Author Topic: Ace trucks  (Read 738862 times)

b.v.

Re: Ace trucks
« Reply #90 on: May 05, 2014, 07:41:27 AM »
Man... when the fuck is this creaky pivot cup gonna shut the fuck up?!

Only plus side is it makes it tougher to hear my old man knees.
If you have bones speed cream try putting a drop in each cup, helps for a bit.

weepee

« Reply #91 on: May 05, 2014, 08:54:58 AM »
or use vaseline, it worked for my indys

256 Ply

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: 22
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #92 on: May 05, 2014, 02:58:28 PM »
Man... when the fuck is this creaky pivot cup gonna shut the fuck up?!

They'll never go away on their own.

Put a drop of oil or wax or soap shavings in the pivot cup and the squeaks will cease.

Conan

« Reply #93 on: May 06, 2014, 08:34:17 AM »
Anyone skated the 03'S? If so, how did you find them?

sweet pee

• Rep: 124
« Reply #94 on: May 06, 2014, 10:04:31 AM »
I had a set of the ACE lows (03's) last year. They felt a little too low for the turning radius and I ended up experiencing a lot wheel of bite. I tried using bones mediums, then bones hards with 52mm wheels and kept getting pitched when turning too sharp. Also the kingpin stuck out pretty high and would catch when grinding. The highs (33's) feel a lot better in my opinion.

Conan

« Reply #95 on: May 06, 2014, 10:44:25 AM »
/\/\ Thanks for the reply, think i'll give them a miss.

Julz

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -6
« Reply #96 on: May 07, 2014, 06:41:26 PM »
I had a set of the ACE lows (03's) last year. They felt a little too low for the turning radius and I ended up experiencing a lot wheel of bite. I tried using bones mediums, then bones hards with 52mm wheels and kept getting pitched when turning too sharp. Also the kingpin stuck out pretty high and would catch when grinding. The highs (33's) feel a lot better in my opinion.

But isn't that the same problem you will encounter with any pair of low trucks ? I don't see the point of riding low trucks unless all you do is skate the manual pad at your local park or just enjoy tight trucks.

Spitfire4life

• Rep: -20
« Reply #97 on: May 26, 2014, 06:00:27 PM »
I need new trucks for my 8' board, because the Thunder 147's aren't cutting it for me. I just can't get them loose enough. I had Indy 149's before, and I just took off the washers and finger-tightened the kingpin nut and it was great, but the 149's are just a little too big for the 8'. So should I get some Indy 139's and just take off the washers, or get ace 33's? I LOVE loose trucks so I think aces would work, I'm just worried about the cheaper build.
If you take medical advice from this puddle of retards you are going to die.

j....soy.....

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1566
« Reply #98 on: May 26, 2014, 08:13:35 PM »
I think the Indys will hold up better but the aces turn mental.....

foureyedjim

« Reply #99 on: May 26, 2014, 09:41:43 PM »
I think the Indys will hold up better but the aces turn mental.....
I decided to loosen my aces again...tightened em back up almost immediately...haha

vegan*shawn

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -416
  • listen to Jawbreaker
« Reply #100 on: May 26, 2014, 11:38:21 PM »
I need new trucks for my 8' board, because the Thunder 147's aren't cutting it for me. I just can't get them loose enough. I had Indy 149's before, and I just took off the washers and finger-tightened the kingpin nut and it was great, but the 149's are just a little too big for the 8'. So should I get some Indy 139's and just take off the washers, or get ace 33's? I LOVE loose trucks so I think aces would work, I'm just worried about the cheaper build.

ACE for sure, but here are the pros and cons

ACE:
Pros - best turning truck on the market, lighter then indy's, grind great, look cool, skater owned
Cons - some people have bent them (I have not in the years I have been riding them), pivot cup blows out easy

Indy:
Pros - Old guys will give you a high five for your conformity, some people like the slower turning, the heaviness will help build your ankle muscles
Cons - turn slow, heaviest trucks on the market, you have to get new bushings to make them turn right, old guys who don't skate wear their t shirts

Randozzi

« Reply #101 on: May 27, 2014, 12:29:23 AM »
half of that post was opinion and obviously slightly sarcastic.
you haven't tried the stage 11s.
Ace's are great trucks no doubt but to say Indys are slow is wrong.

phatwheelz

« Reply #102 on: May 27, 2014, 12:34:48 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

ACE:
Pros - best turning truck on the market, lighter then indy's, grind great, look cool, skater owned
Cons - some people have bent them (I have not in the years I have been riding them), pivot cup blows out easy

Indy:
Pros - Old guys will give you a high five for your conformity, some people like the slower turning, the heaviness will help build your ankle muscles
Cons - turn slow, heaviest trucks on the market, you have to get new bushings to make them turn right, old guys who don't skate wear their t shirts

You are the fucking worst

BRO

« Reply #103 on: May 27, 2014, 12:53:13 AM »
I was surprised earlier when I clicked on page 4 and didn't see a Vegan Shawn post, ballyhooing all aspects of ACE trucks. 

Paco Supreme

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 525
  • One Trick Pony
« Reply #104 on: May 27, 2014, 02:26:49 AM »
I can usually agree on things shawn says on here, but there's more than one version of indys out, theres a little something for everyone.
Ace's pivot area, i honestly don't know if that part has a name, looks way too thin and just throws me off looking at it.

Beer Keg Peg Leg

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -35
« Reply #105 on: May 27, 2014, 03:15:57 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

ACE:

Indy:

do fat people give you highfives for conforming?

