Author Topic: Ace trucks  (Read 115670 times)

cosmicgypsies

• Rep: 115
Re: Ace trucks
« Reply #750 on: January 30, 2018, 08:34:34 AM »
hahaha naw it's just in the years i've had thunders while they're good when they're good i've always just had issues with bushings and it's lame having to constantly having to adjust your shit.

Xen

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 7
« Reply #751 on: January 30, 2018, 09:36:06 AM »
How are ace's out of the box, specifically the 44's? I've had my thunders for three years now and whilst I really like them and the groove i've worn into them at this point they're just a headache; snapped a kingpin, replaced it but it's never really sat right in the hole causing the back truck to occasionally freak the fuck out and wobble, mounting holes are fairly worn out too. bought one of the rebuild kits in the hope it'd sort it out but the back ends still dodgy so I just want some trucks I can slap on and not have to worry about.

https://www.nativeskatestore.co.uk/skateboards-c7/skateboard-trucks-c18/ace-44s-raw-skateboard-truck-5-75-p6473

They're awesome but night and day compared to Thunders, while they are more responsive they actually turn instead sharply lean.

Diocletian

• Rep: 4
« Reply #752 on: January 30, 2018, 09:44:14 AM »
I still really want mag plates even though Iíll probably break them. If anyone has a set or knows any place that I can order them from please let me know.

http://www.skateprylar.se/produkt/ace-trucks-magnesium-baseplates/

Itís a Swedish shop though, so if youíre outside of Sweden, there might be some difficulties.

Damn! Yeah man Iím in the USA and donít even know how to add them to the cart lol. You speak swedish? Lol.

Roisto

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 41
« Reply #753 on: January 30, 2018, 10:13:02 AM »
I still really want mag plates even though Iíll probably break them. If anyone has a set or knows any place that I can order them from please let me know.

Itís a Swedish shop though, so if youíre outside of Sweden, there might be some difficulties.

Damn! Yeah man Iím in the USA and donít even know how to add them to the cart lol. You speak swedish? Lol.

Not really. I'm from Finland and I do know some Swedish as it's mandatory to learn in school here but I absolutely suck at it. I ordered a pair from there about a year ago. I sent the dude an email and worked it all out with him in English. Dude was very helpful. Here's the contact page:
http://www.skateprylar.se/kundservice/

Not Local

• Rep: 10
« Reply #754 on: January 31, 2018, 03:18:59 PM »
Ace heading to Ermico?

micky682

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -29
« Reply #755 on: January 31, 2018, 05:50:13 PM »
Ace heading to Ermico?
if they do then theyíd be better trucks then Indys.
Keenan had that special ability to make his switch tricks better than his regular tricks but still let you know they were switch.

Xen

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #756 on: February 01, 2018, 09:19:37 AM »
The new [correct] size chart?

JusticeAbberdash

« Reply #757 on: February 01, 2018, 11:52:27 AM »
44's are such a perfect, but awkward width.

Not Local

« Reply #758 on: February 01, 2018, 12:14:01 PM »
44s 8 3/8" which is 8.375 which should get rounded up to 8.38 not 8.35 (doesn't matter a  shit but c'mon, basic maths)

And I believe 55s are still 8 7/8"

JusticeAbberdash

« Reply #759 on: February 01, 2018, 12:27:12 PM »
44s 8 3/8" which is 8.375 which should get rounded up to 8.38 not 8.35 (doesn't matter a  shit but c'mon, basic maths)

I didn't even think of that. Me and Ace are retarded.

Diocletian

« Reply #760 on: February 01, 2018, 01:35:53 PM »

Not really. I'm from Finland and I do know some Swedish as it's mandatory to learn in school here but I absolutely suck at it. I ordered a pair from there about a year ago. I sent the dude an email and worked it all out with him in English. Dude was very helpful. Here's the contact page:

I contacted him and heís a super nice guy, great customer service. However, after shipping itís $50 in USD here which is the price of a brand new pair of trucks. Not worth it for baseplates Iíll most likely break.

Lt. Frank Drebin

• Rep: 27
« Reply #761 on: February 01, 2018, 01:50:59 PM »
Just got some of the newer 44's, the texture on these is bad boys is wild.

Roisto

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 41
« Reply #762 on: February 01, 2018, 03:05:19 PM »

I contacted him and heís a super nice guy, great customer service. However, after shipping itís $50 in USD here which is the price of a brand new pair of trucks. Not worth it for baseplates Iíll most likely break.

