Author Topic: Ace trucks  (Read 738918 times)

Paco Supreme

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 525
  • One Trick Pony
Re: Ace trucks
« Reply #750 on: February 07, 2018, 07:15:45 PM »
Expand Quote
Anyone else notice Daan Van Der Linden skating Ace's in his new Nike SB part? Wasn't he on Indy before?
[close]

Might be someone elses board? I also noticed AA skating some aces in hockey ii but pretty sure hes also on indy.

I think Allen has been running ACE for a while, i didnt know delatorre was on the team though

256 Ply

• Rep: 22
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #751 on: February 07, 2018, 08:08:38 PM »
Not sure if this has already been mentioned, but Ace has officially cut ties with Diamond Supply Co.
They are on their own, doing their own distribution.

DM

• Rep: 25

Diocletian

« Reply #753 on: February 08, 2018, 01:01:27 AM »
Daan has been skating Ace’s consistently in recent months and hasn’t gone back to Indy. AA was on them but looks like he went back to Indy. Those purple coping eaters are cool for putting on a shelf but I don’t know how people skate those things. 

TheVisitor

• Rep: -13
« Reply #754 on: February 27, 2018, 10:22:30 PM »
I've been lurking this thread for a while now and based on what I've seen and read, it seems like Ace finally got their quality control in fucking order. Gonna get some 44's to try out on my 8.5 board. Glad I don't have to fuck with Khiro pivot cups/Krux bushings(right?).

pointandclick

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 243

Xen

• Trade Count: (+8)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 938
  • U neg cuz UR insecure-glad I got under your skin
« Reply #756 on: February 28, 2018, 10:17:25 AM »
those look like a rejected krux colorway.

Impossible, all Krux are rejected colorways...I mean who the fuck thinks hot dog trucks would sell?
« Last Edit: February 28, 2018, 07:26:37 PM by Xen »

Diocletian

« Reply #757 on: February 28, 2018, 12:29:22 PM »
Haha, yeah skating colored trucks would make me feel like I was a toddler. Skating those...yeesh. Although I will say Ace is the only company making a copper colorway truck. I kinda dig it.

planman

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 371
  • Morpheus drinking a 40 in a death basket
« Reply #758 on: February 28, 2018, 03:04:58 PM »
I had gray krux once and they looked pretty rad

I saw your mom do a ollie to cooch drop straight down the big black pole, it was gnarly. she defiantly shut that shit down

Xen

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #759 on: February 28, 2018, 07:27:12 PM »
Haha, yeah skating colored trucks would make me feel like I was a toddler. Skating those...yeesh. Although I will say Ace is the only company making a copper colorway truck. I kinda dig it.

The copper is fucking badass, always wanted to cop a pair of those.

NowhereInLife

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 20
« Reply #760 on: February 28, 2018, 08:44:52 PM »
I've been lurking this thread for a while now and based on what I've seen and read, it seems like Ace finally got their quality control in fucking order. Gonna get some 44's to try out on my 8.5 board. Glad I don't have to fuck with Khiro pivot cups/Krux bushings(right?).

Xen

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #761 on: March 02, 2018, 09:25:49 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

Yes. The ace cups will blow out, it's just their nature.

Not Local

« Reply #762 on: March 02, 2018, 10:16:02 AM »
Never had that happen on the 3 sets I have had.

curbsmash

• Rep: 0
« Reply #763 on: March 02, 2018, 10:55:19 AM »
I'm just gonna keep putting the Krux cushions/Khiro pivot cups in my Aces (even if the stock are now supposedly of better quality, which seems debatable from what folks here are saying) because they're perfect once they're set up that way and I can't see better quality stock bushings/pivot cups being nearly as good. It's not an expensive modification to make and seems well worth it thus far.

Diocletian

« Reply #764 on: March 02, 2018, 05:12:09 PM »
I'm just gonna keep putting the Krux cushions/Khiro pivot cups in my Aces (even if the stock are now supposedly of better quality, which seems debatable from what folks here are saying) because they're perfect once they're set up that way and I can't see better quality stock bushings/pivot cups being nearly as good. It's not an expensive modification to make and seems well worth it thus far.

Khiro pivots don’t fit Ace’s properly. I know they’re expensive but get Riptide’s Ace pivots. Those with whatever your favorite bushings are in your Ace’s turn them into the greatest truck you will ever experience. I keep stock Ace bottom’s and a shorter top like a Krux or Indy.

tzhangdox

• Trade Count: (+7)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 518
« Reply #765 on: March 02, 2018, 05:28:07 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

Khiro pivots don’t fit Ace’s properly. I know they’re expensive but get Riptide’s Ace pivots. Those with whatever your favorite bushings are in your Ace’s turn them into the greatest truck you will ever experience. I keep stock Ace bottom’s and a shorter top like a Krux or Indy.

