Author Topic: NBA 2010-11  (Read 51143 times)

StabMasterArson

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 774
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
Re: NBA 2010-11
« Reply #30 on: October 27, 2010, 03:00:48 PM »
Go Knicks, maybe the first time in a decade we can look forward to this season and not the future.?  I predict 42-40 season, we will get merked with the lack of bench depth.

Expand Quote
The nba has got pretty bad over the last few years. Its a superstar run league and I'm already sick of hearing about "the big three". I'd like to see the Thunder come out and shock the world.?  Make David stern shit his pants. But I'm sure Miami or La will win.
[close]

....the NBA has been a superstar ran league since the early 80's.?  The last 3 seasons have probably been the best basketball this side of 1998.? 

!

how was it a superstar driven league when "the bad boys" ran shit in the late 80's? They had a couple big names, but they didn't have Bird, Magic or any of the other "superstars" at the time? They had a good core of guys who meshed well together. And that ended when Michael Jordan hit his prime and dominated til he was done.

plus the officals are beyond comical on all of the calls, and no-calls. If someone on the inside breathes on Lebron wrong when he's driving the lane, he shoots two, but Russell Westbrook could get raped on his way to the basket and get nothing.

Jupiter

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 54
« Reply #31 on: October 27, 2010, 03:03:14 PM »
durrant gets as many superstar calls as lebron now

Fongstarr.

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 315
    Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #32 on: October 27, 2010, 03:06:38 PM »
i wouldn't consider myself a miami heat bandwagon fan, i just live here so i have no choice but to be engulfed in the craze. plus, everyone in here wants the heat to lose so bad, i'll be the one to stick up for them.

i still don't understand why you think bosh would be in any way effective against the front court of the boston celtics. i wouldn't even put him in my top 5 forwards, shit, i wouldn't even consider him a superstar, even though he's paid like one.  

I agree on the Bosh statement. Bosh on the Raptors is one thing but Bosh on the Heat is a whole different story. His talents will get snuffed by Lebron and Wade.
I'll fuckin
I'll fuckin
sew your asshole closed, and keep feedin you
and feedin you, and feedin you, and feedin you!

Lenny the Fatface

« Reply #33 on: October 27, 2010, 04:49:18 PM »
Expand Quote
Go Knicks, maybe the first time in a decade we can look forward to this season and not the future.?  I predict 42-40 season, we will get merked with the lack of bench depth.

Expand Quote
The nba has got pretty bad over the last few years. Its a superstar run league and I'm already sick of hearing about "the big three". I'd like to see the Thunder come out and shock the world.?  Make David stern shit his pants. But I'm sure Miami or La will win.
[close]

....the NBA has been a superstar ran league since the early 80's.?  The last 3 seasons have probably been the best basketball this side of 1998.? 

!

[close]

how was it a superstar driven league when "the bad boys" ran shit in the late 80's? They had a couple big names, but they didn't have Bird, Magic or any of the other "superstars" at the time? They had a good core of guys who meshed well together. And that ended when Michael Jordan hit his prime and dominated til he was done.

plus the officals are beyond comical on all of the calls, and no-calls. If someone on the inside breathes on Lebron wrong when he's driving the lane, he shoots two, but Russell Westbrook could get raped on his way to the basket and get nothing.

If you wanna make that argument that the pistons run in 89 and 90 was proof that the 80s had no superstar bias, you could say the same thing about how the 04 Pistons killed probably the most stacked team in Lakers history as proof that the 00's werent superstar bias. But we know it aint true.

Even if I did agree with you and said superstar bias began in Jordan's Prime era instead of the magic-bird era, thats still 20 damn years ago. 

Basically I am saying the superstar bias has been around for a long ass time, and the NBA has been watchable since 06-07....so watch some games lol.

og.milk

• Rep: 2
« Reply #34 on: October 27, 2010, 09:50:44 PM »
seriously love brake griffin, he deserves ROY over wall. he is the main reason i watch clipper games now

Ernie McCracken

• Rep: 35
« Reply #35 on: October 27, 2010, 10:11:23 PM »
i wouldn't consider myself a miami heat bandwagon fan, i just live here so i have no choice but to be engulfed in the craze. plus, everyone in here wants the heat to lose so bad, i'll be the one to stick up for them.

i still don't understand why you think bosh would be in any way effective against the front court of the boston celtics. i wouldn't even put him in my top 5 forwards, shit, i wouldn't even consider him a superstar, even though he's paid like one.   

