Author Topic: Ace trucks  (Read 115569 times)

Paco Supreme

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 168
  • One Trick Pony
Re: Ace trucks
« Reply #960 on: June 06, 2018, 05:58:12 PM »
Socal skateshop has mag plates back up on their site

Xen

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 7
« Reply #961 on: June 06, 2018, 06:06:49 PM »

Oh Snap! Probably V1 stock?

Paco Supreme

• SLAP Pal
  • One Trick Pony
« Reply #962 on: June 06, 2018, 08:16:41 PM »

I'd say they found a box out back somewhere

Xen

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #963 on: June 06, 2018, 09:18:53 PM »

I'd say they found a box out back somewhere

I checked with the ACE folks, they were surprised - leftover stock from either diamond or Socal

Silver kingpins for Classic, black kingpins for Low.

Socal is already down 3 sets...get'em while they're hot (and sell them for double on ebay;)

SJ

« Reply #964 on: June 06, 2018, 10:17:10 PM »
Those mag baseplates should be compatible with the new hangers, yeah?

Xen

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #965 on: June 07, 2018, 07:36:30 AM »
Those mag baseplates should be compatible with the new hangers, yeah?

Should?  The only relevant tweak noted on the new stage is an improved bushing seat for less wear on the cups so one has to assume there is a slight difference somewhere?

Firebert

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -39
    • WEEKEND skateboards
« Reply #966 on: June 07, 2018, 07:50:41 AM »
Probably only changed the hangers.
I've hated immigrants ever since I got here.

SJ

« Reply #967 on: June 07, 2018, 08:02:09 AM »
I just took off baseplates for a V1 and V3. They're completely identical and only the hangers are the different.

Xen

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #968 on: June 07, 2018, 09:18:55 AM »

That's my guess.

I'm not going to bother, as I'm content with Theeve.

Firebert

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -39
    • WEEKEND skateboards
« Reply #969 on: June 07, 2018, 09:35:58 AM »

That's my guess.

I'm gonna grab some just to have some - also, speaking of Theeve, I just got my hands on some used Tihangers - I know the geo's are diff., but I'd still like to see how it feels to have the TiH on the mag plate.
I've hated immigrants ever since I got here.

Xen

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #970 on: June 07, 2018, 11:40:25 AM »

That's my guess.

I'm gonna grab some just to have some - also, speaking of Theeve, I just got my hands on some used Tihangers - I know the geo's are diff., but I'd still like to see how it feels to have the TiH on the mag plate.

It won't be that noticeable enough to throw you off.

I wish Theeve still sold the Ti Kingpins, silly light!

Xen

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #971 on: June 07, 2018, 06:12:13 PM »
Some people say weight doesn't matter yet these things flew off the shelf (sold out).

Paco Supreme

• SLAP Pal
  • One Trick Pony
« Reply #972 on: June 07, 2018, 06:47:02 PM »
It's all placebo effect, but i go in in a big way

I wish Theeve still sold the TiBolts

Diocletian

• Rep: 4
« Reply #973 on: June 08, 2018, 06:22:27 AM »
I missed out on the plates. Why canít they just make them again?

Xen

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #974 on: June 08, 2018, 07:05:56 AM »
It's all placebo effect, but i go in in a big way

I wish Theeve still sold the TiBolts

https://asylumskateshop.com/product/toy-machine-transmissionator-yellow/

I missed out on the plates. Why canít they just make them again?

No idea, people obviously want them, even the pro/rippers that ride them at my local rock them. Socal sold out lightning fast.

My guess is the hassle in getting them made? Doesn't seem that cost/markup was an issue.

A hollow forged option would be the ticket!
« Last Edit: June 08, 2018, 07:09:57 AM by Xen »

BMCsteve

• Rep: 6
« Reply #975 on: June 08, 2018, 08:01:01 AM »
I was told by Ace that they will not make the mag plates again.  The issue was that too many were getting damages in shipping due to the magnesium being more fragile than aluminum.  Obviously Tensor can ship them with no issues but they also have their own factory

Thomas

• Rep: -1
  • no pop no style
« Reply #976 on: June 11, 2018, 02:14:49 AM »
Palomino seems to have some, but damn 30£ for a baseplate...

https://www.thepalomino.com/products/ace-magnesium-baseplates
Possibilities are everywhere, search and enjoy.

j....soy.....

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 666
« Reply #977 on: June 11, 2018, 06:22:00 PM »
Man. I got some 55's and the bushings seem super soft....I know that's not uncommon with most stock bushings but I guess with that height and the turning radius it seems so loose...

