Author Topic: Ace trucks  (Read 738926 times)

JusticeAbberdash

Re: Ace trucks
« Reply #720 on: January 07, 2018, 04:22:39 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
So I should leave the bottom bushing stock and only use the Krux bushing on top?  I was planning on using the Krux bushings for all four bushings.
[close]

Yes stock bottom, krux top. The Krux bottoms are shorter than the stock aces and will feel all fucked up when you skate it. Using the stock bottom bushing will keep the trucks geometry the same.
[close]

I know we geek out on this shit but most of the time you see the ACE pilots they're either running stock of bones!
[close]

I never had any trouble with the stock ACE bushings!
[close]

I find them much to hard.

If anything I'd think too soft! How much do you weigh? Im 175

Xen

• Trade Count: (+8)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 938
  • U neg cuz UR insecure-glad I got under your skin
« Reply #721 on: January 07, 2018, 06:59:42 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
So I should leave the bottom bushing stock and only use the Krux bushing on top?  I was planning on using the Krux bushings for all four bushings.
[close]

Yes stock bottom, krux top. The Krux bottoms are shorter than the stock aces and will feel all fucked up when you skate it. Using the stock bottom bushing will keep the trucks geometry the same.
[close]

I know we geek out on this shit but most of the time you see the ACE pilots they're either running stock of bones!
[close]

[close]

[close]

I hover about around 180 but I like my trucks looseygoosey.

JusticeAbberdash

« Reply #722 on: January 07, 2018, 07:14:56 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]

I hover about around 180 but I like my trucks looseygoosey.

Ahh that's probably it, I'm a medium-tight guy.

Lee Ralph Fan Club

« Reply #723 on: January 08, 2018, 09:19:31 AM »
Its probably b/c the new stock bushings are also a lot softer.

SJ

« Reply #724 on: January 12, 2018, 12:46:28 AM »
Can confirm that the new ACE's come with softer bushings, they feel really nice I'm probably going to stick with these.

Thrash-trash

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: 4
« Reply #725 on: January 12, 2018, 07:31:42 AM »
Not that I shop at CCS, I usually look for shoe sales, but  for shits and giggles, I looked up the Aces they have listed. Looks like there is a new dimple next to the number stamps on the hangers close to the axle. Are these the "New" ones?

Diocletian

« Reply #726 on: January 13, 2018, 03:12:33 PM »
The dimple is most likely just a random tiny cosmetic dent that all trucks have on them somewhere. You can tell the new ones by just looking at the V stemming from the pivot. Is has a different look to it now, almost looks like a theeve.

Side note: I have a set of old design slim Ace 44’s brand new if anyone wants them. $35 shipped USA only.

SJ

« Reply #727 on: January 14, 2018, 11:19:44 AM »
You can tell the new ones by just looking at the V stemming from the pivot. Is has a different look to it now, almost looks like a theeve.

Yeah I thought I noticed something different about the V, it's definitely feels thicker to the touch compared to the old ones.

Xen

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #728 on: January 24, 2018, 04:43:11 PM »
On a whim I picked up some 90A Thunder bushings (the clear gold ones) to throw in my 44s (coupled with riptide cups) and I'm blown away how good they feel, especially not being fan of thunder bushings IN thunder trucks as they always feel too tight stock and I can't loosen them enough without the nut falling off.

The thunder bottom bushing is the same height as stock ACE bottoms which is pretty tall to begin with. Top is much shorter so with the krux pin = lots of clearance.

Prior, I was using bones meds/riptides and it just felt off somehow, like they would tip into the turn vs flow into it, but they were more responsive this way than using the Mini logo bushings; and I doubt the 1-2 mm height difference in bottom bushings would affect geo that much, let alone the 2 duro difference betwixt the bones (91) and thunders (90).

Felt broken in from the start given how turny the truck are, super smooth and not squirrley or tippy feeling. Worth a shot if you have them kicking around.

baravettski

• Rep: 41
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #729 on: January 29, 2018, 04:03:21 PM »
I got some ace 44s and have shaved down stock Thunder top bushings (blue ones) and the bottoms and pivots are stock Ace. I had them on a hood cruiser with some keyframes but then put em on a normal setup and I've been digging it. They are pretty damn loose though so I've been tightening em about 1/8th of a turn a time then skating for a while to see how I like it. Digging em so far...

Diocletian

« Reply #730 on: January 29, 2018, 08:25:39 PM »
I still really want mag plates even though I’ll probably break them. If anyone has a set or knows any place that I can order them from please let me know.

