Author Topic: Ace trucks  (Read 738861 times)

vegan*shawn

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -416
  • listen to Jawbreaker
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
Re: Ace trucks
« Reply #270 on: December 10, 2015, 07:08:39 PM »
Need to get some of the beefed up 55's!!

ferraveemo

• Rep: 23
« Reply #271 on: December 13, 2015, 02:10:22 AM »
anywhere online i can get those re-modeled ace's? i checked out Socal's site but they still have the product pic of the old ones with the tapered  hanger part that goes into the pivot cup.

Xtal

« Reply #272 on: December 13, 2015, 05:56:20 AM »
anywhere online i can get those re-modeled ace's? i checked out Socal's site but they still have the product pic of the old ones with the tapered  hanger part that goes into the pivot cup.

Most online websites don't update their pictures very often. Socal and Skatewarehouse have all the new redesigns for 44 55 and 66. I've emailed and called to confirm it.

N.L.

« Reply #273 on: May 13, 2016, 08:55:56 AM »
I feel like its time to give fair warning. If you are remotely satisfied with your current truck of choice it might be best to stick with them as once you try Ace there's no turning back (excuse the pun). I tried going back to my beloved 151s and it just ain't happening. Even though, I believe Indy/ Thunder are longer lasting and still great trucks, I have to have that Ace turn....

Xen

• Trade Count: (+8)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 937
  • U neg cuz UR insecure-glad I got under your skin
« Reply #274 on: May 13, 2016, 03:46:39 PM »
I feel like its time to give fair warning. If you are remotely satisfied with your current truck of choice it might be best to stick with them as once you try Ace there's no turning back (excuse the pun). I tried going back to my beloved 151s and it just ain't happening. Even though, I believe Indy/ Thunder are longer lasting and still great trucks, I have to have that Ace turn....

It's really difficult to explain, isn't it?

What bushing did you run again? Krux/somethingsemthign?

Cherb

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -19
« Reply #275 on: May 13, 2016, 03:49:13 PM »
I can still get down on my Thunder 149s But I definitely know what you're saying. The ace turn makes me wet AF.

N.L.

« Reply #276 on: May 13, 2016, 04:49:25 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

It's really difficult to explain, isn't it?

What bushing did you run again? Krux/somethingsemthign?

stock bottom. krux top.

MonistatOne

« Reply #277 on: May 13, 2016, 05:23:56 PM »
just copped a pair of 44s at the behest of jake from state farm. skated em twice so far and they feel realllyy good.  they don't seem crazy turny like what I've read on here and elsewhere. either I've unknowingly liked my trucks looser or the ones who said that were referring to older models.  keeping stock bushings.  just hope the durability holds up in terms of pivot cup, axle slip, axle bend. but yeah really great trucks thus far- the turning feels just as good if not better than indy.

Cherb

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #278 on: May 13, 2016, 06:08:23 PM »
just copped a pair of 44s at the behest of jake from state farm. skated em twice so far and they feel realllyy good.  they don't seem crazy turny like what I've read on here and elsewhere. either I've unknowingly liked my trucks looser or the ones who said that were referring to older models.  keeping stock bushings.  just hope the durability holds up in terms of pivot cup, axle slip, axle bend. but yeah really great trucks thus far- the turning feels just as good if not better than indy.
The stock bushings take a bit to break in. Putting krux bushings in them make them suuper buttery though. I haven't had problems with the pivot cups yet but pretty much everyone says they blow out pretty quick so it might be good to have a spare set ready to roll.

j....soy.....

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1566
« Reply #279 on: May 13, 2016, 11:11:09 PM »

If they turn better than Indy....then what other truck turns better? 

Cherb

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #280 on: May 13, 2016, 11:48:24 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

If they turn better than Indy....then what other truck turns better? 
Tensor? ;D ;D ;D ;D

El Chupacabra

• Rep: 147
    • Brujaria Skateboards avatar image
« Reply #281 on: May 19, 2016, 07:24:19 AM »
So I was fortunate enough to get a set of the new 55s and magnesium baseplates to try out.
I need to skate them a bit and I'll let you guys know. They look sick though, thats for sure.

Main

• Rep: -208
« Reply #282 on: May 19, 2016, 05:40:13 PM »
So I was fortunate enough to get a set of the new 55s and magnesium baseplates to try out.
I need to skate them a bit and I'll let you guys know. They look sick though, thats for sure.

Where'd you find the mag plates?

Thomas

• Rep: 20
  • no pop no style
« Reply #283 on: May 23, 2016, 06:50:12 AM »
I've been riding Indys for 10 years, but I just ordered some Ace 44.
Can't wait to try them !
Possibilities are everywhere, search and enjoy.

Main

« Reply #284 on: May 23, 2016, 10:33:00 AM »
I've been riding Indys for 10 years, but I just ordered some Ace 44.
Can't wait to try them !

As others have stated, it will be hard to go back to any other truck after Ace, especially after they improved their quality. The turn is just unbeatable. Let us know what you think after you ride 'em!

