Author Topic: Ace trucks  (Read 116194 times)

ferraveemo

• Rep: -3
Re: Ace trucks
« Reply #420 on: August 22, 2016, 08:11:59 PM »
I'm about to jump into this Krux Bushings Bandwagon. How short is the top Krux bushings compare to Ace? I just want put the nut on till it levels out at the last thread in. I don't want to have even a hint of kingpin sticking out of the nut.

learned the hard way when i first made the switch and i used Bones bushings on Ace's. It gives you the Matt Rodriguez loose trucks to where it shackles and you see the top bushing moving up and down. This throws off the geometry of the truck by a huge margin and also ruins not just the pivot cup bushing but also the hole it keeps it on. my front truck had it's pivot hole stretch to the point that the hanger either slips out or it takes a chunk of the pivot base plate piece.

Cherb

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -14
« Reply #421 on: August 22, 2016, 09:44:52 PM »
I'm about to jump into this Krux Bushings Bandwagon. How short is the top Krux bushings compare to Ace? I just want put the nut on till it levels out at the last thread in. I don't want to have even a hint of kingpin sticking out of the nut.
The krux top bushing is just a hair shorter than the ace bushings. I don't know the exact measurement but it's probably about a millimeter.

Thomas

• Rep: -1
  • no pop no style
« Reply #422 on: August 23, 2016, 12:20:43 AM »
How many of you Ace guys skate street mostly?

I skate street only.
I ride them with stock bottom and medium bones top, but I'm considering trying that krux thing that everybody's talking about.

All redesigns come with foggy off-white bushings and they're a harder durometer than the older Ace bushings. Swap 'em out with Krux and you'll be set.

I'm confused now...
My two pairs are redesigned (I mean beefed up hanger), but the newest pair are .38 specials.
The newest pair have clear white bushing, and the older have off-white bushings.

I can't get Krux bushings in France, shipping rates are ridiculously high, so I will skate them with stock bottom and Bones top.

I can't feel the duro difference by hand, so which one should I keep, the white or the off-white ?
« Last Edit: August 23, 2016, 05:11:24 AM by Thomas »
Possibilities are everywhere, search and enjoy.

BMCsteve

« Reply #423 on: August 23, 2016, 06:31:31 AM »

I skate street only.
I ride them with stock bottom and medium bones top, but I'm considering trying that krux thing that everybody's talking about.

All redesigns come with foggy off-white bushings and they're a harder durometer than the older Ace bushings. Swap 'em out with Krux and you'll be set.

I'm confused now...
My two pairs are redesigned (I mean beefed up hanger), but the newest pair are .38 specials.
The newest pair have clear white bushing, and the older have off-white bushings.

I can't get Krux bushings in France, shipping rates are ridiculously high, so I will skate them with stock bottom and Bones top.

I can't feel the duro difference by hand, so which one should I keep, the white or the off-white ?

They are probably the exact same bushings.  Urethane color can vary based on a thousand different factors.  It doesn't mean that one is harder than the other

Sk.A.T.A.N

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 174
  • aka Sk.A.N.Y.E.
« Reply #424 on: August 23, 2016, 06:41:23 AM »

I skate street only.

I'm confused now...

If you want to buy krux bushings go to Titus skateshop webstore, they usually have everything and they ship from germany so thats maybe 5 euros for shipping.

R.I.P RUSTY/FRIP

Main

• Rep: -206
« Reply #425 on: August 23, 2016, 08:40:38 AM »
Yes, the Krux top bushing is just slightly shorter than an Ace stock, but it's fine, you just have to turn the nut a few more times to keep it secure. They'll be nice and loose and you'll have the best turn in da bidniz.

Roisto

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 41
« Reply #426 on: August 23, 2016, 11:22:21 AM »
My local shop has the Krux bushings for 9. I live in Finland. They seem to charge 20 for international shipping, which is outrageous for bushings. I could go get them and mail them to you in an envelope if you can't find them elsewhere for a sensible price. Dunno how much mailing a letter to France would be, but should be a lot less than 20 at least.

Krooked antihero

• Rep: 32
« Reply #427 on: August 23, 2016, 11:54:24 AM »
My local shop has the Krux bushings for 9�. I live in Finland. They seem to charge 20� for international shipping, which is outrageous for bushings. I could go get them and mail them to you in an envelope if you can't find them elsewhere for a sensible price. Dunno how much mailing a letter to France would be, but should be a lot less than 20� at least.

