Author Topic: Ace trucks  (Read 738971 times)

NootNoot

Re: Ace trucks
« Reply #900 on: May 09, 2018, 11:01:21 PM »
If anyone has some decent condition 44's I'd buy a used set to try.
Do you live in Canada? If so I’ll send you some for free. If not just pay the shipping. Dm me.

hey pickle

« Reply #901 on: May 10, 2018, 12:38:37 AM »
anyone know if any uk shops have the new shape 33's?

roba

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 715
« Reply #902 on: May 13, 2018, 10:36:46 AM »
i've been thinking about trying aces out as they are finally available in poland and i've heard that they bend like crazy, is that true? i only know one person who has skated aces and his pair bent, is this still the case?
I'm ok with theft. It happens to me all the time.
I steal too

I’m rich and smart

R.I.P Tate

Xen

• Trade Count: (+8)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 939
  • U neg cuz UR insecure-glad I got under your skin
« Reply #903 on: May 13, 2018, 10:51:32 AM »
i've been thinking about trying aces out as they are finally available in poland and i've heard that they bend like crazy, is that true? i only know one person who has skated aces and his pair bent, is this still the case?

Had you read through this thread you would have found that ACEs no longer have a bending issue; just be sure if you buy them that you are getting NEW stock (you can read this thread to help you figure out what that means).

roba

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 715
« Reply #904 on: May 13, 2018, 11:29:41 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

Had you read through this thread you would have found that ACEs no longer have a bending issue; just be sure if you buy them that you are getting NEW stock (you can read this thread to help you figure out what that means).

thanks, now i have the motivation to scroll through 31 pages
I'm ok with theft. It happens to me all the time.
I steal too

I’m rich and smart

R.I.P Tate

Diocletian

« Reply #905 on: May 17, 2018, 08:00:48 PM »

Check your inbox

Xen

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #906 on: May 17, 2018, 08:42:28 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

Check your inbox

Between th two of us we can make some 44s for him ;0

Diocletian

« Reply #907 on: May 17, 2018, 09:34:48 PM »
Lol, yeah I forgot I have an extra set of stage 1 44’s that were never mounted or skated. Raw silver. And still all the extra baseplates and the brand new 33’s like we talked about. At this point, I have an Ace tacklebox as well as a gigantic boneyard of all sorts of truck stuff. Still have some used 159 standard Indy’s I’d like to get rid of, brand new standard 149 Thunders, and much much more. Too many slightly used boards from trying different sizes and changing my mind. Total madness.

SJ

« Reply #908 on: May 23, 2018, 08:57:02 PM »
Curious, for those who have run Aces with bones bushings (medium) how do you rate them compared to the new stock bushings? Are you able to run the bones looser than the stocks?

Fifty8mm

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: 124
« Reply #909 on: May 26, 2018, 05:08:41 PM »
I have three sets of ace as of right now and a Mag baseplate. I had two older ace 44s with the mag plates. And god they were awesome. Right now I have one set of old 66s and two sets of the newer design in 44 and 55. They feel different it might be psychological but they feel off. Can get the feeling of the older ones back. Could be cause I got fat but still I can't replicate the feeling of before. So I started riding some stage 7 indys which feel fucking good but I get mad wheelbite. They turn awesome though.
Any fat dudes rocking aces? Or just my lonesome fat ass?

Roisto

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 474
« Reply #910 on: May 26, 2018, 10:27:31 PM »
I weigh 95 kg currently  :'( and ride only Aces. Old 44s with and without mag plates on two setups and new 44s and 55s on two cruiser setups. The new Aces don't turn as well as the old ones but I think that's just cuz they're not properly broken in yet. They turn nice but it's not as nice as the old ones which are properly broken in. All of them are stock with the nut flush. It did take me quite long to break in the old Aces too and even though people say that the new ones require no break in, I'm thinking they do.

Fifty8mm

« Reply #911 on: May 27, 2018, 12:31:46 AM »
I weigh 95 kg currently  :'( and ride only Aces.
Im at 116 kg right now. Lol but i was skating some stage 7 indys that I had around. I also have some Titanium Thunders 149 with the raised baseplate. I used to get wheelbite a lot with older thunders might try these out. But Ill probably go back to the stage 7 indys. Such a shame they are getting harder to find and fucking expensive.
« Last Edit: May 27, 2018, 12:35:34 AM by Fifty8mm »

Diocletian

« Reply #912 on: May 27, 2018, 08:18:00 PM »
210lbs. I am now riding these new Aces with the old hard-as-fuck Ace stock bottom bushings with the stock washers, and no top bushing. Two stock Ace top washers flipped upside down for each truck, and the kingpin nuts flipped upside down and tightened down far enough to allow some pretty insane wobble but enough to make the washers catch right before it hits wheelbite. Took me only a day to get used to it and now I’m addicted. The sound when I roll, the carve, the challenge..it gets me stoked. Also running three speed rings on the inside of each wheel, one on the outside, and my axle nuts flipped opposite and tightened flush with enough wiggle room for the wheels. 