Roisto

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 474
« Reply #731 on: January 30, 2018, 04:06:04 AM »
I still really want mag plates even though I’ll probably break them. If anyone has a set or knows any place that I can order them from please let me know.

http://www.skateprylar.se/produkt/ace-trucks-magnesium-baseplates/

It’s a Swedish shop though, so if you’re outside of Sweden, there might be some difficulties.

cosmicgypsies

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 626
« Reply #732 on: January 30, 2018, 07:15:32 AM »
How are ace's out of the box, specifically the 44's? I've had my thunders for three years now and whilst I really like them and the groove i've worn into them at this point they're just a headache; snapped a kingpin, replaced it but it's never really sat right in the hole causing the back truck to occasionally freak the fuck out and wobble, mounting holes are fairly worn out too. bought one of the rebuild kits in the hope it'd sort it out but the back ends still dodgy so I just want some trucks I can slap on and not have to worry about.

https://www.nativeskatestore.co.uk/skateboards-c7/skateboard-trucks-c18/ace-44s-raw-skateboard-truck-5-75-p6473

ungzilla

« Reply #733 on: January 30, 2018, 08:20:07 AM »
it sounds like what you actually want is trucks that somehow last forever

cosmicgypsies

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 626
« Reply #734 on: January 30, 2018, 08:34:34 AM »
hahaha naw it's just in the years i've had thunders while they're good when they're good i've always just had issues with bushings and it's lame having to constantly having to adjust your shit.

Xen

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #735 on: January 30, 2018, 09:36:06 AM »
How are ace's out of the box, specifically the 44's? I've had my thunders for three years now and whilst I really like them and the groove i've worn into them at this point they're just a headache; snapped a kingpin, replaced it but it's never really sat right in the hole causing the back truck to occasionally freak the fuck out and wobble, mounting holes are fairly worn out too. bought one of the rebuild kits in the hope it'd sort it out but the back ends still dodgy so I just want some trucks I can slap on and not have to worry about.

https://www.nativeskatestore.co.uk/skateboards-c7/skateboard-trucks-c18/ace-44s-raw-skateboard-truck-5-75-p6473

They're awesome but night and day compared to Thunders, while they are more responsive they actually turn instead sharply lean.

Diocletian

« Reply #736 on: January 30, 2018, 09:44:14 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

It’s a Swedish shop though, so if you’re outside of Sweden, there might be some difficulties.

Damn! Yeah man I’m in the USA and don’t even know how to add them to the cart lol. You speak swedish? Lol.

Roisto

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #737 on: January 30, 2018, 10:13:02 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

Damn! Yeah man I’m in the USA and don’t even know how to add them to the cart lol. You speak swedish? Lol.

Not really. I'm from Finland and I do know some Swedish as it's mandatory to learn in school here but I absolutely suck at it. I ordered a pair from there about a year ago. I sent the dude an email and worked it all out with him in English. Dude was very helpful. Here's the contact page:
http://www.skateprylar.se/kundservice/

Not Local

« Reply #738 on: January 31, 2018, 03:18:59 PM »
Ace heading to Ermico?

micky682

« Reply #739 on: January 31, 2018, 05:50:13 PM »
Ace heading to Ermico?
if they do then they’d be better trucks then Indys.

Xen

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #740 on: February 01, 2018, 09:19:37 AM »
The new [correct] size chart?

JusticeAbberdash

« Reply #741 on: February 01, 2018, 11:52:27 AM »
44's are such a perfect, but awkward width.

Not Local

« Reply #742 on: February 01, 2018, 12:14:01 PM »
44s 8 3/8" which is 8.375 which should get rounded up to 8.38 not 8.35 (doesn't matter a  shit but c'mon, basic maths)

And I believe 55s are still 8 7/8"

JusticeAbberdash

« Reply #743 on: February 01, 2018, 12:27:12 PM »
44s 8 3/8" which is 8.375 which should get rounded up to 8.38 not 8.35 (doesn't matter a  shit but c'mon, basic maths)

I didn't even think of that. Me and Ace are regular.

Diocletian

« Reply #744 on: February 01, 2018, 01:35:53 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

[close]

Not really. I'm from Finland and I do know some Swedish as it's mandatory to learn in school here but I absolutely suck at it. I ordered a pair from there about a year ago. I sent the dude an email and worked it all out with him in English. Dude was very helpful. Here's the contact page:

I contacted him and he’s a super nice guy, great customer service. However, after shipping it’s $50 in USD here which is the price of a brand new pair of trucks. Not worth it for baseplates I’ll most likely break.

Enrico Pallazzo

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • Rep: 200
« Reply #745 on: February 01, 2018, 01:50:59 PM »
Just got some of the newer 44's, the texture on these is bad boys is wild.

Roisto

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #746 on: February 01, 2018, 03:05:19 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]

I contacted him and he’s a super nice guy, great customer service. However, after shipping it’s $50 in USD here which is the price of a brand new pair of trucks. Not worth it for baseplates I’ll most likely break.

That’s a bummer. I can’t remember what I ended up paying for mine but I justified it with my broken leg and inability to skate back then and that I needed all the help I can get when coming back from the injury. I don’t even know if I notice any difference to normal plates but it doesn’t really matter. I like my setup and in the end that’s all that counts. 😊

Xen

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #747 on: February 01, 2018, 04:52:09 PM »

TheVisitor

• Rep: -13
« Reply #748 on: February 07, 2018, 06:10:44 PM »
Anyone else notice Daan Van Der Linden skating Ace's in his new Nike SB part? Wasn't he on Indy before?

tzhangdox

• Trade Count: (+7)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 518
« Reply #749 on: February 07, 2018, 06:47:24 PM »
Anyone else notice Daan Van Der Linden skating Ace's in his new Nike SB part? Wasn't he on Indy before?

Might be someone elses board? I also noticed AA skating some aces in hockey ii but pretty sure hes also on indy.