Which one, you live in turku right?
europe's like the capitol of england and france and whatever

Roisto

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #428 on: August 23, 2016, 12:07:00 PM »
Quote from: Krooked antihero  link=topic=48056.msg2540206#msg2540206 date=1471978464
My local shop has the Krux bushings for 9�. I live in Finland. They seem to charge 20� for international shipping, which is outrageous for bushings. I could go get them and mail them to you in an envelope if you can't find them elsewhere for a sensible price. Dunno how much mailing a letter to France would be, but should be a lot less than 20� at least.

Dylan's Trading

At least they've got them on their website. Haven't asked in the shop.

j....soy.....

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 666
« Reply #429 on: August 23, 2016, 08:50:26 PM »
Hey for you guys who run the krux or flipped kingpins....how do you keep the nut from spinning in the baseplate?

Krooked antihero

• Rep: 32
« Reply #430 on: August 23, 2016, 11:27:01 PM »
Quote from: Krooked antihero  link=topic=48056.msg2540206#msg2540206 date=1471978464

Dylan's Trading

At least they've got them on their website. Haven't asked in the shop.
Cheers, now i finally have a reason to go check that place out!
europe's like the capitol of england and france and whatever

Thomas

• no pop no style
« Reply #431 on: August 23, 2016, 11:48:42 PM »

That's very kind of you, but I managed to find them on eBay from UK yesterday, it was 15 shipping included, which is OK compared to Bones...
Can't wait to try them !

I don't know what's going on with international shipping rate, I went to the post office yesterday to send a Ace baseplate to USA for warranty, it was like 26... Can have a whole truck for this price...

ferraveemo

« Reply #432 on: August 25, 2016, 01:14:08 AM »
Just received these!

and here's the comparison...

Ace Top's on the Left and Krux Tops on the right

I put them both(Top's Only) on my Regular and Cruiser Set ups(Both Ace 44's). Didn't have to break them in like everyone said and it finally gave me that "broken-in" Ace signature turn. My only grief about them is that they kinda give your board a soggy sound or that sound that you get with soft wheels and this is only for my regular set up with 99a wheels. So for those that like to have the nut flush or don't want a part of the kingpin to stick out past the nut. your gonna have to finger tighten it and use a tool and turn it one time  around and 3 quarters for the 2nd turn almost all the way around. It should only leave about a millimeter of kingpin, so about the same look as when you first get it out of the bag/skateshop. i guess that i can let go because it actually keeps it intact and gives you more of a highly responsive/surfy turn but not too bouncy of a rebound. so more stable loose than wobbly loose.
« Last Edit: August 25, 2016, 01:20:00 AM by ferraveemo »

Jud Nestorkins

• Rep: -39
« Reply #433 on: August 31, 2016, 05:02:17 PM »
I almost always ride silver trucks but this color combo is pure sex. Anyone know if they are the redesigns?

http://www.tactics.com/ace/44-hi-skateboard-trucks/diamond-black

Showerface

« Reply #434 on: August 31, 2016, 05:24:40 PM »
^OG's

Jud Nestorkins

• Rep: -39
« Reply #435 on: August 31, 2016, 07:36:22 PM »

yourfuckingdad

• Rep: -24
« Reply #436 on: September 02, 2016, 12:46:58 PM »
How much do Ace weigh compared to Indy's? I've been riding a set of Indy 169's (the ~9" ones) for years but they're heavy as shit. Are Aces  any lighter?

Roisto

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #437 on: September 02, 2016, 01:14:28 PM »
According to this table:
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/13rCMIthFb59Y-xrveasWk4GqR9jgd85fXDCIFm3g15I/edit
posted by Deekay in the Royal trucks thread just a while ago, the Ace 44s are 365g and Indy 149s 394g. So, the Indy is ~8% heavier than the Ace. Not much, but might be noticeable. I suck anyway, so I don't notice such, even though I have both on two different set ups right now.

