Insoles. my current set up is Theeve trucks and 8" Habitat board.

Remind me to buy some DR scholls next time so I could get thicker gel pads and five pairs for the same price. Um and yeah conform to your specific feet? um... no.

Hahahaha  They even changed the front page of their website to say "Footprint" on it. hahahahahahaha

« Last Edit: March 21, 2011, 09:09:59 PM by ogaxions4life »

Gnarwhal

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -20
« Reply #70 on: March 19, 2011, 01:03:49 PM »
^ footprint insoles are sick, my feet dont get as sore and shit, but your repping that shit pretty hard

William Jefferson Clinton

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -228
« Reply #71 on: March 19, 2011, 01:15:50 PM »
Has anybody skated that P2 shit?  Some dudes tryin to sell me one for 50, but it sketches me out, I dont really trust most of that tech shit, just stick with regular 7 ply.

chillout

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 9
  • beer
« Reply #72 on: March 20, 2011, 07:43:14 PM »
anyone use the spacers that come with bearings? do they make a difference?

Bubblegum Tate

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #73 on: March 20, 2011, 09:19:58 PM »
Has anybody skated that P2 shit?  Some dudes tryin to sell me one for 50, but it sketches me out, I dont really trust most of that tech shit, just stick with regular 7 ply.

works for shecks

:P

smokecrack

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -160
« Reply #74 on: March 20, 2011, 09:57:56 PM »
Tate, (or anyone who could help) so someone gave me a pair of indy's with spitfire wheels and bearings on them. whoever rode the trucks last rode the shit outta the wheels, to the point that i have to rotate them. i haven't had wheels like this in a while, so i need to know which way to rotate them. they look like this (couldn't find a good pic online, so excuse my awesome ms paint skills)

i've been riding a new wheels for a while, so i kinda feel like a 'tard for not knowing this. (these wheels and trucks are for my spare set-up btw)

BriDen

« Reply #75 on: March 20, 2011, 10:12:27 PM »
Yeah, that way will even them out, but is the coning really that steep or did you exaggerate?

smokecrack

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -160
« Reply #76 on: March 20, 2011, 10:55:49 PM »
Yeah, that way will even them out, but is the coning really that steep or did you exaggerate?

thanks Brian.

yeah, i exaggerated to make it obvious which direction they were coning in.

brokenheadphone

« Reply #77 on: March 21, 2011, 08:21:51 AM »
If the coning leans toward the inside like the pic, leave the wheels as they are. If you flip them it will make them more coned. Thicker part on the outside like the pic and the thicker part will wear flat eventually to be even with the smaller part on the inside.

brokenheadphone

« Reply #78 on: March 21, 2011, 08:28:06 AM »
I've always used spacers if they come with my bearings. When I rode cheaper bearings, they had no spacers, so I just went without them. Supposedly, spacers will make your bearings last longer because they give the bearings a more stable surface to turn on or something like that. One thing I've noticed with spacers is that the wheels stay locked down better, especially when used with the double washers (instead of 1 washer per wheel) that come with trucks these days.

anyone use the spacers that come with bearings? do they make a difference?

gaunting

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 186
« Reply #79 on: March 21, 2011, 03:26:36 PM »
how are the adidas busentiz? i wanna get them, but i've never had a shoe like that, i always skate in vulc soles. are they good?
This has me cracking up, what exactly does Black Flag have to do with measuring your dick starting behind ya nuts?

Skateboarding is nothing but a game to find the right fits to appear like you're a proportional human being instead of a midget or a giant.

finknoos

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -170
  • Typos here there and everywhere
« Reply #80 on: March 22, 2011, 04:20:05 AM »
how are the adidas busentiz? i wanna get them, but i've never had a shoe like that, i always skate in vulc soles. are they good?

obviously, where im from theyre rivaling the janoskis in popularity, but try them on before you buy because i had to get a size bigger than most other shoes.

my mate got his first pair the other day and the first thing he said was "i feel like a race driver" which is quite suiting for a busenitz shoe

bbk

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 278
  • Dopeness
« Reply #81 on: March 22, 2011, 04:54:17 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

obviously, where im from theyre rivaling the janoskis in popularity, but try them on before you buy because i had to get a size bigger than most other shoes.

my mate got his first pair the other day and the first thing he said was "i feel like a race driver" which is quite suiting for a busenitz shoe
I used to "go busenitz" on the flatrail when I had a pair last year, drop in on the bank, push as hard as I could and smith grind and front board the whole thing, probably the most fun I've had on a skateboard

finknoos

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #82 on: March 22, 2011, 05:01:42 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]
I used to "go busenitz" on the flatrail when I had a pair last year, drop in on the bank, push as hard as I could and smith grind and front board the whole thing, probably the most fun I've had on a skateboard

ha kinda same here, i always skate kinda fast but when im wearing busenitz i feel like i should make an extra effort to go as fast as i physically can, usually means that i cant actually do flippity tricks though, so i just end up doing super speedy big ollies off stuff or long ass board slides and manuals and stuff. i love staking that fast, but flipping your board at the same time is just crazy

Upgrayedd

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 446
  • Fuck Tom Knox
« Reply #83 on: March 22, 2011, 04:56:34 PM »
which brand of shoe laces sponseurs douglas brown?

Slap Gravitational Waveboarding Magazine:
"We can't do it yet, but when we can it'll be sick."
-grim

bbk

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 278
  • Dopeness
« Reply #84 on: March 28, 2011, 12:02:11 AM »
is there any wheel even comparable to stf in slideability and flatspotresistance?

I'd like to try sml, hubba streetsweepers or pig streetcores and the hard hifis and whatnot, but the last time I rode something other than stf it just felt off

Bubblegum Tate

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #85 on: March 28, 2011, 12:15:02 AM »
is there any wheel even comparable to stf in slideability and flatspotresistance?

I'd like to try sml, hubba streetsweepers or pig streetcores and the hard hifis and whatnot, but the last time I rode something other than stf it just felt off

hubba streetsweepers slim are all i ride. Really, really hard to flatspot. I cant compare to bones wheels, since i never rode any bones.

finknoos

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #86 on: March 28, 2011, 03:59:25 AM »

i dont know about flatspots because i barely ever get them but for sliding... some deathwish wheels are great for that shit, before i was riding some stf's and on average (on flat) i could powerslide like 3 metres or so but with the deathwish i can hit about 5-6 no problem

finknoos

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #87 on: March 29, 2011, 05:53:15 AM »
does anyone know what colorway these are?

at first i thought they were they grey suede, then i thought they were worn out lead leather but i just dont know

also... ive just changed deck size from 7.5 to 7.75 but ive still got thunder 145's and they look a bit "magic carpetish" should i get wider trucks or will i be fine with these?
« Last Edit: March 29, 2011, 09:38:00 AM by finknoos »

Basingstoke

• Rep: 34
« Reply #88 on: March 29, 2011, 12:21:28 PM »
If you can afford it get the next width up that you preferred manufacturer is offering, you'll probably notice that your board will be more stable and have a slighly better turn. Also if you continue to go up to boards of around 8" you still have some room to play with.

poor alice

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -133
  • ♦️♣️♥️♠️
« Reply #89 on: March 30, 2011, 05:49:54 PM »
i wanna get a wider based truck for my next pair, like a longer axel and hanger, any particualarly good ones, im thinking thunder 149's?
I'm going to argue that Placebo owes their entire career to a Canadian dude's skate video part. Appleyard should be getting royalties for this shit.