Author Topic: Ace trucks  (Read 738949 times)

Harsh_euro_barge

Re: Ace trucks
« Reply #180 on: September 23, 2014, 08:22:52 AM »
Picked up my first set of ace's today, 33's. A lot more stable than I expected, and the turn is insane. Currently set em up with bones mediums and no bottom washer. How have others set em up to get the best out of them?

Young Satchel

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: 19
« Reply #181 on: September 23, 2014, 03:32:28 PM »
Picked up my first set of ace's today, 33's. A lot more stable than I expected, and the turn is insane. Currently set em up with bones mediums and no bottom washer. How have others set em up to get the best out of them?

Had 44s with mediums in them and just one washer and had to crank them way down or I got terrible wheel bite. Added another washer and now they are golden. Can run them looser with way less wheel bite and more control.  I think I'll stick with this for a while.

foureyedjim

« Reply #182 on: September 23, 2014, 04:10:08 PM »
I put hards on my aces.  I'll see how they work out once I break them in...

Sk.A.T.A.N

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 694
  • aka Sk.A.N.Y.E.
« Reply #183 on: September 25, 2014, 12:22:26 PM »
Today i was skating this new deck, all hyped because the shape is perfect, do a kickflip in flat, flick a little slower, land primo and the fucking axle slipped so badly on my front truck that the wheel wouldn't even spin! Man, i was so bummed...  :'( The ACE's have 2 months and still in really good condition because i havent had much time to skate. Is this normal to happen? Do they have some kind of warranty for this axle slipping? (i live in europe)
« Last Edit: September 25, 2014, 01:16:00 PM by Sk.A.T.A.N »

R.I.P RUSTY/FRIP

Prince Nelson

« Reply #184 on: September 25, 2014, 12:29:42 PM »
Today i was skating this new deck, all hyped because the shape is perfect, do a kickflip in flat, flick a little slower, land primo and the fucking axel slipped so badly on my front truck that the wheel wouldn't even spin! Man, i was so bummed...  :'( The ACE's have 2 months and still in really good condition because i havent had much time to skate. Is this normal to happen? Do they have some kind of warranty for this axel slipping? (i live in europe)

send an email to [email protected] they replace my trucks free of charge every time. Speaking of, I've bent 4 sets in a row. The trucks feel so damn good, but the axles bend and it reverse cones your wheels. it's ridiculous. I just want a set that has straight axles and won't bend.

jorge

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -102
« Reply #185 on: September 25, 2014, 12:39:06 PM »
Do these trucks even exist for adults?  I have never in my life seen anyone over 16 riding them in person.

Sk.A.T.A.N

• SLAP Pal
  • aka Sk.A.N.Y.E.
« Reply #186 on: September 25, 2014, 01:15:30 PM »
Expand Quote
Today i was skating this new deck, all hyped because the shape is perfect, do a kickflip in flat, flick a little slower, land primo and the fucking axle slipped so badly on my front truck that the wheel wouldn't even spin! Man, i was so bummed...  :'( The ACE's have 2 months and still in really good condition because i havent had much time to skate. Is this normal to happen? Do they have some kind of warranty for this axle slipping? (i live in europe)
[close]

send an email to [email protected] they replace my trucks free of charge every time. Speaking of, I've bent 4 sets in a row. The trucks feel so damn good, but the axles bend and it reverse cones your wheels. it's ridiculous. I just want a set that has straight axles and won't bend.

Mine are the 33 and didn't bent... I think they are the closest to the perfect truck. They aren't heavy, look clean, turn so good, not heavy,  everything i look in a truck they have... But something like the axle slip is so annoying and so easy to prevent. They should make a axle with some kind of ridges or a little larger center so they dont move anymore! I will try to contact them and see if they can ship a new pair to Portugal (i think not)
« Last Edit: September 25, 2014, 01:29:39 PM by Sk.A.T.A.N »

R.I.P RUSTY/FRIP

troy

• Rep: -2
« Reply #187 on: September 25, 2014, 01:17:50 PM »
does anyone have a problem with their kingpin being super wobbly? Did you ever eat shit because of it?

Xen

• Trade Count: (+8)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 938
  • U neg cuz UR insecure-glad I got under your skin
« Reply #188 on: September 25, 2014, 03:20:49 PM »
My local park, is filled with ACE riders of all ages.

I'm riding bones meds with the bottom and top washer with no issues.

