Author Topic: Ace trucks  (Read 738829 times)

Alois Hitler Jr. and 2 Guests are viewing this topic.

bluntstofakie

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: -4
Re: Ace trucks
« Reply #480 on: October 03, 2016, 04:15:30 PM »
What are 55s? I know it's either 8.75 or 8.875, but which one is it?
was that switch ollie in a turban at 1:18 ?.....trend watch

Main

• Rep: -208
« Reply #481 on: October 03, 2016, 04:18:10 PM »
55's are 8.875

ZEBRA

« Reply #482 on: October 03, 2016, 08:48:55 PM »

Madam, I'm Adam

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1359
« Reply #483 on: October 03, 2016, 09:07:23 PM »
Will be the next pair I buy.

Deekay

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 125
« Reply #484 on: October 04, 2016, 05:51:54 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

Thank you!

It doesn't really matter but they're 7.875. I guess it's mostly a visual thing I guess but it looks/feels different than regular indy 139's.

Zimmer

• Rep: -9
« Reply #485 on: October 04, 2016, 11:04:31 PM »
As much as I've been liking my ace's, I think I pretty much have to go back to thunders.

It's all about that geometry. Ace has that creamy buttery turn but can feel a little unstable. thunders turn is more of a tilt.. but I feel a lot more confident with the axles farther forward (as apposed to the axles being right under the baseplate).

I thought I could compensate by riding bigger decks, but I'm not going over 8.5, and hunting down WB numbers is a drag.

Roisto

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 474
« Reply #486 on: October 05, 2016, 06:17:43 AM »
How far do Thunders push out the wheelbase compared to Ace or Indy?

Xen

• Trade Count: (+8)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 937
  • U neg cuz UR insecure-glad I got under your skin
« Reply #487 on: October 05, 2016, 05:11:24 PM »
As much as I've been liking my ace's, I think I pretty much have to go back to thunders.

It's all about that geometry. Ace has that creamy buttery turn but can feel a little unstable. thunders turn is more of a tilt.. but I feel a lot more confident with the axles farther forward (as apposed to the axles being right under the baseplate).

I thought I could compensate by riding bigger decks, but I'm not going over 8.5, and hunting down WB numbers is a drag.

The struggle is real, bro!

Zimmer

« Reply #488 on: October 06, 2016, 02:01:45 PM »
How far do Thunders push out the wheelbase compared to Ace or Indy?

I just picked up some 149 hollow lights today, I can try measuring it somehow.

Zimmer

« Reply #489 on: October 06, 2016, 08:19:34 PM »
From my eye ball estimate, going from ace 44 to thunder hollow lights adds almost an inch to the wheelbase. I couldn't find my tape measure!

bluntstofakie

• Rep: -4
« Reply #490 on: October 09, 2016, 08:59:45 AM »
From my eye ball estimate, going from ace 44 to thunder hollow lights adds almost an inch to the wheelbase. I couldn't find my tape measure!
Thunder hollow lights - 17.25
My ace base plates are shot, so I have my 44 hangers on indy stage 9 plates. Ace indy combo - 17 inches
Indy stage 11 - 17.375
Venture lows - 17.625
All measurements are from the center of the front axle to the center of the rear axle on a board with a 14 inch wheelbase.
was that switch ollie in a turban at 1:18 ?.....trend watch

ZEBRA

« Reply #491 on: October 09, 2016, 02:13:44 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

Thank you!
[close]

It doesn't really matter but they're 7.875. I guess it's mostly a visual thing I guess but it looks/feels different than regular indy 139's.

Oh no, that matters to be. There's a good difference between the 33's and 44's then. Will be trying the 44's more than likely then

rob

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 186
  • Lance Mountain
« Reply #492 on: October 12, 2016, 09:36:33 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

Thank you!
[close]

[close]

Oh no, that matters to be. There's a good difference between the 33's and 44's then. Will be trying the 44's more than likely then

ahaha idk man, the ace 03 i have fit perfect on my real 8.12. doesnt look under the width or anything. literally flush with the axle on an 8.12
yes

MonistatOne

« Reply #493 on: October 13, 2016, 07:29:57 AM »
Apologies if already stated in this thread, but does anyone know if Ace are made in USA?

Level 60 Dwarf Paladin

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -83
« Reply #494 on: October 13, 2016, 08:00:12 AM »
Apologies if already stated in this thread, but does anyone know if Ace are made in USA?
They are not.
you never know about pre-cum 

BMCsteve

« Reply #495 on: October 13, 2016, 08:39:53 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]
They are not.

www.youtube.com/watch?v=RDrfE9I8_hs

thebacker

« Reply #496 on: November 06, 2016, 01:36:30 PM »
So is the switch from indy to these worth it?

Main

« Reply #497 on: November 06, 2016, 04:32:53 PM »

Yeah.

Gray Imp Sausage Metal

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 76
  • We're just 2 lo(b)s(t)ers sitting behind a screen
« Reply #498 on: November 06, 2016, 05:31:20 PM »
but you have to fuck with like 734 things on them to make them actually rideable  tho right?

