Author Topic: Ace trucks  (Read 116605 times)

Vitriol

• Rep: 17
Re: Ace trucks
« Reply #570 on: April 24, 2017, 02:50:29 PM »
Mucho thanks for the info guys, makes sense.
Might be worth considering as my nuts are moving during sessions on my last pair, maybe i didn't thread enough nylock this time, but i don't like the idea of tightening them more.
Then again when i go fast (ok, it's not that often!) things can get pretty wild, so i don't know about going any softer.
I'll probably just grab a small tube of loctite somewhere.

Xen

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 7
« Reply #571 on: April 26, 2017, 10:21:03 AM »
Might be worth considering as my nuts are moving during sessions on my last pair, maybe i didn't thread enough nylock this time, but i don't like the idea of tightening them more.
Then again when i go fast (ok, it's not that often!) things can get pretty wild, so i don't know about going any softer.

https://shop.lululemon.com/p/men-underwear/Lock-Em-Down-Boxer/_/prod6020407

Vitriol

• Rep: 17
« Reply #572 on: April 26, 2017, 02:22:53 PM »

https://shop.lululemon.com/p/men-underwear/Lock-Em-Down-Boxer/_/prod6020407
Good call!!!  ;D
I actually use loose boxers cause i like some bagginess down there, but my buddy swears by tight ones, avoids accidents he says.
He rides tighter trucks too, so maybe there's a correlation somewhere...?!

Jud Nestorkins

• Rep: -39
« Reply #573 on: May 05, 2017, 02:18:55 AM »
Just ordered an 8.625 deck and Ace 44s. It says here that 44s are good for decks up to 8.75. I normally ride between 8.3-8.5 decks but I love the deck I bought and it was an 8.625.

Do you think this will be weird or should I have gotten 55's. Would using a couple extra spacers help at all?

Roisto

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 42
« Reply #574 on: May 05, 2017, 02:54:51 AM »
Just ordered an 8.625 deck and Ace 44s. It says here that 44s are good for decks up to 8.75. I normally ride between 8.3-8.5 decks but I love the deck I bought and it was an 8.625.

Do you think this will be weird or should I have gotten 55's. Would using a couple extra spacers help at all?

That football shape Zero? Probably tapers down more than a regular deck, so you're probably golden with the 44s.

Jud Nestorkins

« Reply #575 on: May 05, 2017, 03:35:46 AM »

That football shape Zero? Probably tapers down more than a regular deck, so you're probably golden with the 44s.
Yeah that's the deck lol and okay. I'll probably be fine.

However when I tried ordering it on my computer, the site said they were 8.25 trucks and would let me put them with that deck but when I ordered from my iPad it works just fine.

Xen

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #576 on: May 05, 2017, 06:45:56 AM »

However when I tried ordering it on my computer, the site said they were 8.25 trucks and would let me put them with that deck but when I ordered from my iPad it works just fine.

Skate warehouse complete builder? Sounds like it...doesn't let you put crazy combos together, e.g., 7.5" deck and ACE 55s.

Jud Nestorkins

« Reply #577 on: May 05, 2017, 06:54:28 AM »

Skate warehouse complete builder? Sounds like it...doesn't let you put crazy combos together, e.g., 7.5" deck and ACE 55s.
Yeah I ordered from SW.

N.L.

« Reply #578 on: May 05, 2017, 08:19:20 AM »

it will be totally fine, no matter the deck shape. The Ace axles will be an 1/8" shorter each side of the deck. Like riding 149s and an 8.75". If you're that concerned add more washers to push the wheels further out a bit.

tzhangdox

• Rep: 18
« Reply #579 on: May 05, 2017, 02:55:50 PM »

I had an 8.62 anti hero on my ace 44s for a lil bit, felt fine honestly, didn't notice anything off. Like others have said, if it bothers you, you can always put more washers on the inside side of the wheel to push them out a little bit more, I think ace axles are slightly longer than normal ones anyway.

Diocletian

• Rep: 4
« Reply #580 on: May 05, 2017, 07:20:48 PM »
Does anyone know if a "high" hanger can sit on a "low" Ace baseplate as long as I swap the kingpin out to a "high" one or a Krux pin? Or is the "low" baseplate a different geometry that can't fit "high" hangers?

tzhangdox

« Reply #581 on: May 05, 2017, 07:58:35 PM »
Does anyone know if a "high" hanger can sit on a "low" Ace baseplate as long as I swap the kingpin out to a "high" one or a Krux pin? Or is the "low" baseplate a different geometry that can't fit "high" hangers?

I don't think they do unfortunately.
« Last Edit: May 06, 2017, 02:19:00 AM by tzhangdox »

Jud Nestorkins

« Reply #582 on: May 14, 2017, 04:11:59 AM »
Not my pic but this is gnarly and since people always say that Aces have the worst piviot cups known to man I thought it'd be cool to post.

