Author Topic: Ace trucks  (Read 115353 times)

Dr. Octagon

Re: Ace trucks
« Reply #600 on: September 02, 2017, 09:29:44 AM »
all the stock ace shit is fine. if the axles bent less, they'd be the best trucks on the market. Until they can rectify that, I'm on indy's with their aftermarket bushings.
They did.

they didn't. my 44 redesigns bent. bought a second set that came with axles that aren't straight. also those 38 special nuts rattle right off.

Are you saying the axles were bent when you got them? My current set have the 38 nuts and they stay on just as good as normal nuts

Yes. The axles were not straight when I got them. I had nothing but problems with the 38 nuts, they're not interlocking so they rattle off.

Deekay

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 80
« Reply #601 on: September 02, 2017, 03:14:55 PM »
all the stock ace shit is fine. if the axles bent less, they'd be the best trucks on the market. Until they can rectify that, I'm on indy's with their aftermarket bushings.
They did.

they didn't. my 44 redesigns bent. bought a second set that came with axles that aren't straight. also those 38 special nuts rattle right off.

Are you saying the axles were bent when you got them? My current set have the 38 nuts and they stay on just as good as normal nuts

Yes. The axles were not straight when I got them. I had nothing but problems with the 38 nuts, they're not interlocking so they rattle off.

You are aware that they put more metal in the middle to last longer + push the grind out towards the wheels which makes them look bent, right? The actual axle is still straight inside it. I swear that's the worst mistake Ace ever did on purpose, everyone thinks they're bent.

But maybe yours were actually bent?

Dr. Octagon

« Reply #602 on: September 02, 2017, 05:05:01 PM »
They did.

You are aware that they put more metal in the middle to last longer + push the grind out towards the wheels which makes them look bent, right? The actual axle is still straight inside it. I swear that's the worst mistake Ace ever did on purpose, everyone thinks they're bent.

well aware of the extra metal in the center. if you hold one tip of the axle straight, it curves to the other end. they are not straight.

Level 60 Dwarf Paladin

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -85
« Reply #603 on: September 02, 2017, 09:31:50 PM »
They did.

well aware of the extra metal in the center. if you hold one tip of the axle straight, it curves to the other end. they are not straight.
Can you put your wheels on?
you never know about pre-cum 

Dr. Octagon

« Reply #604 on: September 03, 2017, 10:13:35 AM »
They did.

Can you put your wheels on?

yes. and wheels will roll just fine. When new wheels are put on those aces it is most apparent that something is wrong, as they are obviously tilted the wrong direction.

Spicy boi.

• Rep: -4
« Reply #605 on: September 03, 2017, 07:15:56 PM »
I'm done with aces, bent my axles on a pretty small ollie on a bank to flat

gumi

• Rep: 7
« Reply #606 on: September 03, 2017, 11:22:46 PM »
It's funny to me how you guys bend your axles constantly but Ronni raven Dela ect use them just fine

JusticeAbberdash

« Reply #607 on: September 05, 2017, 12:53:05 AM »
My aces make me nervous. I like the ride, but I get paranoid bombing hills and such. My rear axle seems uneven somehow, and they'r'e ready to explode at any moment.

Andmoreagain

• Rep: 19
« Reply #608 on: September 05, 2017, 07:21:40 AM »
best trucks ever and even better when the kingpin gets loooose wooo
ripping surfman ride

DaveFuck

• Rep: 35
« Reply #609 on: September 05, 2017, 08:22:52 AM »
I have some 44's (raw) with krux bushings that have been lightly skated that im willing to part ways with. hit me with a pm if youre interested

Gay Imp Sausage Metal

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -382
  • We're just 2 lo(b)s(t)ers sitting behind a screen
« Reply #610 on: September 06, 2017, 06:03:43 PM »
I have some 44's (raw) with krux bushings that have been lightly skated that im willing to part ways with. hit me with a pm if youre interested
see my classifieds post about the eS' seslas and let me know if you're down for a trade

"This is untrue, my client has not been attacked in every country" #yearoftheeagle

Thomas

• Rep: -1
  • no pop no style
« Reply #611 on: October 06, 2017, 04:38:00 AM »
How do you guys put those inverted kingpin on Aces ?
Also, I broke my pivot cups, changed them with the Krux but they seem to tight. I also had to cut them because they were too long but that's not really a problem. What pivot cup do you use to replace Aces ?
Possibilities are everywhere, search and enjoy.

Xen

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #612 on: October 06, 2017, 10:56:48 AM »
How do you guys put those inverted kingpin on Aces ?
Also, I broke my pivot cups, changed them with the Krux but they seem to tight. I also had to cut them because they were too long but that's not really a problem. What pivot cup do you use to replace Aces ?

Bang out ace kingpin
take krux pin and put into ace plate
screw on nut
pull kinpin up getting the bolt up/inside the baseplate
Get some epoxy (Steel stick works great, google it)
smoosh it in there around the metal of the nut and the baseplate (don't squish it into the nut's threaded area)

Krux cups only work in krux, they're so fucking tall and deform so oddly (in krux), they don't really blow out but get this odd crease like the truck only leans left and right (rather than turning)

Just pick up some ACE or Indy aftermarket cups, better yet Khiro (small) softs (they're a bit thicker than most) but seem to last a bit longer as they are not hard cheap plastic.
« Last Edit: October 06, 2017, 01:57:13 PM by Xen »

Roisto

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 47
« Reply #613 on: October 06, 2017, 12:19:02 PM »
I've bought some extra Ace pivot cups a while back when I ordered something somewhere. No idea what others work, but Ace ones at least are available somewhere. Ace stuff in general seems a bit hard to come by, especially in Europe.