Impish sausage is definitely gonna blow up as a euphemism this year

rob

• SLAP Pal
  • Lance Mountain
« Reply #499 on: November 06, 2016, 07:03:07 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

Yeah.

definitely , i was riding indy lows mainly cause of the deep indy carve/turn but with my low preference but the weight was killing me, all the shredders who rock standard indys full solid weight can tell you, me the world how weight doesnt matter but truthfully, it DOES matter cause when your getting a bit winded youll feel it. how much effort it takes just to try another trick. lighter trucks make it easier

to wrap it up, aces are like indys but lighter and quicker on the turn response

but you have to fuck with like 734 things on them to make them actually rideable  tho right?

i dont think so, since your riding thunder 149 if your curious imp i suggest try some 44 the new ones. they should be about the same height, probably lighter by a little, and trust me they turn just as quick as thunders but turn deeper than thunder by some. im loving my 03.

the ace stock bushings are kinda tight at first but give them time and they break in feeling like thunder bushngs, atleast thats how i feel. and like everyone says, the aces should shorten your wheel base or keep it at the length the board originally measured it to be rather than extend it like the thunders do.

dont get me wrong thunders are good if you want excellent response but if you want something between thunder and indy definitely ACE. in my opinion the krux bushing swap is just so they get a nice soft deep quick turn and response, i dont ride loose so i keep it in the middle with the stock(sorry if im repeating ahah) i have my trucks medium tight, i can still turn while cruising even on sharp corners, it just takes a little effort sometimes a tick tack but rarely
yes

Gray Imp Sausage Metal

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 76
  • We're just 2 lo(b)s(t)ers sitting behind a screen
« Reply #500 on: November 06, 2016, 07:06:23 PM »
nice, I'm guessing I'll stick with the thunders for a bit - just seemed like less fuss off the bat (which is exactly what I was looking for). 

Impish sausage is definitely gonna blow up as a euphemism this year

N.L.

« Reply #501 on: November 06, 2016, 07:25:51 PM »
rob is right. ace take some of the best attributes of both Indy and Thunder. you got a super responsive turn at slow speeds but strangely they are stable at speed. at least in my experience. i just don't like the sizing so much. if there was something between 44s and 55s i might have my truck...

Xen

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #502 on: November 06, 2016, 07:37:51 PM »

Depends on what you want out of the truck and what / how you skate as they all do the same thing, just slightly different.

Indy's are probably the best all around truck (forged).

I've been switching off/on Indy and Thunders but swapped out to aces/bones med today, felt so good; they did what I want when I wanted and didn't feel off with anything.

rob

• SLAP Pal
  • Lance Mountain
« Reply #503 on: November 06, 2016, 07:43:54 PM »
rob is right. ace take some of the best attributes of both Indy and Thunder. you got a super responsive turn at slow speeds but strangely they are stable at speed. at least in my experience. i just don't like the sizing so much. if there was something between 44s and 55s i might have my truck...

woah what size are 55s ?

i know 44 are 8.25
yes

thebacker

« Reply #504 on: November 06, 2016, 09:51:55 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

Yeah.
[close]

definitely , i was riding indy lows mainly cause of the deep indy carve/turn but with my low preference but the weight was killing me, all the shredders who rock standard indys full solid weight can tell you, me the world how weight doesnt matter but truthfully, it DOES matter cause when your getting a bit winded youll feel it. how much effort it takes just to try another trick. lighter trucks make it easier

to wrap it up, aces are like indys but lighter and quicker on the turn response

Expand Quote

[close]

i dont think so, since your riding thunder 149 if your curious imp i suggest try some 44 the new ones. they should be about the same height, probably lighter by a little, and trust me they turn just as quick as thunders but turn deeper than thunder by some. im loving my 03.

the ace stock bushings are kinda tight at first but give them time and they break in feeling like thunder bushngs, atleast thats how i feel. and like everyone says, the aces should shorten your wheel base or keep it at the length the board originally measured it to be rather than extend it like the thunders do.

dont get me wrong thunders are good if you want excellent response but if you want something between thunder and indy definitely ACE. in my opinion the krux bushing swap is just so they get a nice soft deep quick turn and response, i dont ride loose so i keep it in the middle with the stock(sorry if im repeating ahah) i have my trucks medium tight, i can still turn while cruising even on sharp corners, it just takes a little effort sometimes a tick tack but rarely
Thanks man im deffinitely gonna order a set now

rob

• SLAP Pal
  • Lance Mountain
« Reply #505 on: November 06, 2016, 11:11:47 PM »
you wont regret, they grind like butter too.
yes

Thomas

• Rep: 20
  • no pop no style
« Reply #506 on: November 07, 2016, 12:21:14 AM »
I've been riding Indy for 10 years, switched to Ace 44 in May, and I really enjoy them.
The perfect thing is that they can be very loose while holding up on high speed, and no wheel bites.

I had to deal with the Krux bushing thing since I didn't want to wait for the stocks to break in...

I don't think I'll be back on Indy soon, Aces fit really nice with the way I skate.
Possibilities are everywhere, search and enjoy.

N.L.

« Reply #507 on: November 07, 2016, 08:52:44 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

woah what size are 55s ?

i know 44 are 8.25

55s are 8 7/8" axle/ 162mm hanger I believe. 44s are more like 8 3/8"s axles and 146mm hangers...

Xen

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #508 on: November 07, 2016, 02:47:58 PM »

Sizing is odd, but I get that they were trying to accommodate more than one deck size per truck; 44s are such a universal size really.

Main

« Reply #509 on: November 07, 2016, 06:50:39 PM »
44's really are perfect in width now that they're just a tiny bit more than 8.25. Don't notice any difference compared to Indy 149's.

If only Ace stepped up their quality control, and moved their production to USA. They could possibly be the best truck...ever.