Thomas

• Rep: -1
  • no pop no style
« Reply #583 on: May 22, 2017, 12:37:24 AM »
Started to have axle slip on both trucks this weekend after 1 year of use.
Switched to new hangers, hope I'm good for one more year.
Possibilities are everywhere, search and enjoy.

tzhangdox

« Reply #584 on: May 22, 2017, 01:27:12 AM »

Did you just have spare hangers lying around or did you buy just hangers? Copped a set of the mag baseplates and am wondering if its possible to buy just hangers rather than the entire truck.

Thomas

• no pop no style
« Reply #585 on: May 22, 2017, 02:33:47 AM »

Did you just have spare hangers lying around or did you buy just hangers? Copped a set of the mag baseplates and am wondering if its possible to buy just hangers rather than the entire truck.

I had spare hangers because I had an issue with my kingpin, changed the baseplate only...
I think someone posted while ago a link to a sketchy website where you can buy spare parts, not sure if it still exist and/or if they carry Aces.

Pigeon

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 110
« Reply #586 on: May 23, 2017, 03:00:43 PM »
I'm contemplating buying a set of 33 Hi, because I've heard that they were modeled off Indy Stage VII. I don't know how often they change their trucks, or if they even do, so is there still any truth to the Stage VII comparison?
i was not vaccinated as a child and i turned out fine.

Cherb

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -14
« Reply #587 on: May 23, 2017, 03:10:24 PM »
Aces are based off of stage III indys.

DaveFuck

• Rep: 34
« Reply #588 on: August 26, 2017, 08:06:36 AM »
Can someone tell me how you replaced the stock kingping with the krux one? im considering making the switch

tzhangdox

« Reply #589 on: August 26, 2017, 09:28:38 AM »
Can someone tell me how you replaced the stock kingping with the krux one? im considering making the switch

Get a hammer and knock the original kingpin out. The rest is straightforward, you may need the krux bushings because the ace stock bushings could be a bit tall. Note that there isn't anything to hold the nut on the underside of the baseplate, so tightening it down a lot may be tricky, and when you do, it could sometimes loosen back up. Also adjusting in general is annoying. Can be solved with loctite though. I think it's worth it though, the Kingpin clearance you get is ridiculous.

JAesop

« Reply #590 on: August 26, 2017, 08:21:23 PM »

Get a hammer and knock the original kingpin out. The rest is straightforward, you may need the krux bushings because the ace stock bushings could be a bit tall. Note that there isn't anything to hold the nut on the underside of the baseplate, so tightening it down a lot may be tricky, and when you do, it could sometimes loosen back up. Also adjusting in general is annoying. Can be solved with loctite though. I think it's worth it though, the Kingpin clearance you get is ridiculous.

All true. I gave up on the Krux kingpins after a couple of seriously squirrelly incidents. Use the loctite.

j....soy.....

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 666
« Reply #591 on: August 28, 2017, 07:39:51 AM »
My whole shit fell apart once....so this is a good idea....

To tighten your trucks, I found that if you push on your trucks in one direction you get some tension and it kinda works versus taking your whole damn truck off......

bumpnrun

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 23
    • Fairways & Flips
« Reply #592 on: August 28, 2017, 09:56:18 AM »
jeez... sounds like a lot of work just to get a set of aces serviceable.

Xen

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #593 on: August 28, 2017, 10:23:05 AM »

ACE are totally serviceable without Krux pins; it is suggested that you get some better pivot cups out of the gate tho. All stock cups in most trucks are shitty hard ass plastic that will get chewed up, just like stock bushings.

N.L.

« Reply #594 on: August 28, 2017, 10:50:51 AM »

Nah, they're good to rip stock.

I've never had a problem with Ace pivot cups and the stock bushings are great quality also. I change mine out of personable preference but they come ready to go unless you dwell on this thread too often.

bumpnrun

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 23
    • Fairways & Flips
« Reply #595 on: August 28, 2017, 11:21:45 AM »

Nah, they're good to rip stock.

I've never had a problem with Ace pivot cups and the stock bushings are great quality also. I change mine out of personable preference but they come ready to go unless you dwell on this thread too often.

It seems a lot of slap pals are nerds for truck modification LOL I'm just one of those guys that's fine with stock indys.

Dr. Octagon

« Reply #596 on: August 28, 2017, 05:31:41 PM »
all the stock ace shit is fine. if the axles bent less, they'd be the best trucks on the market. Until they can rectify that, I'm on indy's with their aftermarket bushings.

Thomas

• no pop no style
« Reply #597 on: August 29, 2017, 01:36:03 AM »
all the stock ace shit is fine. if the axles bent less, they'd be the best trucks on the market. Until they can rectify that, I'm on indy's with their aftermarket bushings.
They did.

Dr. Octagon

« Reply #598 on: September 01, 2017, 03:39:20 PM »
They did.

they didn't. my 44 redesigns bent. bought a second set that came with axles that aren't straight. also those 38 special nuts rattle right off.

saltusnaut

• Rep: 4
« Reply #599 on: September 02, 2017, 01:39:40 AM »
They did.

they didn't. my 44 redesigns bent. bought a second set that came with axles that aren't straight. also those 38 special nuts rattle right off.

Are you saying the axles were bent when you got them? My current set have the 38 nuts and they stay on just as good as normal nuts