Gary Ate My Peanuts

• Rep: -53
« Reply #614 on: October 06, 2017, 01:26:48 PM »
I just went through a pair of 44's, broke the hanger because they were thin.

I like how they turn the best as opposed to indy and thunder, with thunder being a close second. Maybe I'm just fucked in the head but when I turn on a pair of indys I feel like because the pivot point is wider the turning is damper which is not the case with thunder or ace.

Plus the thin hanger is fuckin dope for mallgrabbing.
tysm

j....soy.....

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 666
« Reply #615 on: October 08, 2017, 07:29:36 AM »
It's funny to me how you guys bend your axles constantly but Ronni raven Dela ect use them just fine

How do you know they don't have problems?

pointandclick

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 55
« Reply #616 on: October 08, 2017, 09:53:41 AM »

How do you know they don't have problems?
adding onto j.soy

how do you know they don't switch trucks frequently because they are sponsored?

Mongoloid

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 288
  • Oozing Machismo
« Reply #617 on: October 08, 2017, 10:13:52 AM »
FWIW I've jumped down straight drops from about 6' up at 170lbs and I haven't bent an axle or cracked a baseplate yet. Hell, I haven't even so much as loosened the kingpin hole either.

I wouldn't even try to aquire an elephant that would be mad selfish I don't have the means to give him a comfortable life

jamersonbass

• Rep: 11
« Reply #618 on: October 10, 2017, 10:54:47 AM »
I was looking for aftermarket bushings, and it looks like Socal is stocking the mag baseplates right now. I'm not really a weight weenie, but for those that have gone stock to mag plates, is it super noticeable weight-wise?

tzhangdox

• Rep: 18
« Reply #619 on: October 10, 2017, 11:10:50 AM »
I was looking for aftermarket bushings, and it looks like Socal is stocking the mag baseplates right now. I'm not really a weight weenie, but for those that have gone stock to mag plates, is it super noticeable weight-wise?

I don't know about how much it would actually affect your skating, but when you hold it in your hand the difference is pretty obvious.

Xen

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #620 on: October 10, 2017, 11:42:26 AM »

It's significant. More so than going from cast to forged.

EDIT: Unless the HI plates have sold old, they're only selling the Lo Plates (which you cannot interchange with HI hangers, sadly and they don't make the 44s in lo).
« Last Edit: October 10, 2017, 11:46:41 AM by Xen »

jamersonbass

« Reply #621 on: October 10, 2017, 01:57:03 PM »

EDIT: Unless the HI plates have sold old, they're only selling the Lo Plates (which you cannot interchange with HI hangers, sadly and they don't make the 44s in lo).

Good looking out, guys.  I missed the low distinction.

Xen

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #622 on: October 10, 2017, 07:44:22 PM »

Good looking out, guys.  I missed the low distinction.

I was on that site in a heartbeat ready to buy the lot.

jamersonbass

« Reply #623 on: October 10, 2017, 07:55:29 PM »

I was on that site in a heartbeat ready to buy the lot.
[/quote]

Didn't mean to get anyone's hopes up.  My bad on my lack of attention to detail.

N.L.

« Reply #624 on: October 10, 2017, 08:04:16 PM »
I nearly ordered the Mag base plates also but decided against that second donut instead.

bbk

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 91
  • Dopeness
« Reply #625 on: October 11, 2017, 08:27:56 AM »
Anyone skate 44's on 8.0 boards? I want to try ace's again,  havn't had it since I got 03's their first year, which I bent in the first few days, so I want the beefier hanger.

Xen

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #626 on: October 11, 2017, 09:26:47 AM »
Anyone skate 44's on 8.0 boards? I want to try ace's again,  havn't had it since I got 03's their first year, which I bent in the first few days, so I want the beefier hanger.

Narrowest I went with 44s was on an 8.125, wasn't bad but I didn't stick with it.

Why not just get 33s? Even without the beefier hanger they were (are?) less prone to bending.

seb

• Rep: 40
« Reply #627 on: November 12, 2017, 10:25:41 AM »
I know it‘s been discussed here but can‘t remember if it‘s been solved. Anyway I figured out why some Aces make that anoying squeaking sound and how to fix it! I love how aces turn and feel, but this almost made me ditch them again.
But i finally realized the problem is the pivot cup moving in its socket. So I took them out, put some shoegoo in (the holes where the cups go), put the pivot cups back in and voilá - no more squeaking!
Such a relief after messing with my bushings and pivot cups forever to get rid of it.
Hope it helps if you have the same problem.

ChuckRamone

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 70
« Reply #628 on: November 12, 2017, 11:21:15 AM »
I know it‘s been discussed here but can‘t remember if it‘s been solved. Anyway I figured out why some Aces make that anoying squeaking sound and how to fix it! I love how aces turn and feel, but this almost made me ditch them again.
But i finally realized the problem is the pivot cup moving in its socket. So I took them out, put some shoegoo in (the holes where the cups go), put the pivot cups back in and voilá - no more squeaking!
Such a relief after messing with my bushings and pivot cups forever to get rid of it.
Hope it helps if you have the same problem.

but what about when you have to replace your pivot cups? won't there be stuff stuck in the pivot hole?

seb

• Rep: 40
« Reply #629 on: November 12, 2017, 01:37:25 PM »

but what about when you have to replace your pivot cups? won't there be stuff stuck in the pivot hole?

I guess you can still do that. The first session after putting it in there most of it got pushed out again, so there shouldn't be much shoegoo left between the cup and baseplate. And there was just a minimal amount in there to begin with.
I'm about a month in and still no sqeaking by now. Just beyond stoked it worked so far and if it comes back I'll put some more in.