Author Topic: Ace trucks  (Read 738856 times)

J.R.

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: -38
Re: Ace trucks
« Reply #30 on: July 17, 2013, 03:45:07 PM »
Are these trucks considered hi's?

vegan*shawn

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -416
  • listen to Jawbreaker
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #31 on: July 17, 2013, 06:03:53 PM »
Are these trucks considered hi's?

Yes but they do make lows in 22 and 33 sizes

paraquat

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 199
« Reply #32 on: February 09, 2014, 10:24:32 AM »
Bump. Just got some high 33's. The winter is still aggressive, but I figured buying new shit would get me amped for spring.

filmthis

• Rep: 0
« Reply #33 on: February 09, 2014, 01:58:40 PM »
Bump. Just got some high 33's. The winter is still aggressive, but I figured buying new shit would get me amped for spring.
even though i'm recovering from an ankle injury (it'll be a little while...), i just got some 44's. definitely hyped me up to keep up with my physical therapy because having fresh stuff in reserve is just plain nice.
« Last Edit: February 09, 2014, 02:01:18 PM by filmthis »
vx1000

Young Satchel

• Rep: 19
« Reply #34 on: February 09, 2014, 03:21:53 PM »
Got some 44s for Christmas.  Skated them no more than 3 times due to shit weather, but they feel great.  Except for stupid creaky pivot cup on one of them  :-\

JB

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 858
  • Rusty Berrings Roll Forever
« Reply #35 on: February 09, 2014, 04:02:22 PM »
I got some 44s on a Christmas complete and I've skated it probably 10 times. I love how the trucks turn, but they're still super squeaky. They grind a little weird because the way the hanger is curved so that will take some getting used to. I heard they made it like that so that your grind on the side of the truck rather than in the middle. Mine broke in almost instantly and they keep feeling looser and looser the more I skate them. I've been skating that set up mostly this winter, but today I rode my other set up with Indy 139s and they felt so tight today, even though I originally set the aces around the same as my Indys, and I wouldn't have considered the Indys to be tight before I got the aces. Overall I love them and back them 100%.

Anyone know what hardness bones bushings ace comes with now? I might have to get some for my Indys now because I love the way the aces feel.

paraquat

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #36 on: February 09, 2014, 04:10:15 PM »
^^^that gets me psyched. I went from a pair of indys to thunders and now to ace. Indy and thunders could not get loose enough even with bones for me.

SkateViolence

• Rep: 9
« Reply #37 on: February 09, 2014, 04:53:14 PM »
Aces are the shit. I've been skating them for almost a year now and I jumped on a board with Indys the other day and felt like I couldn't turn at all.

soccer mom

« Reply #38 on: February 09, 2014, 10:03:20 PM »
Yea I have bent about 3 pairs of them, but they are still the best. I agree you feel like Indy's, Thunder, Theeve don't turn for shit after riding them. I have the magnesium baseplates and they slide well on nose and tail slides. Get some

dillanharp

« Reply #39 on: February 09, 2014, 10:06:24 PM »
I walked in to the shop the other day and picked a pair of raw 33's... Walked out with stage 11 139's.

gaunting

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 186
« Reply #40 on: February 09, 2014, 10:25:14 PM »
I got some 44s on a Christmas complete and I've skated it probably 10 times. I love how the trucks turn, but they're still super squeaky. They grind a little weird because the way the hanger is curved so that will take some getting used to. I heard they made it like that so that your grind on the side of the truck rather than in the middle. Mine broke in almost instantly and they keep feeling looser and looser the more I skate them. I've been skating that set up mostly this winter, but today I rode my other set up with Indy 139s and they felt so tight today, even though I originally set the aces around the same as my Indys, and I wouldn't have considered the Indys to be tight before I got the aces. Overall I love them and back them 100%.

Anyone know what hardness bones bushings ace comes with now? I might have to get some for my Indys now because I love the way the aces feel.

After reading your description of how ace's turn, there is no way I could ever skate those, I love the way they look though, the shape of the hanger is cool, reminds me of a wider Indy 109.
This has me cracking up, what exactly does Black Flag have to do with measuring your dick starting behind ya nuts?

Skateboarding is nothing but a game to find the right fits to appear like you're a proportional human being instead of a midget or a giant.

JB

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 858
  • Rusty Berrings Roll Forever
« Reply #41 on: February 10, 2014, 06:30:08 AM »
I walked in to the shop the other day and picked a pair of raw 33's... Walked out with stage 11 139's.

awesome.

realized that i ace doesnt come with bones bushings and i got them confused with theeve. if i were going to go with bones bushings on my indys to get close to the same feel as my aces, would you guys go with soft of medium?

Morty Seinfeld

« Reply #42 on: February 10, 2014, 11:48:32 AM »
I think I'm going to try out Aces on my next board. I've been on nothing but Indy's for a long long time, and it would be nice to do something new.

6 pac

• Rep: -5
« Reply #43 on: February 10, 2014, 11:58:48 AM »
im on my first pair of aces, for almost an half year now and im about to order my second pair.
i ride mine with bones medium bushings and khiro soft pivot cups, its the perfect truck for me and i was on indys and thunders before.

j....soy.....

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1566
« Reply #44 on: February 10, 2014, 01:14:28 PM »
It feels like you can do figure 8 s on flat....

vegan*shawn

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -416
  • listen to Jawbreaker
« Reply #45 on: February 12, 2014, 08:21:54 PM »
Yea I have bent about 3 pairs of them, but they are still the best. I agree you feel like Indy's, Thunder, Theeve don't turn for shit after riding them. I have the magnesium baseplates and they slide well on nose and tail slides. Get some

I have been riding them since they came out, I have one set on my pool board that are ground to the axle and still not bent, I weigh 200 lbs and can't bend them, how did yours bend?
« Last Edit: February 13, 2014, 09:15:38 AM by vegan*shawn »

sleepypancakes

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 227
  • Silver Topic Start Silver Topic Start : Start a topic with over 5,000 replies.
    Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
    Gold Topic Start Gold Topic Start : Start a topic with over 10,000 replies.
« Reply #46 on: February 13, 2014, 08:31:38 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

I have been riding them since they came out, I have one set on my pool board that are ground to the axle and still not bent, I weight 200 lbs and can't bend them, how did yours bend?

