Author Topic: axion footwear  (Read 5380 times)

hairyarmpit

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: 0
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
Re: axion footwear
« Reply #30 on: September 14, 2006, 02:52:32 AM »
dam pick me up some koston 1,s in size 9 i,ll pay

koots

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 52
« Reply #31 on: September 14, 2006, 05:18:33 AM »
Yup, I live here.

All the adios at the night market are fakes.  E's, emerica, etnies are manufactured here.  They're all factory backdoors apparently (basically corruption runs high in the shoe factories!). 

I'm a size 11 and you won't have a problem finding size 12. 

You need to hit the foreigner ghetto known as Itaewon.  There's a good skateshop there called Tussa also.  I'd use Tussa as a reference point...on the main drag before Tussa, but on the same side of the road, there is one small shop that is loaded down with skate shoes.  If you go past Tussa and just past the Philippines' Embassy you'll see another shoe shop on the left (kangaroo shop).  For a while this place was a haven of cheap skate shoes:  ipath's, emericas, vans.  Last time I was there they didn't have as much selection but they had quite a bit in size 12.

peace.
Ok,

You must be new to the Skateboard game.  This is real industry talk.  "It's all about who you know".  And that's real.
  Beautiful

scott

• Rep: 21
  • woo hah!!
« Reply #32 on: September 14, 2006, 07:02:16 AM »
Damn, thanks alot homey!  Are you native to Seoul/Korea?  I live in SF, but i actually like Seoul alot more for alot of things, especially the nightlife/activity.  SF seems pretty boring compared to here, to be honest.  People are actually out and interacting here.  I'm thinking about moving here for a few months and taking language classes. 

I just got back from dinner by COEX, it's actually the first time i've seen people skating here.  I think it was across the street from the main COEX hall, is that a main spot? The ground was definitely good.  I'll go try to peep out those shops you recommended tomorrow or the next day.  The weather's so perfect outside right now, not to mention the ladies!!! hahaha, (shhh dont tell my girl!)
Thanks again mang. 

remEMBer

• SLAP Pal
    • emb4ever avatar image
« Reply #33 on: September 14, 2006, 08:59:15 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
^^^ you're avatar has gino wearing the first kareems...that was a sick colorway

i remember that the first run of that shoe, there was a problem with the airbubble, that shit would bust no matter what
[close]
That was Kareem Kicks and I had three pairs of em and that shit never happend. They were really good shoes.
[close]

KCK's were good shoes. So were the first Ginos.
YEah and the Aries and the MVP's were sick, I was always finding them on Ebay like 6 pairs for a while, but now its pretty rare to find them.

roulette

« Reply #34 on: September 14, 2006, 12:17:05 PM »
didnt duffs make the first KCKs?

chocolate pow!

• Rep: -3
    Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
    Silver Topic Start Silver Topic Start : Start a topic with over 5,000 replies.
« Reply #35 on: September 14, 2006, 12:25:39 PM »
didnt duffs make the first KCKs?

yes the did, but i think he called his first shoe on axion that as well, not completely sure about that though

but i know his later model on axion was called KCK 2000, i had a pair of those, got them off a rep after i won a bet

liquid swords

• Rep: 6
« Reply #36 on: September 14, 2006, 02:06:29 PM »
i just watched the spaniards' part from la county...basically all of the axions they're wearing are the ones i wish were available now

word!! had almost all of those, wish i stil had those. the shoes started getting bad after their first ressurection, i had the kck3 then and those were nothing like the first, too fat and bulky

sfa

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 177
« Reply #37 on: September 14, 2006, 02:21:51 PM »
islanders............god id love a pair of those.
I need a coffee

HenryChinaski

• Rep: 28
« Reply #38 on: September 14, 2006, 02:41:27 PM »
caine gayle fucking sucks
You have got to see this hilarious picture of Caine Gayle on the skateboard mag website: http://www.theskateboardmag.com/news/index.html?s=502
I was laughing my ass off when I saw that picture last night.
I had the one of the first Kareem Axion’s in a navy color way. They were rad shoes, but the air bubble popped when I skated them.
"You don't know what I'm all about like killing cops and reading Kerouac."

enfocus

• Right Brain Positive avatar image
« Reply #39 on: September 14, 2006, 07:47:38 PM »
Damn, thanks alot homey!  Are you native to Seoul/Korea?  I live in SF, but i actually like Seoul alot more for alot of things, especially the nightlife/activity.  SF seems pretty boring compared to here, to be honest.  People are actually out and interacting here.  I'm thinking about moving here for a few months and taking language classes. 