Sk8 Prick

• Rep: 0
« Reply #978 on: June 12, 2018, 07:43:35 AM »
Anyone ever have issue with axel slip? Ive had one pair of ace trucks, loved how they looked and felt, but the axel slip was unbearable. Had it on both trucks. It got to the point that anytime I didn't land something my wheels would stop spinning completely. F*cked up the ends of both axels from constantly banging them on the ground to center them. Never had this issue with any trucks before (always thought it was a myth, or that people were being babies). Did I possibly have a defective pair? Have they addressed this issue? Or do I just really suck at sk8ing? *I know this has probably been discussed in depth but I'm lazy to find answers*

Xen

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #979 on: June 12, 2018, 09:30:00 AM »
Anyone ever have issue with axel slip? Ive had one pair of ace trucks, loved how they looked and felt, but the axel slip was unbearable. Had it on both trucks. It got to the point that anytime I didn't land something my wheels would stop spinning completely. F*cked up the ends of both axels from constantly banging them on the ground to center them. Never had this issue with any trucks before (always thought it was a myth, or that people were being babies). Did I possibly have a defective pair? Have they addressed this issue? Or do I just really suck at sk8ing? *I know this has probably been discussed in depth but I'm lazy to find answers*

Been off an on ACEs for years now, never had axle slip.

tangar

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 62
  • THINK LESS
« Reply #980 on: June 12, 2018, 04:29:43 PM »
Man. I got some 55's and the bushings seem super soft....I know that's not uncommon with most stock bushings but I guess with that height and the turning radius it seems so loose...
They should harden up after a few sessions. Donít be afraid to tighten em down once you feel them starting to bounce back.
Man the long board truck thing killed indy for me. I was willing to set aside the racism, but long boarding, gtfo... - DH

Thomas

• Rep: -1
  • no pop no style
« Reply #981 on: June 13, 2018, 02:42:09 AM »

I had this on Indys, switched to Aces, had it on my last pair of Aces too.
I guess it just happens, the hanger is molded on the axle, so there's nothing to prevent this...
Possibilities are everywhere, search and enjoy.

B. Hopper

« Reply #982 on: June 18, 2018, 11:56:59 AM »
Just got my first set of Ace 44s. Looking forward to trying them. Gonna set them up today!
42 years young. Skatin' since '80. Take yours slams, get up smiling, say #thankyouskateboarding, and get back up and do it again. Because FUN.

planman

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -482
  • Morpheus drinking a 40 in a death basket
« Reply #983 on: June 18, 2018, 11:28:44 PM »
Just got my first set of Ace 44s. Looking forward to trying them. Gonna set them up today!
You'll love them. Best truck ever.

I saw your mom do a ollie to cooch drop straight down the big black pole, it was gnarly. she defiantly shut that shit down.

beatifk

• Rep: 10
« Reply #984 on: June 19, 2018, 05:31:59 AM »

I had this on Indys, switched to Aces, had it on my last pair of Aces too.
I guess it just happens, the hanger is molded on the axle, so there's nothing to prevent this...

Yeah, I don't know how people don't get axel slip eventually... I only skate indys and ace currently, but they all have some level of axel slip. I do a lot of slappies so I'm pretty rough on them but it still can get annoying to constantly keep checking to see that the wheels are spinning freely.

But the axel slip on ace and indy is nothing compared to some ventures I had several years back which would slip constantly. I haven't tried ventures since but I have been curious (aka experiencing acute truck madness).

j....soy.....

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 666
« Reply #985 on: June 19, 2018, 08:41:37 AM »
That's why I skated the Theeve tih's for so long.....I've now finally moved back to traditional trucks.  My fingers are crossed....I can fuck with the tap....tap....

Diocletian

• Rep: 4
« Reply #986 on: June 21, 2018, 11:22:05 AM »
Three speed rings on the inside, one outside, and flip those axle nuts. No axle slip ever again.

B. Hopper

« Reply #987 on: June 27, 2018, 10:38:58 PM »
My first pair of Ace trucks. So far, I love them.

42 years young. Skatin' since '80. Take yours slams, get up smiling, say #thankyouskateboarding, and get back up and do it again. Because FUN.

ballintoohard

• Rep: -3
« Reply #988 on: July 14, 2018, 08:08:17 AM »
If anyone is selling some Mag plates, holler- I'll buy a set.

clamy

• Rep: 81
« Reply #989 on: July 28, 2018, 06:38:18 AM »
I just set up my third set of 44s. My last two sets lasted a year and then the axles slipped. On the first set both axles slipped, and on the second set only one axle slipped.

Is axle slip more likely to happen if you skate trucks that are wider than your board? I skate 44s on 8 and 8.125.

I'd rather set up a new set of Aces every year than have the same old slow turning Indies for a couple of years.
« Last Edit: July 28, 2018, 06:41:38 AM by clamy »