Oh I was in no way calling you a bandwagon miami fan. you live there and know the types that i'm talking about.

Yeah I'm with you on Bosh being overrated. he is more of an all star instead of superstar. I know Boston has a legit front line, but it's an old shaq and big baby, not mchale and parish.

Fongstarr.

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #36 on: October 27, 2010, 11:25:24 PM »
My Warriors too the first game in the season. Monte scored 46 points! I mean it was against the Rockets but a win is a win.
I'll fuckin
I'll fuckin

Donkey Lips

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 998
« Reply #37 on: October 28, 2010, 08:35:12 AM »
God damn, JJ Hickson!  :o

friendly dave

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 737
  • grinding to a halt
    • grindingtoahalt avatar image
« Reply #38 on: October 28, 2010, 12:20:34 PM »
seriously love brake griffin, he deserves ROY over wall. he is the main reason i watch clipper games now

Blake Griffin is a fucking beast. Seems like if the Clippers can play as a team, they might do ok this year. Still stoked my Blazers got the win though.
Because you can't kill and idea, and we will not be ruled!

the visuals are also mad visual yo
FTW

cliff

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 732
    • Sml. Wheels avatar image
« Reply #39 on: October 28, 2010, 04:55:31 PM »
Ahhh glad you started a new thread Eldrik! Most of you can tell who I'[m rooting for but I must say Blake Griffin is the truth! Had me jumping out of my seat multiple times last night.

Miami we will have to see but I'm still saying that its going to be Orlando or the Celtics coming out of the east.

Love the way OKC plays and they scared the shit out of me last year in the playoffs and they look just as hungry from last nights game.

I wish I could have got in the Fantasy draft with you guys, next year i'm in!!!

og.milk

• Rep: 2
« Reply #40 on: October 28, 2010, 07:37:57 PM »
orlandos team is fucking stacked. vince carter lookin gnarly with that beard, and john wall making me believe blake griffin deserves ROY even more now after watching this game

Prison Wallet

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 510
  • I'm gonna break my leg off in your ass
« Reply #41 on: October 29, 2010, 07:04:19 AM »
Suns looked pretty sharp last night, I trying to stay optimistic about the season but it's tough to get used to the new roster. Tourkalu seems like a pretty good fit and Hakim's got some serious fucking potential.

Donkey Lips

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 998
« Reply #42 on: October 29, 2010, 07:56:47 AM »
Suns looked pretty sharp last night, I trying to stay optimistic about the season but it's tough to get used to the new roster. Tourkalu seems like a pretty good fit and Hakim's got some serious fucking potential.
First home game tonight right? Warrick is the fucking dude!

edit - unrelated to the suns, but I just realized there was a page for the Celtics dancers. Pick the one you would break in half. http://www.nba.com/celtics/dancers/bios/ I'm choosing Jenna for sure.
« Last Edit: October 29, 2010, 07:59:22 AM by Donkey Lips »

boyan

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 70
« Reply #43 on: October 29, 2010, 08:11:14 AM »
Did Iverson just quit the nba to play for some turkish team? $$$

Jupiter

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #44 on: October 29, 2010, 01:56:31 PM »
smh @ delonte west and von wafer fighting.

Prison Wallet

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #45 on: October 29, 2010, 04:47:02 PM »

Yeah, they play the Lakers at home tonight. I'm almost afraid to watch, out of the frying pan into the fire... Crazy to think the Suns had the Lakers tied up 2-2 in the Western Conference Finals last season and now it's almost a whole new squad.

This year this OBGYN my wife works with has Suns tickets 6 seats off the floor. The dude always misses a handful of games and I'm hoping to score a handful of oddball weekday tickets off him.