Prince Nelson

« Reply #189 on: September 25, 2014, 08:04:05 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

Mine are the 33 and didn't bent... I think they are the closest to the perfect truck. They aren't heavy, look clean, turn so good, not heavy,  everything i look in a truck they have... But something like the axle slip is so annoying and so easy to prevent. They should make a axle with some kind of ridges or a little larger center so they dont move anymore! I will try to contact them and see if they can ship a new pair to Portugal (i think not)

Mine were the 44's and they bent 4 times in a row. The most recent set bent after skating them 4 times. I got a replacement set in the mail today that did not have straight axles. I went straight to the local shop and bought some Indy 149's. Fuck Ace trucks.

Deekay

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 125
« Reply #190 on: September 26, 2014, 12:55:22 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

[close]

Mine were the 44's and they bent 4 times in a row. The most recent set bent after skating them 4 times. I got a replacement set in the mail today that did not have straight axles. I went straight to the local shop and bought some Indy 149's. Fuck Ace trucks.

Are you sure the axle was actually bent though? You know they make them with more mass in the middle than the sides, right? They look bent but the axle inside is straight. I wonder how many customers they've lost because of that construction...

Prince Nelson

« Reply #191 on: September 26, 2014, 05:03:01 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]

Are you sure the axle was actually bent though? You know they make them with more mass in the middle than the sides, right? They look bent but the axle inside is straight. I wonder how many customers they've lost because of that construction...

I'm well aware of them having more metal in the middle and the axles definitely are not straight. You can hold up one end of the axle vertically and see that the other end curves off the other direction.

Deekay

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #192 on: September 26, 2014, 08:02:26 AM »
Ah damn, I hear you. I just wanted to air that out so that someone reading it will know and not just disregard them right away.

Prince Nelson

« Reply #193 on: September 26, 2014, 12:27:48 PM »
Ah damn, I hear you. I just wanted to air that out so that someone reading it will know and not just disregard them right away.

yeah, i feel you. The trucks skate super well, I'd be riding them right now if they didn't bend. But having bent 4 sets VERY quickly, and then received a replacement set that didn't have straight axles, I would never support them again.

BMCsteve

« Reply #194 on: September 26, 2014, 12:58:23 PM »
I really wonder why other than cost Ace doesn't do anything to fix this.  I'd like to try them but there's no way after reading countless threads over the last 4 or 5 years that all have the same issues.

Deekay

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #195 on: September 27, 2014, 02:57:19 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

yeah, i feel you. The trucks skate super well, I'd be riding them right now if they didn't bend. But having bent 4 sets VERY quickly, and then received a replacement set that didn't have straight axles, I would never support them again.

Thats understandable. I didn't know that was a common issue, they better fix that. I hope they dont remake the shape like theeves did and ruin them. I'd be down to spend 10$ extra if they made one with titanium axle, that should solve it. It doesn't really explain how you got a new set with the axle already bent though...

Noble Experiment

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 283
« Reply #196 on: September 27, 2014, 11:59:05 AM »
Have been interested in trying Aces for the longest time. But after hearing about all the bent axle issues I think I'll pass until they get it fixed. I'm a dude who is on the chunkier side these days, so a bent axle with Aces are probably a guarantee to happen to me.

Tracer

• Rep: -65309
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
    Silver Topic Start Silver Topic Start : Start a topic with over 5,000 replies.
« Reply #197 on: September 27, 2014, 06:16:55 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Ace trucks warranty came through for me today. I sent in my bent trucks last monday, got a box today with new trucks, tons of stickers, and even some recplacement bushings and pivot cups.
[close]
Stoked you got a new set of trucks gunna bend. Never worth the hassle of warranty or product get indys
[close]

I've had defective Indys before so I'm not worried about it. Aces turn better and stay more stable for me so they're just what i need.
You had 1 set of defective indys, and 4 sets of defective Aces...

If there's one thing you look for in trucks it's quality, I want bulletproof trucks I never have to worry about. Indy is that. Better turning you say, even if it's quicker it's not worth it.  Don't waste your time there is one truck it's Indy

vegan*shawn

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -416
  • listen to Jawbreaker
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #198 on: September 28, 2014, 09:15:08 PM »
I have skated Ace in 33, 44, 55 and 66 and never bent them. I mostly skate the 44 or 55's, I ground one set to the axle on both trucks, and about to hit axle on another pair. I have yet to bend them, the worst I have had happen is the pivot cup blew out (easy to replace) and the axle slipped after a year of skating.
I don't know how people keep bending them, it baffles me as I am not a skinny dude and I do a lot of slappies, so you would think I would have bent at least one pair in the 6 years I have been riding them.

fulfillthedream

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 305
« Reply #199 on: September 28, 2014, 10:53:31 PM »
damn.. it seems like im not the only one who had the accel slip..its cool they're down to replace the trucks but damn it seems like so many people on here like the product but not the quality... and trucks are the worse thing on a set-up to replace.
Skateboarding is like jacking-off, it's that good- Jeremy Klein

[

vegan*shawn

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -416
  • listen to Jawbreaker
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #200 on: October 01, 2014, 05:06:24 PM »
damn.. it seems like im not the only one who had the accel slip..its cool they're down to replace the trucks but damn it seems like so many people on here like the product but not the quality... and trucks are the worse thing on a set-up to replace.