GOATMOON

« Reply #438 on: September 02, 2016, 01:33:27 PM »
According to this table:
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/13rCMIthFb59Y-xrveasWk4GqR9jgd85fXDCIFm3g15I/edit
posted by Deekay in the Royal trucks thread just a while ago, the Ace 44s are 365g and Indy 149s 394g. So, the Indy is ~8% heavier than the Ace. Not much, but might be noticeable. I suck anyway, so I don't notice such, even though I have both on two different set ups right now.
That chart is helpful but I'm pretty sure the info is at least 2-3 years old and ACE beefed up their hangers not too long ago, so  they're definitely a bit heavier now.

BMCsteve

« Reply #439 on: September 02, 2016, 01:56:51 PM »
According to this table:
That chart is helpful but I'm pretty sure the info is at least 2-3 years old and ACE beefed up their hangers not too long ago, so  they're definitely a bit heavier now.

The current Ace 44's weigh 392g.  Regular Indy 149 are 394g and Indy Ti 149 are 339g

yourfuckingdad

« Reply #440 on: September 03, 2016, 09:55:06 PM »
Word thanks.
The guy who makes my boards also uses hella glue which makes them surprisingly heavy (relative to normal skateshop decks).

Do lighter wheels exist that don't suck? My friend in middle school had these hollow core Flip wheels that broke in half after a few weeks lol.

Jake From State Farm

« Reply #441 on: September 03, 2016, 09:59:46 PM »
Word thanks.
The guy who makes my boards also uses hella glue which makes them surprisingly heavy (relative to normal skateshop decks).

Do lighter wheels exist that don't suck? My friend in middle school had these hollow core Flip wheels that broke in half after a few weeks lol.

Welcome orbs. The ones with the cores that Spitfire used to do.

But let's not derail this thread! The redesigns still bend. Any experience with the warranty as of lately?

yourfuckingdad

« Reply #442 on: September 04, 2016, 02:48:24 PM »
Word thanks.

But let's not derail this thread! The redesigns still bend. Any experience with the warranty as of lately?

thanks dawg

Thomas

• no pop no style
« Reply #443 on: September 05, 2016, 01:35:10 AM »
Word thanks.

My 44's are still OK, 3 months old. I'm 130 lbs btw...

Hannity

« Reply #444 on: September 05, 2016, 07:06:06 AM »
i've been riding new 44s for the last 6 months and they're holding up well. i'm 6'2", 165lbs and they still feel sturdy as ever. but i don't jump down gaps or stairs, so they're probably much less prone to bending.

Xen

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 7
« Reply #445 on: September 06, 2016, 12:10:06 PM »
Hey for you guys who run the krux or flipped kingpins....how do you keep the nut from spinning in the baseplate?

I use:

http://www.jbweld.com/products/steelstik-epoxy-putty-stick

Thomas

• no pop no style
« Reply #446 on: September 07, 2016, 12:08:19 AM »
For those who are using Krux bushings (both), are you riding them so loose that you can rotate the top washer by hand ?
Mine are like this, even if I got about 1mm of kingpin sticking out.

It's perfectly OK to skate, but I don't know if it will hold a long time.

Main

• Rep: -206
« Reply #447 on: September 07, 2016, 09:52:57 AM »
For those who are using Krux bushings (both), are you riding them so loose that you can rotate the top washer by hand ?

I make sure to tighten the nut down just enough so that I can't spin the top washer with my fingers. That way the Krux bushings and washers are secure on the kingpin and not sliding up and down. Still a nice and loose ride.

N.L.

« Reply #448 on: September 07, 2016, 12:16:41 PM »
Main's right. They only thing that matters is that you engage the plastic in the kingpin nut.

jamersonbass

• Rep: 11
« Reply #449 on: September 07, 2016, 04:54:27 PM »

I make sure to tighten the nut down just enough so that I can't spin the top washer with my fingers. That way the Krux bushings and washers are secure on the kingpin and not sliding up and down. Still a nice and loose ride.

I'm used to riding Indy and Thunder's finger tight on the axle nut.  The decreased height of the Krux top bushing had me feeling weird about seeing so many threads (at least 3) on the kingpin nut.  I haven't skated it yet, but randomly threw the stock Ace top bushings back on for no apparent reason but to have less threads sticking out.  Should be able to get back out tomorrow night.

Been on the redesign 44's for almost a month.  Really like the height, turn, and the feel on grinds.  Hate the stock bushings, and wish a better manufacturer would make bushings in the same dimension ala Indy.