BallDontLie

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 678
« Reply #46 on: October 29, 2010, 07:17:25 PM »
go rockets   ;D

yeah buddy. Kevin Martin looking pretty good this season, and Brad Miller's old crusty ass is a great addition. Lots of experience. However that game against Golden State was piss poor. You can't allow Monta Ellis to have 46 points. Think we're playoff bound.

Like I said, at least Bosh stepped down and basically accepted he's not a franchise player.

And I would be surprised if the clippers didn't make the playoffs. Kaman, Davis(given he actually puts in effort this season), and Griffin.
if the mods were wu-tang, dean would be cappadonna

steenz

« Reply #47 on: October 29, 2010, 08:19:50 PM »
Lakers for Life foo

tiger woods

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 145
« Reply #48 on: October 29, 2010, 09:09:35 PM »
Did Iverson just quit the nba to play for some turkish team? $$$

nah. the nba didn't want iverson, so he went to a turkish team. for 4 mil over 2 yrs i think.

eight oh eight

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 176
    Gold Topic Start Gold Topic Start : Start a topic with over 10,000 replies.
« Reply #49 on: October 29, 2010, 09:48:47 PM »
T's flying everywhere.  new rule is ridiculous.

Fongstarr.

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #50 on: October 29, 2010, 10:13:06 PM »
Clippers and Blake Griffin didn't do anything to my Warriors tonight. That's 2 wins in a row!
I'll fuckin
I'll fuckin

Ernie McCracken

« Reply #51 on: October 30, 2010, 12:41:48 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

edit - unrelated to the suns, but I just realized there was a page for the Celtics dancers. Pick the one you would break in half. http://www.nba.com/celtics/dancers/bios/ I'm choosing Jenna for sure.

Courtney or Jenna... oh and is one of the girls' name Jennafa?

Ernie McCracken

« Reply #52 on: October 30, 2010, 12:48:44 AM »
Wow the Lakers are looking stacked. The three B's; Brown, Blake, and Barnes are killing it off the bench. I can only imagine how deep the second unit will be when Bynum comes back and Odom comes off the bench.  I also think this is going to be Pau's best year.  The Spaniard is all over the place, flirting with a triple double.

smokecrack

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -160
« Reply #53 on: November 03, 2010, 04:13:36 PM »
^^ i am really diggin Barnes and Blake and i knew Shannon Brown had mad potential the first time i saw him play. Barnes had 16 points and 14 rebounds his last game off the damn bench! so stacked.

(on the low i've supported the Clips for years now (not just Billy Crystal supports them!) i hope they end up having a decent season with the help of Griffin, Davis and Gordon. speaking of Gordon, dude's been straight up shitting on dudes. check out what he did to the Spurs on monday.

Prison Wallet

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #54 on: November 03, 2010, 07:53:59 PM »
I'm pretty content tonight... Wife's at work, Suns/Spurs on TV, and I'm eating homemade cookies drinking Newcastle.

Jupiter

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #55 on: November 03, 2010, 08:07:20 PM »
goddammit the rockets are fucking sucking

BallDontLie

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 678
« Reply #56 on: November 03, 2010, 08:11:50 PM »
0-4... our 4th quarter defense is garbage. Before the half we had like a 10 point lead.

Damn Bogut is nuts.
if the mods were wu-tang, dean would be cappadonna

eight oh eight

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 176
    Gold Topic Start Gold Topic Start : Start a topic with over 10,000 replies.
« Reply #57 on: November 03, 2010, 10:22:27 PM »
Disregard knee
Acquire triple dubs

MexicanSpaniard

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 694
  • S&H
« Reply #58 on: November 04, 2010, 09:07:38 AM »
Severe lack of Spurs games on regular tv. Haven't seen shit, actually have to check ESPN to see how they're doing. I think this I why I usually don't pay attention until the playoffs.
Hey Sam I think the Spurs will be here to face the nuggets early next year. I may try to attend, never been to the pepsi center ebfore.

Fongstarr.

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #59 on: November 04, 2010, 10:45:24 AM »
Went to Warrior game last night. Beat the Grizzlies but mind you....it's the Grizz. Still...Monte looking solid with 39 and Wright droppin' threes like no other with 25 points. Fun game even in the nose bleeds:

I'll fuckin
I'll fuckin