Author Topic: Ace trucks  (Read 738796 times)

Garth Marenghi

Re: Ace trucks
« Reply #630 on: November 22, 2017, 06:39:45 AM »
Expand Quote
Do the axles still slip?
[close]

I mostly do flip tricks, and I’ve never had the axles slip on my Aces fwiw.

Mine were caught slippin' after a month of use. Not the Indy throwback I had in mind.

Mongoloid

« Reply #631 on: November 22, 2017, 07:45:57 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Do the axles still slip?
[close]

[close]

Mine were caught slippin' after a month of use. Not the Indy throwback I had in mind.

I’m not gonna tell you how to spend your money, or to try out another pair, but I’ve skated 2 sets of 03’s, a set of 44’s and a set of 55’s with no issue. Mine were all purchased within the last year. We’re you riding an older set?

Xen

• Trade Count: (+8)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 937
  • U neg cuz UR insecure-glad I got under your skin
« Reply #632 on: November 22, 2017, 07:57:19 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Do the axles still slip?
[close]

[close]

[close]

I’m not gonna tell you how to spend your money, or to try out another pair, but I’ve skated 2 sets of 03’s, a set of 44’s and a set of 55’s with no issue. Mine were all purchased within the last year. We’re you riding an older set?

Over the years I've ridden 03s 33s 44s 55s 66s all with no slippage and only one set of [old] 44s bent, sent them in and asked for the set of '03s and they obliged.

j....soy.....

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1566
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #633 on: November 22, 2017, 08:52:26 AM »
I found that it wasn't flipping my board that caused axel slippage....it was not landing it.....

Garth Marenghi

« Reply #634 on: November 22, 2017, 11:19:04 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Do the axles still slip?
[close]

[close]

[close]

Been at least three years so yes, definitely an older set. No one seems to sell them around here anymore, though.

Kitto Horsley

« Reply #635 on: November 23, 2017, 02:39:46 AM »
Thanks for the help guys. Just going to keep everything stock

vegan*shawn

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -416
  • listen to Jawbreaker
« Reply #636 on: November 25, 2017, 11:54:06 AM »
On my current set up I have a bones soft top and stock ace on my front truck and old worn in indy brushings in the back truck. Works for me even though it looks strange :)

planman

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 371
  • Morpheus drinking a 40 in a death basket
« Reply #637 on: November 25, 2017, 12:32:00 PM »
Are Ace stock bushings anything similar to the stock Krux ones? I'm a huge fan of the latter

I saw your mom do a ollie to cooch drop straight down the big black pole, it was gnarly. she defiantly shut that shit down

Xen

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #638 on: November 25, 2017, 03:06:49 PM »
Are Ace stock bushings anything similar to the stock Krux ones? I'm a huge fan of the latter

Same bottom barrel height, ACE tops are much taller than krux (and pretty much everything else); Krux are softer (and same duro top and bottom), ACE used to be different duros, not sure about now.

planman

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #639 on: November 25, 2017, 04:15:42 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

Same bottom barrel height, ACE tops are much taller than krux (and pretty much everything else); Krux are softer (and same duro top and bottom), ACE used to be different duros, not sure about now.
Ohh okay, I like the sound of that. I know Krux and Indy stock bushings supposedly have the same duro but Krux are definitely harder. I'm most likely gonna pick up a new complete w/ Aces so I can't wait to see how they feel

I saw your mom do a ollie to cooch drop straight down the big black pole, it was gnarly. she defiantly shut that shit down

DM

• Rep: 25
« Reply #640 on: November 25, 2017, 08:01:16 PM »
Thanks for the help guys. Just going to keep everything stock
I'm UK and pretty certain I got my krux from Amazon matey : EDIT Just seen postage, I didnt pay that much :(  https://www.amazon.co.uk/Skateboard-Accessories-Krux-Cushions-Bushings/dp/B01BWN3OCE/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1511668659&sr=8-1&keywords=krux+bushings
« Last Edit: November 25, 2017, 08:06:38 PM by DM »

full of jerks

• Rep: -33
« Reply #642 on: November 26, 2017, 04:44:47 PM »
I'm using the stock bottom bushing and a bones bottom bushing with the flat washer on top (roadside).  Fits/Works good.

Nallid

• Rep: -14
« Reply #643 on: November 26, 2017, 06:47:08 PM »
If you loosen your sit a half a turn from stock you won't need to fuck with the bushings.

Bizarro Jerry

• Rep: 34
« Reply #644 on: November 29, 2017, 03:38:27 PM »
Been thinking about trying out aces for a while now. I'm currently having my semi annual truck/board size crisis and have been thinking about stepping back down to a 8 from an 8.25. I usually rock the indy aftermarket super soft bushings in any truck I ride. Anyone ever put them in aces? Also, anyone currently riding the 33s? I feel like i mostly see the 44s and up on here.

tzhangdox

• Trade Count: (+7)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 517
« Reply #645 on: November 29, 2017, 03:56:17 PM »
Been thinking about trying out aces for a while now. I'm currently having my semi annual truck/board size crisis and have been thinking about stepping back down to a 8 from an 8.25. I usually rock the indy aftermarket super soft bushings in any truck I ride. Anyone ever put them in aces? Also, anyone currently riding the 33s? I feel like i mostly see the 44s and up on here.

