Author Topic: Ace trucks  (Read 738969 times)

tzhangdox

• Trade Count: (+7)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 518
Re: Ace trucks
« Reply #570 on: May 22, 2017, 01:27:12 AM »
Started to have axle slip on both trucks this weekend after 1 year of use.
Switched to new hangers, hope I'm good for one more year.

Did you just have spare hangers lying around or did you buy just hangers? Copped a set of the mag baseplates and am wondering if its possible to buy just hangers rather than the entire truck.

Thomas

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: 20
  • no pop no style
« Reply #571 on: May 22, 2017, 02:33:47 AM »
Expand Quote
Started to have axle slip on both trucks this weekend after 1 year of use.
Switched to new hangers, hope I'm good for one more year.

[close]

Did you just have spare hangers lying around or did you buy just hangers? Copped a set of the mag baseplates and am wondering if its possible to buy just hangers rather than the entire truck.

I had spare hangers because I had an issue with my kingpin, changed the baseplate only...
I think someone posted while ago a link to a sketchy website where you can buy spare parts, not sure if it still exist and/or if they carry Aces.
Possibilities are everywhere, search and enjoy.

Pigeon

« Reply #572 on: May 23, 2017, 03:00:43 PM »
I'm contemplating buying a set of 33 Hi, because I've heard that they were modeled off Indy Stage VII. I don't know how often they change their trucks, or if they even do, so is there still any truth to the Stage VII comparison?

Cherb

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -19
« Reply #573 on: May 23, 2017, 03:10:24 PM »
Aces are based off of stage III indys.

thebacker

« Reply #574 on: August 26, 2017, 08:06:36 AM »
Can someone tell me how you replaced the stock kingping with the krux one? im considering making the switch

tzhangdox

• Trade Count: (+7)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 518
« Reply #575 on: August 26, 2017, 09:28:38 AM »
Can someone tell me how you replaced the stock kingping with the krux one? im considering making the switch

Get a hammer and knock the original kingpin out. The rest is straightforward, you may need the krux bushings because the ace stock bushings could be a bit tall. Note that there isn't anything to hold the nut on the underside of the baseplate, so tightening it down a lot may be tricky, and when you do, it could sometimes loosen back up. Also adjusting in general is annoying. Can be solved with loctite though. I think it's worth it though, the Kingpin clearance you get is ridiculous.

JAesop

« Reply #576 on: August 26, 2017, 08:21:23 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

Get a hammer and knock the original kingpin out. The rest is straightforward, you may need the krux bushings because the ace stock bushings could be a bit tall. Note that there isn't anything to hold the nut on the underside of the baseplate, so tightening it down a lot may be tricky, and when you do, it could sometimes loosen back up. Also adjusting in general is annoying. Can be solved with loctite though. I think it's worth it though, the Kingpin clearance you get is ridiculous.

All true. I gave up on the Krux kingpins after a couple of seriously squirrelly incidents. Use the loctite.

j....soy.....

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1567
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #577 on: August 28, 2017, 07:39:51 AM »
My whole shit fell apart once....so this is a good idea....

To tighten your trucks, I found that if you push on your trucks in one direction you get some tension and it kinda works versus taking your whole damn truck off......

bumpnrun

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 44
    • Fairways & Flips avatar image
« Reply #578 on: August 28, 2017, 09:56:18 AM »
jeez... sounds like a lot of work just to get a set of aces serviceable.

Xen

• Trade Count: (+8)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 939
  • U neg cuz UR insecure-glad I got under your skin
« Reply #579 on: August 28, 2017, 10:23:05 AM »

ACE are totally serviceable without Krux pins; it is suggested that you get some better pivot cups out of the gate tho. All stock cups in most trucks are shitty hard ass plastic that will get chewed up, just like stock bushings.

N.L.

« Reply #580 on: August 28, 2017, 10:50:51 AM »

Nah, they're good to rip stock.

I've never had a problem with Ace pivot cups and the stock bushings are great quality also. I change mine out of personable preference but they come ready to go unless you dwell on this thread too often.

bumpnrun

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 44
    • Fairways & Flips avatar image
« Reply #581 on: August 28, 2017, 11:21:45 AM »
Expand Quote

[close]

Nah, they're good to rip stock.

I've never had a problem with Ace pivot cups and the stock bushings are great quality also. I change mine out of personable preference but they come ready to go unless you dwell on this thread too often.

It seems a lot of slap pals are nerds for truck modification LOL I'm just one of those guys that's fine with stock indys.

Dr. Octagon

« Reply #582 on: August 28, 2017, 05:31:41 PM »
all the stock ace shit is fine. if the axles bent less, they'd be the best trucks on the market. Until they can rectify that, I'm on indy's with their aftermarket bushings.

Thomas

• no pop no style
« Reply #583 on: August 29, 2017, 01:36:03 AM »
all the stock ace shit is fine. if the axles bent less, they'd be the best trucks on the market. Until they can rectify that, I'm on indy's with their aftermarket bushings.
They did.

Dr. Octagon

« Reply #584 on: September 01, 2017, 03:39:20 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]
They did.

they didn't. my 44 redesigns bent. bought a second set that came with axles that aren't straight. also those 38 special nuts rattle right off.

saltusnaut

• Rep: 36
« Reply #585 on: September 02, 2017, 01:39:40 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]
They did.
[close]

they didn't. my 44 redesigns bent. bought a second set that came with axles that aren't straight. also those 38 special nuts rattle right off.