I haven't bent any that I've had either and I'm on my third set of 44s

Spitfire4life

• Rep: -20
« Reply #47 on: February 13, 2014, 04:16:37 PM »
Do they make an 8.0/8.125 truck? I just stepped down from 8.5 and need a new set of trucks. I might end up going to 8.25 so I guess I could always get the 44's. But most likely I'll stay at 8/8.125.
If you take medical advice from this puddle of retards you are going to die.

paraquat

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #48 on: February 13, 2014, 05:38:17 PM »
Do they make an 8.0/8.125 truck? I just stepped down from 8.5 and need a new set of trucks. I might end up going to 8.25 so I guess I could always get the 44's. But most likely I'll stay at 8/8.125.

I got the 33s. I have yet to receive them in the mail, but they are allegedly for 7.88-8.125

fulfillthedream

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 305
« Reply #49 on: February 15, 2014, 01:06:29 AM »
just got the 33's. rode em and they feel loose compared to the thunder hi's i had before. look forward to skating em tomorrow.
Skateboarding is like jacking-off, it's that good- Jeremy Klein

[

Cajungly

• Rep: -10
« Reply #50 on: February 15, 2014, 06:11:50 PM »
my hanger snapped through the side of the pivot cups i wanna get a new baseplate but there 10 bucks cheaper than the trucks themselves has anyone ever heard of refunds through ace or know anyone to contact thanks

Deekay

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 125
« Reply #51 on: February 15, 2014, 09:21:44 PM »
my hanger snapped through the side of the pivot cups i wanna get a new baseplate but there 10 bucks cheaper than the trucks themselves has anyone ever heard of refunds through ace or know anyone to contact thanks

You're probably thinking of the magnesium baseplates.. Try contacting them at [email protected] , they answer pretty quickly

Xen

• Trade Count: (+8)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 937
  • U neg cuz UR insecure-glad I got under your skin
« Reply #52 on: February 27, 2014, 06:10:27 PM »
im on my first pair of aces, for almost an half year now and im about to order my second pair.
i ride mine with bones medium bushings and khiro soft pivot cups, its the perfect truck for me and i was on indys and thunders before.

I've got a set of 44s with bones mediums, soft khiro cups and magnesium plates, epic combination; I've ridden them on 8.125"/8.25"/8.38"s

On my 8.75" setup I use a set of 55s, bowl use only.

A couple of years ago I rode some 03 lows with bones hards, seemed to work well

Now as far as comparing them to other trucks, the new V3 Theeves w/out the top washer are really stellar trucks and I prefer them to ACE on street as they are more stable/less squirrly, but if you skate tranny, Aces are untouchable (having skated stage 11/thunder/theeve in tranny).

One thing of note, if you ride loose and use the kihro aluminum insert bushing ACEs will destroy them.

« Last Edit: February 27, 2014, 06:37:53 PM by Xen »

Matt

• Rep: -1
« Reply #53 on: March 05, 2014, 11:43:21 AM »
I will throw this out there that while Ace Trucks may not look the best they are very solid and I am not the only one in my group of skaters to ride them. All in all they are a great set of trucks!

« Last Edit: March 10, 2014, 08:17:09 AM by Randozzi »

Garth Marenghi

« Reply #54 on: March 31, 2014, 03:36:42 AM »
I'm dying with my current set of thunders and might want to try out Aces. If 147s feel a bit too narrow for an 8.125, should I go for the 44s or 33s?

6 pac

• Rep: -5
« Reply #55 on: March 31, 2014, 03:48:04 AM »
if 147 feels too narrow you should go with 44s.
im riding 33s on 8,125 boards and im happy with it, if youre riding 44s youre axle will stick out a little bit

Garth Marenghi

« Reply #56 on: March 31, 2014, 11:53:04 AM »
Damn, basically it'll be a mindfuck either way. Guess I'll have to decide which width looks worse.

perverted super otaku!

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -217
  • "Needless to say, I had the last laugh."
  • Silver Topic Start Silver Topic Start : Start a topic with over 5,000 replies.
    Gold Topic Start Gold Topic Start : Start a topic with over 10,000 replies.
« Reply #57 on: April 02, 2014, 11:07:09 AM »
I use a flathead screwdriver and just pry it out, hasn't failed me yet

sweat stains

• Rep: 33
  • slap sux
    • Shady Griptape avatar image
« Reply #58 on: April 02, 2014, 11:32:52 AM »
I replaced the bushings (with Bones hards) and pivot cups (with Indy ones) in my Aces that I've had for a couple months, and even after skating a few times since then, my setup feels like shit. Super creaky and just doesn't turn right. Is it just the bushings or do pivot cups have to be broken in too? Usually Bones bushings don't take this long to break in so I'm not sure what to do other than just ride it out.
Any tips?
damn those yarys bout those squats

SOFT 7

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 3
« Reply #59 on: April 02, 2014, 09:11:34 PM »
dont fuck with your pivot cups if you dont have to. They are the worst thing to break in, and new ones will make your trucks feel like shit. As a temporary fix. try putting a very small amount of grease on the tip of your hanger, where it goes in the pivot cup. While your truck is apart, put some grease in and around your bushing seats also. If the sound goes away, great. If it comes back, use some sand paper to rough up those same spots.