Julz

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -6
« Reply #285 on: May 23, 2016, 12:07:58 PM »
I've been riding ACE for a year now. I'll need new trucks soon, so I am now stuck between choosing a new set of indys or stick with ACE. IMO ACE wins over indys in every aspect, except one. At faster speeds ACES can wobble so unexpectedly, it gets frustrating. One second I am doing a manual, the next one I'm flying off my board. That same problem also happened while pushing as fast as I can on flat ground, that issue never occured with indys (or even thunders).

So while I do love my aces, I also don't trust them. If that makes sense  ???

Sk.A.T.A.N

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 694
  • aka Sk.A.N.Y.E.
« Reply #286 on: May 23, 2016, 01:59:34 PM »

So, Aces are like a girlfriend you love but that's cheating on you.

R.I.P RUSTY/FRIP

Julz

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -6
« Reply #287 on: May 23, 2016, 02:26:25 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

So, Aces are like a girlfriend you love but that's cheating on you.

Worst, my cheating ass girlfriend wouldn't dare to throw me off my board.

Main

« Reply #288 on: May 23, 2016, 07:05:43 PM »
As long as Ace's are kept at a normal level of looseness I found them to be just as stable as Indy. However, if you do something crazy like cut the top bushing in half or use some super soft ones to the point that they rattle, then yeah...they're super sketchy but I feel like that would happen with any truck if you did that.

j....soy.....

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #289 on: May 24, 2016, 11:22:50 PM »
I find Aces are a good stable carve.....Even a tiny bit broader than an Indy....then they hook......

N.L.

« Reply #290 on: May 25, 2016, 09:27:34 AM »
I find Aces are a good stable carve.....Even a tiny bit broader than an Indy....then they hook......

agreed. i find them more stable than indys when i want them to be but you get a much deeper responsive turn when you want it. thunder have a similar deal but the turn is quicker and MUCH shallower.

floop

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -28
  • the things I do for my fucking friends!
« Reply #291 on: May 25, 2016, 10:23:30 PM »
I've been riding ACE for a year now. I'll need new trucks soon, so I am now stuck between choosing a new set of indys or stick with ACE. IMO ACE wins over indys in every aspect, except one. At faster speeds ACES can wobble so unexpectedly, it gets frustrating. One second I am doing a manual, the next one I'm flying off my board. That same problem also happened while pushing as fast as I can on flat ground, that issue never occured with indys (or even thunders).

I'm in the same situation.  For me it's more a size issue.  I ride an 835-838 with 44s but want to bump up to like an 8.5.  Seems like 149s are perfect for 8.5.  Then again this is being anal

"Every time I read one of your shitty posts I wonder why I am wasting my time looking at SLAP."

ferraveemo

• Rep: 23
« Reply #292 on: May 26, 2016, 01:57:40 AM »

for the dudes that was modding their Ace's & Indy's with the inverted kingpin. your wish has come true!

from AceJoeyT himself...

anyone know where to get the stage 2's with the upgraded axle nuts?

EDIT: finally blew my Khiro softs but only on the front truck. Can't he just take the design of the pivot cup hole from Indy's? i swear i've blew the pivot cups so many times it's starting to irritate me to skate in Ace's. I love the turn but i'm gonna need a little bit more durability.
« Last Edit: May 26, 2016, 02:00:15 AM by ferraveemo »

Main

« Reply #293 on: May 26, 2016, 08:05:52 AM »
^ beat me to it. Saw the post when I woke up and got a boner. Can't wait to get these...

j....soy.....

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #294 on: May 26, 2016, 08:06:46 AM »
glad to see it happen but the design could be better....more rounded....I guess making it hexagon makes some sense just in case you grind or smash in the hole.....

N.L.

« Reply #295 on: May 26, 2016, 08:09:31 AM »
looks like the king pin nut is the same size as the axle nut? rad idea.

Main

« Reply #296 on: May 26, 2016, 08:14:14 AM »
I've never messed with anything hollow on trucks and I kinda thought he wouldn't bother with any of that. I'll still get them but I hope I don't snap a kingpin.

BMCsteve

« Reply #297 on: May 26, 2016, 08:51:43 AM »
glad to see it happen but the design could be better....more rounded....I guess making it hexagon makes some sense just in case you grind or smash in the hole.....

Yeha unfortunately it's not as clean or low profile as the Krux design.  Odd choice

Jake From State Farm

« Reply #298 on: May 26, 2016, 08:57:28 AM »
take my money

Xen

• Trade Count: (+8)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 937
  • U neg cuz UR insecure-glad I got under your skin
« Reply #299 on: May 26, 2016, 01:22:48 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

Yeha unfortunately it's not as clean or low profile as the Krux design.  Odd choice

Yeah...

So it's a flange nut design (smart, I always wondered why this wasn't the norm) yet there is still a need for the standard bushing washer/cap on it?  Why? Is the Kingpin super long? Hollow?