Are you saying the axles were bent when you got them? My current set have the 38 nuts and they stay on just as good as normal nuts

Dr. Octagon

« Reply #586 on: September 02, 2017, 09:29:44 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]
They did.
[close]

[close]

Are you saying the axles were bent when you got them? My current set have the 38 nuts and they stay on just as good as normal nuts

Yes. The axles were not straight when I got them. I had nothing but problems with the 38 nuts, they're not interlocking so they rattle off.

Deekay

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 125
« Reply #587 on: September 02, 2017, 03:14:55 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]
They did.
[close]

[close]

[close]

Yes. The axles were not straight when I got them. I had nothing but problems with the 38 nuts, they're not interlocking so they rattle off.

You are aware that they put more metal in the middle to last longer + push the grind out towards the wheels which makes them look bent, right? The actual axle is still straight inside it. I swear that's the worst mistake Ace ever did on purpose, everyone thinks they're bent.

But maybe yours were actually bent?

Dr. Octagon

« Reply #588 on: September 02, 2017, 05:05:01 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]
They did.
[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]

You are aware that they put more metal in the middle to last longer + push the grind out towards the wheels which makes them look bent, right? The actual axle is still straight inside it. I swear that's the worst mistake Ace ever did on purpose, everyone thinks they're bent.

well aware of the extra metal in the center. if you hold one tip of the axle straight, it curves to the other end. they are not straight.

Level 60 Dwarf Paladin

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -83
« Reply #589 on: September 02, 2017, 09:31:50 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]
They did.
[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]

well aware of the extra metal in the center. if you hold one tip of the axle straight, it curves to the other end. they are not straight.
Can you put your wheels on?
you never know about pre-cum 

Dr. Octagon

« Reply #590 on: September 03, 2017, 10:13:35 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]
They did.
[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]
Can you put your wheels on?

yes. and wheels will roll just fine. When new wheels are put on those aces it is most apparent that something is wrong, as they are obviously tilted the wrong direction.

Spicy boi.

• Rep: 8
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #591 on: September 03, 2017, 07:15:56 PM »
I'm done with aces, bent my axles on a pretty small ollie on a bank to flat

gumi

• Rep: 6
« Reply #592 on: September 03, 2017, 11:22:46 PM »
It's funny to me how you guys bend your axles constantly but Ronni raven Dela ect use them just fine

JusticeAbberdash

« Reply #593 on: September 05, 2017, 12:53:05 AM »
My aces make me nervous. I like the ride, but I get paranoid bombing hills and such. My rear axle seems uneven somehow, and they'r'e ready to explode at any moment.

Andmoreagain

• Rep: 51
« Reply #594 on: September 05, 2017, 07:21:40 AM »
best trucks ever and even better when the kingpin gets loooose wooo
ripping surfman ride

thebacker

« Reply #595 on: September 05, 2017, 08:22:52 AM »
I have some 44's (raw) with krux bushings that have been lightly skated that im willing to part ways with. hit me with a pm if youre interested

Gray Imp Sausage Metal

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 75
  • We're just 2 lo(b)s(t)ers sitting behind a screen
« Reply #596 on: September 06, 2017, 06:03:43 PM »
I have some 44's (raw) with krux bushings that have been lightly skated that im willing to part ways with. hit me with a pm if youre interested
see my classifieds post about the eS' seslas and let me know if you're down for a trade

Impish sausage is definitely gonna blow up as a euphemism this year

Thomas

• no pop no style
« Reply #597 on: October 06, 2017, 04:38:00 AM »
How do you guys put those inverted kingpin on Aces ?
Also, I broke my pivot cups, changed them with the Krux but they seem to tight. I also had to cut them because they were too long but that's not really a problem. What pivot cup do you use to replace Aces ?

Xen

• Trade Count: (+8)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 939
  • U neg cuz UR insecure-glad I got under your skin
« Reply #598 on: October 06, 2017, 10:56:48 AM »
How do you guys put those inverted kingpin on Aces ?
Also, I broke my pivot cups, changed them with the Krux but they seem to tight. I also had to cut them because they were too long but that's not really a problem. What pivot cup do you use to replace Aces ?

Bang out ace kingpin
take krux pin and put into ace plate
screw on nut
pull kinpin up getting the bolt up/inside the baseplate
Get some epoxy (Steel stick works great, google it)
smoosh it in there around the metal of the nut and the baseplate (don't squish it into the nut's threaded area)

Krux cups only work in krux, they're so fucking tall and deform so oddly (in krux), they don't really blow out but get this odd crease like the truck only leans left and right (rather than turning)

Just pick up some ACE or Indy aftermarket cups, better yet Khiro (small) softs (they're a bit thicker than most) but seem to last a bit longer as they are not hard cheap plastic.
« Last Edit: October 06, 2017, 01:57:13 PM by Xen »

Roisto

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 474
« Reply #599 on: October 06, 2017, 12:19:02 PM »
I've bought some extra Ace pivot cups a while back when I ordered something somewhere. No idea what others work, but Ace ones at least are available somewhere. Ace stuff in general seems a bit hard to come by, especially in Europe.