BMCsteve

• Rep: 54
« Reply #913 on: May 28, 2018, 05:54:58 AM »
210lbs. I am now riding these new Aces with the old hard-as-fuck Ace stock bottom bushings with the stock washers, and no top bushing. Two stock Ace top washers flipped upside down for each truck, and the kingpin nuts flipped upside down and tightened down far enough to allow some pretty insane wobble but enough to make the washers catch right before it hits wheelbite. Took me only a day to get used to it and now I’m addicted. The sound when I roll, the carve, the challenge..it gets me stoked. Also running three speed rings on the inside of each wheel, one on the outside, and my axle nuts flipped opposite and tightened flush with enough wiggle room for the wheels.

Sk.A.T.A.N

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 694
  • aka Sk.A.N.Y.E.
« Reply #914 on: May 28, 2018, 07:29:48 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

That guy looked like Feedback Ted for a second...

R.I.P RUSTY/FRIP

Diocletian

« Reply #915 on: May 28, 2018, 06:26:18 PM »
I get the same look as marky mark from everyone I know at the park.

tangar

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 64
  • THINK LESS
« Reply #916 on: May 28, 2018, 08:43:20 PM »
People like you are why it took me so long to try aces again. Making them shits sound like a rubicks cube to setup.
Man the long board truck thing killed indy for me. I was willing to set aside the racism, but long boarding, gtfo... - DH

Diocletian

« Reply #917 on: May 28, 2018, 10:53:42 PM »
To each their own. Some people, including myself get bored and/or unsatisfied and like experimenting. I did this over the winter actually, on my Stage 2 Ace’s and really liked it, but once I got these new ones I wanted to see how things would be leaving them stock. Since I weigh more than most on a board, when the new stock bushings really started to break in, leaving them loose and stock actually gave me more wheelbite when I’d lean than when I revisited this crazy ass no top bushing set-up. Like I said, the washers catch it before they hit wheelbite and the hard bottom bushing keeps it more stable than you’d think.

It makes tricks more challenging and requires more muscle strength around your ankles when you’re trying to balance on one foot while pushing. Haven’t bombed a hill yet, I’m sure the speed wobbles might be insane, so that could be the only downside. I suppose I run the risk of loosening the kingpins faster or just straight snapping one, but I’m not gonna sit and worry about it. Like Matt Rodriguez said, “those that feel it, feel it, it’s not for everyone. It’s meant to be enjoyed”.

radcunt

• SLAP Pal
    • FARTPISS DOGCUM avatar image
« Reply #918 on: May 30, 2018, 03:56:12 PM »
Wanna try some 66s but no one I know rides em to nab a few turns.

Jud Nestorkins

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -59
  • Only YOU can prevent corporate espionage.
« Reply #919 on: May 30, 2018, 08:31:24 PM »
Getting trucks from Skate Warehouse. They say 8.25. Are these 44s?

Xen

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #920 on: May 30, 2018, 08:53:06 PM »
Getting trucks from Skate Warehouse. They say 8.25. Are these 44s?

Yessir! Even tho they measure 8.35" but that's ACE's fault for labeling them 8.25" waaaaaaay back in the day.

Dude, you missed the memorial day sale, quicken the pace next time brosef!

Fifty8mm

« Reply #921 on: May 30, 2018, 10:07:54 PM »
I have to sets of aces im willing to let go for cheaper . 44s brand new silver and 55s in rally green used in one curb session.

I also have my 66's with Mag plates but I love those

Gray Imp Sausage Metal

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 75
  • We're just 2 lo(b)s(t)ers sitting behind a screen
« Reply #922 on: May 30, 2018, 11:40:42 PM »
how much for the 44s, and will you ship intl.?

Impish sausage is definitely gonna blow up as a euphemism this year

hey pickle

« Reply #923 on: May 31, 2018, 07:04:54 AM »

you uk/europe? if fifty8mm doesnt want to ship intl. then i have a set of 44 with mag plates, used but great condition. will pm pics if interested and ill throw in the original cast plates which are unused. £30/€35 inc. postage

Shuh

• Rep: 4
« Reply #924 on: May 31, 2018, 07:06:41 AM »
Any hillbombers here? Or you guys just ride tranny?

Diocletian

« Reply #925 on: May 31, 2018, 10:31:10 AM »
I may be interested in buying a set of mag plates off someone if they aren’t too beat up. Located in USA. PM me if you do, thanks.

Fifty8mm

« Reply #926 on: May 31, 2018, 11:07:42 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

you uk/europe? if fifty8mm doesnt want to ship intl. then i have a set of 44 with mag plates, used but great condition. will pm pics if interested and ill throw in the original cast plates which are unused. £30/€35 inc. postage

Good fucking deal!

Roisto

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #927 on: May 31, 2018, 12:01:23 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

Good fucking deal!

Yes! I almost wanna snatch them up, but I've got three sets of 44s already, one with mag plates, so I don't really need more. 🤔

Fifty8mm

« Reply #928 on: May 31, 2018, 12:29:23 PM »
I may be interested in buying a set of mag plates off someone if they aren’t too beat up. Located in USA. PM me if you do, thanks.

I have an extra set of mag plates that I fucking stripped off the black paint. If you are interested.  Pm me or whatever.

Diocletian

« Reply #929 on: June 01, 2018, 09:30:39 AM »
What did you use to remove it?