Thatís a bummer. I canít remember what I ended up paying for mine but I justified it with my broken leg and inability to skate back then and that I needed all the help I can get when coming back from the injury. I donít even know if I notice any difference to normal plates but it doesnít really matter. I like my setup and in the end thatís all that counts. 😊

Xen

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #763 on: February 01, 2018, 04:52:09 PM »

TheVisitor

• Rep: -12
« Reply #764 on: February 07, 2018, 06:10:44 PM »
Anyone else notice Daan Van Der Linden skating Ace's in his new Nike SB part? Wasn't he on Indy before?

tzhangdox

• Rep: 18
« Reply #765 on: February 07, 2018, 06:47:24 PM »
Anyone else notice Daan Van Der Linden skating Ace's in his new Nike SB part? Wasn't he on Indy before?

Might be someone elses board? I also noticed AA skating some aces in hockey ii but pretty sure hes also on indy.

Paco Supreme

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 168
  • One Trick Pony
« Reply #766 on: February 07, 2018, 07:15:45 PM »

Might be someone elses board? I also noticed AA skating some aces in hockey ii but pretty sure hes also on indy.

I think Allen has been running ACE for a while, i didnt know delatorre was on the team though

256 Ply

« Reply #767 on: February 07, 2018, 08:08:38 PM »
Not sure if this has already been mentioned, but Ace has officially cut ties with Diamond Supply Co.
They are on their own, doing their own distribution.

DM

« Reply #768 on: February 07, 2018, 09:59:54 PM »

Diocletian

« Reply #769 on: February 08, 2018, 01:01:27 AM »
Daan has been skating Aceís consistently in recent months and hasnít gone back to Indy. AA was on them but looks like he went back to Indy. Those purple coping eaters are cool for putting on a shelf but I donít know how people skate those things. 

TheVisitor

• Rep: -12
« Reply #770 on: February 27, 2018, 10:22:30 PM »
I've been lurking this thread for a while now and based on what I've seen and read, it seems like Ace finally got their quality control in fucking order. Gonna get some 44's to try out on my 8.5 board. Glad I don't have to fuck with Khiro pivot cups/Krux bushings(right?).

pointandclick

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 55
« Reply #771 on: February 27, 2018, 10:50:28 PM »

Xen

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #772 on: February 28, 2018, 10:17:25 AM »
Have you seen this mad new colourway? https://www.oldskullskateboards.com/ace-trucks-44-classic-purple-coping-eater-trucks-set-of-2/

those look like a rejected krux colorway.

Impossible, all Krux are rejected colorways...I mean who the fuck thinks hot dog trucks would sell?
« Last Edit: February 28, 2018, 07:26:37 PM by Xen »

Diocletian

« Reply #773 on: February 28, 2018, 12:29:22 PM »
Haha, yeah skating colored trucks would make me feel like I was a toddler. Skating those...yeesh. Although I will say Ace is the only company making a copper colorway truck. I kinda dig it.

planman

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -483
  • Morpheus drinking a 40 in a death basket
« Reply #774 on: February 28, 2018, 03:04:58 PM »
I had gray krux once and they looked pretty rad

I saw your mom do a ollie to cooch drop straight down the big black pole, it was gnarly. she defiantly shut that shit down.

Xen

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #775 on: February 28, 2018, 07:27:12 PM »
Haha, yeah skating colored trucks would make me feel like I was a toddler. Skating those...yeesh. Although I will say Ace is the only company making a copper colorway truck. I kinda dig it.

The copper is fucking badass, always wanted to cop a pair of those.

NowhereInLife

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 6
« Reply #776 on: February 28, 2018, 08:44:52 PM »
I've been lurking this thread for a while now and based on what I've seen and read, it seems like Ace finally got their quality control in fucking order. Gonna get some 44's to try out on my 8.5 board. Glad I don't have to fuck with Khiro pivot cups/Krux bushings(right?).

Xen

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #777 on: March 02, 2018, 09:25:49 AM »

Yes. The ace cups will blow out, it's just their nature.

Not Local

« Reply #778 on: March 02, 2018, 10:16:02 AM »
Never had that happen on the 3 sets I have had.

curbsmash

• Rep: 0
« Reply #779 on: March 02, 2018, 10:55:19 AM »
I'm just gonna keep putting the Krux cushions/Khiro pivot cups in my Aces (even if the stock are now supposedly of better quality, which seems debatable from what folks here are saying) because they're perfect once they're set up that way and I can't see better quality stock bushings/pivot cups being nearly as good. It's not an expensive modification to make and seems well worth it thus far.