A few people I know skate the 33s on 7.75 or 8 inch boards but they're not gear nerds so don't have much of an opinion. 44s would work much better for 8.25 anyway. If you like the super soft bushings you might wanna get krux bushings.

Bizarro Jerry

• Rep: 34
« Reply #646 on: November 29, 2017, 04:13:19 PM »
Are the separate krux bushings different from the ones that come stock with their trucks? I tried running krux this time last year and couldn't get those things to break in for the life of me, way too hard.

tzhangdox

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #647 on: November 29, 2017, 08:18:14 PM »
Are the separate krux bushings different from the ones that come stock with their trucks? I tried running krux this time last year and couldn't get those things to break in for the life of me, way too hard.

I think the krux bushings most people put in aces are these:
https://www.tactics.com/krux/worlds-best-cushions/white-medium
I can't say for sure with krux but aftermarket bushings are generally of higher quality than stock given my experience with indy and thunder ones. And these krux ones are definitely softer than the stock ace bushings, by a lot.

Lee Ralph Fan Club

« Reply #648 on: November 29, 2017, 09:25:45 PM »
I think they're the same that come stock in Krux. However, they behave very differently in Aces. Don't judge them on how they perform in Krux trucks as silly as that sounds... If you like it loose to just before the point of rattle, Krux in Aces is a winning combo.

planman

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #649 on: November 30, 2017, 05:00:53 PM »
Rode Aces for the first time today and they're amazing. For such a loose surfy truck, they're so stable. I think I'll be able to get away with loosening them a bit more than I would with Indys

Xen

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #650 on: November 30, 2017, 07:09:53 PM »
Rode Aces for the first time today and they're amazing. For such a loose surfy truck, they're so stable. I think I'll be able to get away with loosening them a bit more than I would with Indys

You can for sure, that's the beauty of trucks being able to turn, you don't need them wobbly loose.

tzhangdox

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #651 on: November 30, 2017, 09:47:29 PM »

On the other hand, no matter how much you tighten aces, they will still turn. Really underrated truck.

j....soy.....

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1566
« Reply #652 on: December 03, 2017, 05:10:19 PM »
Replacement hangers?

Diocletian

« Reply #653 on: December 04, 2017, 06:14:59 AM »
Has anyone skated the low Ace 03’s? How do they turn/grind compared to the hi’s? Looks like the kingpin is longer.

sweet pee

• Rep: 124
« Reply #654 on: December 04, 2017, 08:18:10 AM »
I had the Ace 03 Lows and didn't care for them. The kingpin is pretty tall and doesn't have much clearance. The lowered height doesn't seem to jive with the geometry and turning radius of the truck. I experienced a fair amount of wheelbite using both Bones Mediums and the Ace stock bushings.

I would say go with the standard height 33's

givecigstosurfgroms

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -958
  • User posts join approval queueModerated
« Reply #655 on: December 04, 2017, 05:02:20 PM »
they don't have the 66 (9 1/2) on the site anymore.  I facebooked them about it and am awaiting their reply.
"I just care about the river, I dont care about your back"

full of jerks

• Rep: -33
« Reply #656 on: December 04, 2017, 10:02:22 PM »
they don't have the 66 (9 1/2) on the site anymore.  I facebooked them about it and am awaiting their reply.

Skate Warehouse has them.

Decreed Bratton

• Rep: 19
  • it's possible a man slipped in there.
« Reply #657 on: December 05, 2017, 10:59:16 AM »
Just an update for anyone that cares: Ace has now eliminated the curved hanger and they are straight just like every truck out there. The 3/8” axle nuts are no longer included on the trucks, either. They’re back to regular nylock axle nuts.

I've heard about this too.  They have changed manufacturers all together and are using a different metal.  It looks stronger, but I've just seen them and have yet to test it out.  The hangers are straighter and yeah they got rid of the 3/8 gimmick nuts that would slip off.  I heard they have also improved the stock bushings as well.  Can't wait to try it out.
« Last Edit: December 05, 2017, 11:01:22 AM by Decreed Bratton »

Thrash-trash

• Rep: 4
« Reply #658 on: December 05, 2017, 01:43:02 PM »
Just make some Grind King style kingpins and call it a day...

givecigstosurfgroms

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -958
  • User posts join approval queueModerated
« Reply #659 on: December 05, 2017, 08:06:48 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

Skate Warehouse has them.
thanks for that,  I heard the new ones are stronger and am scared the skate warehouse ones are the old ones.  If ace don't have new ones I might oreder the skate warehouse ones
"I just care about the river, I dont care about your back"