^This. Stock bottom and red indy top bushing is fantastic in my ace 55s right now, insanely sharp/quick turns. I've done stock, bones medium, bones hards, kruxs and this is currently my favourite, with the bones mediums being a close second. I got the khiro pivots and cut them down a bit and they seem to be great, never actually had any problems with stock pivots though.

troy

• Rep: -2
« Reply #766 on: March 04, 2018, 09:01:22 PM »
how do you know if the trucks are the old one or the redesign?

vegan*shawn

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -416
  • listen to Jawbreaker
« Reply #767 on: March 04, 2018, 09:17:19 PM »

The bottom where they connect to the baseplate is wider and they are straight on the edge where the wheels are, if they are rounded they are the old ones

goathead

• Rep: -5
« Reply #768 on: March 05, 2018, 07:01:26 AM »
I just bought a Primewood Dune Monster shape board (9.38 x 31.75) and been thinking about trying some Aces for it. Do you think the 55s would be enough with some wide wheels?

Been riding Indys for ten years and the change is scaring me

curbsmash

« Reply #769 on: March 05, 2018, 07:20:21 AM »
I just bought a Primewood Dune Monster shape board (9.38 x 31.75) and been thinking about trying some Aces for it. Do you think the 55s would be enough with some wide wheels?

Been riding Indys for ten years and the change is scaring me

I think you’d be totally fine with 55’s there. I also recently started riding Aces after only riding indy’s pretty forever and it’s a welcome change. Enjoy them!

Thomas

• Rep: 20
  • no pop no style
« Reply #770 on: March 09, 2018, 12:31:12 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

The bottom where they connect to the baseplate is wider and they are straight on the edge where the wheels are, if they are rounded they are the old ones

Anyone have a picture ?
I ordered some Ace 44 from SoCal on December 6th.
Do you guys think they are stage 2 ?
Possibilities are everywhere, search and enjoy.

DBAG999

« Reply #771 on: March 16, 2018, 03:55:41 PM »
I just put in the krux downlow kingpin with some riptide pivot cups and the soft thunder bushings and I’ve gotta say it feels really nice. Stable in the center but still carvy with a really quick turn.

Was riding stock pivot/kingpin with bones mediums for years before that and having switched I now see that the shortness of the bones bottom bushing definitely fucked with the geometry. Felt like there was no real stable center with that setup and felt more like you tipped into turns. Not to mention I’d have to change pivot cups every 6 months.

Roisto

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 474
« Reply #772 on: March 17, 2018, 07:53:00 AM »
That's some nice info. Good to see Ace stepping up their game. I'm riding some old generation of 44s currently and I like them the best of all trucks I've tried. Gonna stick with Aces for the foreseeable future. Got two pairs to go through and they'll likely last me years, so who knows when I'll get to try the new versions.  :)

rob

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 186
  • Lance Mountain
« Reply #773 on: March 17, 2018, 10:47:54 AM »
Here's some info about their updates:

https://www.acetrucks.com/catalog/

I've only had their second run of trucks (the ones where they only beefed up the wings). It'll be interesting to see how these go.

Wow now that’s how you market your products that have been redesigned/enhanced for the customers and consumers!! Now I’m glad I bought a set to support them

They really did step it up
yes

Not Local

« Reply #774 on: March 17, 2018, 10:52:13 AM »
Conical hanger ends are such a good idea. These new Aces are phenomenal. Maybe one day a size betweens 44s and 55s? And an inverted kingpin option? But really Ace are hard to beat as is at this point.

mynameisnotjeff

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 581
« Reply #775 on: March 19, 2018, 12:27:40 PM »
If I get my first pair of Aces should I immediately switch to the krux inverted kingpin or go stock? I skate in the medium to tight spectrum.
Nothing I do deserves more than an iphone camera.

Mongoloid

« Reply #776 on: March 19, 2018, 12:47:55 PM »
If I get my first pair of Aces should I immediately switch to the krux inverted kingpin or go stock? I skate in the medium to tight spectrum.

the problem with the krux kingpin is that the nut doesn't seat tightly in the base of the truck, so to tighten you gotta remove the trucks from your deck to adjust.

Stock Ace shit isn't bad by any means, and actually quite great when broken in. If you go medium to tight Ace might be a little too loose a truck for you, but I definitely recommend giving them a fair shake.

tzhangdox

• Trade Count: (+7)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 518
« Reply #777 on: March 19, 2018, 01:13:39 PM »
I actually think Aces for medium tight work quite well when broken in. Only do the krux kingpin mod if you either need clearance or want to shave off as much weight as you can.

Diocletian

« Reply #778 on: March 19, 2018, 06:36:37 PM »
Yeah that pic showing all the improvements Ace have done recently is good stuff. My Stage 2’s are near axle but I wanna get a backup of the newest ones. Anyone here tried them stock everything and notice if the new stock bushings allow them to be nice and turny right out of the gate without aftermarket stuff?

Bizarro Jerry

• Rep: 34
« Reply #779 on: March 19, 2018, 06:49:45 PM »
God dammit those new Aces seem phenomenal. But I'm also so satisfied with my venture 5.25 his w/indy super soft bushings. I can turn on a dime, can't wheelbite even if I try, and I'm actually digging the slightly extended wheelbase I get from them. (feels great for mannys, which is all I do anyway). I'll probably cave and buy them in a 2 months anyway.