JB

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 858
  • Rusty Berrings Roll Forever
« Reply #106 on: May 27, 2014, 06:29:13 AM »
i might have made this comment before about compairing ace to indy, but this is what i think.

ace turn A LOT more. if you set up two boards, one with ace and one with indy, and you want them to turn the same, the indys will feel a hell of a lot looser when you step on the board. with ace, you still get the turn youd get out of a super loose truck, but since you dont have to loosen them as much, they ride a bit more stable. thats just how ive experienced the two.

Spitfire4life

• Rep: -20
« Reply #107 on: May 27, 2014, 09:05:10 AM »
Thanks guys, I'll think about it a little more and hopefully make my choice soon.
If you take medical advice from this puddle of retards you are going to die.

dillanharp

« Reply #108 on: May 27, 2014, 10:04:32 AM »
I'm probably going to try some 33's the next time I need trucks. My question is why does Ace get a pass from most yet Diamond doesn't? It's the same company. There's a fucking diamond in the Ace logo!

El Chupacabra

• Rep: 147
    • Brujaria Skateboards avatar image
« Reply #109 on: May 27, 2014, 10:33:16 AM »
So I've ridden Indy 149s for years and years. My friend gave me a set of Ace 44s and I gotta say, they're pretty rad. They're much snappier than the Indys and have a much sharper turn.
Indy 149s are a jumbo jet, Ace 44s are a fighter jet.
I dig 'em.

j....soy.....

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1566
« Reply #110 on: May 27, 2014, 10:40:44 AM »
I'm probably going to try some 33's the next time I need trucks. My question is why does Ace get a pass from most yet Diamond doesn't? It's the same company. There's a fucking diamond in the Ace logo!

Ace gets a pass because people like the trucks.....

Go start a thread on how the hardware stacks up.....

dillanharp

« Reply #111 on: May 27, 2014, 11:08:50 AM »

vegan*shawn

• SLAP Pal
  • listen to Jawbreaker
« Reply #112 on: May 27, 2014, 11:43:06 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

ACE:

Indy:

[close]

do fat people give you highfives for conforming?

ha ha that's funny, plus I am not fat, I am fluffy :)

vegan*shawn

• SLAP Pal
  • listen to Jawbreaker
« Reply #113 on: May 27, 2014, 11:44:34 AM »
half of that post was opinion and obviously slightly sarcastic.
you haven't tried the stage 11s.
Ace's are great trucks no doubt but to say Indys are slow is wrong.

I rode a friends set up at the park the other day, they turn a little better, but he still had to take off washers, get different bushings to get them fairly loose.

gaunting

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 186
« Reply #114 on: May 27, 2014, 12:10:08 PM »
http://grammar.ccc.commnet.edu/grammar/marks/ellipsis.htm

Your gonna pull out the grammar thing? The oldest message board shit talking method there is? You must of had nothing else up your sleeve. Lmfao.
This has me cracking up, what exactly does Black Flag have to do with measuring your dick starting behind ya nuts?

Skateboarding is nothing but a game to find the right fits to appear like you're a proportional human being instead of a midget or a giant.

dillanharp

« Reply #115 on: May 27, 2014, 12:44:40 PM »

Your gonna pull out the grammar thing? The oldest message board shit talking method there is? You must of had nothing else up your sleeve. Lmfao.
There's nothing else because I'm fucking right.  I guarantee if they were called Diamond trucks instead of Ace NOBODY here would fuck with them.

gaunting

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 186
« Reply #116 on: May 27, 2014, 01:09:48 PM »
Expand Quote

[close]
There's nothing else because I'm fucking right.  I guarantee if they were called Diamond trucks instead of Ace NOBODY here would fuck with them.

I agree with you on that. The people who skate ace, and the people who wear diamond shit, are two completley different types of people. If the marketing was done differently, i too believe both products would cater to the same crowd. But it doesnt matter to me, because ace trucks are complete shit, and i wouldnt wear a cheesy ass diamond tshirt if someone paid me to.
This has me cracking up, what exactly does Black Flag have to do with measuring your dick starting behind ya nuts?

Skateboarding is nothing but a game to find the right fits to appear like you're a proportional human being instead of a midget or a giant.

rideflannel

« Reply #117 on: May 27, 2014, 01:49:05 PM »
I switched from Indy to Ace a few years ago and have ridden both the 44's and the 55's. They are sick, but I am tired of replacing the pivot cups. Right now, my front truck is an Ace hanger on an Indy base plate because the Ace base plate warped around the pivot cup hole and broke.

I'm going to finish riding the 55's until I grind through the axle and then switch back to Indys. Can't wait to get a pair of 169's.

art hellman

• Trade Count: (+21)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1152
« Reply #118 on: May 27, 2014, 02:02:02 PM »
I have a brand new set of ACE 44s I'll sell to someone for $35 shipped.

PM me.

hardly art, hardly starving

vegan*shawn

• SLAP Pal
  • listen to Jawbreaker
« Reply #119 on: May 27, 2014, 03:24:50 PM »
I switched from Indy to Ace a few years ago and have ridden both the 44's and the 55's. They are sick, but I am tired of replacing the pivot cups. Right now, my front truck is an Ace hanger on an Indy base plate because the Ace base plate warped around the pivot cup hole and broke.

I'm going to finish riding the 55's until I grind through the axle and then switch back to Indys. Can't wait to get a pair of 169's.

That's a bummer, I really wish they would fix the pivot cup issues, have you used the after market replacement?