My neighbors Indy axle slipped 5 mins after he set them up, the crazy thing was his board landed primo (not even with him on it) off a curb.

ACE TRUCKS

• Rep: 0
« Reply #201 on: October 02, 2014, 09:46:28 AM »
Hello again, this is ACE TRUCKS.

As stated we always replace returned trucks, contact [email protected]

We will continue to improve our products.

BMCsteve

« Reply #202 on: October 02, 2014, 10:09:02 AM »
Hello again, this is ACE TRUCKS.

As stated we always replace returned trucks, contact [email protected]

We will continue to improve our products.

It's awesome that you guys stand by your product and make it right with the customer when there are issues but I really hope to see an overhaul of the trucks at some point.  I think ACE are the best looking trucks on the market and people love them.  It seems with a few minor tweaks they could be improved even further

JB

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 858
  • Rusty Berrings Roll Forever
« Reply #203 on: October 02, 2014, 11:18:04 AM »
sorry for the noob question, but how exactly do you know when your axle slips? can you move it freely back and forth? mine doesnt move freely, but i just noticed that my heel side wheels have no wobble room between the truck and the axle nut, but my toe side have a ton of room. the nuts on both side are tightened exactly the same amount. i do a lot of backside slappies (regular footed), so it would make sense that the axles would get pulled toward the toe side from locking into grinds. i just noticed it and it hasnt bothered me yet. next time i skate ill just loosen and tighten the axle nuts so everything is even again. i just found it weird that one side had a bunch more wobble room than the other.

BMCsteve

« Reply #204 on: October 02, 2014, 11:51:08 AM »
sorry for the noob question, but how exactly do you know when your axle slips? can you move it freely back and forth? mine doesnt move freely, but i just noticed that my heel side wheels have no wobble room between the truck and the axle nut, but my toe side have a ton of room. the nuts on both side are tightened exactly the same amount. i do a lot of backside slappies (regular footed), so it would make sense that the axles would get pulled toward the toe side from locking into grinds. i just noticed it and it hasnt bothered me yet. next time i skate ill just loosen and tighten the axle nuts so everything is even again. i just found it weird that one side had a bunch more wobble room than the other.

Exactly that.  Tighten them both down equally.  Go skate and if one wheel ends up being tight and not spinning and the wheel on the other side has a ton of play, you have axle slip

violentpizza

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -69
  • pregnant pussy
« Reply #205 on: October 02, 2014, 01:57:50 PM »
I'm almost to the axle on some Ace 44's and I have never had a problem besides that damn pivot cup.

BMCsteve

« Reply #206 on: October 02, 2014, 02:32:37 PM »
I'm almost to the axle on some Ace 44's and I have never had a problem besides that damn pivot cup.

I'm sure this is common knowledge around here but I suggest replacing it with a Khiro pivot cup.  http://socalskateshop.com/index.php?l=product_detail&p=3600

They're a lot higher quality than any stock pivot cup except for Theeves which are also Khiro

foureyedjim

« Reply #207 on: October 02, 2014, 04:12:04 PM »

seriously...what after market pivot cup should I get for these fuckers?

Spitfire4life

• Rep: -20
« Reply #208 on: October 02, 2014, 04:40:36 PM »
If it's your axle that slipped, only replace the hangar. Baseplates, bushings, even nuts, use the old ones. I'm still riding the same baseplate from 3 years ago.
If you take medical advice from this puddle of retards you are going to die.

Sk.A.T.A.N

• SLAP Pal
  • aka Sk.A.N.Y.E.
« Reply #209 on: October 04, 2014, 03:29:42 AM »
They answered my mail, and they are willing to replace my trucks but they want me to send a package with them to the states... I live in Portugal so the cost of the shipping is not worth it, and it will take lots of time to arrive (i don't have other trucks to skate in that time)! I was expecting something like a representant in Europe to trade them or something... I told the my skateshop about the defect and they told me the spanish distributor will exchange my trucks for new ones... now i just have to wait! :)

R.I.P RUSTY/FRIP