I just got back from dinner by COEX, it's actually the first time i've seen people skating here.  I think it was across the street from the main COEX hall, is that a main spot? The ground was definitely good.  I'll go try to peep out those shops you recommended tomorrow or the next day.  The weather's so perfect outside right now, not to mention the ladies!!! hahaha, (shhh dont tell my girl!)
Thanks again mang. 

I used to live in Korea too and I reckon that in a few years you are going to see some serious talent coming out of there. I used to live in Suwon and skate with some of the local crew. There was this one girl who had ninja-pop. She had the nicest ollies and probably the best style I've seen on ANY female skater.

As for cheap skate shoes, that shop in Itaewon had some nice, collectable Axions when I was there (04). Everytime i went back they had different, random shoes.

Just to talk to the local skaters. They know where all the goods are. In a place like Korea you really get to experience the "skate family" mentality. It's a good thing to know that you're down with peoples just because you got the same passion.

koots

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #40 on: September 15, 2006, 12:34:29 AM »
Expand Quote

Thanks again mang. 
[close]

I used to live in Korea too and I reckon that in a few years you are going to see some serious talent coming out of there. I used to live in Suwon and skate with some of the local crew. There was this one girl who had ninja-pop. She had the nicest ollies and probably the best style I've seen on ANY female skater.

As for cheap skate shoes, that shop in Itaewon had some nice, collectable Axions when I was there (04). Everytime i went back they had different, random shoes.

Just to talk to the local skaters. They know where all the goods are. In a place like Korea you really get to experience the "skate family" mentality. It's a good thing to know that you're down with peoples just because you got the same passion.

yeah, she's dc flow now.
How long are you around for Scott? 
I'm going to cult spot to skate either tomorrow or Sunday but then I'm heading to Canada for a couple weeks after this weekend.  I'll be back in October if you want to hook up a session.

Cult is one of the most popular spots and a good place to meet locals.  It's near dongdaemun stadium above woochungsan skateshop (in the underground mall).  Another fun spot is at YongSan station.  Both of these spots were in the 5boro promo quite a bit.  If you want to check out more stuff then take a look at www.flateen.com and get your girl to translate.

peace. 

Ok,

You must be new to the Skateboard game.  This is real industry talk.  "It's all about who you know".  And that's real.
  Beautiful

j....soy.....

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1578
« Reply #41 on: September 15, 2006, 08:17:32 AM »
i remember this fat dude at slam was korean....he was terrible...i felt so bad...hey koots...you see http://www2.sportsnet.ca/video/videoPlayer_features.php?url=rtmp://38.99.151.50/sportsnet/skating.flv josh giving props at the end...

c-side

« Reply #42 on: September 15, 2006, 10:06:14 AM »
had my eyes on these aries but would of been to small. i posted up a few pics of Islanders, aries and routines  but cant find them on the slap board

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&ih=019&item=290024145279&rd=1&sspagename=STRK%3AMEWA%3AIT&rd=1

c-side

« Reply #43 on: September 15, 2006, 10:12:52 AM »
BLVD's axions sports from classic skateshoe thread

roulette

« Reply #44 on: September 15, 2006, 01:32:22 PM »
Expand Quote
caine gayle fucking sucks
[close]
You have got to see this hilarious picture of Caine Gayle on the skateboard mag website: http://www.theskateboardmag.com/news/index.html?s=502
I was laughing my ass off when I saw that picture last night.
I had the one of the first Kareem Axion’s in a navy color way. They were rad shoes, but the air bubble popped when I skated them.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHA

i liked his shit back in the day

koots

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #45 on: September 15, 2006, 01:33:25 PM »
i remember this fat dude at slam was korean....he was terrible...i felt so bad...hey koots...you see http://www2.sportsnet.ca/video/videoPlayer_features.php?url=rtmp://38.99.151.50/sportsnet/skating.flv josh giving props at the end...

roots baby!
Ok,

Beautiful